Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca Reviews

Xicotencatl 121, Centro, Oaxaca, Mexico

Great breakfast! A bigger sign outside would be helpful as it is a little hard to find.

Great people and fantastic location. Highly recommended. The team at reception can help you out with anything you need around Oaxaca. Ask about their super cheap shuttle bus to Puerto Escondido if you're heading there next!

• 5th Aug 2014

The hostel.was great! We arrived late at night by bus. The cab driver dropped us off at a brothel about 8 blovks away from the hostel. The addresses are clearly marked make sure your cab driver brings ypu to the right place. :)

Cielo rojo was an absolute pleasure to stay! The friendliest and happiest staff of any hostel I've been to. So helpful, they even took us to a really cool festival while we were there. Was planning on staying 3 nights and ended up being there for a week. Prime position also, would recommend to anyone

• 24th Jul 2014

The staff were friendly and there were many interesting (in the positive sense) fellow guests to hang out with. When I was there it wasn't a boozing crowd but people who enjoy travel. There was morning yoga on the rooftop at the time I was there but I don't know if that is a regular thing. Breakfast was fine if not extravagant. I took a private room which was clean and comfortable, but also felt a bit of a fishbowl, with the window facing the courtyard. The location is very strategic.

Nice hostel with a helpful staff and great open areas and rooftop. Walking distance from everything! The lockers are small and the breakfast is very simple but fair.

the staff got up late to prepare the breakfast.the water stopped when I was washing my hair.that's very bad.

Really good hostel in the centre with a friendly atmosphere, there are few bathrooms/showers/toilets and the lockers are fairly small, but otherwise it's pretty perfect.

We loved this hostel! Booked for one night and stayed a week and rebooked for our return to Oaxaca. Great party atmosphere in the courtyard where everyone relaxes. Wonderful helpful staff, so caring when we were sick ad they even let me host yoga on the rooftop, which was a real bonus. Can't recommend enough!

• 10th Jul 2014

Great staff and atmosphere! I stayed here for (only) a night with a friend of mine and we both wished we could have stayed longer. Susi, Rodrigo and Kevin run the place very smoothly, and they are very nice and chill people. Anything you need, let them know and they are very helpful. I highly recommend this hostel!

I was there on a Saturday so the karaoke bar across the street might be heard until past midnight.

It's a great hostel!! Lots of open areas to meet people, the staff are super helpful and the rooftop is hectic. Walking distance from everything, would recommend this for people who are keen to meet new people and up for a good time !

Amazing hostel! SO CLEAN, so chill, staff amazingly helpful!

Cielo Rojo was a great experience! It was a great environment to be around. Plus, the staff and amazingly dedicated and extremely helpful in giving tips about the city, tours, and anything one needs help with. The owner, Susan, is a really great and chill person that opens the door to you and makes you feel at home.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Lovely place in a quiet street. Fair breakfast. The staff is very helpful.

Do the tours that the hostal offer!

Kitchen is very good, tours from hostel are cheap. The stuff is very helpful with advise about traveling buy yourself. The hot water seem to run out really fast during shower...dorms are not locked but they have lockers and storage. Privet room is really nice and cheap! Overall was very nice and good value for money.

Great facilities and an excellent, friendly staff. The location is convenient and it has a nice, mellow ambiance.

Super friendly Hostel. The People who works there are very helpful and committed... And we had a clean kitchen every day... :-)

Nice hostel located close to the centre. The staff were nice and the breakfasts were good.