Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The shower flooded the first night. The reception girls solved the problem but the humidity smell lasted for all the 3 days.

Location is good. Staffs are really poor. They aren't really helpful, and also not friendly. Also, sometimes they were making out at the kitchen table. There is also the lady, I am not sure the owner or manager or something, I asked about the taxi, and something that maybe left at the room, the answer always "no idea". Also, when I asked about the transportation to the airport, they didn't give the correct information. But, plus side, they have free pasta or wine sometimes!

The rooms are too small for having so many beds inside, there is no place to put my luggage and there are not enough toilets and showers. Is located in a dangerous neighborhood and is not cheap. The elevator does not even work and it is in a second floor. They said they will run to help un the entrance to carry the luggage but they didn't. Also, the wifi is slow.

With lockers. Location is near one train station and subway station, but not very near to main attractions. Staff are hospitable, and they offered free dinners in those days, maybe because of Christmas. But lobby is just next to rooms, some guests and staff kept singing or chatting loudly till midnight or even later, which was really annoying. Facilties and cleanliness are simple but OK.

Really Nice, EXTRA they did a dinner Pasta for FREE ;)

I love my stay at Ciak Hostel. Nice atmosphere. Cozy place, like at home. Free breakfast and wifi. 15 minutes walk to the Colosseum. I would recommend this hostel.

• 16th Dec 2013

Located just down the road from a merto station and just 15min walk from the Colleseum. We enjoyed the free pasta nights. Very relaxed small hostel

Very good location, close to Termini station and Colosseo. The staff is friendly, but no one of them speak italian... The hostel is very clean, but the beds are a little bit uncomfortable. The breakfast s very good!

I stayed here for three nights in the summer and came back for one night. Atmosphere wasn't as good because obviously the summer crowd has gone and the 4 mixed bed dorm I stayed in had a bit of a mouldy bathroom but would still stay here again it's a great location and has free breakfast.

I booked this hostel solely based on the rating and reviews on HostelWorld. I was supremely disappointed. The hostel is in a terrible, shady area and is a 10-15 min walk from the bus or metro. I had to climb 4 sets of stairs to get to the hostel and while the staff where very accommodating and kind, it was not worth it. The breakfast is pitiful - toast and juice - but there is a kitchen and computers available. The mattresses are very thin and uncomfortable and the bathroom is so tiny.

A bit small. There aren't many options in Rome, I think in all the cities in Italy. The location is good and the Staff are nice. But I think it was a bit expensive. However, I recommend.

I really like the atmospere at Ciak, it's so welcoming and feels like at home. Staff is great, nice small kitchen full of utensils, 2mins walk to the supermarket, nice location 15mins walk to the Colosseo. I would really recommend this hostel.

I stayed at ciak hostel for one night and it was nice. The price is very reasonable plus the breakfast is FREE. The staff are nice and very helpful/informative. The hostel itself is very nice but needs a little bit more of cleaning. I would come back here.

I will recommend Ciak Hostel to my friends

Ciak hostel is really good value for Rome. The bedrooms were clean but the bathrooms were musty smelling and pretty average. The breakfast is a typical Italian breakfast. Good location as you can walk to the Collosuem and Railway station.

This hostel was definitely nicer than some of the hotels we stayed at on our Italy trip (hotels that were about three times the price of this place!) We stayed in the "Secret Garden" building and our room was adorable, with a huge bathroom with jacuzzi and a four-poster, canopy bed. The only negative was that it's not in the greatest part of town, but in Rome that just means there's a little more graffiti, at no point did I feel unsafe in the neighborhood even at 2:30 in the morning.

• 27th Oct 2013

The location was great - 10 mins from Roma Termini station and 15 mins from Coloseum. Room big, clean and with very big bathroom.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

Very cosy place situated in the heart of the city.

• 22nd Oct 2013