Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 3rd floor, Riga, Latvia

It was an excellent experience living in Sally. First, the location is really convenient: 5 mins walk from the bus and train station, and it is really easy to find. The staff is very helpful. The room is very clean because no shoes are allowed in. There are several seperate bath rooms and toilets, and thus we don't need to wait. There are all kinds of cooking equipments and seasonings. Only one minor thing that can be improved: the floor-it is too noisy when people standing on the floor.

• 7th May 2015
  • China

Place is close to the bus terminal and old town and easy to find. Staff is very helpful and thoughtful. She taught me a nice restraunt near the hostel. I stayed in girls domitory. The room was clean and has big mirror and equipments for girls like hair dryer. And shower room was also clean and has enough space to change my clothes. Best hostel in Baltic countries I stayed in.

In cinnamon sally was great atmosphere and stuff was very pleasure

• 1st May 2015
  • Poland

One of the best hostels I've stayed at!!

staff is very friendly and helpfull. I have got very interesting informations about Riga and place where to go to visit, eat or just spend a comple of ours. Located very close to the old Ringa ( 5 minutes walk). Everything in the hostel is essential, there isn't nothing of special but when you have a bed, you can take a shower, eat and meet friends... you don't need enything else. Just place where sinks and toilets are located aren't the best.. to reach them you have to cross the living room

• 30th Apr 2015

We had a great time in the Cinammon Sally Backpackers Hostel! I felt like home the moment, we stepped in. Everything was warm and welcoming, the staff was great and very helpful (We hab a great time with Carl :)) Besides that the hostel was well equipt, everything you need you can find there. I think it's really the best hostel in the Baltics :) If I will go back to Riga some day, I'll definetely stay there again! Thank you :)

• 29th Apr 2015

Thanks guys :) You are the best! See you another time! Cheers

Location was ok. Nothing special. They serve waffle for breakfast but not really your breakfast. The staff talks like robert but they give information. It is just fine.

Breakfast is not advertised as included at our hostel, but we like to occasionally surprise our guests with a treat in the morning :) Talks like robert? We do not understand how you could score so low overall after we upgraded you free to a smaller dorm to allow you more privacy. If this score is some kind of revenge due to damaging our common laptop, and having to pay for those damages, we do not think that is fair to us, as it publicly presents a false statement of what our Hostel really is.

Friendly vibe in this hostel, a big common room where people can hang out with super comfy bean bags. Whether you want to party or just see the city it's a great spot right near the bus and train station.

Had a great time, nice vibe, nice people. Supermarkets, old town, restaurants, everything closeby... Would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone !

Cinnamon Sally's could hardly be in a better location. If you're arriving by bus or train it's only a few minutes away, and is within easy walking distance of Riga's Old Town and the Moscow District. The hostel, being pretty inconspicuous and well secured, feels like a safe place to leave possessions. The staff are friendly and very knowledgable about the city, there's a good collegiate atmosphere and a stay isn't going to break the bank. Overall, Cinnamon Sally is highly recommended.

Centrally located, Nice atmosphere, comfortable, Large locker. A little confusing getting from Bus station basically don’t go down the first tunnel/underpass after the railway bridge. Look ahead you see MacDonald , use the next tunne, it has a lift . 2. Money changing outside the Hostel is very expensive, the Norvik bank outlet in Cental market the entrance to Cheese & Meet stall -5 mins walk) or at Gogola rela (5 min walk) the exchange rate at both is better by about 30% it worth it.

• 17th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for your kindness and helpful advice… I will for sure come back there if I will be back to Riga !!! (the offered breakfast … just awesome ;))

The staff member Datze was amazing!!! It feels like staying at a mates place with really inclusive activities.

Best hostel I have ever stay in!! Recommended 100%!!!

Nice hostel, not much atmosphere

Great small clean hostel. Very helpful staff. Easy to reach from the airport and close to the Old Town of Riga. I would definitely stay there again! Sometimes you get free wafles for breakfast ;-)

Wonderful warm atmosphere

Cool people,nice activities, nice lounge. the place has many facilities, it's very cute and cozy! Cheap and nice! Totally recommend!

Great very chilla hostel, staff is very helpful, common area is large and great to meet other travellers, Riga is very small so the location is good, wifi works good, not a party hostel a very good chilled place

The hostel has a very receptive atmosphere. It has a really good location, near to markets and not far from the city center. The staff was very helpful and friendly, giving tips about what to do in the city. The bathrooms were well cleanedm the only problem was that you had to cross the 'living room' to get to the showers, which can be a little unconfortable.