Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

Lovely hostel with good transport links. Our 4 bed private room looked like it belonged in a hotel.

• 21st Aug 2014

This place feels more like a big "classic" youth hostel focused on traveling groups, but it's also possible to book individual beds in dorms - although this option is a little hidden in the booking system here. The hostel doesn't have a very personal atmosphere, but it feels safe and the staff is very well informed and helpful. Checkout is at 9 AM already and there are no computers for accessing the internet, these would be my two main points of critique. There is free Wifi though.

Ironically, the ventilation fan in the shower was blocked by a layer of grey fur. At least the colour of this growth matched the general decor, atmosphere and attitudes of staff within the hostel. The ratio of person to plug in the room was 2:1. From the two that were available for use, one had to make the choice between placing their smartphone precariously on the sink, or allowing said phone to dangle from an eight foot height. Offensively banal.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

No wifi in the rooms, and there's only one "common area" - which also happens to be seating for their restaurant. So they do not like you sitting there if you don't want to buy anything. Essentially it was a place to sleep and that was the important part, but I was annoyed by the lack of internet and rules against bringing food into the hostel (you will get charged if caught, so make sure you're not). Worth the money I paid for, I suppose.

Really a hotel with dormitories. Clean and safe. No kitchen for private use. Wifi only around lobby. Not social.

Staffs are friendly and helpful and hostel located near to many attractions.

It's a really nice hostel and the staffs are very nice and welcoming.

• 11th Aug 2014

Very nice infrastructure, recently renovated, looks like new. you get everything you need to spend night

A very good quality hostel close the the heart of Strasbourg and about 1km from the railway station. We stayed in a twin private room and it was almost like staying in a good hotel. The beds were comfortable and it was quiet so you could get a good night's sleep after some tiresome travelling. The staff was helpful and the hostel had a nice lounge where you could sit and relax or eat/drink if you had nothing to do.

friendly staff, clean rooms. More a place for school classes and couples, not so much for solo backpackers.

The hostel is nice, very good bedroms and bathroms, in a good location, considering that is a small city.

Good hostel, clean and the staff is OK! The atmosphere is not so exciting

I missed better internet connection with stronger signal.

No wifi in the rooms but that was the only issue! Great hostel.

I asked for directions from the eurolines bus station at late hour, and the directions I got from the staff told me to use local buses which didn't run when I arrived. So I then spent the next 1.5 hours at midnight searching for the hostel. Upon my arrival I learned that there was no laundry and the internet did not work in my room. The next morning, house cleaning kept coming into the room starting at 9 telling me to hurry up and get out, even though check out was at 10. Never again.

Wonderful hostel, very clean, great location.

• 12th Jul 2014

I was surprised by how nice it was for the price. I had a twin ensuite and it was basically like a hotel. I can't speak to any of the common areas, as I didn't use them. The wi-fi in the lobby is a little tricky and seemingly not available 24/7. They host a lot of big groups, so there were obnoxious pre-teens running around. Also, be careful with the maid service: one of the maids didn't knock first and walked in on my girlfriend and me!!

Clean, good location, near the city center.

2 plug sockets in a dorm for 4... No shower head in the shower.. It was simply a hole in the wall Wifi didn't stretch up to the rooms either!

Lovely common space, excellent staff, definitely clean, cosy rooms with comfy beds, great location! Showers could be better, check-out time is quite early (9 a.m.) plus there were SO many loud children... But I still loved this place :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3