Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Truly the most basic of hostels. Detached from the main office, so no wifi in room. Had to walk up almost 70 steep and uneven stairs to our room - so be prepared! Room was fine and comfortable. Had to hold up the shower head myself while I showered (was broken) and the lock was sometimes tricky. However, great location and decent stay.

When arriving, I didn't know what to expect! We waited for check in and the man came at 1030 which is when he said he'd come. However if you don't come on the hour at the hour, you might have to wait for him. Him and his wife were very nice and spoke English. The hostel was clean and was close to the sea! I would stay here again for the price and location. The train is close too but I wouldn't stay for more than a weekend since there was 1 bathroom.

• 6th Sep 2014

We were shocked to find we stayed in the heart of the city which was amazing, everything was assessible, the owner was great i had previously read bad reviews but once meet him, he was great very attentive an sweet played the piano during the day an it whistled through the whole city, i would recommend this place to everyone.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAYING AT CINQUE TERRE HOLIDAYS! Worst place I've stayed in on my 5 week holiday. No wifi in rooms. When I went to look for wifi my keys did not work when I tried to get in at 12am. I got locked out and had to sleep in the cold on the doorstep. The owner was not around in the morning for me to complain. It was like staying in someone's dodgy apartment. Very basic. Kitchen utensils were dirty. No lockers for valuables.

• 26th Aug 2014

NEVER CHOOSE THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!!! The local is only the reception. The rooms is on the TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS. I'm serious, it was a travel to get there. We were 14 people e it was JUST ONE BATHROOM! Yes! We choose the room for 7 and it was a room for 6, 4 and 4. JUST ONE BATHROOM. And NO SHOWER! Just a really bad hose that you had to hold. And it didn't just remain warm or cold.. changed by itself! And how about kitchen??? hahahah NO kitchen, dude. Oh, and in every bedroom it was a marriage bed.

• 21st Aug 2014

Rooms not cleaned upon check in - only cleaned later in the afternoon. Super rude guy that showed me to my room, he didn't offer to help me carry my luggage up all those stairs even though I was clearly struggling. He didn't even wait for me. No secure place to store bags. And I was woken at 2 in the morning but some guy insisting that I was in his bed and that I should leave. Worst hostel experience ever.

Please don't go in this place. It'snt an hostel, they just rip off youths ! It's so so so dirty, archaique, cold water, and electricity... People who rent this flat migth be stop by the autorities !!! we paid 25 euros, but be valued at 5 or 10... s'il vous plait n'allez pas dans cette auberge de jeunesse. C'est une arnaque, une arnaque des jeunes gens sans argents ! Ce n'est d'ailleurs pas une auberge mais un logement vétuste cach dans le village, ils en ont 5 comme celui-ci.

• 20th Aug 2014

Don't stay here!

Apartment style rooms.. Good way to meet ppl. Definitely not the best hostel but would return.

The rooms that this hostel offers are ok and provide a good bar to see the towns. My main complaints would be the lack of a kitchen and common area to meet other travellers, it would be difficult to meet people if you are travelling alone.

If you're looking for somewhere to crash for a night this may do, however, it was one of my worst hotel/hostel experiences. Staff are rude and unhelpful, they refused to give my friend a double room because she was alone, I tried to move my booking one day forwards and I was hung up on. The room was basic, crowded and small but fine to sleep, there were cooking facilities but they weren't in working condition. There was another lovely hostel two minutes further up the hill which was much nicer.

just be prepared to climb some steps, the office of the hostel is in the main road but the place where you really stay is a little bit far, but with a great view.

Was a bit nervous after reading previous reviews. Walked into hostel and the guy was playing his piano and took for ages to actually serve us. All entertaining though! His sign also said "if I'm not here I'm at bar or on streets". He also had my name written down completely wrong but just said it will be fine anyway. Room was very squishy and up lots of stairs but that's Cinque Terre. You will have a great time if with good roommates and it's in the heart of Riomaggiore! No good lockers.

When we got to the reception, it was more like a small room full of crap.They had our booking reservation on a hand made paper, and the room was chosen at the moment, based on what was free. But the guy was really nice, answering to my questions about restaurants and places. We ended up doing a lot of stairs to reach an apartment at the top of the hill. There we got a double bed, the bathroom was a bit dirty, no coffee maker in the kitchen, but amazing view from the terrace, where you can eat.

• 11th Aug 2014

A hike up the hill was painful with a heavy bag. But the guesthouse was so cute. There was a balcony to eat at with a great view, free wifi that worked and great facilities. , the comfiest bed!

• 9th Aug 2014

The guy that runs everything is pretty unorganized and a little out there but I guess he gets the job done. The rooms are a little run down but everything worked and you have clean sheets. Each room is kind of like a little apartment with a whole bunch of random beds throughout it, it was nice having a kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven.

Great location and value if wanting to stay in Cinque Terra area on a budget, however many aspects of the hostel need to be improved especially the security, e.g no lock on front door, no lockers.

It's more of an apartment set up crammed together with 8-10 beds than a typical hostel. The kitchen was nice to have the extra room although not much worked (laundry, oven etc) The people we got placed with is what made it all completely worth it. Really great location though

• 6th Aug 2014

Very nice place. Clean and spacious. The wifi only available at reception (which is a ways away) is a hassle.

The check-in office is in the centre of the city, while the room is on the top of a hill. I brought a suitcase with me, so it was tired to go to the room. There is a beautiful scenery from the terrace. It is convenient for people that want to catch an early train, because we can leave freely at anytime. Just put the key in the box near the check-in office.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6