Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

The hostel was located very close to Firenze S.M.N station although a 20 minute walk to the main tourist areas in Florence. The staff at reception were polite and always happy to help when needed. The hostel was divided into small blocks with 5 lovely rooms- more like a hotel than a hostel! Facilities were great with 2 bathrooms and a good kitchen with kitchen table, hob, microwave, sink and cutlery and utensils which made it very cheap as we cooked every night! Overall, a great stay! :)

I really liked this place, had a homie feel to it

This was one of my favourite hostels of this trip. the staff were helpful and the location was good.

To be honest it was almost as i was staying a hotel, nice staff very clean and not to far from the center. Highly recommend :)

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Norway

Perfect location. Friendly staff. Immaculately clean.

helpful staff :) but a bit far away city center

Super clean and friendly. Great stay.

Just a little away from city centre but the hostel was excellent.

Ciao Hostel is a very nice hostel where you can stay while you are in Florence. I've got a great experience. It's very clean, the kitchen it's equiped and nice, WiFi works fine, and the staff is great and very kind, always ready to help you with everything you need.. I really recomend it.

In one word. It's awesome. If you are staying in florence you should stay ciao hostel.

Very secure. You need 3 keys to get in. Nice clean rooms. My only issue was one of the showers used a curtain when it was initially a glass door, I assume the door broke, but the water goes all over the floor when someone showers so the floor is horrible. But there is another bathroom you can use that has a proper door for the shower.

The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, hostel is located near to train station and the city centre.

I thinkit was OK, the stuff was super friendly and helpful! The room was good, but the bathrooms were not that clean! The worst part was the smell at the hallway and the stairs! Other than that it was oK!

It's close to the train station, which is nice, but all the sights are in the opposite direction! It's not that big of a deal, but I found myself dragging back to the hostel after a long day. There's no real common area to meet people in either, which was a bummer. Showers also got pretty grimy after a bunch of people used it in a short period of time, but would always be clean the next day. also, no lockers. Overall, not great, not bad. A clean place to lay your head at night.

Very nice place. I booked 4-bed dorm and it was a room with no bunk beds. AC works whole day, 2 toilets and one kitchen per floor which is pretty cool. People at reception were very kind. Downside maybe is that we don't use cards for unlocking but keys but security is perfect though. You have to unlock 3 doors until you come in the room. No lockers in dorms on the other hand. Location is good - 5-10 minutes from central station and 15-20 min to duomo. No common room.

Hello, I've been in this hostel in the night of 7/Aug and all it took was one night to someone entered in my room and stole my mobile phone. I felt so insecure, no one helped me and the staff didn't express concern about the situation. I can not understand how an hostel so well rated on the internet, calls into question the safety of their guests and still does not show any concern or interest for what happened. It's a shame and unacceptable. Seriously, I don't recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

We had a four-bed room as a family and loved the hostel. Great kitchen for cooking in, wi-fi, aircon, clean, large room and decent bathrooms. It's slightly north of the station so seems away from the centre but there are some interesting streets to explore walking into the centre, which is only ten mins away. There was a fab coffee bar just down the road - very friendly, tasty snacks and local prices.It got a bit busy when all rooms on the floor were full. Still loved it though and would go bck

I do not recommend this hostel for solo travelers. Of course every experience is different, but no one socialized, not even in my room. It was also much farther from the center than I expected. Other than that, super nice and helpful staff, and the air conditioning is awesome.

One of the staff members in particular, Inna, was absolutely delightful and so helpful. The kitchen was decent, the other backpackers we met at the hostel were nice. The hostel is located 10-15 min walk from train station which is ideal when bringing your bags back and forth while traveling but not much else. The whole place stinks though, like mildew.

Great spot, not great for meeting people. Comfy beds though

« first « Prev 1 2 3