Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

1962 Total Reviews

I had a very clean and modern room with a big shower

The staff we're that great. There was one guy who was really lovely but everyone else was moody

The only thing missing is a kitchen to prepare food because breakfast is not included and quite pricy if you travel on a budget. But overall a very nice hostel, very clean, all rooms with own bathroom and you can easily walk to all main attractions in Strasbourg. Check-out time is a bit early at 9am on weekdays though. Oh, and you encounter big noisy groups of kids on class trips (but in the dorm itself it's very calm).

Extremely clean and comfortable. Could have comfortably stayed here many nights. The only things bad were there is no hostel atmosphere so solo travelers looking to make friends may have a hard time. And also there are no lockers in the rooms. Not a problem since I was the only person in my four bed dorm, but would have been unpleasant had I been sharing the room like I planned.

The wifi was not working always, but it was okay. My one complaint is that there were large groups of very young children who were staying up late shouting at each other from the windows at night making lots of noise. I wish there had been greater supervision at the hostel to make them be more respectful of other guests.

• 21st Jul 2015

This is a conference and school trip hotel, pretending to be a hostel. During our stay the hostel was almost entirely full of school classes, and lacked anything close to a decent atmosphere. The staff although pleasant enough, didn't seem to know much about the city, or even about their own hostel tbh! However, the entire hostel was very clean, which was impressive. Not somewhere you should stay, if you want to be meet other travellers.

It felt like sharing a hotel room with a bunch of strangers (towels changed daily, beds made, en suite in the room). There was also large groups of school kids there, but if you don't mind that it's a good place to stay

Nice new hostel, awesome bathrooms and beds, good area around and fast in the city. But you couldn´t open the windows at a very hot night and the check-in was at 6 in the evening. Stuff was friendly except of one....

• 18th Jul 2015

It is clean and nice hostel. Just check in time so late and check out times so early. Can be give more time for visitors if have a free place that time.

Room was boiling, no wifi except in the lobby and there was no atmosphere. Would not come back.

This hostel feels more like a hotel than a hostel. I find it lacks character and it's often full of school classes, which makes it more difficult to meet people. The room was actually very well equipped and the facilities were excellent. I like the fact that you don't even have to make your own bed but there were lots of black hairs on my pillow so making sure the bedding is clean needs to be improved. The breakfast for €6,50 is pretty poor.

Like everyone else says, it's a hotel with no hostel atmosphere. There's no kitchen. Staff was pretty unhelpful and didn't know much of what was going on in the city. The place is SUPER clean though and very comfortable--unfortunately I was there during the heat wave and on the top floor so it was extremely hot because there's no AC. But I got a 4 bed dorm all to myself and that was awesome. No wifi in the rooms--unless you peek out of the room window, in which case you can get signal.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Taiwan

Pros - really nice rooms, clean, modern & bunks made up like hotel beds! Cons - worst wifi, no kitchen available, no real common area. Got told to move from a common area. This is a conference centre pretending to be a hostel. Not suitable for anything more than overnight

As others have said, this place really has a hotel atmosphere. Facilities are modern and spotless, and for what you get the price is very reasonable. WiFi is only made available in the lobby, but we got lucky and were on the first floor where we were able to pick up a signal most of the time.

The best quality facilities by far I've ever seen in a hostel. The only downsides are no lockers in the room plus the bar shuts at weekends and there isn't much of a social vibe. Luckily I had good room mates so this didn't matter

I agree that Ciarus is more a hotel than a hostel. Rooms are well-equiped, clean, with a comfortable beds and proper sanitary facilities. But I was a little bit missing hostel atmosphere there. Anyway, I definitely recommend!

The room and bed were very comfortable. It was located within an easy 10 min walk to the center of town. I was disappointed that the bar/restaurant was closed during our stay. This should have been mentioned in the information advertised. While most of the staff was friendly and accommodating, some members were less than helpful. Wifi was only available in the common areas and not in the rooms.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Staff seemed rather angry at the customers most of the time....except for the Grey haired man at the desk, he was really good.

More like a hotel than a hostel. But clean and comfortable rooms.

Thank you. A very clean hostel at a good price, safe, good location, and friendly staff; all of which made my stay in Strasbourg very enjoyable! I will recommend this hostel to anyone I know. For those who worry about staying in hostels, this one shows just how nice a hostel can be.

« first « Prev 1 2 3