Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

I had a lovely stay here. The hostel itself and the staff made me want to go back there very soon. Lovely experience overall.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Staff is very kind and good at Korean

Had the best time in Rome and was so glad I chose ciak hostel as it was so close to everything and in walking distance was easy to find and very friendly. I will definitely recommend to friends And stay again next time

• 11th Aug 2014

Its really worth your money. The hostel is clean, the breakfast is great, and the theme of the hostel is nice. It a nice hostel to crash if you happen to be in Rome, plus its close to the Colisium and the train station, both are walkable distance.

We had a great stay at the Ciak!! Apart from getting into the hostel at 1am and then being transferred to the "Secret Garden" (which we didn't even know existed) so we only really checked in at 1.30am ... it was a great stay and almost faultless. The Secret Garden was the perfect location, Our room was great, air con was superb and the beds were super comfortable. We felt safe in our hostel and the breakfast was nice and the free pasta nights twice a week were delicious!!

• 28th Jul 2014

Bathrooms are not very well maintained which gives the impression of sloppiness.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Good hostel in a great location. Kitchen is good but you cant use it on certain evenings in the week due to pasta nights! Bathrooms were ok, but showers became blocked after one person using them meaning bathrooms flooded very quickly!

Loved it here! too bad we could only stay for 2 nights because it was fullybooked... we had a private room with bathtub! really enjoyed it :-)

Breakfast was great loved the rooftop garden and great location 10minute walk to thecolluseum.we had a bathroom upstairs from our room which was hard to unlock and irritating

Francis was very friendly. I got there at 11pm (23:00) and was leaving at 6am (06:00) before breakfast was served. Francis said that he would make sure he was up and I would get something to eat since I had paid money. He even offered me some of his dinner that night. Great guy. Great atmosphere. Great hostel.

Very good hostel!

We had a great time at ciak! Great location - 10 minute walk from the colloseum, 2 minute walk to train station and the best gelato and supermarket are right round the corner! They even made our beds everyday and we had free pasta on the Tuesday night! Not a party hostel which suited us as there's so much to do in the day!

Small hostel which limits partying. Nice free breakfast and pasta some nights.

Our room probably had a water damage, it was always damp. It does not take 10min to walk from the train station or the colosseum(as it's said on their web site), more like 25 minutes. We booked the room partly because of the free pasta dinners that were mentioned on their web site to be on friday and saturday, but when we got there we learned that they had changed it to tuesday and thursday. There were a lot of disturbing noise from the street during night time. Poor cleaning.

I didn't have a bad stay but it was verry average. Not a great set up, hard to find, dirty location. Really UNCOMFORTABLE beds

Fine as long as you don't plan on sleeping. The rooms are so hot that you have to leave the windows open and as it's right next to a very busy road there are traffic noises all night long. Excellent location being just 15 mins walk from the Colleseum. No lockers and not everyone locks the door to the room. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The staff do their best to us :) Very receptive!

From my month of travelling, this was my favourite hostel! They have a free pasta party on a Tuesday and a Thursday evening and I would definitely recommend signing up for it if you stay - it's a brilliant way of meeting the other people at the hostel (and as it is only quite a small hostel you get a great community feel once you get to know some of the people there)! The staff are all really friendly and accommodating and if I ever come back to Rome this will be my first choice!! Thanks :)

We booked for three nights but left after the first. One of us got bug bites all over their body while sleeping in the room. Rooms were small and was like you were on top of each other. No lockers or much room for your bags in the room. Also if you looking for quiet it's not the place as you're allowed to make noise until 1am. No air con either

Air condition was broken, the stuff wasn't very helpful. The location seem to be a little schechy. Very noisy at night!

« first « Prev 1 2 3