Choiseul Hotel Reviews

13 rue Huguerie, Bordeaux, France

Although I had booked in advance no one was there so I had to phone. The wifi didn't work even in the commun room. The commun bathroom was not cleaned. However, overall, it's cheap, quiet and the room was really clean and confortable.

When I was there to check in, nobody was inside the hotel. I waited an hour, during the times they stated they would be there to check people in, until finally giving up and having to find a different hotel. I had to spent 250€ because I could only find one room available. DO NOT book this hotel. I was lucky I could even find the one bed. So unprofessional, such poor quality customer service. Can't believe this hotel almost ruined my trip to Bordeaux. DO NOT book!

• 10th Oct 2015

Great price for great location!

My room was old and dirty. I stayed on the ground floor and the bathroom was on fourth floor so not very convenient. The shower was also old and dirty

• 9th Sep 2015

Had to pay for WIFI and it barely worked. Wires were sticking out of the roof No fan or air conditioning Took half an hour just to get in as the door was locked with no reception @ 1pm in the afternoon.

• 31st Aug 2015

Shared bathroom facilities not very clean or easy to find. Also no common area. But location is excellent!

I had a great stay at this hotel. It's a very clean, comfortable hotel which is in a great location and fantastic staff. The owner Eric is the most lovely, kind man who is very helpful and goes out of his way to ensure that you are enjoying your stay at his hotel and in Bordeaux. There is a simple but lovely breakfast served daily and the rooms all have wonderful facilities and wifi. The hotel is central to everything and transport is very easy. Thanks for having me at your hotel Eric! :)

I didn't hate my stay here, I was upgraded to a room with my own bathroom and television. But I have to rate it lowly for a few reasons. For one, the whole place shuts down in the evening. I returned at around 9pm, all the lights were off, no one was around, it was so quiet, it was like a horror movie. Also they were doing renovations which I was not told and got paint on a bunch of stuff from my freshly painted door. There is also only internet available from reception.

Sink in the room, toilet at the corridor and shower in the kitchen 3 floors up from my room, wow!

Great place at a good price. I would only change two things: I wish there was internet in the bedrooms and, This place would make a great hostel and that way it would be easy to meet people. It's just a regular hotel and it does not have a place or activities so travelers can meet. The location is amazing and as a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and it was walking distance to great places in the center of the city and the bus station.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Get ready to not be let in when you arrive, and not be able to check ou when you leave. Reception hours are short.

for Euro38 p night its was very disappointing! great location, thats all...

• 11th Jun 2015

Wonderful little hotel in a peaceful street but right in the centre of Bordeaux! Lovely staff, room was nice and clean.

• 6th Jun 2015