Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Great hostel, location is close to all the sights of Rome but in a quiet area. Really appreciate the fact that there are free pasta dinner nights and free breakfast.

• 30th Apr 2015

Stayed 2 nights in private room, which is located in the other building. Everything was fantastic, although shower was clogged. Location is perfect for arriving by train and wanting to walk to downtown Colleseum area. They also had free pasta dinner the night we came - thanks:) Overall, enjoyable experience for last minute booking.

This hostel was great value for money with an excellent location and nice dorms. My favourite things about it was the cleanliness and the location, within walking distance from the main attractions if you don't mind walking 20-30 minutes. The only downs for me were the wifi - which would not work in my room - and the lack of a plug where I could charge my phone near the top bunk. The breakfast some days was better than others, they take a while to replenish things.

• 28th Apr 2015

I had a great time at the Ciak Hostel. The beds were comfortable, the showers were hot, and the staff her helpful and friendly. The location was great; It was waking distance to the Colosseum and only a block away from a metro station. The only thing that could be improved was the breakfast. It was Corn Flakes and bread. Other than that the stay was great.

The wifi in the room at Secret Garden only worked when you stood by the door so that was annoying. It was also a little strange that check out was at 10am but the cleaner would come in a 9:15 so we felt rushed to get out when we had time. My booking was messed up so two days before we left we had to switch to a location 15 minutes away. though we had to wait and we lost our room for a couple hours, the staff explained everything well, paid for our taxi there and the new place was beautiful!

Really good hostel, excellent location! You can arrive there from Termini by walking in 10 minutes, and it's very close to the metro and coliseum. The staff were very kind and the place very clean. Wifi functioned excellently. And we had free pasta for dinner on Tuesday!!!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Nice spot in general. Super good spot for catching a train out of rome if you have an early flight or even exploring rome. Really close to the colosseum. I especially liked the storm shutters to help shut out the light and noise of the street. The extra computers were also an unexpected bonus. Very clean place, good security. A nice place to stay overall.

Very nice hostel, great staff, comfy beds, good location. Thanks Ciak

• 22nd Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the Ciak! The hostel was very accommodating with my early arrival, and the staff was really friendly. My only suggestion would be setting quiet hours. The walls were very thin, and as my room was right next to the lobby area, I could hear people talking loudly well into the night.

The staff is amazing, really helpful and nice. There was a trouble with our card and they let us stay the night and pay only the morning after. The breakfast is simple, but abundant. The facilities are good, confortable and warm beds. The bathroom/shower could be improved. They have 3 computers that you can use. I'd go there again.

The location is really good , just walk 15 minutes to Colosseum . There are supermarket and ice cream shop close to hostel . Highly recommend to try that ice cream shop which with reasonable price and tasty .

Shower drain did not work very well.

I was not expecting to be placed in an entirely separate building from my friend, only a separate room. I didn't like that because I didn't feel safe walking to my building alone, so my friend had to accompany me every time. But the inside of the hostel was nice, clean, and friendly.

Some of the reception who is the asian woman was so unfriendly....

nice hostel indeed

Free breakfast and pasta night was perfecto. Close to the metro stop so you can get to all the sights easily and only a mile from colloseum which was so nice. Stay in a 4 person room but it was a block away but the breakfast was much better there, the bathroom was detached but big and I slept well. Had to stay in a 6 person mix the last night and beds were loud but cute decor. Could hear everything outside and breakfast was basically toast but not bed. Free pasta Tuesday

I was very surprised because the place looks amazing! Love the room that I was staying and it even has a small fridge and also hairdryer. I was very comfortable in the room and I slept like a baby. Very great!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

everything was excellent, location perfect not far from the old city and train station( about 30 minutes on foot) ,, room was cleaned every day, people were friendly and tasty coffee every morning

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Poland

Easy place with a decent location (15 min walk to the colosseum and 20 to termini train station). But the shower pressure was like bullets though!

• 30th Mar 2015

I stayed 3 nights in this hostel last March. It was a pleasant stay. other guest were just really nice and I made good friends with an American and Mexian girl. The beds are clean, they provided me with new sheet and clean blanket. They have complete kitchen facilities, means that you can almost cook everything. No oven anyway. One thing I did not really like about this hostel was that the common room is in the hallway to the rooms and a bit noisy at night.

• 25th Mar 2015