Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

Very friendly staff, available 24/7. Rooms were completely renovated and clean - inclusive a very nice bathroom belonging to our 3-bed room. The beds also feature 2 extra pillows, what I really liked and haven't seen in a hostel or hotel before. After our checkout at 9 am we could lock our stuff in a safe next to the luggage-room to enjoy our last day without carrying all our stuff with us and without worrying about it to be taken away. Perfect! I can really recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015

More like a hotel. 4 bd room was great with bathroom in room. No lockers but I had a room to myself. Very clean and common area is ok.i would recommend this hostel

the personnel of the reception is not gentle and available.

There is no wifi in the romos. The check out time is so early (9am)

Excellent

This hostel is a large and generally soulless modern affair - the kind of place people stay when passing through. The rooms are clean, modern and ensuite. The rooms are lockable, but it seems to be at least three to a room. There are no lockers in the rooms. I stayed for 3 nights and ended up sharing with a different set of roommates each night. I would probably stay here again if I was with a group where we could take a whole room. Then this place would be great.

Very agreeable place! Comfortable beds, nice spaces, lots of information, options indoors for all meals, and a very helpful and kind staff. There is even a piano! :-) The only thing that could be improved is the Wi-Fi because it does not work in the room. And maybe some sofas in the common area for people to talk would be great, as well as a space for the guests to cook. Still, it's a great place, I'd definitely stay there again.

• 13th Feb 2015

I stayed on the second floor and yet I couldn't connect the wireless internet from my room. I had to spend some time in lobby or simply on the ground floor as it was the only floor one could connect internet. All other things are great!

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Uzbekistan

Breakfast is too bad compared to breakfast fee. It is too expensive to satisfaction.

Ciarus is more like a hotel, no kitchen, you have to pay even for a coffee. Except these, it is a nice place to stay. It is central, 10 mins by feet to main attractions, it is really clean and they provide towels. The stuff is helpful and nice.

Very clean and tidy hostel, The time I stayed there it was very quiet and there were minimal other travellers there who seemed to want to chat or have a drink. Found myself drinking alone at the bar a couple of nights because everyone else was in the common room glued to their free wifi devices. Would go back in a higher type season with hopefully more people.

It is quite far away from train station

스트라스부르 역이랑 좀 멀다는 것 빼고는 만족스러운 호스텔이었습니다.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Hostel was clean and staff was friendly. It is more like an hotel, so I wouldn't recommend it for those who look for a party hostel (People don't come to Strasbourg for party anyway.). After all it was a good place to stay in Strasbourg.

A very HOTEL like hostel. Remodled, so it is VERY clean. There is a cleaning crew that cleans the room every day and gives you brand new towel everyday. It is more like a hotel, so there are big groups of people checking in and out. Only thing I have to point out is the check out time, which is 9AM! too early.

There are no lockers in the rooms, which I would have preferred as a solo traveller, and the internet only works in the lobby area. Also there was no kitchen available for guest use. The rooms were very clean and modern, though, and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Although a large hostel, staff is very friendly and has an individual approach to each client. Very clean and cosy, nice atmosphere. I recommend it!

Staff weren't particularly helpful, and was disappointed with the lack of kitchen facilities but overall was a very nice and comfortable hostel in a good location

The Ciarus doesn't seem a hostel, but a hotel. It's big and clean, the bedroom was very clean and beautiful. The hostel provides sheets, blanket and towels. It is located close to the center and it´s possible to go everywhere walking. The negative point is the WIFI is available only in the entrance hall.

• 9th Jan 2015

There are no lockers in the rooms, though I had no problem with my stuff. But that always depends on your roommates. No wifi reception in the rooms, either. Only in the lobby area and not strong. Otherwise, comfortable beds, very clean overall, clean bathrooms and fresh complimentary towels everyday. Also, it was the only hostel available in Strasbourg. Great location and within 10 minutes walk to the city center.