Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Terrible. 2 rooms, 2 bad experiences. Overpriced for the level of hostel.

The rooms were kept tidy for us, the roof terrace with its cooking and seating area was brilliant, and we appreciated the tea, coffee and biscuits always left out. It's just a shame the wifi didn't work at all, except at floor level in one corner of my room. Overall though, I would give the Ciak hostel 10/10 and highly recommend it.

This hostel is very nice. It is a smaller hostel, so the staff takes very good care of you: cleans everyday, makes your bed, etc. The location is a 10-15 min walk to the coliseum, and has a metro line a block a way if you prefer that. It is about a 15 minute walk from Termini. The 24 hour reception is very helpful and nice, and it's very much worth the money. The breakfast is simple, bread cereals and fruit, but works. Highly recommended to anyone staying in Rome!

There is only a small sitting area, so there is no place for people in the hostel to hang out, which made it hard to meet people. The breakfast was ok, toast, cereal, pastry, coffee. The worst thing was that our bathroom had no window so it was always damp and mildew smelling. Hostel is close to metro stop, but nothing is really on the immediate street of the hostel (cafe, bar, etc) so you have to walk a few blocks for that. They have lockers in the room, but were out of locks so bring one.

I've stayed in a 6 pers. dorm which was okay. Not much to complain. Later we returned to the hostel after our flight was cancelled and they offered us their secret garden room which was the only room free that night. This was the most perfect spot you can wish for. No reception, own key to the building and a private garden with lounge seats all for the price of a dorm room.

• 30th May 2014

Nice staff and good location (you can actually walk to most attractions, except Vatican)!

the hostel was not bad. All the facilities are working. We arrived at night, and they say its unsafe to walk from the station. But all in all, the hostel was quite decent.

My stay here was great. Nothing negative to say what so ever. Only 10 mins or so from Termini, only another 10 or so from the colloseum!

very cheap. location in quite insecure neighboorhood of Termini at night. some difficulties to communicate in English with one person at reception once. Good point with kitchen and supermarket in the street, so you can cook easily you own food. Breakfast was poor.

Overall it was ok but wouldn't get the award for top hostel. We booked a 4bedroom with bathroom. The bathroom turned out to be on another floor of the building and it was very old. The door didn't lock, the toilet didn't flush properly and we were unable to put toilet paper down it and had to put it in an open bin on the floor.

Front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. Cannot recall her name, but was an English woman. She was honestly the friendliest staff member we encountered in our entire time in Italy and was extremely helpful.

I like so much, is a good hostel and the people are very friendly

No complains, excelent!!

Quick walk to the colleseum and not far from there to everything else. Breakfast is yum and staff are nice. Free pasta nights are delicious and are a great way to Meet the others staying there

The hostel is very small and very clean, And everytime someone took a shower, the water flowed into the room. Free pasta was good.

Location wasn't bad but not perfect- they advise not to walk from the train station (15 min) at night which tells you about the neighborhood, but all attractions are within 30 min walking. Small kitchen for use + breakfast of toast/cereal. They didn't have free pasta our night but we heard it's great. Very secure door (can only be buzzed in)- take note of the two flights of stairs! Could use bigger + more lockers. Staff was helpful in recommending sightseeing routes + restaurants.

Location has much to be desired if you're looking for a night life. However, the workers are the best I've met!

Very funny to drink with others.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Japan

I stayed at the Secret Garden, one of their separate buildings associated with the Ciak, it was gorgeous with free breakfast, nice area and right near a supermarket. The people I met there were all very kind and there were convenient lockers right in the room,you just needed to have your own lock. I heard from others though that they hated staying at the actual Ciak, but seeing as I didn't stay there I can't say specifically why since I didn't stay there.

Very gentle and friendly staff the only drawback that there is only a en suite toilet and not a communal one