Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 3rd floor, Riga, Latvia

I wish I had something poetic to stay, but I'm tapped. This was one of the greatest places I stayed during my four month trip through Europe. It's clean, the staff are not only friendly they are familiar, and you'll be staying in Riga, one of the greatest cities in Europe. I might have also met the love of my life their. If she's not the one then she is the prototype. So, if you want to stay in a wicked and wonderful place and possibly fall in love this is your place.

This is what every hostel should be like. :) Very helpful staff with good tips, good beds, large living room... The only problem : if you open the windows, you will hear the traffic noise (and it is quite noisy). Ask staff for earplugs. ;)

A very feel at home atmosphere, everything was super clean, big beds, huge lockers and super nice staff !

The only negative was the temperature in the room it was just to warm and onlu one small window.It was a fan but mybe it should have been one more didnt sleep so much the 2 days. The people who stayed there and the staff was nice though. Wouldnt mind getting back there.

Its a bit hard to find because you have to walk trough McDonalds and the sign for the hostel is really small. The staff was really friendly, energetic and helpfull and the overall atmosphere was nice and relaxing.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed my stay here in Riga, and definitely recommend it. Only issues were the wifi didn't work too well in the rooms, but as the common area is big and comfy that wasn't too much of an issue. Friendly staff who are always happy to help, and organise something for guests each day.

It's located on the corner of big road, so it be noisy all day long. Otherwise, everything is great. Nice and helpful desk.

One of the very best hostels I've stayed in on my trip in Scandinavia and Baltic countries. Extremely clean, amazing staff, and many activities planned. The hostel is next to the train and bus station, and at the entrance to the old town. This was perfect for me. Only small problem is the tiny kitchen, and only one dinner table...so eat standing up or wait til much later to eat.

"Dacte" was a very nice person who helped a lot and we played games with her. :) A lot of social activities, which were nice and cheap. We went to the pub crawl and got a lot of discounts at bars - recommended! But also the free cinnamon rolls one evening and free morning waffles. We've been here twice and if we ever come to Riga, we will stay here again!

도로쪽이라 여름에 더워서 창문을 열어놓고 자는데 정말 시끄러워서 잘수가 없을정도. 오히려 거실은 안쪽이라 조용한데..방은 다 시끄럽다. 중앙역 앞이라 위치 좋고. 엘리베이터 있어서 편함

I've been there for two nights with my best friend (we are both 24) and it was amazing, great common room and kitchen, great stuff, very friendly and helpful, clean showers, good location, etc. to sum it up: definately an A*

Very clean and nice facilities. Very cosy common room ans chill staff. Very comfortable!

I stayed at Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel for 3 nights in July (a bed in 6-bed female dorm). I liked everything about this hostel! The only thing - rugs in showers. They were wet most of the time. But this is a small disadvantage in comparison with all advantages. So thank you for this lovely hostel! I hope i'll stay here again (some day)!*)

One of the best hostels in Europe. A cozy atmosphere where it's easy to meet fellow travellers. The staff are very friendly, they will help you with any queries and take your personal well being seriously. Don't stay anywhere else!

Truely an excellent hostel - helpful staff who can answer even the most complicated questions, beautiful and cozy common area, well equipped kitchens and clean bathrooms and toilets. Dorms are spacious and lockers can easily fit a big backpack. Location is perfect, just 5 min from the bus station. Also as an extra plus was the surprise breakfast waffels they served!

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Great place to stay. Clean, separate showers and toilets, friendly stuff, cosy beds, laptop that can be shared by everyone and HUGE lockers in the rooms. Also a nice common area. The only worry: When leaving the hostel (after check-out / or check-in and the room is not yet ready) the backpack is not locked in, but only put behind a curtain so that everyone can take it. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

IT was amazing! best place to stay in Riga

A great place with a nice atmosphere. Superb location and the staff was super helpful and friendly.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Estonia

A really good hostel in the centre of Riga that was very clean and had friendly staff that also organised events for people staying in the hostel. The bed were comfortable and the atmosphere was also really good aswell! All in all I had an enjoyable stay at Sally Cinnamon's and would recommend it to other travellers looking for a place to stay.

Well-run hostel in a building with a whole bunch of other hostels and a McDonalds. Doesn't get much more central than this - but that does mean you definitely hear the traffic! Friendly staff and good atmosphere in the common room.