Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

This hostel was kindda sad. Is a tiny hostel and the atmosphere is totally weird. The location at night it terrible, i mean the neighborhood feels insecure. Anyway, just for one night is okay, I wouldn't stay more. The lady at the reception at night is nice :)

Very helpful staff, nice rooms, small kitchen/ dining space, small lockers in the rooms, no walking tour offers, no common room, good wifi. Location isn't great, but is a 5 min walk from a metro station and a grocery store. Nice experience!

Location is excellent, just few minutes to the Colosseo. I stayed only for 1 night, but it's worth it. Not that expensive. Roma on December is great, low season, low prices, perfect weather, it's not raining. :)))

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Argentina

Nice hostel with good location and cozy ambiance.

• 30th Nov 2015
  • China

Thank you for the feedback. Till next time again. :) Ciak Hostel Staff

Ciak is a good value. It is near 2 metro stops and an easy walk to the Ancient Rome area. It is clean and bright. The free pasta was nice. The hostel is basic though. The kitchen is very small, but well equipped. Breakfast is nice, but not that filling. The staff is very helpful. Not much common space, so not much atmosphere, but all the basics you need: WiFi, kitchen, clean bathroom, fresh bed, maps, easy walking.

Receptionists were very kind and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean. We got a twin room with a private bath. It's true that breakfast is included, but breakfast is basically some bread, cereal, and coffee. Some of the reviews wrote that the area felt unsafe. It's a city, so yes some streets aren't always clean or nice looking, but this location didn't feel especially dangerous. There were big roads close to it.

Really a thumbs up! :))) Thank you for the good and constructive comment. Ciak Hostel Staff

This hostel was not as expected... there wasn't heat, breakfast was awful, it was very cold and humid... and the personal was not cool just the young girl that helped us a lot... the only thing was the kitchen

Very nice location - close to the sightseeing area and 1 minute from a metro station. The staff was great, very helpful and informative. They also offered us free dinner - every Tuesday and Thursday. Nice pasta, thanks! :) You can find free map of the center and other stuff needed like hair dryer or iron for example.

Enjoyed my one night stay in this little hostel. Not the most incredibly welcoming vibe, but it was basic and good. Breakfast was average (bread and jam and butter), and the kitchen was pretty accessible. Didn't really have a chance to meet and connect with other travelers, but maybe it's the time of year. I'm a solo female traveler and it didn't occur to me for a second to feel unsafe. Overall a good, basic, relatively clean hostel.

Thank you for the feedback. :) Ciak Hostel Staff

Location is very far from center. It wasn't very clean. I will never stay if i'll go back to Rome.

Hey, thank you for the feedback. The location is on the map, if you didn't want it "far away" from the center, and if we are talking about the city center of Roma, our hostel is in the "center" of Roma, in fact, we are only 15 minutes walk from the Colosseo, and we offer one of the best prices of the city center. We are 3 minutes walk from the main line of the Metro, which we have only 2 lines here in Rome. For the cleaning, we're sorry about it, we can do better next time. Thanks again.

Enjoyed our 2 nights at Ciak hostel. Very clean, good kitchen and wifi, and very close to termini station. Staff was friendly, and the pasta dinner was great!

Thumbs up! Thank you for the comment. Ciak Hostel Staff

The staff was very friendly! They gave us great suggestions on what to do and where to eat. Also, the location was phenomenal! It was only about a 15-minute walk to the Coloseum and the train station, and only a 2-3 minute walk to a metro station. I would absolutely stay here again!

Thumbs up! Thank you so much for the feedback. See you next time then. Salamat. Ciak Hostel Staff

We stayed in the Secret Garden part of the hostel, room 6 was wonderful and had a large bath with Jacuzzi shoots! Staff very helpful and able to leave bags with them after check in to visit the Vatican.

Thank youuuuu for the feedback. :) Ciak Hostel Staff

I lived in the second building and not the actual location of the hostel 1) Security and Location - It is walkable distance from the tram and metro station 2) The staff were good and spoke decent English and helped me with the maps, places to go etc. 3) The AC dpesn't work unless at night, and cannot be controlled by people in the room, it is pre-set to 24degrees, but stopped working in the middle of the night 4) breakfast isnt great and Wifi signal is very weak

• 31st Oct 2015
  • India

Thank you for the feed back. :) Ciak Hostel Staff

The secret garden hostel was beautiful, with a private balcony and a roof terrace. Initially I worried that it would be inconvenient to be located in a separate building from the reception, but it wasn't an issue at all as there was a kitchen and breakfast service within the secret garden building. Mini fridge in the room, too. Wi-Fi was very poor in the room, but worked well on the terrace. There weren't many guests and I was happy to get a whole dorm to myself!

Thumbs up. We're glad you had a pleasant stay at the Secret Garden building. :) Ciak Hostel Staff

Small and dim but clean room; a little noisy at night due to proximity to main road. The main hostel was better equipped than the one we were placed in, with only a fridge and microwave in the "kitchen"/roof terrace and no communal space at all. The Manzoni area is great for sightseeing as its very central, however, where we were placed felt rather unsafe coming home late at night.

Thank you for the feedback. Ciak Hostel Staff

I found this Hostel so nice! I've stay 5 days. Nothing to complain.Near to the termini, the wifi works very well, good breakfast and good beds!!

Thank you for the feedback. Ciak Hostel Staff

Definitely recommend staying here. Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent rooms that are cleaned and great location, about 10 minutes by foot from Colosseum. We got room in secret garden and we very impressed by the quality and atmosphere. Would definitely return here.

By far the best 3-bedroom I've stayed in! Lots of space, bed freshly made every day and everything was tidy. The staff is super nice and kind. It's 2 min away from the metro and 15 min walk from the Colisseum. The only down point I could find was the bath tub that easily overflows, but it's easy to deal with. Amazing value for money!

The hostel is quaint & about 20-30 minutes walking from many attractions (but just 10 minutes from Termini station). The staff is pleasant and hosts a free pasta dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The rooms are cleaned every day. The only issue I had was the bugs that come in because the windows are left open all day and night. I found a roach in my shoe and my sister found one in her bed. There were small spiders on the walls and we both woke up with bug bites.

Thank for your feedback. Ciak Hostel Staff