Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Breakfast was okay, nothing special. The location was good since it was not far away from the Colosseum (15-20 min walk). The terrace common area was nice and quiet, I had a chance to meet a few people there and we chatted for like couple of hours. The only bathroom at the hostel building was horrendously old and the showers did not feel comfortable at all. The Asian girl at the reception tried to be helpful but I didn't understand most of what she said. She spoke way too fast. Overall, average.

A very okay place, not the worst place you could stay at but is definitely not a great place to stay at either. Very little common areas so you are confined to your dorm, where the air conditioning was non existent so its very uncomfortable to sleep. But the staff here are very helpful and friendly and the location is quite nice, less than 5 mins to the metro, bus or tram and the colosseum is only a 10 min walk away.

Good location and atmosphere p.s. bur small stove, only 2 ring stove instead 4

thumbs up. :) -Ciak HOstel Staff

Nice shared co-ed dorms with their own bathrooms which was nice. Very friendly staff and the location was good. Just a 15 minute walk to the Colosseum and other tourist attractions.

• 25th Jul 2015

Great Hostel with a good value for money - Free breakfast and pasta for dinner. The staff was very helpful. The location is good and just 5min walk away from the metro station and about 20min from the main train station Termini. WIfi however doesnt seem to work properly in all rooms.

We stayed only 1 night at Ciak Hostel in the Secret Garden rooms which really wasn't enough time to take advantage of the beautiful room. The room had an outside seating area which was really sweet and the breakfast was served up stairs on the balcony which was decorated like a secret garden. The 'secret garden' name suits really well to these rooms because it feels like you are away in a little secret garden.

This hostel was excellent. The only issue I had staying there was that some of the other guest were extremely rude, but the staff did what they could to make up for it, and to make things right.

This place is small, cheap and run down. Some of the staff are pretty unfriendly. It is in a rough area, in the directions they even advise not walking there at night. Very far from major attractions other than the colluseum. Staff sent me to a rough area reccomending resteraunts but I turned back because I felt very unsafe. Rooms are small with no lockers. Breakfast is bad. Barely any air conditioning at all. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms usually.

The hostel itself wasn't bed but i was very disapointed with the staff specially one asian receptionist, she was mean and not helpful at all. It seems she not in intrested in working with people. Also the breakfast was poor, especially the old bread.

We were not told we were staying in another building a few blocks away from the hostel and not in the hostel itself. In this other building, there's no staff and if you need any assistance, there is nobody to talk to. The wifi never worked. The neigborhood is dark and we did not feel safe there. The receptionist was pretty rude. When I asked him about the safety, he made jokes because of the fact we are from Brazil. The experience was terrible and I would never recommend the hostel to someone!

• 15th Jul 2015

I would stay here again because of 1) good location ,2) breakfasts, 3) cheap price, 4) clean beautiful rooms

The best part was the staff and location. The staff were all wonderful and the hostel was located walking distance from the colosseum. My only complaint was that the bathroom was cramped and dirty. However, I do recommend!

Pros: Each room has bathrooms, lockers and AC, and it's only 15 minute walk from both the Colosseum and the train station. Free pasta dinner on Tuesday and Thursday and a selection of books, guides, and movies. No lockout, and they give you a free map with lots of suggestions/directions to sites from the hostel. Very close to a grocery store. Cons: Spotty wireless, ok mattresses, a decent amount of stairs to reach the door.

Ciao Ciak Hostel!:) Had a lovely stay! All 5 of you that I met were very kind and helpful, and I am really admiring how you managed to turn that apartment into an awesome hostel. I have almost no bad remarks, the only thing is if you could improve the ventilation system in bathroom somehow, because of the steam, and if you could from time to time check the outdated food in the fridge... Also, perhaps you can get lockers with keys to improve security. Oh, and better keyboards!!! :D But u r great!

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Serbia

I really enjoyed my stay at Ciak hostel! Why?: - staff was very friendly and helpful / provided you with maps of rome / reception open 24/7 - hostel was decorated in a cute way / nice atmosphear - location was perfect, very central, tram very close, supermarket + not too expensive cafes nearby - best thing of all: rooms have AIRCONDITIONING!! Rome is freaking hot in the summer -breakfast for a hostel pretty good: variety of drinks and food

• 11th Jul 2015

Was nice hostel, I really liked my stay. But I didn't like that every person doesn't have his own locker to lock some staff. It would be really useful in hostel! Breakfast was good. Staff is really friendly!

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Even the staff says that the area of the hostel is very dangerous. It's difficult to get to from train station and the place was VERY tiny and gross. Lots of beds packed into a tiny room. Horrible to no wifi. Was only convenient to Colosseum and that was it. Spend money else where!

We were allocated a room in the secret garden part of the hostel. It was a double private room with a TV, amazingly decorated. Pretty good location and breakfast was nice. The main hostel facilities were also at our disposal and very great

Unfortunately the air con was not working in my room. I also was given a different room to what I had booked, but it worked out fine. Some of the staff seemed nice but the woman who seemed to be in charge was extremely unfriendly and at times quite rude. It was not just to me, I had gone with a friend to check in (while I stayed a different hostel) a few days earlier and she was extremely rude to him. It's a real shame because ciak could be a great hostel but because of this I wouldn't return.

Muy buen hostel. Merece la pena el precio. Está perfectamente situado. El ambiente joven muy guay. El desayuno muy decente. Por poner alguna pega, las camas son un poco incomodas pues se notan todos los muelles. En cuanto a la seguridad, me faltó un locker mas grande. Muy recomendable.