Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 3rd floor, Riga, Latvia

One of the best hostel. Feels like your own home. Staff is too much friendly especially Dace & Krista. Staff always smiling and charming. And the most important thing is that you can also cook. Breakfast is amazing, the lovely lovely tastey tastey waffles. I will definitely miss this hostel.

Cinnamon Sally is a cute cozy hostel just outside the old town. I was coming from a really crazy hostel in Tallinn, so it was really nice to just be able to chill in the common room and have the option to socialize or just to do my own thing. Definitely not one of the more social hostels I've stayed in, though it is what you make of it. Very friendly staff who made waffles for us every morning! Unexpected perk. Everything was clean and cutely decorated.

A clean and cosy hostel in a great location. The staff was very friendly and the beds very comfy. Recommended to everyone!

One of the best Hostels I've ever been to. And the staff was really great. I'd recommend it to everyone!

Nice hostel with a really good atmosphere, you feel like at home !

Very clean hostel, solid wooden bunk beds, loads of facilities and free stuff to use. Friendly staff, baked me a wafel in the morning and provided good tips upon arrival. Was there halfway January, place was bit empty, suited me very well though, had a pleasent stay!

• 15th Jan 2016

I was only in town for one night in the middle of winter, but my experience at the hostel was so great that I plan to come back to Riga one day! There was a very fun, friendly atmosphere in the hostel, and the bedrooms were very clean! The girl working at the desk was extremely nice and helpful!

• 11th Jan 2016

It was cozy, comfortable, and welcoming.

Cinnamon Sally's is great, everyone had such a positive attitude! Lots of suggestions for things to do in town, but also a really comfortable atmosphere if you want to have an in night. And they have free waffle breakfasts every morning :)

Such a cozy and sociable hostel - I enjoyed every minute! Free waffle breakfast, great location, fun and helpful staff, clean, secure, reliable wifi, and perfect for the solo traveler. I will definitely stay here again if I get back to Riga , and I recommend it very highly to anyone considering time in Latvia :)

Thank you :) hope to see you soon back in Riga! Cheers & safe travels Sallies

Very nice and cosy atmosphere :) we really enjoyed our stay there and looking forward to return there :)

The girls at the front desk are amazing. They immediately upon arrival they provided us with a map and pointed out the best places to go around. The atmosphere is just one of the best features of this hostel. Meeting people is just so easy and relaxed. The only downside is that if you are going to play UNO there, they girls may want to use their own rules ;). Superb place. Going to say there again for sure.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay :) Yeaaah Uno is tricky, everyone is coming up with some slightly different rules every time ;) Cheers & safe travels

I loved cinnamon Sally's. I was in Latvia for 5 days and throughly enjoyed them with the suggestions of staff. Good location, within close walking distance of a mall, supermarket, old town and really cheap authentic Latvian food. I Would recommend!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, nice hot shower, free breakfast - would recommend it!

This was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at! Easy to find and at an excellent location, with spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff, really big lockers inside the dorm and a really nice and relaxed atmosphere. They have really got it right with this place.

This hostel was wonderful overall. I especially appreciated the staff's commitment to fostering a social atmosphere. Christmas was very nice with a potluck dinner that most everyone at the hostel attended. One major downside: there was one particularly unpleasant guest in the hostel that made many others feel very uncomfortable. When addressed with the staff, it seemed that not much was done to remedy the situation. I would have expected a more immediate and decisive action on their part.

Hi! Thanks for your review :) About the unpleasant guest, we did take care of that, in private manner, not in public. He did apologize to everyone :) It was a Christmas time- forgiveness time :) Cheers & we hope you to see you soon! xx sally

The best hostel I have ever stayed in first class many thanks

• 23rd Dec 2015

The girl working in the front desk, the DJ, the chef, the guide, the only staff in the hostel at the time while I was there, aka D, was awesome! Thanks for the Christmas Eve dinner!

Enjoyed the hostel a lot. The atmosphere and staff are awesome, very helpful and friendly. One of the cleanest hostels I've been to and the location is great (close to the central station, 5 minutes walk from Old Riga). The only concern I had is that you have to pass through McDonalds to get in, but there is a security guy on the entrance, so still quite ok. This is rather a hostel for a quite time off, than bar crawling or crazy nights out, which worked just perfectly well for me:)

• 18th Dec 2015