Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Merkela 1, 3rd floor, Riga, Latvia

Extremely friendly and congenial staff. We so enjoyed our stay. We only had one day in Riga, the hostel staff made sure we knew what sights to see and where to eat - we all agreed that we'd love to come back to Riga and Cinnamon Sally's anytime. Thank you for being such wonderful hosts!!

This was the best hostel experience I've ever had. More included amenities and free food than you could possibly need, and all the staff were friendly, helpful, and happy. A wonderful atmosphere at a great little hostel.

This was my best hostel experience in Riga! The hostel is really clean, the staff - friendly and helpful. I had great holidays! Highly recommend this hostel!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Latvia

Best hostel I've stayed in in a long time! Facilities are maintained so well, everything pristine, and the staff are always welcoming and approachable and really facilitate a homely atmosphere where guests get to know each other. I had originally booked 2 nights but ended up staying for six, and this hostel was a great base to explore Riga and Latvia. Thanks for everything!

I had a great 1 night stay at Sally's. Arrived quite late at night but there was someone up to greet me and let me know where I might pop out for some food and what I could get up to the following day. Bed was comfortable, hostel very clean, very secure (great to have a decent sized locker). All guests and staff very friendly. What more can you ask for.

• 24th Sep 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Cinnamon Sallys. Perfect location, friendly staff. They made some great recommendations for where to drink, eat, etc. It was also one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. Security wise, we felt completely safe and the lockers are big.

• 24th Sep 2015

The nicest hostel you could hope for. Staff were always friendly and helpful, kitchen was well stocked and the hostel was kept clean and tidy throughout. Especially appreciated having towels provided!

• 23rd Sep 2015

A nice, friendly hostel in a great location. I like how you can grab a beer out of the fridge whenever you feel like it and just pay when you're checking out.

Extremely handy location for bus or trains, big supermarket nearby and old town 5 mins walk away. This is a great hostel, the big open room allows you to chat easily with other guests. I stayed in a private room and could have slept all day the bed was so comfortable! Staff are great, nothing is too much trouble.

GOOD LOCATION, GOOD ATMOSPHERE AND VERY CLEAN. IT LOCATES NEXT TO THE MAIN ROAD, SO YOU MAY BE WAKEN UP BY THE TRAFFIC LIGHT EVERY MORNING, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER FOR ME, THE BED IS SO COMFORTABLE THAT I HAVE GOOD SLEEP EVERY NIGHT, AND THE QUIET TIME FROM MIDNIGHT TO MORNING DOES WORK.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed at! Great atmosphere, really clean and super friendly staff. The location is perfect too. Would definitely recommend.

Really really good hostel!! It's pretty chilled and relaxed atmosphere, and the bar crawls are amazing! Would definitely stay here again if I go back to Riga

• 16th Sep 2015

Great, clean room and lounge. Well equipped kitchen and super nice lounge.

Loved the free waffles!!

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Very wam, friendly, relaxed, clean and cosy hostel. Being a little older than your average backpacker, and beginning to think I was past staying in hostels, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, had lockers for your valuables, had a no outdoor shoe policy around the hostel, a quiet time between midnight and 9am , fresh waffles for breakfast, and an honesty bar. Great place at a great price.

• 14th Sep 2015

What a brilliant hostel!! I can't wait to come back to visit - the staff were so welcoming and helpful and they really made the atmosphere a great one!!

It was the second time I cane in that hostel which is really the best one I visited (20 other hostels visited), everything was perfect, nothing to add, nice atmosphere, chdesign, good guests... It's a shame that there's no hostels like this in other destination! And, the price is a very good point too...

Great hostel! Location cant be better and the atmosphere is perfect for backpackers, the pubcrawl was really fun and an easy way to make new friends! The only thing I didnt like is one of the girls from the staff (the tattooed one) she was a bit rude and unpatient, besides that the rest of the staf was lovely! This hostel will make you feel at home no matter how far you are from it!

An absolute gem of a hostel. Best week in Riga, helped out by this place. Location could not be improved. Across the road is the train station, huge supermarket and it's less than 5 minutes walk to the Old Town, 10 minutes to the Bus station. Friendly staff, great pub crawl, spacious and clean dorms - fantastic common area, and oh, those free waffles...

Really good location. We stayed in the girls dorm so had the luxury of hairdryer, straighteners etc. Hostel was fab, and the breakfast was a nice touch. The woman who ran the reception had only been there a week and she was great. Forgot to take my shoes off a couple of times, but want scolded too badly. Also the fridge to buy drinks was great. Place quietens down a lot at midnight.