Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

Staff is really nice and helpful although I only stayed briefly for one night. It's clean and safe, closer to the cathedral but a little more walk from the train station. Breakfast is okay for the money paid.

The hostel is located in a quiet street, just 10 minutes walk from the center and 15 from the main station. Friendly staff really comfortable and clean rooms. Strange hostel, though. During my stay, I didn't feel like I slept in a hostel, since it was really big: it is not that kind of hostel in which it is easy to gather and meet people. the Wi-fi doesn't work at all. I would recommend it especially for the position.

This was a very nice hostel. It was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. It is still under renovation but it is looking great already.

Seriously... Renovated building and no wifi in rooms ????

• 10th Jan 2016

Very nice people working, the wifi didn't work in the room which was pretty annoying but overall our stay was great! Very clean and spacious.

• 31st Dec 2015

Hostel is designed for community which is very impressive. however the laundry service and common kitchen are very important for backpacker.

The location is excelent, just in the city center! Even though they were rebuilding the inside, it was very clean and safe. Would stay there again if I go back to Strasbourg.

The place had a weird vibe, as it was still undergoing renovations. There were many different mixed characters at the accommodation, as it turned out the place was also an art gallery. The rooms were in top notch condition, brand new bathrooms, sturdy bunks, each bunk had a power point and light. Only negative was that there was no wifi in the room and worked ok on the ground level. Location was good, it was about a 8 minute walk to the Christmas Markets and Main Shopping area.

Very clean and at a very good location.

Wifi unreliable in common area, cannot use in own room Staff seemed unwelcoming and were generally unhelpful. Didn't have much of a hostel feeling - no one talked to one another. Full of school children and construction noises.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Great roomy bedroom with a fabulous shower/toilet to beds ratio. Breakfast average but dinner was marvellous, great value for money.

In the middle of my stay, the cleaners came in, really confused about why I was there. They told me that I was leaving that day, though I'd paid for another 3 nights. When I went down to reception I was told that I had to move rooms as a big group was arriving. It was very frustrating not to be told this in advance and I had to get dressed and pack really quickly. I had to go out, then when I returned there was a new receptionist, who had no record of my stay. Finally I got the new key.

• 20th Nov 2015

Very kind staffs, clean room I loved it. Highly recommend!!!

• 15th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Very easy check in and check out. Would be good to have wifi in rooms. Impressed with room and especially standard of bathroom.

Nice place to stay, more of a hotel. Only drawbacks -no guest kitchen and wifi did not work in the rooms

Ciarus doesn't seem to be a hostel. There aretwo common rooms, apparently one large breakfast hall with nothing besides tables&chairs in (it was empty at arrival) and another room with tables. We were, however, not allowed to eat our brought in food or consume drinks in those rooms. We were also looking for public showers or a TV and ping pong room (as the signs said), but we couldn't find anything.... They also have conference rooms etc., therefore Ciarus might be a good place for groups.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel was great! I felt safe in the room I loved the beds so comfortable I felt right at home!

• 19th Oct 2015

I would definitely recommend this place. I got a 6 bedroom dorm but its comfortably spaced out. It had two ensuite baths so, the toilets were of no worry. Very new and clean. central location. Staff were accomodating. A little far to walk from the station. Around 20mins the only thing is that breakfast was at 8:30-9:00 and checkout is at nine. Which i feel is a little too tight and constraint and checkout is a little too early. You can store your bags though in the luggage area so its all good

Booked the hostel on the website the night before my trip from Germany to France. Due to issues with the bus line we were unable to make it into France. I cancelled the hostel thinking I would only lose the deposit, but instead got charged the full amount for two people. I tried to e-mail the hostel and get this sorted and instead got the run around of "well we have no record of you cancelling" and then "it's all in our terms online". The online website was in poorly translated English.

• 6th Oct 2015

It has no atmosphere at all for solo travelers. Just like a hotel with no included breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4