Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca Reviews

Xicotencatl 121, Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Great little hostel in Oaxaca - arriving at 7am, the hostess was able to accommodate me and let me sit down, despite being 6 hours early for check in. Further help with tours and laundry facilities give it another edge as well as a very affordable dorm in the middle of the city. I did come in low season, but it was very quiet, with just myself in an 8 bed dorm on my second night, but all in all a great hostel!

Bed was horrible, springs chewed me up. WiFi not very good, breakfast was a joke, the layout of the rooms meant that I couldn't open my window because the room across could look right into it. Pool table useless, dirty, just a general bad vibe. I moved to La Villada up on the hillside for the SAME price and got a MUCH nicer experience. Room was only worth about half what I payed.

Friendly staff and great atmosphere. Very nice roof where you can have beer and meet the other guests. Shower was very poor though and the place is far from new.

At first it was quiet but gradually filled up, I enjoyed my stay there. Only thing was the water, the shower wasn't brilliant. Roof top was cool to relax and socialise, view is really nice. I would stay again.

Not very clean, good help with tours.

• 14th Aug 2015

Thanks Jaime for an awesome couple of days here, so friendly on arrival and throughout our stay. Great location close to the Zocalo and the staff always help out if you have any questions. The roof terrace is great. We loved it here!

Showers could be a lot better. They could also inform their guest about not throwing toilet paper in the toilet to avoid clogging it.

Very friendly, smaller hostel which felt like a home. I kept extending my stay because it was so comfortable!

Jaime and the rest of the staff were exceptionally helpful, understanding and friendly. My friend and I kept making changes to our plans and we received a lot of support and good vibes from everybody! And thats why I love this hostel for - understanding the life of a backpacker! Thank you guys!!

Truly enjoyed my stay at Cielo Rojo - Susana and her staff were wonderful, always helpful and even took us out into the Oaxaca nightlife. Will visit again.

The staff make this place, super friendly and helpful. Great place to stay

I definitely enjoyed the people the most, it was the rainy season. The Mitla double tour was pretty good

I had a really good time in Cielo Rojo, the staff are incredible, nice and they made me feel like part of their family. Equipo!!!

• 21st Apr 2015