Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The owner/manager was never there. Wifi only worked down by the common area aka his office and he turned it off when he wasn't there. So don't count on having wifi while here. The room was fine, like an apartment, kind of outdated but definitely fit the town so it was cozy. Very close to the train station.

The most Italian place I've ever stayed at. The guy who runs it, organises everything with paper and sorta sits around playing piano. Rooms are old but fine, kinda like putting lots of beds in an old persons living room. No wifi but there are hotspots about town if you need it. Check in is before 7 when I think he just closes the door and keeps playing his keyboard.

Perfect for the price we payed. Not much service, though none was needed.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • India

This place didn't feel like a hostel at all which was awesome it was more like a comfortable home :) great place to stay to get a sense of the way the Italians live in this area

Don't expect a Backpaker or any kind of Northern Europe youth-hostel. Here is Italy. Travel Italien and you'll enjoy anything! :-) Anyway,owners are lovely and location perfect to enjoy the beauty of Cinque Terre.

Hostel was in an amazing location, we even got a cool view from our dorm. HOWEVER, the room we were put in was not at the address of reception. Also no wifi when I thought there would be (I think it says they have wifi on here?) Wasn't particularly clean but nothing terribly shocking. Had major problems with the door though, literally had to kick it to get it open.. so we just ended up leaving it unlocked most of the time.

The hostel wasn't as bad as the other reviews make it out to be. This isn't you typical hostel setting, but it is very unique. A group of 20 stayed here and we were all placed in different apartments, which was cool! obviously you are going to have to go up hills/stairs, the towns are built into mountains!!! Don't bring a lot of luggage, simply because you won't need it. Hostel owner was very nice and welcoming to our group!

Truly the most basic of hostels. Detached from the main office, so no wifi in room. Had to walk up almost 70 steep and uneven stairs to our room - so be prepared! Room was fine and comfortable. Had to hold up the shower head myself while I showered (was broken) and the lock was sometimes tricky. However, great location and decent stay.

When arriving, I didn't know what to expect! We waited for check in and the man came at 1030 which is when he said he'd come. However if you don't come on the hour at the hour, you might have to wait for him. Him and his wife were very nice and spoke English. The hostel was clean and was close to the sea! I would stay here again for the price and location. The train is close too but I wouldn't stay for more than a weekend since there was 1 bathroom.

• 6th Sep 2014

It was one-bedroom apartment like--room with a fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom. Overall clean and sanitary. Convenient location--easy to find, close to the train station, and mini markets eveywhere!

• 5th Sep 2014

We were shocked to find we stayed in the heart of the city which was amazing, everything was assessible, the owner was great i had previously read bad reviews but once meet him, he was great very attentive an sweet played the piano during the day an it whistled through the whole city, i would recommend this place to everyone.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAYING AT CINQUE TERRE HOLIDAYS! Worst place I've stayed in on my 5 week holiday. No wifi in rooms. When I went to look for wifi my keys did not work when I tried to get in at 12am. I got locked out and had to sleep in the cold on the doorstep. The owner was not around in the morning for me to complain. It was like staying in someone's dodgy apartment. Very basic. Kitchen utensils were dirty. No lockers for valuables.

• 26th Aug 2014

NEVER CHOOSE THIS HOSTEL!!!!!!!!! The local is only the reception. The rooms is on the TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS. I'm serious, it was a travel to get there. We were 14 people e it was JUST ONE BATHROOM! Yes! We choose the room for 7 and it was a room for 6, 4 and 4. JUST ONE BATHROOM. And NO SHOWER! Just a really bad hose that you had to hold. And it didn't just remain warm or cold.. changed by itself! And how about kitchen??? hahahah NO kitchen, dude. Oh, and in every bedroom it was a marriage bed.

Rooms not cleaned upon check in - only cleaned later in the afternoon. Super rude guy that showed me to my room, he didn't offer to help me carry my luggage up all those stairs even though I was clearly struggling. He didn't even wait for me. No secure place to store bags. And I was woken at 2 in the morning but some guy insisting that I was in his bed and that I should leave. Worst hostel experience ever.

Please don't go in this place. It'snt an hostel, they just rip off youths ! It's so so so dirty, archaique, cold water, and electricity... People who rent this flat migth be stop by the autorities !!! we paid 25 euros, but be valued at 5 or 10... s'il vous plait n'allez pas dans cette auberge de jeunesse. C'est une arnaque, une arnaque des jeunes gens sans argents ! Ce n'est d'ailleurs pas une auberge mais un logement vétuste cach dans le village, ils en ont 5 comme celui-ci.

• 20th Aug 2014

Don't stay here!

Apartment style rooms.. Good way to meet ppl. Definitely not the best hostel but would return.

The rooms that this hostel offers are ok and provide a good bar to see the towns. My main complaints would be the lack of a kitchen and common area to meet other travellers, it would be difficult to meet people if you are travelling alone.

If you're looking for somewhere to crash for a night this may do, however, it was one of my worst hotel/hostel experiences. Staff are rude and unhelpful, they refused to give my friend a double room because she was alone, I tried to move my booking one day forwards and I was hung up on. The room was basic, crowded and small but fine to sleep, there were cooking facilities but they weren't in working condition. There was another lovely hostel two minutes further up the hill which was much nicer.

just be prepared to climb some steps, the office of the hostel is in the main road but the place where you really stay is a little bit far, but with a great view.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4