Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Enjoyed my one night stay in this little hostel. Not the most incredibly welcoming vibe, but it was basic and good. Breakfast was average (bread and jam and butter), and the kitchen was pretty accessible. Didn't really have a chance to meet and connect with other travelers, but maybe it's the time of year. I'm a solo female traveler and it didn't occur to me for a second to feel unsafe. Overall a good, basic, relatively clean hostel.

Location is very far from center. It wasn't very clean. I will never stay if i'll go back to Rome.

Enjoyed our 2 nights at Ciak hostel. Very clean, good kitchen and wifi, and very close to termini station. Staff was friendly, and the pasta dinner was great!

The staff was very friendly! They gave us great suggestions on what to do and where to eat. Also, the location was phenomenal! It was only about a 15-minute walk to the Coloseum and the train station, and only a 2-3 minute walk to a metro station. I would absolutely stay here again!

We stayed in the Secret Garden part of the hostel, room 6 was wonderful and had a large bath with Jacuzzi shoots! Staff very helpful and able to leave bags with them after check in to visit the Vatican.

I lived in the second building and not the actual location of the hostel 1) Security and Location - It is walkable distance from the tram and metro station 2) The staff were good and spoke decent English and helped me with the maps, places to go etc. 3) The AC dpesn't work unless at night, and cannot be controlled by people in the room, it is pre-set to 24degrees, but stopped working in the middle of the night 4) breakfast isnt great and Wifi signal is very weak

• 31st Oct 2015
  • India

The secret garden hostel was beautiful, with a private balcony and a roof terrace. Initially I worried that it would be inconvenient to be located in a separate building from the reception, but it wasn't an issue at all as there was a kitchen and breakfast service within the secret garden building. Mini fridge in the room, too. Wi-Fi was very poor in the room, but worked well on the terrace. There weren't many guests and I was happy to get a whole dorm to myself!

Small and dim but clean room; a little noisy at night due to proximity to main road. The main hostel was better equipped than the one we were placed in, with only a fridge and microwave in the "kitchen"/roof terrace and no communal space at all. The Manzoni area is great for sightseeing as its very central, however, where we were placed felt rather unsafe coming home late at night.

I found this Hostel so nice! I've stay 5 days. Nothing to complain.Near to the termini, the wifi works very well, good breakfast and good beds!!

Definitely recommend staying here. Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent rooms that are cleaned and great location, about 10 minutes by foot from Colosseum. We got room in secret garden and we very impressed by the quality and atmosphere. Would definitely return here.

By far the best 3-bedroom I've stayed in! Lots of space, bed freshly made every day and everything was tidy. The staff is super nice and kind. It's 2 min away from the metro and 15 min walk from the Colisseum. The only down point I could find was the bath tub that easily overflows, but it's easy to deal with. Amazing value for money!

The hostel is quaint & about 20-30 minutes walking from many attractions (but just 10 minutes from Termini station). The staff is pleasant and hosts a free pasta dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The rooms are cleaned every day. The only issue I had was the bugs that come in because the windows are left open all day and night. I found a roach in my shoe and my sister found one in her bed. There were small spiders on the walls and we both woke up with bug bites.

no comments

I really enjoyed my stay at Ciak hostel

We actually stayed at a secondary building, named "The Secret Garden", a couple of streets away from Ciak Hostel. Both buildings are very close to a subway (underground) station, and you can also take buses and trams near there. The room was beautiful, and the terrace where the breakfast was served was very cute as well. The cleaning lady was there every day in the morning, so everything was in order.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Chile

The staff are really nice :-) but ...Wifi signal was poor in the room and the free espresso thing...again they didn't have! (We'd stayed before in the deluxe room and that didn't have as well!)

Our room didn't look like the photos at all. The rooms are separated from the building, if you book a private room. Tricky to find at first. Staff was very nice and helpful though !

Booked Ciak, wound up at the Secret Garden. room was nice and quaint. absolutely no security/reception and the area is not exactly 'neighborhood' type. Breakfast was good. no common area. Staff over at Ciak were helpful. recommend if traveling with company

The hostel has a convenient location and is very clean. They have free pasta nights on Tuesday and Thursday , which apart from getting free dinner , is a great way of meeting new people.

The staff was really nice, breakfast was good and everything was clean. In some dorms there were military style bunk-beds and the lockers didn't work perfectly... but I guess you have to live with these small downsides when you get a bed in the center of Rome for this price. :-)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5