Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

Good location: 5 min from Place Broglie Good baggage security (Mostly) Friendly service I had a bad experience at 9pm on the final night (December 14th) getting changed into my new room. I was not aware that checking in and changing rooms were different in the hostel's system, and after a few minutes of looking through the records the elder man at the service desk insulted me to my face in French (elle me fait chier). I recommend the hostel looking into the matter.

• 12th Dec 2014

I don't kmow how I ended up in a 3 bed rooms (they were using it as a dorm instead of private room). Bit it wasn't really equiped to benwith stranger. No locker, shower with a curtain directly in the rooms, so really noisy, not private and lots of light if someone does a early check-out or arrives late. Basicly no place to secure your stuff and not backpacker friendly (you will be disrupted by lights and noise during your sleep). And there is no kitchen and breakfast not included...

More like a nice hotel than a hostel. Everything was really great minus the shower. The water was freezing and there was no shower head.

화장실 찌든내 빼면 완벽

• 4th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

One of the worst hostels i ve ever been to. The girl at the reception in the afternoon was not helpful at all. No lockers in room. Wi fi only in the lobby not in the rooms. Cannot cook anything.

Near Carrefour (250mt). Near central Station (1,6 Km).Reception 24h. Kind. Cleaned. Magnetic Badge. 2 Big Lift. 2 Mirrors/Basins in room. Bed linen ready on the bed. Light at every bed. Small closet. Heater. Desk with chair in room. Restaurant self service (fixed price). Bar. Nice Lounge (like a cafè). Luggage room with shelf. - No lockers (small space under the bed but only for cabin trolley or little bpack). No common kitchen (hostel only in name). Only 2 AC Plug in lounge (not comfortable).

The Hostel is not VERYYY well located, but it works. There's no wifi in the bedrooms and no computers availables for personal use. The rooms are cleaned daily. It's good for money. It's a good hostel.

I stayed in a 4-bed, all-women room. The location is great, 10 minutes walking to the Place de la République. The staff is superb; they are really kind and cheerful. There is a safe for valuables. The bedrooms and common areas were clean and well furnished. The WLAN worked nicely, although only at the ground floor. My sole complaint is the shower: hard to operate and not well separated from the sink area. Nonetheless, I got a good impression and would surely recommend Ciarus for short stays.

Slept in dorm, room was clean and newly renovated. Bed was really comfortable. Only con was very early check out

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Finland

In general it's a great place to stay. Although wifi is not accessible in rooms, it makes rooms an excellent quiet place. Double decker beds is quite sturdy, hence you wont even feel another guy who share the bed is moving and tossing. I found breakfast should be improved though, or else I rather go to the bakery next street 100m away have some great bakeries and coffee. Especially love the piano at the lounge, though the sustenuto pedal is not functioning, could be quite loud while playing

I don't recommend the hostel. The staff didn't give me any touristic information when I arrived. Also the wifi was only in the hall (not in he rooms) AND they didn't have anywhere to sit or plug your phone there so you could use the Internet for a while. It was very uncomfortable. Also they said they had a bar but they didn't have anything the menu said, and as the hostel is not close to any restaurant I just had to starve that night.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Chile

Overall I thought the Hostel was very good. The facilities were very clean and it was nice to come back to a clean hostel and new towels daily. The staff was very helpful, however the only improvement I would suggest is having the staff better explain all you have to offer at the Hostel. For example, I knew you had lockers but didn't know where (I had to ask), and I wasn't sure about how the dinning service worked so again I had to actually ask one of the girls in my room to help me.

• 29th Oct 2014

Overall my stay was pleasant! :) i didnt like that you had to push the button on the showers to keep them going....

• 17th Oct 2014

Do not use this hostel. The pictures are very deceiving. What you see is definitely NOT what you get. Terrible.

• 14th Oct 2014

I loved this place, the room was gorgeus and amazing, I felt like in a hotel. Well located, staff was nice too. Is more a family place than party place. The only bad thing was that wifi only worked on lobby.

We could only access the wifi in the common areas of the building which was inconvenient. But on the other side, the staff was friendly and very helpful. Also the beds at Ciarus are the most comfortable hostel beds we had ever stayed in.

The distance is about 10 minutes far from downtown. The staffs are nice and they speak good english. WiFis are available in the lobby. Breakfast is not included. But the price was reasonable.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

Too bad the rooms don't have lockers. For 35 euro's a night in a dormitory I expect in a hostel that it would be including breakfast.

The room was in a bad condition. Everything was old, the carpet was very drity and the walls really need a paintjob. Was not comfortable.

• 13th Sep 2014

Some of my gripes: - no complimentary breakfast - check-in was at 4.00pm Other than that, felt the location was alright. About 15min walk to the main cathedral (Notre Dame)

« first « Prev 1 2 3