Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. Cannot recall her name, but was an English woman. She was honestly the friendliest staff member we encountered in our entire time in Italy and was extremely helpful.

I like so much, is a good hostel and the people are very friendly

No complains, excelent!!

Quick walk to the colleseum and not far from there to everything else. Breakfast is yum and staff are nice. Free pasta nights are delicious and are a great way to Meet the others staying there

The hostel is very small and very clean, And everytime someone took a shower, the water flowed into the room. Free pasta was good.

Location wasn't bad but not perfect- they advise not to walk from the train station (15 min) at night which tells you about the neighborhood, but all attractions are within 30 min walking. Small kitchen for use + breakfast of toast/cereal. They didn't have free pasta our night but we heard it's great. Very secure door (can only be buzzed in)- take note of the two flights of stairs! Could use bigger + more lockers. Staff was helpful in recommending sightseeing routes + restaurants.

Location has much to be desired if you're looking for a night life. However, the workers are the best I've met!

Very funny to drink with others.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Japan

I stayed at the Secret Garden, one of their separate buildings associated with the Ciak, it was gorgeous with free breakfast, nice area and right near a supermarket. The people I met there were all very kind and there were convenient lockers right in the room,you just needed to have your own lock. I heard from others though that they hated staying at the actual Ciak, but seeing as I didn't stay there I can't say specifically why since I didn't stay there.

Very gentle and friendly staff the only drawback that there is only a en suite toilet and not a communal one

If you are going to see the Colosseum this is definitely the place to stay! It isn't near anything really, but the colosseum and forum area are so easy to get to. The staff were all extremely friendly, and beyond helpful. They gave me a map and told me places to go that most tourists don't get to see. The hostel also has a free pasta dinner some nights. The beds were comfy, however the bathroom was pretty gross. The breakfast was also better than what I've seen at other hostels.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The rooms are not clean, the bathroom is always wet and the cleaning is very poor. The rooms are way to small. The breakfast is rudimentary.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Congo

lovely hostel , fairly modern , a bit far from the city centre.

My stay at Ciak was very typical of any hostel except for a few exceptions. The location was good as it was a 10 minute walk to the Colosseum, however, the neighborhood was scary to walk around in. I would not suggest women traveling alone to choose this hostel. The staff was helpful but at times rude to guests making snide comments at guests and not being accommodating to certain needs. This hostel is very clean though and breakfast is included!

A very small and cozy hostel within easy distance of the metro, train station, and colosseum. The staff were friendly and easy to talk to. The breakfast was also quite good.

The hostel is very close to a metro station (though Rome only have 2 lines, these 2 lines cover basically all the important touristic points), and after a 15 min walk you are at the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatino. The Staff is great, very helpful, the rooms are big, and the whole hostel is very clean. Also, there is a kitchen available, and computers to use for free. Ah, the hostel is about 10 min from the train station.

Loved having breakfast and pasta. Could have had more locker space.

Good location, very close to rome major attraction. But the only bad think is the old reception lady is very noisy but other stuff were nice.

Loved the staff here! Made us feel right at home, and were so very helpful! Nice neighbor hood and an easy walk to colosseum. Roommates were wonderful, all in all a great trip! Only complaints...the shower drain didn't drain well, and wi-fi didn't work in the actual rooms. But I'd be back!

One of the staff members here was really rude, when we walked in she didn't even smile and acted like it was a hassle every time we asked something. Horrible woman. On the other hand the other staff were lovely! Dawn especially was really kind and chatty, so Thankyou to her! It's just a shame about the other woman. Hostel is clean, kitchen good, not a far walk from the station, or the colosseum. Oh and Breakfast in the morning wasn't bad either.