Choiseul Hotel Reviews

13 rue Huguerie, Bordeaux, France

I had a great stay at this hotel. It's a very clean, comfortable hotel which is in a great location and fantastic staff. The owner Eric is the most lovely, kind man who is very helpful and goes out of his way to ensure that you are enjoying your stay at his hotel and in Bordeaux. There is a simple but lovely breakfast served daily and the rooms all have wonderful facilities and wifi. The hotel is central to everything and transport is very easy. Thanks for having me at your hotel Eric! :)

I didn't hate my stay here, I was upgraded to a room with my own bathroom and television. But I have to rate it lowly for a few reasons. For one, the whole place shuts down in the evening. I returned at around 9pm, all the lights were off, no one was around, it was so quiet, it was like a horror movie. Also they were doing renovations which I was not told and got paint on a bunch of stuff from my freshly painted door. There is also only internet available from reception.

Sink in the room, toilet at the corridor and shower in the kitchen 3 floors up from my room, wow!

Great place at a good price. I would only change two things: I wish there was internet in the bedrooms and, This place would make a great hostel and that way it would be easy to meet people. It's just a regular hotel and it does not have a place or activities so travelers can meet. The location is amazing and as a woman traveling alone, I felt safe and it was walking distance to great places in the center of the city and the bus station.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Get ready to not be let in when you arrive, and not be able to check ou when you leave. Reception hours are short.

for Euro38 p night its was very disappointing! great location, thats all...

• 11th Jun 2015

Wonderful little hotel in a peaceful street but right in the centre of Bordeaux! Lovely staff, room was nice and clean.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Staff and management very helpful and friendly - hotel clean, central and good value

• 11th May 2015

A very inexpensive hostel which was in a great location in Bordeaux. Hostel staff was very friendly and welcoming. Room was a bit small, and I didn't have a private toilet or shower in my room, but nonetheless was a good room/experience. Very good for the price.

• 10th Apr 2015