Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

Wonderful hostel, clean rooms, excellent attention, graet location. I would definitely recommend it

The hostel is more like a hotel. The linens are changed daily, and the bed are very comfortable. Each bed had its own plug in for adapters and own light. The rooms didn't get wifi, which was kind of a bummer. I personally didn't like the atmosphere of the lobby as a solo traveler. The rooms have own shower and bathroom. Would recommend. Very nice.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel itself was spotless and of a high standard. The location was also great, only about 10 minutes walk to the cathedral and shopping etc. So it is not in the centre of Strasbourg but not far off. The staff were very welcoming and if I went back to Strasbourg I certainly would not hesitate to book here again given the lovely rooms.

• 28th Mar 2015

Very comfortable rooms. 6 bed dorm had a big hall, small lockers (you can leave big luggage in a locked room if you want), 2 toilet/shower rooms and a partition wall between a set of bunks. Bunks had individual lights and sockets (some had a cubby hole). Breakfast (6.50€) was decent but they limit you to one of each item. Atmosphere was more like a hotel but I had interesting roommates. Friendly, helpful staff. Located just off the central island, not far from the cathedral. Would stay again.

excellent and comfortable

Very friendly staff, available 24/7. Rooms were completely renovated and clean - inclusive a very nice bathroom belonging to our 3-bed room. The beds also feature 2 extra pillows, what I really liked and haven't seen in a hostel or hotel before. After our checkout at 9 am we could lock our stuff in a safe next to the luggage-room to enjoy our last day without carrying all our stuff with us and without worrying about it to be taken away. Perfect! I can really recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015

More like a hotel. 4 bd room was great with bathroom in room. No lockers but I had a room to myself. Very clean and common area is ok.i would recommend this hostel

the personnel of the reception is not gentle and available.

Really enjoyed my stay here, very nice and clean, very close to the centre of town, but overall not my kind of hostel. There weren't any organised activities, and the common room didn't really have a great vibe - people only went there because of the wifi! Wouldn't have liked wifi in the rooms. :)

There is no wifi in the romos. The check out time is so early (9am)

Excellent

This hostel is a large and generally soulless modern affair - the kind of place people stay when passing through. The rooms are clean, modern and ensuite. The rooms are lockable, but it seems to be at least three to a room. There are no lockers in the rooms. I stayed for 3 nights and ended up sharing with a different set of roommates each night. I would probably stay here again if I was with a group where we could take a whole room. Then this place would be great.

Very agreeable place! Comfortable beds, nice spaces, lots of information, options indoors for all meals, and a very helpful and kind staff. There is even a piano! :-) The only thing that could be improved is the Wi-Fi because it does not work in the room. And maybe some sofas in the common area for people to talk would be great, as well as a space for the guests to cook. Still, it's a great place, I'd definitely stay there again.

• 13th Feb 2015

I stayed on the second floor and yet I couldn't connect the wireless internet from my room. I had to spend some time in lobby or simply on the ground floor as it was the only floor one could connect internet. All other things are great!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Breakfast is too bad compared to breakfast fee. It is too expensive to satisfaction.

Ciarus is more like a hotel, no kitchen, you have to pay even for a coffee. Except these, it is a nice place to stay. It is central, 10 mins by feet to main attractions, it is really clean and they provide towels. The stuff is helpful and nice.

Very clean and tidy hostel, The time I stayed there it was very quiet and there were minimal other travellers there who seemed to want to chat or have a drink. Found myself drinking alone at the bar a couple of nights because everyone else was in the common room glued to their free wifi devices. Would go back in a higher type season with hopefully more people.

It is quite far away from train station

스트라스부르 역이랑 좀 멀다는 것 빼고는 만족스러운 호스텔이었습니다.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Hostel was clean and staff was friendly. It is more like an hotel, so I wouldn't recommend it for those who look for a party hostel (People don't come to Strasbourg for party anyway.). After all it was a good place to stay in Strasbourg.

« first « Prev 1 2 3