Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

I had ordered a private room and they messed up my reservation. Then made me change rooms after a night. The one girl at the desk were helpful but the other didn't know much. Also they put my boyfriend in a girls room without telling him as woke us up at 2:30 am to yell at him for being there when we had a flight a 7:00 am. The breakfast in the secret garden building was nice and the rooms and bathrooms were nice but the customer service wasn't great.

Good selection for breakfast. The staff were very helpful in recommending places and how to get around in Rome and staying safe there.

Had such a mixed experience here. Especially with the staff. The wifi wasn't working for almost 2 days when I was there and some staff were helpful and apologetic about the fact. Others didn't seem to care too much. It was actually scary half the time going up to the front desk to ask questions because you didn't know what type of response you would get. I felt very uncomfortable here towards the end and it was all because of a staff member who was just downright rude.

My only complaint was that the cleaning staff came in at 9:30am even though check-out isn't until 10:00am. They made me move all of my things in the room as they stripped the beds and started cleaning, even though I wasn't yet ready to leave.

Got in late, they couldn't find my reservation(had all my receipts), ended up with a better room for the same rate, well located close to train and attractions, wifi in our room wAs spotty at best but it worked

CIAK Hostel is a friendly place to stay. It's clean, safe and also provide free luggage storage and breakfast. It has kind staff and you can use the kitchen also.

• 5th May 2015
  • Indonesia

Handy location, staff were helpful, friendly and had we no problems. Secure, clean, nice place to stay...10-15 minute walk to Colosseum and bank, metro, supermarket all within 5 minutes or less. Highly recommend.

the location is very convenient. The staff is nice. But the bed is too low to the floor.

• 2nd May 2015
  • China

Great hostel, location is close to all the sights of Rome but in a quiet area. Really appreciate the fact that there are free pasta dinner nights and free breakfast.

• 30th Apr 2015

Stayed 2 nights in private room, which is located in the other building. Everything was fantastic, although shower was clogged. Location is perfect for arriving by train and wanting to walk to downtown Colleseum area. They also had free pasta dinner the night we came - thanks:) Overall, enjoyable experience for last minute booking.

This hostel was great value for money with an excellent location and nice dorms. My favourite things about it was the cleanliness and the location, within walking distance from the main attractions if you don't mind walking 20-30 minutes. The only downs for me were the wifi - which would not work in my room - and the lack of a plug where I could charge my phone near the top bunk. The breakfast some days was better than others, they take a while to replenish things.

• 28th Apr 2015

I had a great time at the Ciak Hostel. The beds were comfortable, the showers were hot, and the staff her helpful and friendly. The location was great; It was waking distance to the Colosseum and only a block away from a metro station. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast. It was Corn Flakes and bread. Other than that the stay was great.

The wifi in the room at Secret Garden only worked when you stood by the door so that was annoying. It was also a little strange that check out was at 10am but the cleaner would come in a 9:15 so we felt rushed to get out when we had time. My booking was messed up so two days before we left we had to switch to a location 15 minutes away. though we had to wait and we lost our room for a couple hours, the staff explained everything well, paid for our taxi there and the new place was beautiful!

Really good hostel, excellent location! You can arrive there from Termini by walking in 10 minutes, and it's very close to the metro and coliseum. The staff were very kind and the place very clean. Wifi functioned excellently. And we had free pasta for dinner on Tuesday!!!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Nice spot in general. Super good spot for catching a train out of rome if you have an early flight or even exploring rome. Really close to the colosseum. I especially liked the storm shutters to help shut out the light and noise of the street. The extra computers were also an unexpected bonus. Very clean place, good security. A nice place to stay overall.

Very nice hostel, great staff, comfy beds, good location. Thanks Ciak

• 22nd Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the Ciak! The hostel was very accommodating with my early arrival, and the staff was really friendly. My only suggestion would be setting quiet hours. The walls were very thin, and as my room was right next to the lobby area, I could hear people talking loudly well into the night.

The staff is amazing, really helpful and nice. There was a trouble with our card and they let us stay the night and pay only the morning after. The breakfast is simple, but abundant. The facilities are good, confortable and warm beds. The bathroom/shower could be improved. They have 3 computers that you can use. I'd go there again.

The location is really good , just walk 15 minutes to Colosseum . There are supermarket and ice cream shop close to hostel . Highly recommend to try that ice cream shop which with reasonable price and tasty .

Shower drain did not work very well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4