Cidade Baixa Hostel Reviews

Rua Sarmento Leite, 964, Porto Alegre, Brazil

The staff is really sweet. I payed for a mixed dorm but, when they realized I was the only girl in my room, they changed me for another one, that was almost empty. I didn´t ask for it and I didn´t pay more for it, but I loved this attitude. It shows how they care with their guests. The place is clean, with a good atmosphere and nice people. Breakfast included, what is always a good thing, and amazing location, in the heart of Cidade Baixa, the bohemian neighborhood of Porto Alegre.

Really great place with a good vibe. The only negative I have is that the owner made me pay for half a night extra for hanging around in the hostel after I checked out until my bus left at 10:30 at night. I´m not sure what the rationale was for this extra charge (because I used their internet or something ridiculous like that). No other hostel has ever had a problem with me leaving my bags and staying around so I didn´t have to walk around dark streets in a dangerous country. Really petty stuff.

You were unfair with us. We work hard to provide more than a host, an amazing experience in our city. The practice of "Day use" is very common in many hostels. Of course you can leave your luggage at reception and we'll take care with greater care and you can stay a little in our area, and you not gonna be charged. "Day Use" is for people who want to use the structure (kitchen, bath, tv, take a nap in the sofa) for a symbolic price of R$ 15.00, for everything we offer, and stay until 11pm.

Great hostel in the heart of Cidade Baixa. Close to stores, bars, restaurants and anything you will need. The hostel is a very well kept family run place and they go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay.

Good location; amongst lots of bars and restaurants and just down the road from the centre. The staff (especially Rogerio) are very keen to help you with any queries you may have. Good amount of space in rooms and breakfast is included!

I thought everything was perfect. The staff (made of one family) were all super friendly. I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it for others. Just great!

Anyone that gives this hostel less than 100% must be out of their minds. Great location, wonderful family run hostel. The family are so kind and welcoming, and really go out of their way to make sure you have the best possible experience in Porto Alegre. The rest of the staff there are also great people! Thank you so much for everything :)

We stayed one night in a 10 bed dorm. Locker was only big enough for a small bag. Only problem was inconsiderate guests no fault of the hostels. Breakfast was average but kitchen facilities were very good. There sitting is a nice common area. Perfect for one night stay

I met some great people here and the people running the hostel were awesome! Isnad helped me out with booking a bunch of things, and Rogerio took me out to play soccer with a bunch of friends. I'll stay here next time I'm in Porto Alegre!

View all Porto Alegre Hostels