Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

I asked for directions from the eurolines bus station at late hour, and the directions I got from the staff told me to use local buses which didn't run when I arrived. So I then spent the next 1.5 hours at midnight searching for the hostel. Upon my arrival I learned that there was no laundry and the internet did not work in my room. The next morning, house cleaning kept coming into the room starting at 9 telling me to hurry up and get out, even though check out was at 10. Never again.

Wonderful hostel, very clean, great location.

• 12th Jul 2014

I was surprised by how nice it was for the price. I had a twin ensuite and it was basically like a hotel. I can't speak to any of the common areas, as I didn't use them. The wi-fi in the lobby is a little tricky and seemingly not available 24/7. They host a lot of big groups, so there were obnoxious pre-teens running around. Also, be careful with the maid service: one of the maids didn't knock first and walked in on my girlfriend and me!!

• 12th Jul 2014

Clean, good location, near the city center.

2 plug sockets in a dorm for 4... No shower head in the shower.. It was simply a hole in the wall Wifi didn't stretch up to the rooms either!

Lovely common space, excellent staff, definitely clean, cosy rooms with comfy beds, great location! Showers could be better, check-out time is quite early (9 a.m.) plus there were SO many loud children... But I still loved this place :)

Amazing h! clean, quiet place , very good experience.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • China

It is reasonable but nothing special. You will not be disappointed neither amazed.

Really good hostel, very organized, clean and new place.

The direction provided is confusing, prepare your own route. Really appreciate that they provide a free city map (which will cost 1.5 euro in tourist information centre).

Strasbourg is a small city so its location out of the center isn't really an issue. You can see everthing within walking distance. If you're driving, street parking is going to be a problem. It's a big facility so expect to shack up with large tour groups. Really slow elevator.

There was only one power source for a room of 4. Had to charge my camera using the shave point! Also air con or air circulation system would be good. The night I stayed it was during a heat wave and incredibly humid, even though there is a fan, the layout of the room means only 2 beds would benefit (and again only one power source). I didn't really sleep. A bit more privacy in the shower would be good, shower is just a curtain that opens into the room.

Hostel was within walking distance to the city centre. Rooms were incredibly hot at night which made it uncomfortable to sleep. Towels and bed sheets were provided. I did not have breakfast there but you could have it for an extra cost.

Check in time is 4pm which is kind of late. No wifi in the room, only lobby area. Took me quite a long time to find it as well.

Strasbourg only has two hostels available (Ciarus and 2 Rives) , both big and institutional, but Ciarus is much closer to the heart of the city. Like the 2 Rives hostel, Ciarus is rather meant for big groups and is not a party hostel, but it's clean, safe, affordable, and within walking distance from the town center.

• 7th Jun 2014

great location, very clean rooms

Hotel quality accomodation - the dorm was basically a 3 bed hotel room. No real hostel atmosphere but the place was being run smoothly. Nice breakfast. No complaints and close enough to all major sights.

a good place, nice breakfast

Good location, quiet enough, not too far from the citycentre - just a walk of about 10/15 min to the cathedral. Staff was really nice and helpful. The rooms are simple but ok for a hostel. French breakfast, which is included, is ok with croissant, bread, yoghurt, juice, coffee. Nice little bar with fair prices in the hostel.

I think it's a best hostel in Strasbourg.

« first « Prev 1 2 3