Chit Chat Restaurant and Guesthouse Reviews

D-160 Kabir Marg, Bani Park, Jaipur, India

Great location, nice rooms with large LCD screens with USB port to play your movies. Staff all friendly and helpfull, recommended to anyone visiting the city Wine shop and great street food just across the road.

This is not a hostel, it's a hotel. Room was clean, except for the dusty flat surfaces (room desk). No hot water, no trash bin in the room. Location far from main sights (take a bus or tuc tuc). Wifi needs improvement and no outlets close to the bed. Not a place to meet other travellers. Food is good and ok price. Travel agency couldn't sell me a bus ticket (??) and at the end the owner asked me for tips!!! No sense! It's a new hotel run by unexperienced people. I would not recommend.

Great hotel to stay in Jaipur. Mohan is the best! Wish we could have him backpack with us!! The other workers were great as well. The owner was great. Food was decent, strong wifi, everything was great at Chit Chat. We'd absolutely return to stay longer if we were ever in Jaipur again!

Very good value for money. It's more a hotel than a hostel with clean floors and spacious rooms with hot showers (though you have to wait 2-5 minutes). The attached restaurant serves very delicious food (try the mixed veg curry) and is a big relief after Agra's culinary disaster. Owner and staff are very honest and helpful. Wifi is free and only available in the public areas. Location is between train station (10 minutes walking) and pink city (20 minutes walking). Recommendation!

The service at this hostel was outstanding. Traveling alone in India for the first time, I got a bad case of food poisoning from a day trip to Pushkar and nearly missed my flight out of India. The owners took me to the doctor and pharmacist, helped me reorganize my travel schedule, and advised me about all health and travel related issues. They were so sweet and caring, it was really comforting when I was so sick. I highly recommend this hostel.

Positive: The owner Shushilji is an excellent man! The facility is run by his family and everybody pours in to help. They have excellent knowledge of the place. Very cooperative and helpful on all fronts. Would definitely go there again. Negative: Rooms can be a bit more cleaner and they should supervise the workers on the job they are doing.

Friendly and helpfull. We were anoyd by a big groep of indian guests that made a lot of noise, but not the hotels fold..

• 16th Dec 2014

You could not pick a better place to stay than chit chat guest house. Sunil, Santosh and Mohan are the most wonderful hosts, they are so helpful and friendly and will get you anything you need. Rooms are basic but have everything you need; hot water (better at night), secure, TVs and fans. The guest house is close to restaurants and they have beer (just ask!). Also they work with the most beautiful rickshaw driver, Kirshna. Ask for him and you will have the best time in Jaipur. Recommend

The place is absolutely great for a budget traveler. Normally in India one would be disappointed with pictures of accommodation and real rooms. But the accommodation here at Chit chat Guest house is better than in pictures. The owner Sushil Ji is an excellent person. Very hard to find an honest advisor like him for a tourist in Jaipur. I am impressed by his vision for providing service to tourists. Certainly staying here again on my next visit.

Poppy and Poonam are both excellent and will look after you totally and offer plenty of helpful advice. I can't wait to go back.

Good place to stay, staff were extremely friendly and helpful....loved the banana pancakes brought to our room when we were suffering from Delhi belly

The room was very clean and for a change this hotel actualy had hot watter. But staf didnt care about my stay, no towels no loo paper. And they shortchanged me for Rs300 and didnt took off the 10%, I payed as deposit via hostelworld.Room was oposite the main desk in the cort yard and lacking privacy when you get in or out of the room,as it had one of those indian duble doors.... Far way from the center,altough close to train station.

a real safe, refreshing environment ,the staff are trustworthy genuine people a relief pitstop when coming from delhi. i couldnt ask for anything more. i really really really recommend this place an should get a place in lonley planet !!!!! i feel at home .......

View all Jaipur Bed and Breakfasts