Cidade Baixa Hostel Reviews

Rua Sarmento Leite, 964, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Great hostel, great atmosphere! Specially the staff, very friendly and lovely persons. The hostel is very well located, bathroons are big, rooms have enough space. Breakfast is very good. I definitely recommend this place!!

The staff is really sweet. I payed for a mixed dorm but, when they realized I was the only girl in my room, they changed me for another one, that was almost empty. I didn´t ask for it and I didn´t pay more for it, but I loved this attitude. It shows how they care with their guests. The place is clean, with a good atmosphere and nice people. Breakfast included, what is always a good thing, and amazing location, in the heart of Cidade Baixa, the bohemian neighborhood of Porto Alegre.

Really great place with a good vibe. The only negative I have is that the owner made me pay for half a night extra for hanging around in the hostel after I checked out until my bus left at 10:30 at night. I´m not sure what the rationale was for this extra charge (because I used their internet or something ridiculous like that). No other hostel has ever had a problem with me leaving my bags and staying around so I didn´t have to walk around dark streets in a dangerous country. Really petty stuff.

You were unfair with us. We work hard to provide more than a host, an amazing experience in our city. The practice of "Day use" is very common in many hostels. Of course you can leave your luggage at reception and we'll take care with greater care and you can stay a little in our area, and you not gonna be charged. "Day Use" is for people who want to use the structure (kitchen, bath, tv, take a nap in the sofa) for a symbolic price of R$ 15.00, for everything we offer, and stay until 11pm.

View all Porto Alegre Hostels