Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

I only stayed one night and have no real complaints. I got lost getting to the hostel, but found it in the end. The one thing I really didn't like is that you cannot pay with a credit card unless it is over €35, very inconvenient.

A nice and friendly place, I would check in again.

This was the best hostel, i've ever been! It was wonderful, really close to the city center, great value for money. I recommend everyone! :-)

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

I was staying in the secret garden, not at the ciak hostel itself, which is located about 3-5 mins walking distance from the ciak hostel. The hostel room has a private bathroom, which is nice.

Really enjoyed my stay here, wished it was longer!! Good hostel vibe and really close to metro straight into the city, or a 15 minute walk to the coliseum! We were lucky to book a private room for 2 and get a room of four to ourselves, so lots of extra room. Also very easy to get to termini station. Great stay!

The Hostel is really good, the only problem that i had was the bathroom. I couldn't use the toilet at my room because it was leaking. other than that, my stay was really good. They helped me with maps, directions. They gave me a bunch of hints. I really recommend it

we had a dubble private room in other building + free wifi but slow + location + price - breakfast, it was nothing, waste my time to take breakfast - room looks cheap, old

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This is a nice, small, quite hostel that was relatively cheap for Rome. The hostel is a 20 minute walk from the Colosseum and a 15 minute walk from the train station. There is a metro line right near the hostel if you do not want to walk to the city center. Rooms were clean and comfortable. WiFi was okay. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is provided. It's a pretty basic breakfast but it's a free breakfast. Grocery store one block away. Would definitely stay again.

It was an ok hostel. Pros: close to main train station (20 min walk) or 2 min walk from metro stop; breakfast included with kitchen; lockers; ensuite. Cons: not much atmosphere, no real common room, just table chairs used for breakfast in narrow hall/room; I had a very uncomfortable bed (for hostel standards); wifi didn't really work in room (although I was in furthest bed from reception so maybe others worked) Overall it's an ok hostel. It does the job. Nothing amazing but not awful.

We enjoyed our stay. The location is convenient. Walking distance to the Coliseum and right next to the metro to get everywhere else. They had a free pasta night which was fantastic and the breakfast was good too!

Importance !!!! I lose An iPad on the hostel , although I have responsibility , The safety of this hostel should be considered . You can just use the key to lock your room , if your roommate do not lock the door , all people can get in . Since there is not enough locker, you can imagine the safety !! Therefore, not enough sockets , only two for 6 peoples . The bed is uncomfortable and dirty , I got an itch on my back all night ! Some staff is nice and helpful , but the "manager " not

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

The bed number 5 of the female room was kinda broken. It wasnt confortable, but i changed for the other days i stood there. I dont know if they fixed it, but i think its not safe for both girls (it was a bunk and my bed was the top one).

on the plus side the Ciak was close to everything and the staff helpful. Unfortunately six of us shared a very small, cramped bathroom that had no ventilation at all, was mildewy and stank, and had such a small inadequate shower that the floor and toilet was wet all the time. room was hot and stuffy but couldn't open the only window (no screen) because of the mosquitos.

Ciak is located near the Colisseum, 10 minutes walking and you'll be there. There are also a subway station (Manzoni) nearby so it easy to go around Rome. The kitchen is small, but it's enough for all guests. I took a 6-people shared room with private bathroom and it was ok. The problems were the mosquitos and the warm temperatures in this period of the year in Rome.

Location was good and staff helpful. The shared bathroom was horrible. The lack of any ventilation caused it to be moldy and smelly. In addition, it was so small it was impossible to shower without getting the entire room wet. Would not stay here again only because of lack of adequate bathroom facilities.

Internet is bad in the secret garden and the location is a bit odd but close to the subway. The room itself was very clean and quite nice with a balcony.

Strongly recommend you to stay in Cyak hostel.. very small hostel but pretty good. Just be aware pf the city tax: plus 3.50 per person per night... quite high value but not their fault o believe. Great location and staff :)

Very nice place! Second time for me, last time I stayed alone in the main building, now in a double private. A little uncomfortable to go from one building to the other, as we had lots of luggage, but then the room was totally worth it. More like hotel the second building, not hostel, as there is no common place. Breakfast is good, croissants would be nice! I would definitely stay again and recommend it. Great location!!!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Hostel is in a good location in rome, close walking distance to a metro stop and right down the road from the colosseum. We had rooms in the secret garden which unfortunately had very poor wifi signal. Otherwise the rooms were clean and tidied everyday with good aircon. There is very little atmosphere in the hostel and no decent common area so don't expect to be able to party or meet people easily!

It's a nice place with friendly atmosphere, polite staff, in good area not far away from the city center and the train station. We enjoyed staying there.

• 27th Aug 2014