Ciarus Reviews

7 Rue Finkmatt, Strasbourg, France

1931 Total Reviews

As others have said, this place really has a hotel atmosphere. Facilities are modern and spotless, and for what you get the price is very reasonable. WiFi is only made available in the lobby, but we got lucky and were on the first floor where we were able to pick up a signal most of the time.

The best quality facilities by far I've ever seen in a hostel. The only downsides are no lockers in the room plus the bar shuts at weekends and there isn't much of a social vibe. Luckily I had good room mates so this didn't matter

I agree that Ciarus is more a hotel than a hostel. Rooms are well-equiped, clean, with a comfortable beds and proper sanitary facilities. But I was a little bit missing hostel atmosphere there. Anyway, I definitely recommend!

The room and bed were very comfortable. It was located within an easy 10 min walk to the center of town. I was disappointed that the bar/restaurant was closed during our stay. This should have been mentioned in the information advertised. While most of the staff was friendly and accommodating, some members were less than helpful. Wifi was only available in the common areas and not in the rooms.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Staff seemed rather angry at the customers most of the time....except for the Grey haired man at the desk, he was really good.

More like a hotel than a hostel. But clean and comfortable rooms.

Thank you. A very clean hostel at a good price, safe, good location, and friendly staff; all of which made my stay in Strasbourg very enjoyable! I will recommend this hostel to anyone I know. For those who worry about staying in hostels, this one shows just how nice a hostel can be.

I loved this place!! Great social atmosphere in the bar area, and lots of nightly activities to take part in. The staff are brilliant! So friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was sufficient. Eggs, toast, cereals and tea and coffee. There is no guest kitchen but there are cheap bar meals or places near by. It's a short 10 minute walk into town. Would definitely recommend this place- wish I had stayed longer.

Lockers were far too small to put all your belongings in. Plugs by each bed were much appreciated and very useful. Rooms were very clean, as were the bathrooms. Beds seemed quite comfy. Facilities appeared limited for those wishing to bring their own packed dinner/ prepare their own breakfast. Wi-fi only in reception (not in rooms). Had a good enough stay.

A luxury hostel

My stay in Ciarus was very good. It was clean and modern, with a good location next to the center of Strasbourg. One of the few negatives was no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, but, overall, I had a very good stay and would certainly recommend it to others!

• 8th May 2015

They should have wifi in the rooms too.

Excellent location just 5 min walking from the centre and very clean with nice atmosphere

No wifi in the rooms, a little steril atmosphere but very good location and very clean. So if you search for a place where you can sleep comfortably by night and explore the city by day, this hostel is great

Wonderful hostel, clean rooms, excellent attention, graet location. I would definitely recommend it

A five-star hostel! Everything is good, apart from the facility part - there is no public kitchen for you to cook

The hostel was very clean. The bathroom, the bed, and the room in general was spotless. It was easy to get around as well, since it's not very far from a concentration of tram stops/lines, and is quite near the city centre. The staff was excellent, and I had a long, interesting conversation with one of the guys at reception, who was very patient with my not-so-perfect French and gave me excellent tips on what to visit.

The hostel is more like a hotel. The linens are changed daily, and the bed are very comfortable. Each bed had its own plug in for adapters and own light. The rooms didn't get wifi, which was kind of a bummer. I personally didn't like the atmosphere of the lobby as a solo traveler. The rooms have own shower and bathroom. Would recommend. Very nice.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel itself was spotless and of a high standard. The location was also great, only about 10 minutes walk to the cathedral and shopping etc. So it is not in the centre of Strasbourg but not far off. The staff were very welcoming and if I went back to Strasbourg I certainly would not hesitate to book here again given the lovely rooms.

• 28th Mar 2015

Very comfortable rooms. 6 bed dorm had a big hall, small lockers (you can leave big luggage in a locked room if you want), 2 toilet/shower rooms and a partition wall between a set of bunks. Bunks had individual lights and sockets (some had a cubby hole). Breakfast (6.50€) was decent but they limit you to one of each item. Atmosphere was more like a hotel but I had interesting roommates. Friendly, helpful staff. Located just off the central island, not far from the cathedral. Would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3