Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

I thinkit was OK, the stuff was super friendly and helpful! The room was good, but the bathrooms were not that clean! The worst part was the smell at the hallway and the stairs! Other than that it was oK!

It's close to the train station, which is nice, but all the sights are in the opposite direction! It's not that big of a deal, but I found myself dragging back to the hostel after a long day. There's no real common area to meet people in either, which was a bummer. Showers also got pretty grimy after a bunch of people used it in a short period of time, but would always be clean the next day. also, no lockers. Overall, not great, not bad. A clean place to lay your head at night.

Very nice place. I booked 4-bed dorm and it was a room with no bunk beds. AC works whole day, 2 toilets and one kitchen per floor which is pretty cool. People at reception were very kind. Downside maybe is that we don't use cards for unlocking but keys but security is perfect though. You have to unlock 3 doors until you come in the room. No lockers in dorms on the other hand. Location is good - 5-10 minutes from central station and 15-20 min to duomo. No common room.

Hello, I've been in this hostel in the night of 7/Aug and all it took was one night to someone entered in my room and stole my mobile phone. I felt so insecure, no one helped me and the staff didn't express concern about the situation. I can not understand how an hostel so well rated on the internet, calls into question the safety of their guests and still does not show any concern or interest for what happened. It's a shame and unacceptable. Seriously, I don't recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

We had a four-bed room as a family and loved the hostel. Great kitchen for cooking in, wi-fi, aircon, clean, large room and decent bathrooms. It's slightly north of the station so seems away from the centre but there are some interesting streets to explore walking into the centre, which is only ten mins away. There was a fab coffee bar just down the road - very friendly, tasty snacks and local prices.It got a bit busy when all rooms on the floor were full. Still loved it though and would go bck

I do not recommend this hostel for solo travelers. Of course every experience is different, but no one socialized, not even in my room. It was also much farther from the center than I expected. Other than that, super nice and helpful staff, and the air conditioning is awesome.

One of the staff members in particular, Inna, was absolutely delightful and so helpful. The kitchen was decent, the other backpackers we met at the hostel were nice. The hostel is located 10-15 min walk from train station which is ideal when bringing your bags back and forth while traveling but not much else. The whole place stinks though, like mildew.

Great spot, not great for meeting people. Comfy beds though

pros: clean and comfortable, good wifi, staffs were reali helpful, air-conditioning (although it didnt work the 1st night i was there), location was ok cons: no lockers in the room, no atmosphere to meet ppl

Everything you could need in a hostel, however its location may result in a rather early wake up due to traffic if you have a room overlooking the road.

Really clean and excellent and communicative staff.

Great staff, the thing is every floor has its own kitchen so you only meet people from your floor and not from the entire hostel. Also its about 10min walk from the main train station.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Ciao Hostel Florence. The hostel is located 5 mins walk from the bus station and 20 mins walk from Duomo. The hostel was extremely clean and tidy. There is no breakfast included in the price but the kitchen is adequately equipped. Staff are really friendly and helpful. I stayed in the hostel over a two week period and visited Venice and Cinque Terra while leaving my belonging in Florence. My suitcase and belongings were in the room when I returned.

A really nice stay, very helpful staff (they let me change room for the 3rd night as one of the guy in my dorm was too noisy) - It is close to santa novella station, with quite a few shops on the way.

Easy walk from Florence Train Station. Friendly Staff. Only downside is that there are no locks on the lockers, so make sure you get to know who your roomies are! Nice to have kitchen and small balcony, and place is pretty clean. It was so nice to have A/C!

This place is actually pretty awesome as far as being a affordable hostel in a major city. The staff was really nice and welcoming. I dropped my keys down the bathroom sink and they didn't freak out on me or give me attitude, we all fished them out The room was a nice size and very clean. Free towels are on the bed when you get there. The bathrooms are a nice size as well and I didn't even need to wear my shower shoes. There's also a full kitchen available with a nice terrace view of a garden.

Hostel was good but no common area and so atmosphere is a little lacking. However, good value as we had a private room. Facilities could use some maintenance but overall it was a good stay. Staff member gave a great restaurant recommendation!

It was the best hostel we stayed during the whole Europe trip.

Great location and friendly staff! One of our public bathroom doors did not have a lock on it.

The hostel is good, the rooms are big. The directions you get regarding how to get there from the train station were no help so look it up before you get there. The staff was okay but not there early in the morning or later at night so you have to catch them during the day if you need any help or want suggestions.