Ciao Hostel Reviews

via Guido Monaco, 34, Florence, Italy

Very nice and clean hostel. Felt like a hotel, you get towels, and there's a kitchen on every floor. Beds were singles, and not bunks, which is nice too. Staff were friendly.

When I first arrived the woman at the front desk argued with me about paying by debit card (its not a huge deal I was just saving my cash) and eventually she called someone and got the payment by credit card. After that, everything was fine, the hostel is nice, there was some sort of water leaking in the kitchen when I was there (a little slippery and dangerous) but the bathroom was clean and the wifi worked everywhere!

Located in the city center and close to the must-see places in Florence, just a walking distance. You have to pay Euro 5 for the padlock to the locker provided in every room.

The outstanding, caring n helpful services we recieved from the hostel reception lady make us extend our stay from 3 to 5 days. Thanks lady for making our Florence trip such a memorable one.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

Location is good but just a little bit difficult to find...

Couldn't sleep well. They wouldn't let us turn on the a/c so we had to open the window. Bad move. Mosquitoes all over the room, buzzing by our ears all night, and obviously biting us. But other than that, everything was good. Kitchen was complete with everything, there's a nice dining area, very clean bathroom, fast WiFi, free towels.

very clean and with good facilities, each floor had its own kitchen and two clean shower rooms, was a nice stay!

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

It is correct for one or two nights.

Not a place for social events but still made good friends here. Little disappointed how they advertise card payments available then is conveniently broken, even so long after the first review. could improve on hostel experience but still not a bad place to go

You can't pay with credit cart (the website says otherwise) and they tell you the typical cheap story, that the terminal ‘' just'' broke down. The staff is not very friendly, but the place is clean and the internet connection is good though...

Good budget option, comfy beds, great kitchen. Not much of a typical hostel atmosphere for people wanting to meet others, but staff are pretty helpful and quite friendly. B

I've never been so accommodated by staff in a hostel before. Vueling airlines lost my bags and the staff helped me call, speak with, and discuss my options with Vueling multiple times and never hesitated to do all they could to help me. The rooms themself were very clean, nice and spacious. It was like a shared-room hotel. Would never stay anywhere else in florence if I were to revist :-)

nice bedrooms, good kitchen, no good common area. excellent location

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Okay hostel location is good only about 10-15 minute walk to centre of Florence. Although if you are looking to meet new people then this is not the hostel to go to. However if your looking for somewhere quiter I would recommend.

It's about ten minute walk from the train station yet a bit far way from the main attractions. The room is spacious, with fast and stable wifi and the air conditioning is great as well. They have a kitchen with EVERYTHING YOU NEED. We made spaghetti and fried egg overs for the dinner. Do prepare mosquito repellent whilte cooking 'cause there's a garden. All in all, strongly recommended !!!!

There was no warm welcome when we arrived. Staff were cold, blunt and gave us zero information about Florence. We were pointed to a bed in a very awkward 4 bed share, the room was more like a bedroom than a hostel. I found someone else sleeping in my bed due to the hostel being disorganised with bed allocations. There was a massive hole in the bathroom ceiling and it smelt. We left and went to Plus Florence, cost more but the experience was 1000% better. This hostel was a waste of time and $

We had a lovely stay. Just a quick walk for the train station. Has a hotel like feel, which makes meeting other travelers difficult, but my friend and I just wanted some time to chill and be alone, so that was great! Beautiful kitchen, very good for those who want to cook. Friendly staff. I think for the price, they could have included breakfast, but overly have no complaints. The AC was AMAZING.

Fabio and his brother were the best hosts ever. Fabio made fresh salmon pasta one night then later took us out to an area only most locals know of then later some clubbing. It was a large group that went so some of us piled into Fabio's little Fiat and took off!! Everyone had a great time.

Clean, safe with excellent beds! Better than my house!

Everything was okay. But breakfast was not include in €30.