Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

My stay at Ciak was very typical of any hostel except for a few exceptions. The location was good as it was a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum, however, the neighborhood was scary to walk around in. I would not suggest women traveling alone to choose this hostel. The staff was helpful but at times rude to guests making snide comments at guests and not being accommodating to certain needs. This hostel is very clean though and breakfast is included!

• 19th Apr 2014

Loved having breakfast and pasta. Could have had more locker space.

Good location, very close to rome major attraction. But the only bad think is the old reception lady is very noisy but other stuff were nice.

• 15th Apr 2014

Loved the staff here! Made us feel right at home, and were so very helpful! Nice neighbor hood and an easy walk to colosseum. Roommates were wonderful, all in all a great trip! Only complaints...the shower drain didn't drain well, and wi-fi didn't work in the actual rooms. But I'd be back!

One of the staff members here was really rude, when we walked in she didn't even smile and acted like it was a hassle every time we asked something. Horrible woman. On the other hand the other staff were lovely! Dawn especially was really kind and chatty, so Thankyou to her! It's just a shame about the other woman. Hostel is clean, kitchen good, not a far walk from the station, or the colosseum. Oh and Breakfast in the morning wasn't bad either.

For me it was very nice.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Romania

We stayed at Secret Garden, and it definitely worth the price. The staff was welcoming, the location is great. The heating was ok, and we had hot water. The breakfast is ok, only a little snack, coffe and juice, but it's a good start for a day, and the roof terrace is very nice. The kitchen utensils are a bit worn out, and our room was at the basement, so it was a bit noisy and dark . But we got what we payed for, we would stay here again.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I would not advice to stay if u pretend stay more than one night. toillet is small, breakfeast is minimal, place is difficult to find.

My stay at Ciak Hostel (Secret Garden precisely) was great. I enjoyed very welcoming and helpful staff, then my clean, big room with everything I needed and also breakfasts where I could eat some snack in the morning.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • Poland

Marvellous staff service throughout the days we were in Ciak Hostel. We were directed to another building 2 blocks away called The Secret Garden with a open terrace on the top. The terrace has its cons and pros. Pros: Nice place to hang out, kitchen tools provided for cooking. Cons: The kitchen utensils and cutlery are kind of dirty and old. The worst is the coffee machine-it is so heavily stained that you might not know whether it is coffee or not. Breakfast provided was so-so.

Nice and clean hostel, good location, very kind and friendly staff. Good price for the big and nice room, included a rich breakfast and glass of wine on w.e.

Our staying was great!!! The location was fantastic; so close to the center and out of it at the same time. The money we have pay were very satisfied for the facilities we were given. The staff was very helpful (before and during our staying). The only thing we did not like was breakfast because the guests have to clean their plates and glasses (which was ok with us) but some of them they just put them under the water and leave them dirty. We will recommend the place to all our friends!!!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Greece

Hostel is the size of a big apartment.Cleaning staff left the windows open all day in winter, 3ºC outside!!! Staff: The Brittish lady was particularly nasty to some guests (nice to British, Australians and so on, but dirty looks and nasty, patronising remarks to Spanish, Argentinians and others, for no reason at all, they were completely quiet, respectful and clean guests). She knew no Italian at all after years living in Italy. That I consider disrespectful towards the country you're living in.

nice place, really closed to the city center. The staff is very helpful!! ;) . Small but fully equipped kitchen. Free wifi and free use of computer. All the things written on the website are true. Good value for money in Rome!

• 19th Jan 2014

very good location and a hospitable staff. The staff helped me with everything i need to know about the city. love to comeback here. :)

• 19th Jan 2014

Great Hostel! Good location, near a metro station, breakfast included.

• 19th Jan 2014

It's nothing special, but if you're looking for a good and cheap place it's ok.

my bed was breaking and mad noise everytime I moved which made me a bit nervous about sleeping because I was the top bunk

I had a nice stay here at ciak hostel, nice location and very helpful staff. Easy access to the city attractions and added to that is I only stayed for 1 night and I got a free pasta! :) The only thing I want for this hostel to improve is the cleanliness and everything will be perfect! Will definitely comeback and recommend this hostel.

We booked for Ciak but were actually put in The Secret Garden down the road. Also very strict about not staying after checkout time. Good location though, walked everywhere and didn't use public transport the whole time.