Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

The staff is amazing, really helpful and nice. There was a trouble with our card and they let us stay the night and pay only the morning after. The breakfast is simple, but abundant. The facilities are good, confortable and warm beds. The bathroom/shower could be improved. They have 3 computers that you can use. I'd go there again.

The location is really good , just walk 15 minutes to Colosseum . There are supermarket and ice cream shop close to hostel . Highly recommend to try that ice cream shop which with reasonable price and tasty .

Shower drain did not work very well.

I was not expecting to be placed in an entirely separate building from my friend, only a separate room. I didn't like that because I didn't feel safe walking to my building alone, so my friend had to accompany me every time. But the inside of the hostel was nice, clean, and friendly.

Free breakfast and pasta night was perfecto. Close to the metro stop so you can get to all the sights easily and only a mile from colloseum which was so nice. Stay in a 4 person room but it was a block away but the breakfast was much better there, the bathroom was detached but big and I slept well. Had to stay in a 6 person mix the last night and beds were loud but cute decor. Could hear everything outside and breakfast was basically toast but not bed. Free pasta Tuesday

I was very surprised because the place looks amazing! Love the room that I was staying and it even has a small fridge and also hairdryer. I was very comfortable in the room and I slept like a baby. Very great!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

everything was excellent, location perfect not far from the old city and train station( about 30 minutes on foot) ,, room was cleaned every day, people were friendly and tasty coffee every morning

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Poland

Easy place with a decent location (15 min walk to the colosseum and 20 to termini train station). But the shower pressure was like bullets though!

• 30th Mar 2015

I stayed 3 nights in this hostel last March. It was a pleasant stay. other guest were just really nice and I made good friends with an American and Mexian girl. The beds are clean, they provided me with new sheet and clean blanket. They have complete kitchen facilities, means that you can almost cook everything. No oven anyway. One thing I did not really like about this hostel was that the common room is in the hallway to the rooms and a bit noisy at night.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

I lived in the second hotel block . Italian speaking personal was friendly. First of all Stefano. The pickpockets in Napels have stolen my phone, so in Rome I had some problems. Stefano was very helpful and did his best to try and solve my problem, which was , sure, beyond his normal duties. He did more than enough to help me.

The best hostel I've stayed in. It felt very clean, everyone was very nice, and I was so pleased with the breakfast and free pasta dinners on Tuesday and Thursday.

This place was above and beyond anything I could have asked for! My favorite hostel I have ever been to, and I know if I come back to Rome I will stay here again!

• 20th Mar 2015

had a pleasant stay in the female dorm. i'll come back again.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Nice hostel. :)

• 26th Feb 2015

We stayed in a doble room and were amazed by the room and it´s lovely atmosphere. Unfortunately the bathroom was smelly and we had mould on the walls. Parts of the rooms are in another bulding two blocks far away. The kitchen was clean but unfortunately very spar equipped.

We've stayed two nights in a six bed dorm. The room was ok, bud the bed must be improved (the upper bed). The bathroom wasn't clean enough (i think it happends rarely). The position is ok. You can reach the center in 20-30 minutes by foot or very fast by metro. The breakfast is average and the staff ok. There was a free pasta evening with delicious food and wine. We will come back there.

Staying in S.Garden(DeluxeDoubleBedPrivateEnsuite),we came late at night to check-in(Ciak hostel),a kind lady gave us a key and we went to Via Bixio to our private apartement-bedroom(double bed)&huge bathroom(bath,shower,WC,sink,liquid soap,bidet).Room includes towels,TV,fridge,hairdryer,kettle which doesn't fit to any plug,wardrobe,nonfunctional tresor.Free basic breakfast on the roof.Possible to cook in Ciak,internet in Ciak,wifi in SG-poor.Cleaning-every day(9-11).Free pasta tue&thu in Ciak.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Czech Republic

We were very disappointed with the hostel. No wifi in one of the rooms at all, dark and damp, the rooms were very very cramped which was very awkward if you didnt know the other people in the room and the staff were disinterested to say the least. No help or advice offered and no acknowledgement when we were leaving.

• 6th Feb 2015

in a room for six people there were only 4 lockers. It wasn't a problem for us because we knew everyone in the room but just suggestion!

• 6th Feb 2015

English: Good Price, Good position, good staff… BUT If you like me want to use the kitchen to cook and want to wake up early and do breakfast, definitively don't go in Via Bixio (Ciack have 2 different buildings, Via Manzoni is only for dormitory, double or single stay ONLY in via Bixio), because in Via Bixio: - The kitchen stay in outdoor penthouse so in the night there is so cold; - Breakfast start so late; But if you don't care about is……i recommend it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3