Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

It was an ok hostel. Pros: close to main train station (20 min walk) or 2 min walk from metro stop; breakfast included with kitchen; lockers; ensuite. Cons: not much atmosphere, no real common room, just table chairs used for breakfast in narrow hall/room; I had a very uncomfortable bed (for hostel standards); wifi didn't really work in room (although I was in furthest bed from reception so maybe others worked) Overall it's an ok hostel. It does the job. Nothing amazing but not awful.

We enjoyed our stay. The location is convenient. Walking distance to the Coliseum and right next to the metro to get everywhere else. They had a free pasta night which was fantastic and the breakfast was good too!

Importance !!!! I lose An iPad on the hostel , although I have responsibility , The safety of this hostel should be considered . You can just use the key to lock your room , if your roommate do not lock the door , all people can get in . Since there is not enough locker, you can imagine the safety !! Therefore, not enough sockets , only two for 6 peoples . The bed is uncomfortable and dirty , I got an itch on my back all night ! Some staff is nice and helpful , but the "manager " not

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

The bed number 5 of the female room was kinda broken. It wasnt confortable, but i changed for the other days i stood there. I dont know if they fixed it, but i think its not safe for both girls (it was a bunk and my bed was the top one).

on the plus side the Ciak was close to everything and the staff helpful. Unfortunately six of us shared a very small, cramped bathroom that had no ventilation at all, was mildewy and stank, and had such a small inadequate shower that the floor and toilet was wet all the time. room was hot and stuffy but couldn't open the only window (no screen) because of the mosquitos.

Ciak is located near the Colisseum, 10 minutes walking and you'll be there. There are also a subway station (Manzoni) nearby so it easy to go around Rome. The kitchen is small, but it's enough for all guests. I took a 6-people shared room with private bathroom and it was ok. The problems were the mosquitos and the warm temperatures in this period of the year in Rome.

Location was good and staff helpful. The shared bathroom was horrible. The lack of any ventilation caused it to be moldy and smelly. In addition, it was so small it was impossible to shower without getting the entire room wet. Would not stay here again only because of lack of adequate bathroom facilities.

Internet is bad in the secret garden and the location is a bit odd but close to the subway. The room itself was very clean and quite nice with a balcony.

Strongly recommend you to stay in Cyak hostel.. very small hostel but pretty good. Just be aware pf the city tax: plus 3.50 per person per night... quite high value but not their fault o believe. Great location and staff :)

Very nice place! Second time for me, last time I stayed alone in the main building, now in a double private. A little uncomfortable to go from one building to the other, as we had lots of luggage, but then the room was totally worth it. More like hotel the second building, not hostel, as there is no common place. Breakfast is good, croissants would be nice! I would definitely stay again and recommend it. Great location!!!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Hostel is in a good location in rome, close walking distance to a metro stop and right down the road from the colosseum. We had rooms in the secret garden which unfortunately had very poor wifi signal. Otherwise the rooms were clean and tidied everyday with good aircon. There is very little atmosphere in the hostel and no decent common area so don't expect to be able to party or meet people easily!

It's a nice place with friendly atmosphere, polite staff, in good area not far away from the city center and the train station. We enjoyed staying there.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Russia

I stayed in the Ciak Hostel for 2 nights while I was traveling to Rome. It's close to the Termini - main station -, about 25 minutes walking and also very close to the historical center. So it's a very good place if you want to be both close to station and historical center. If you like walking like me, you don't need to take any public transport in Rome. They offer a good breakfast there and it was very nice. I was traveling alone and could meet very nice people there while eating, super nice!

• 26th Aug 2014

I had a lovely stay here. The hostel itself and the staff made me want to go back there very soon. Lovely experience overall.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Staff is very kind and good at Korean

Had the best time in Rome and was so glad I chose ciak hostel as it was so close to everything and in walking distance was easy to find and very friendly. I will definitely recommend to friends And stay again next time

• 11th Aug 2014

Its really worth your money. The hostel is clean, the breakfast is great, and the theme of the hostel is nice. It a nice hostel to crash if you happen to be in Rome, plus its close to the Colisium and the train station, both are walkable distance.

We had a great stay at the Ciak!! Apart from getting into the hostel at 1am and then being transferred to the "Secret Garden" (which we didn't even know existed) so we only really checked in at 1.30am ... it was a great stay and almost faultless. The Secret Garden was the perfect location, Our room was great, air con was superb and the beds were super comfortable. We felt safe in our hostel and the breakfast was nice and the free pasta nights twice a week were delicious!!

• 28th Jul 2014

Bathrooms are not very well maintained which gives the impression of sloppiness.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Good hostel in a great location. Kitchen is good but you cant use it on certain evenings in the week due to pasta nights! Bathrooms were ok, but showers became blocked after one person using them meaning bathrooms flooded very quickly!