Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Very cozy hostel.

Don't think that they were really friendly.

Rude staff. Security is very disappointing, they change your bed without notice. Too expensive for what they offer.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Colombia

It was good.

The location and staff are excellent, the breakfast is good, bedrooms were clean and shower was hot and with reasonably good pressure.

Free dinner was great, no wifi in rooms, shower was cold, had no atmosphere or any common areas to chill out comfortably. If you want to chill out for a couple of days then this is fine, but it's not a party hostel

Room I stayed in was very poor. Only one restroom for a group of 6. By the time it was my turn to shower, the hot water did not work- it was ice cold. Had to have a room mate call the receptionist to come and check it out. Can't believe there weren't any additional facilities outside the room. The first receptionist was friendly and helpful but second one in encountered couldn't care less about what we were doing in lobby which is why security is bad. However there's free breakfast and wifi

near a metro station, not very far from termini station.

An ok hostel no atmosphere to speak of but the room was clean and well located near metro

We stayed at the Secret Garden. Nice location, no too far from the center of Rome but far enough to experience Italian life without tourists. Very tasty ice- cream near by. Nice and helpful cleaning lady, not so nice and attentive desk ladies. Was interesting to try an Italian breakfast as a part of cultural experience, might be shock for a tourists used to big hearty breakfast, worth trying though :-)

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Poland

The toilet is a bit too small. Nice staff :)

I only stayed one night and have no real complaints. I got lost getting to the hostel, but found it in the end. The one thing I really didn't like is that you cannot pay with a credit card unless it is over €35, very inconvenient.

A nice and friendly place, I would check in again.

This was the best hostel, i've ever been! It was wonderful, really close to the city center, great value for money. I recommend everyone! :-)

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

I was staying in the secret garden, not at the ciak hostel itself, which is located about 3-5 mins walking distance from the ciak hostel. The hostel room has a private bathroom, which is nice.

Really enjoyed my stay here, wished it was longer!! Good hostel vibe and really close to metro straight into the city, or a 15 minute walk to the coliseum! We were lucky to book a private room for 2 and get a room of four to ourselves, so lots of extra room. Also very easy to get to termini station. Great stay!

The Hostel is really good, the only problem that i had was the bathroom. I couldn't use the toilet at my room because it was leaking. other than that, my stay was really good. They helped me with maps, directions. They gave me a bunch of hints. I really recommend it

we had a dubble private room in other building + free wifi but slow + location + price - breakfast, it was nothing, waste my time to take breakfast - room looks cheap, old

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This is a nice, small, quite hostel that was relatively cheap for Rome. The hostel is a 20 minute walk from the Colosseum and a 15 minute walk from the train station. There is a metro line right near the hostel if you do not want to walk to the city center. Rooms were clean and comfortable. WiFi was okay. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is provided. It's a pretty basic breakfast but it's a free breakfast. Grocery store one block away. Would definitely stay again.