Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The guy that runs everything is pretty unorganized and a little out there but I guess he gets the job done. The rooms are a little run down but everything worked and you have clean sheets. Each room is kind of like a little apartment with a whole bunch of random beds throughout it, it was nice having a kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven.

Great location and value if wanting to stay in Cinque Terra area on a budget, however many aspects of the hostel need to be improved especially the security, e.g no lock on front door, no lockers.

It's more of an apartment set up crammed together with 8-10 beds than a typical hostel. The kitchen was nice to have the extra room although not much worked (laundry, oven etc) The people we got placed with is what made it all completely worth it. Really great location though

• 6th Aug 2014

Very nice place. Clean and spacious. The wifi only available at reception (which is a ways away) is a hassle.

The check-in office is in the centre of the city, while the room is on the top of a hill. I brought a suitcase with me, so it was tired to go to the room. There is a beautiful scenery from the terrace. It is convenient for people that want to catch an early train, because we can leave freely at anytime. Just put the key in the box near the check-in office.

The hostel was more like an appartment with shared rooms and the lay out of the dorm rooms was slightly unusual but the view was amazing from our window at the top of the town! We could not get any wifi and there were no lockers for security but we really enjoyed our stay, you can get wifi in the towns and it seemed a really safe place so we were not too worried about leaving our bags open in the room

Pleasantly suprised with my stay here. Had read some horror comments but risked it anyway. No lockers or wifi in the room, so make sure to keep your belongings secure another way. Beds were comfy enough but was noisy at night / early morning with the road below as there is no air con or fans. But for a short stay to explore cinque terre it is a good location and one of the cheaper places to stay.

Was taken to an apartment away from the given address, but the location was very good and the room was quite spacious and clean as was the downstairs kitchen and bathroom area. Had a good dining room in yeh downstairs area. Keep in mind, a real lot of stairs. Lots.

Horrible place, very rude owner refused to help with anything, no locks on front door, rooms and bathroom filthy, shared 1 toilet/shower between 18 people, disgusting place, do not stay here!

The room was actually an apartment, which I shared with 4 boys and another girl. They were really good people, wihich made me less bothered about my choice of hostel. The owner took a lot of time to do the check in, but was kind enough with me. The room had a complete kitchen and a big fridge, and the wifi NEVER worked. But it was a good expernc because of the people who I met there!

All it needs is some wifi in the rooms! Everything else was great! Thanks for a fun week!

Apartment style accom. Very clean and spacious. The views are AMAZING!! I really enjoyed my time here. The neighborhood is just gorgeous. Short walk to cafés, food, restaurans, the beach, train etc. Loved it here

The room was up the mountain, and not on the main street, that should have been pointed out when I booked, especially as I was traveling with my family. The next morning we were a bit late for check out, the staff was practically standing in the room to get us out, no need for that either, we were already packing. In the house we stayed in, there were no facilities at all. An ok room to stay for a night, but nothing more.

The hostel office is in the town centre but the rooms are further up a long set of stairs on the mountain side (approximately 50 steps up), which was not indicated in our booking. The dorm was fairly clean and linen was provided, no wifi. The staff was not overly welcoming or friendly, however for the 2 nights we stayed the accommodation was OK.

Great hostel! Would definitely stay again.

Several people on here have complained about the hostel manager, but he's actually a really cool guy. Just talk to him. The place I stayed didn't have great security. The lock was a joke, and there are no lockers. Cinque Terre, in general, did not at all seem like an unsafe place, however. I wasn't worried. Essentially, it's a clean, spacious place to sleep in a beautiful, convenient town.

No lockers in rooms, and door that was only sometimes locked. But I doubt you'll find anywhere cheaper/more convenient to stay in Cinque Terre. This is basically just a company that puts beds in apartments. For me it was great though, I met a ton of new people, used the kitchen, the shower was great, and it was right in the middle of Riomaggiore, no need to take a bus or anything. No wifi, and by the office it's slow, but there are tons of little cafes and bars with wifi so you'll be okay!

Start with the good: this hostel is perfect for meeting great people! We had a blast staying there and making new friends. Not so good: no private lockers, so when someone forgot to properly lock the door, anyone could have stolen everything. The toilet doesn't flush properly, so every time someone did more than pee, it stuck around. Sorry for the image. The climb up to the apartment was excruciating, especially as a backpacker with 20 kilos on me. But it's a cliff town, so it's normal.

I enjoyed that my room had a kitchen. The place was a little bit on the older side but it was very clean and the town itself was my favorite of the 5 towns! Worth checking out

Really enjoyed our stay here. Yes, there were like a hundred steps up to our room but the view was incredible so worth it. There aren't any typical "hostel" choices to stay at in this town but we really enjoyed our stay here. The cleanliness could be better but the owners were nice and had nice facilities.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels