Cidade Baixa Hostel Reviews

Rua Sarmento Leite, 964, Porto Alegre, Brazil

Great hostel in the heart of Cidade Baixa. Close to stores, bars, restaurants and anything you will need. The hostel is a very well kept family run place and they go out of their way to make sure you have a good stay.

Good location; amongst lots of bars and restaurants and just down the road from the centre. The staff (especially Rogerio) are very keen to help you with any queries you may have. Good amount of space in rooms and breakfast is included!

I thought everything was perfect. The staff (made of one family) were all super friendly. I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it for others. Just great!

Anyone that gives this hostel less than 100% must be out of their minds. Great location, wonderful family run hostel. The family are so kind and welcoming, and really go out of their way to make sure you have the best possible experience in Porto Alegre. The rest of the staff there are also great people! Thank you so much for everything :)

We stayed one night in a 10 bed dorm. Locker was only big enough for a small bag. Only problem was inconsiderate guests no fault of the hostels. Breakfast was average but kitchen facilities were very good. There sitting is a nice common area. Perfect for one night stay

I met some great people here and the people running the hostel were awesome! Isnad helped me out with booking a bunch of things, and Rogerio took me out to play soccer with a bunch of friends. I'll stay here next time I'm in Porto Alegre!

Very friendly staff and extremely clean place

In a hot place like Brazil, air-conditioning is must. Barely slept during the night because of the heat and the noise fan. The staff is amazing, felt welcomed as soon as I walked in.

• 13th Jan 2015

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I arrived after midnight without a valid reservation the receptionist offered me the sofa in the tv room and sabes me from a lot of hassle. Great location near bars and restaurants.

Good value for money. Well located.

I was here for Christmas, Rodgero is a top guy and will do everything to help you when you get there Kieran

staff were really accommodating and helped us out a lot with flight issues and taxis.really went out if their way to help us. didn't stay long but not as social atmosphere as other places in south America.

Friendly people, very welcoming and always helping you.

• 12th Dec 2014

It was a great hostel, with a huge living space and a large kitchen. It is in the middle of Cidade Baixa with a lot of nice restaurants and bars around. Would definitely recommend this to anyone going to Porto Alegre.

• 9th Dec 2014