Cidade Baixa Hostel Reviews

Rua Sarmento Leite, 964, Porto Alegre, Brazil

The family that runs this hostel is very friendly and welcoming, they are always happy to see you coming back from your sightseeing.

Great location for all the bars and nightlife. Staff were great and always willing to help. Only issue was lack of bathrooms, but the problem was being fixed whilst staying there. Would definetely recommend staying here when visiting Porto Alegre.

A very nice family run hostel, in a good location with a very nice breakfast and snacks available all day. Thank you!

CB Hostel is run by a fantastic Brazilian family who are very friendly and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Whenever i was around for lunch or dinner they always asked me to eat with them. I got to meet their friends and went out for drinks and got to hang out at the park with them. I'll go back there

• 19th Jul 2014

Great hostel, great hostel staff and owners! Truly a family-run place, and I really felt that I was included in the family. Thanks so much for everything!

Excelente localização, staffs atenciosos e um ambiente agradável para conviver. Acho que apenas faltou um pouco mais de opções ou apresentação do café-da-manhã: em outros hostels onde estive havia cereais e uma torradeira para esquentar o pão. No mais, ótimo lugar para ficar.

• 5th Jul 2014

management & staff make a great effort to be helpful ,which they always were.thank you.

i had an amazing experience there! perssonal really kind and frendly, i really recomend it! espectacular..

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Argentina

It lacks bathrooms, but the atmosphere, location and willingness to help from the staff is awsome.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Uruguay

New hostel in bar area of Porto Alegre. Very cramped in many areas

Location is perfect and the family who runs the place are great. Helpful, friendly and really want to realize a great place to stay. They could use a little more toilet facilities but for else, very good.

Best hostel experience I had in Brasil. I think I may have been one of the first ever guests. The young guy who set this place up with his family, Rogerio, was such a great guy. He showed me around the area, made sure I had everything I needed and had a great time. Only problem could be - if it was really, really busy - there might not be enough bathrooms/showerspace. But I'd definitely go back again.

Hi. I m Diego from Argentina. The first impression I had a minute after I crossed the door was a Chimarrao (Mate) that I was invited to drink The staff of CB hostel is amazing ! Rogerio, Alfredo, Everton, Victor made my stay incredible good They were very willing to help at any time. We had dinner a couple of times (hot dogs, Feijao) and We also hanged at night. I stayed there 4 days and It was better than I Expected. They gave me a ride a couple of times to buy some World Cup.

• 30th May 2014