Ciak Hostel Reviews

Viale Manzoni 55, Rome, Italy

Was staying for 3 nights, but was told that I'd have to switch rooms after the first night and wouldn't have a place to sleep for several hours while they cleaned, which I thought, was unreasonable, but they ended up sorting it out, so I didn't have this issue. Just a hassle to deal with after hours of traveling. The bathroom didn't really have ventilation and would smell if the opens weren't open. Internet was down for a bit. Very simple breakfast.

nice place to stay

• 29th May 2015

Grazie per il comment. Speriamo di vederci la prossima volta. Ciak Hostel Staff

Handy hostel!

• 29th May 2015

:)) Thank you! Ciak Hostel Staff

Clean and safe hostel. 10mins walk to main train station and 15mins to coliseum. We had free dinnrdinner when we were there which was a nice bonus.

Thank you for the comment! :)

Very nice staff and location perfect to discover Rome by yourself!

• 24th May 2015
  • Spain

Good morning, thank you for the good tip about that singer that we were talking about. Nice guests are always welcomed and give good tips. Ciak Hostel Staff

The front desk is not the most welcoming. Shower could use some work and cleaning

They put me on a different building from the desk (like 3 blocks actualy). It bodered me a little. The lady on the clerk told me "We send an e-mail right after the reservation informing that...". Well, let me tell you: It´s not enough to tell something like that AFTER the person made the reservation. You should tell upfront.

Good morning, regarding your problem about staying in another room, it is written down in description that is away 150m from the main building the room that you're booking, and the email that we sent is an optional to remind you that your room is another building so we avoid all these inconveniences. We are sorry about what happened but the good thing we didn't ruined your vacay because you are in another building. Enjoy your nex travel. :)) Ciak Hostel Staff

I had ordered a private room and they messed up my reservation. Then made me change rooms after a night. The one girl at the desk were helpful but the other didn't know much. Also they put my boyfriend in a girls room without telling him as woke us up at 2:30 am to yell at him for being there when we had a flight a 7:00 am. The breakfast in the secret garden building was nice and the rooms and bathrooms were nice but the customer service wasn't great.

Cleaning staff came in at 9am, and wifi didn't work in the rooms. Other than that it was a nice hostel.

Directions on the website were great, would be benificial to note that the metro stops running at 10pm. I stayed in the Secret Garden building and the internet was not good.

• 14th May 2015

I really appreciated staying here! It's a very good value and a good location near the metro. It was kept pretty clean and the staff were very friendly and good! I'm really thankful for the Wifi and the computers as well. Thanks a lot!

Good selection for breakfast. The staff were very helpful in recommending places and how to get around in Rome and staying safe there.

Location was key at this hostel. We were able to walk to the Colosseum and other attractions in about 20 minutes, which was awesome! There was no common room, so there wasn't much of an atmosphere, but they had a full usable kitchen and the breakfast was also really good. WiFi was completely down when we stayed there, but that was really the only negative. The rooms were nice and colorful, but there were no lockers available. Overall I would give this place a thumbs up!

Had such a mixed experience here. Especially with the staff. The wifi wasn't working for almost 2 days when I was there and some staff were helpful and apologetic about the fact. Others didn't seem to care too much. It was actually scary half the time going up to the front desk to ask questions because you didn't know what type of response you would get. I felt very uncomfortable here towards the end and it was all because of a staff member who was just downright rude.

My only complaint was that the cleaning staff came in at 9:30am even though check-out isn't until 10:00am. They made me move all of my things in the room as they stripped the beds and started cleaning, even though I wasn't yet ready to leave.

Got in late, they couldn't find my reservation(had all my receipts), ended up with a better room for the same rate, well located close to train and attractions, wifi in our room wAs spotty at best but it worked

CIAK Hostel is a friendly place to stay. It's clean, safe and also provide free luggage storage and breakfast. It has kind staff and you can use the kitchen also.

Handy location, staff were helpful, friendly and had we no problems. Secure, clean, nice place to stay...10-15 minute walk to Colosseum and bank, metro, supermarket all within 5 minutes or less. Highly recommend.

It's very well located since it's very close to the subway and it's just a 15 minute straight walk to the coliseum. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall good choice for a few days in Rome

• 4th May 2015
  • Portugal

the location is very convenient. The staff is nice. But the bed is too low to the floor.

• 2nd May 2015