Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

I've never been so accommodated by staff in a hostel before. Vueling airlines lost my bags and the staff helped me call, speak with, and discuss my options with Vueling multiple times and never hesitated to do all they could to help me. The rooms themself were very clean, nice and spacious. It was like a shared-room hotel. Would never stay anywhere else in florence if I were to revist :-)

nice bedrooms, good kitchen, no good common area. excellent location

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Okay hostel location is good only about 10-15 minute walk to centre of Florence. Although if you are looking to meet new people then this is not the hostel to go to. However if your looking for somewhere quiter I would recommend.

It's about ten minute walk from the train station yet a bit far way from the main attractions. The room is spacious, with fast and stable wifi and the air conditioning is great as well. They have a kitchen with EVERYTHING YOU NEED. We made spaghetti and fried egg overs for the dinner. Do prepare mosquito repellent whilte cooking 'cause there's a garden. All in all, strongly recommended !!!!

There was no warm welcome when we arrived. Staff were cold, blunt and gave us zero information about Florence. We were pointed to a bed in a very awkward 4 bed share, the room was more like a bedroom than a hostel. I found someone else sleeping in my bed due to the hostel being disorganised with bed allocations. There was a massive hole in the bathroom ceiling and it smelt. We left and went to Plus Florence, cost more but the experience was 1000% better. This hostel was a waste of time and $

We had a lovely stay. Just a quick walk for the train station. Has a hotel like feel, which makes meeting other travelers difficult, but my friend and I just wanted some time to chill and be alone, so that was great! Beautiful kitchen, very good for those who want to cook. Friendly staff. I think for the price, they could have included breakfast, but overly have no complaints. The AC was AMAZING.

Fabio and his brother were the best hosts ever. Fabio made fresh salmon pasta one night then later took us out to an area only most locals know of then later some clubbing. It was a large group that went so some of us piled into Fabio's little Fiat and took off!! Everyone had a great time.

Clean, safe with excellent beds! Better than my house!

Everything was okay. But breakfast was not include in €30.

Had a fully equipped kitchen.

Nice dorm and kitchen. Some improvement over the mosquitoes' bite will be good.

if price is ok for you, don't check another hotel. Go there directly. Staff from Sri lanka is really good and helpful.

Great hostel not too far from the center, very clean and had a nice kitchen. Would definitely stay again.

GOOD STALL,KITCHEN

Staff were fantastic. I put on the wrong eta and they accommodated for us very late at night which was such a relief as it was about 1030pm and our first time in Rome.

• 11th May 2014

This is one of the best hostel I've ever seen. If I could see only its photos I'd have thought this is a 3-star hotel.

The staff at this hostel is great. I'm not sure what her name was, but there was a woman working the desk when we first arrived and she gave us a great breakdown of what to see and how to get there, as well as the name and location of the best gelato we've had. The hostel itself has a fantastic kitchen, and the rooms were spacious and the beds comfy. My only quibble is that I did have trouble accessing the wifi from my room, and the room itself was fairly noisy from road noise (bring earplugs).

Ciao Hostel is a place that didn`t get it right.15 minutes from the train station but the neighborhood is sterile, boring, with nondescript buildings and almost no shops, coffee bars or restaurants..And this is Florence, Italy! Rooms ok but mine had four beds and three lockers. Umm, poor last man in. Lockers 10` tall but shelves at very bottom. Absolutely no way to lock the lockers. Why?? Three recharging plugs for your cellphones for four occupant. No plugs in common area. Blank walls.

Though I arrived late at night, but still I was warmly welcomed by the two guys at the reception desk. The hostel was very clean. Highly recommended for travelers on a tight budget. I would love to stay again here. Thanks, Ciao Hostel! C",)

Great location, near to the train station and a 15-20 minutes walk to center, very clean and there are 4 people per room so it's really confortable, and very safe.