Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

There was no warm welcome when we arrived. Staff were cold, blunt and gave us zero information about Florence. We were pointed to a bed in a very awkward 4 bed share, the room was more like a bedroom than a hostel. I found someone else sleeping in my bed due to the hostel being disorganised with bed allocations. There was a massive hole in the bathroom ceiling and it smelt. We left and went to Plus Florence, cost more but the experience was 1000% better. This hostel was a waste of time and $

We had a lovely stay. Just a quick walk for the train station. Has a hotel like feel, which makes meeting other travelers difficult, but my friend and I just wanted some time to chill and be alone, so that was great! Beautiful kitchen, very good for those who want to cook. Friendly staff. I think for the price, they could have included breakfast, but overly have no complaints. The AC was AMAZING.

Fabio and his brother were the best hosts ever. Fabio made fresh salmon pasta one night then later took us out to an area only most locals know of then later some clubbing. It was a large group that went so some of us piled into Fabio's little Fiat and took off!! Everyone had a great time.

Everything was okay. But breakfast was not include in €30.

Had a fully equipped kitchen.

Nice dorm and kitchen. Some improvement over the mosquitoes' bite will be good.

if price is ok for you, don't check another hotel. Go there directly. Staff from Sri lanka is really good and helpful.

Great hostel not too far from the center, very clean and had a nice kitchen. Would definitely stay again.

GOOD STALL,KITCHEN

Staff were fantastic. I put on the wrong eta and they accommodated for us very late at night which was such a relief as it was about 1030pm and our first time in Rome.

• 11th May 2014

This is one of the best hostel I've ever seen. If I could see only its photos I'd have thought this is a 3-star hotel.

The staff at this hostel is great. I'm not sure what her name was, but there was a woman working the desk when we first arrived and she gave us a great breakdown of what to see and how to get there, as well as the name and location of the best gelato we've had. The hostel itself has a fantastic kitchen, and the rooms were spacious and the beds comfy. My only quibble is that I did have trouble accessing the wifi from my room, and the room itself was fairly noisy from road noise (bring earplugs).

Ciao Hostel is a place that didn`t get it right.15 minutes from the train station but the neighborhood is sterile, boring, with nondescript buildings and almost no shops, coffee bars or restaurants..And this is Florence, Italy! Rooms ok but mine had four beds and three lockers. Umm, poor last man in. Lockers 10` tall but shelves at very bottom. Absolutely no way to lock the lockers. Why?? Three recharging plugs for your cellphones for four occupant. No plugs in common area. Blank walls.

Though I arrived late at night, but still I was warmly welcomed by the two guys at the reception desk. The hostel was very clean. Highly recommended for travelers on a tight budget. I would love to stay again here. Thanks, Ciao Hostel! C",)

Great location, near to the train station and a 15-20 minutes walk to center, very clean and there are 4 people per room so it's really confortable, and very safe.

Comfortable single beds in the dorm rooms, no bunk beds. Clean and well equipped kitchen on every floor. Good location - 5 min walk to the train station, 20 min walk to the historic centre. No real common area to relax and meet other travelers. A big towel included in the price.

The hostel is farther away from train station as it seems. Staff are anything but friendly. Lots of requests just went unanswered. Our room is right beside a road with busy traffic. Its impossible for you to get to sleep without your own eyemasks and earplugs. Room was also stuffy as airconditioning seemed a rarity, even on multiple requests.

This hostel was a little dirty at times and the staff was not too welcoming. The just wanted our money and to shovel us in and out. The hostel smelt like old Chinese food. They also don't have lockers in the room. Side note: they say facilities have a laundry room for guest.... It's a lie!!!! The kitchen was alright probably cleaned once a month.

The hostel wasnt to far from the train station and the main centre, about a 15 - 20 min walk. Room was quite spacious, the bathroom was clean but the bottom of the shower filled up with water and about 2 minutes into the shower the water went freezing cold and stayed that way. Good place to sleep and internet was in the rooms and was good.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good location and value for miney

• 27th Feb 2014