Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

pros: clean and comfortable, good wifi, staffs were reali helpful, air-conditioning (although it didnt work the 1st night i was there), location was ok cons: no lockers in the room, no atmosphere to meet ppl

Really clean and excellent and communicative staff.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Ciao Hostel Florence. The hostel is located 5 mins walk from the bus station and 20 mins walk from Duomo. The hostel was extremely clean and tidy. There is no breakfast included in the price but the kitchen is adequately equipped. Staff are really friendly and helpful. I stayed in the hostel over a two week period and visited Venice and Cinque Terra while leaving my belonging in Florence. My suitcase and belongings were in the room when I returned.

A really nice stay, very helpful staff (they let me change room for the 3rd night as one of the guy in my dorm was too noisy) - It is close to santa novella station, with quite a few shops on the way.

Easy walk from Florence Train Station. Friendly Staff. Only downside is that there are no locks on the lockers, so make sure you get to know who your roomies are! Nice to have kitchen and small balcony, and place is pretty clean. It was so nice to have A/C!

This place is actually pretty awesome as far as being a affordable hostel in a major city. The staff was really nice and welcoming. I dropped my keys down the bathroom sink and they didn't freak out on me or give me attitude, we all fished them out The room was a nice size and very clean. Free towels are on the bed when you get there. The bathrooms are a nice size as well and I didn't even need to wear my shower shoes. There's also a full kitchen available with a nice terrace view of a garden.

Hostel was good but no common area and so atmosphere is a little lacking. However, good value as we had a private room. Facilities could use some maintenance but overall it was a good stay. Staff member gave a great restaurant recommendation!

It was the best hostel we stayed during the whole Europe trip.

Great location and friendly staff! One of our public bathroom doors did not have a lock on it.

The hostel is good, the rooms are big. The directions you get regarding how to get there from the train station were no help so look it up before you get there. The staff was okay but not there early in the morning or later at night so you have to catch them during the day if you need any help or want suggestions.

The place was fairly clean. Bathrooms got very dirty as the stay went on though. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Not the best atmosphere as no common room to hang in. The location was very good, only 5 minute walk or so to the train station.

The lady at reception was not very helpful, didn't tell me any information about the hostel (check in and check out hours, luggage space) or about Florence. I had to wait 25 minutes for 2 people to check-in before me. There were no lockers, not even the possibility to leave something valuable at reception. The bathroom didn't have toilet paper and the shower's doors didn't close properly so the bathroom floor was covered in water. To sum up, the location wasn't great either and it was overpriced

narrow shower-room. 2 bathroom every 1 floor, but one is in the kitchen.

staff were fantastic, so helpful walking distance to city center all round gr eat place to stay

This hostel was great! The staff were amazing their hours closed at 10pm and they waited up till 11pm for us to arrive and were super friendly about it! It's only a 5-10 minute walk to the train station and the rooms are super clean as well as the bathroom and hang out area. Overall I reccomend this hostel and would def come back!

Great hostel, like a miniature hotel, the closed doors between floors and the lack of a main common area make the place a bit cold and unfriendly to meet new people outside your own roommates.

This is my hostel of choice whenever i come back to florence. IT resembles more of a hotel than a hostel It is very well located 5min walking from main station that in turn is near the center. It has a very well equipped kitchen in every floor, so no queue. Every floor is cleaned daily. The value for money is very good in my opinion. No party atmosphere, but if you are in Florence i guess it's for cultural purposes.

Did spend one night in this hostel and it was a good place to stay in. It is really close and easy to find once you arrive to Santa Maria Novella station - which is a plus. Rooms were clean, you are provided with one towel per person and your bed is already prepared for you. Each floor has 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. However, check in as early as possible; I checked in late in the evening and the man at the reception was looking for a bed for me for almost an hour.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Azerbaijan

A good hostel, not too far from Centre. They could do with more showers though as 2 showers between 16 was tricky and busy in the mornings.

I stayed for the third time at Ciao Hostel. This time there was quite a lot of traffic during night, but maybe this was due to a lot of road constructions nearby. The only thing I did not like was the room air freshener on the corridore. It smelled awful.

• 10th Apr 2015