Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Bathrooms are not very well maintained which gives the impression of sloppiness.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Good hostel in a great location. Kitchen is good but you cant use it on certain evenings in the week due to pasta nights! Bathrooms were ok, but showers became blocked after one person using them meaning bathrooms flooded very quickly!

Loved it here! too bad we could only stay for 2 nights because it was fullybooked... we had a private room with bathtub! really enjoyed it :-)

Francis was very friendly. I got there at 11pm (23:00) and was leaving at 6am (06:00) before breakfast was served. Francis said that he would make sure he was up and I would get something to eat since I had paid money. He even offered me some of his dinner that night. Great guy. Great atmosphere. Great hostel.

Very good hostel!

We had a great time at ciak! Great location - 10 minute walk from the colloseum, 2 minute walk to train station and the best gelato and supermarket are right round the corner! They even made our beds everyday and we had free pasta on the Tuesday night! Not a party hostel which suited us as there's so much to do in the day!

Our room probably had a water damage, it was always damp. It does not take 10min to walk from the train station or the colosseum(as it's said on their web site), more like 25 minutes. We booked the room partly because of the free pasta dinners that were mentioned on their web site to be on friday and saturday, but when we got there we learned that they had changed it to tuesday and thursday. There were a lot of disturbing noise from the street during night time. Poor cleaning.

I didn't have a bad stay but it was verry average. Not a great set up, hard to find, dirty location. Really UNCOMFORTABLE beds

Fine as long as you don't plan on sleeping. The rooms are so hot that you have to leave the windows open and as it's right next to a very busy road there are traffic noises all night long. Excellent location being just 15 mins walk from the Colleseum. No lockers and not everyone locks the door to the room. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

The staff do their best to us :) Very receptive!

From my month of travelling, this was my favourite hostel! They have a free pasta party on a Tuesday and a Thursday evening and I would definitely recommend signing up for it if you stay - it's a brilliant way of meeting the other people at the hostel (and as it is only quite a small hostel you get a great community feel once you get to know some of the people there)! The staff are all really friendly and accommodating and if I ever come back to Rome this will be my first choice!! Thanks :)

We booked for three nights but left after the first. One of us got bug bites all over their body while sleeping in the room. Rooms were small and was like you were on top of each other. No lockers or much room for your bags in the room. Also if you looking for quiet it's not the place as you're allowed to make noise until 1am. No air con either

Air condition was broken, the stuff wasn't very helpful. The location seem to be a little schechy. Very noisy at night!

Terrible. 2 rooms, 2 bad experiences. Overpriced for the level of hostel.

The rooms were kept tidy for us, the roof terrace with its cooking and seating area was brilliant, and we appreciated the tea, coffee and biscuits always left out. It's just a shame the wifi didn't work at all, except at floor level in one corner of my room. Overall though, I would give the Ciak hostel 10/10 and highly recommend it.

This hostel is very nice. It is a smaller hostel, so the staff takes very good care of you: cleans everyday, makes your bed, etc. The location is a 10-15 min walk to the coliseum, and has a metro line a block a way if you prefer that. It is about a 15 minute walk from Termini. The 24 hour reception is very helpful and nice, and it's very much worth the money. The breakfast is simple, bread cereals and fruit, but works. Highly recommended to anyone staying in Rome!

There is only a small sitting area, so there is no place for people in the hostel to hang out, which made it hard to meet people. The breakfast was ok, toast, cereal, pastry, coffee. The worst thing was that our bathroom had no window so it was always damp and mildew smelling. Hostel is close to metro stop, but nothing is really on the immediate street of the hostel (cafe, bar, etc) so you have to walk a few blocks for that. They have lockers in the room, but were out of locks so bring one.

I've stayed in a 6 pers. dorm which was okay. Not much to complain. Later we returned to the hostel after our flight was cancelled and they offered us their secret garden room which was the only room free that night. This was the most perfect spot you can wish for. No reception, own key to the building and a private garden with lounge seats all for the price of a dorm room.

• 30th May 2014

Nice staff and good location (you can actually walk to most attractions, except Vatican)!

the hostel was not bad. All the facilities are working. We arrived at night, and they say its unsafe to walk from the station. But all in all, the hostel was quite decent.

« first « Prev 1 2 3