Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

It's a very old building, needed to climb some stairs but at least it's located at the centre. Bathroom cannot lock is a very serious issue because it's mixed gender sharing dorm. No hot shower sometimes. No wifi at all. The only thing you get is your bed and there is a kitchen for you to cook.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

This place is actually a range of apartments, so I can't comment for all, but ours was disappointing and just generally in poor condition. The door to the bathroom didn't shut properly (the inside handle was broken), and there was also an open window (so you could hear everything- particularly awkward as it's right next to the kitchen). The wifi is only at reception and only on when they guy is there- he often chooses to leave early or arrive late, so you can't judge when he'll be around.

If you're lucky your room will have a beautiful view, beware you may have a lot of stairs to climb, but it's worth it!

Points to improve: - Garden of the house was not taken care at all, what gives an immediate bad impression. - The entry room was totally disorganized - Decoration should be more than marilyn pictures. - The room could have a better cleaning. You have a great view over the sea from the garden. You could use it as one of your best assets. The location is not good, but you still have to be honest about it. I hope you make some effort to improve.

Cozy appartment feel. Not ideal for solo travellers.

My friend and I stayed in a double bed private room. Although there were about 7 flights of stairs to get to our room the climb was worth the incredible view. We had a patio over looking the harbor which offered an excellent place to hang out and enjoy the view. This was by far the best hostel I have stayed in yet. Amazing location and view! ( just pack light :))

Amazing views!

The owners were very friendly and polite =)

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

It was a great place to meet other travelers, since it was more like an apartment than hostel and people can hang out at the living room. The reception and the apartment I stayed in located right at the town centre so everything was within reach. But the apartment offered no lockers and the doors/ gates all looked a bit run-down, so it could be worrying when you go out. You also have to be able to trust other travelers, trust honest system. Washing machine was broken in the apartment.

Although the office locates at main street, the rooms (house) locate at a dark alley. Quite scary when returning at night, especially for single traveler. But inside the house, everything including decoration is localized. You can sense you are living in a Italian house but not just like staying in a hostel. Really love it.

The balcony area had not been cleaned and therefore could not be used.. Nothing could be sat on or touched without wiping it down first. In our room you could hear the noises from the adjoining room very clearly. I had the pleasure of enjoying a neighbors bath as I tried to sleep. Terrible set up. The room smelled of mildew. Not a serious effort at providing quality accommodations. I don't have inordinately high standards, but this room was way over priced for what was delivered.

• 22nd Jun 2014

We had the private double room with an ensuite at the top of the spiral staircase. The room had a partial view of the water. The room is tiny. Only big enough for the double bed. We had to store our backpacks under the bed. The toilet and shower are also tiny rooms. Only big enough for one person. There is a verandah also which was nice. It was almost bigger than the room. The location is amazing, 2 minutes and your on the street where all the shops are. For the price its a good stay.

The absolute worst I ever want to experience. The toilets didn't flush and the shower was completely gross. There was literally a hole in the bathroom wall filled with trash and goodness knows what else. The bedding was questionable and wasn't even changed before we arrived at the hostel. The location is the only positive if you ignore that there are between 10 and 15 flights of steep stone stairs to some of the apartments. The owner was rude and the price was INSANE for what we had. Thumbs down

The hostel was a bit of a hike up Riomaggiore, but definitely could have been worse. The people were helpful, just very busy and took a while to get to us when we were trying to check us in. My only real complaint was that there wasn't a locker or any place for me to lock up my stuff while we were gone for the day. Overall, it was slightly expensive, but one of the cheaper options anywhere in Cinque Terre, so we were happy.

Well located hostel, and the staff is awesome, always answered to all of our requests. There is no locker, but we felt really safe in Cinque Terre and that was not a problem. Sugestion: Let the wifi available all night long. It was not a big deal to live without wifi after 10pm, but it could be an improvement. Totally recommend it, keep the awesome work!

My dorm was super basic but the location was perfect. Bit sad there was no pretty view or anything but location was great... in the heart of riomaggiore and that's all that matters. Next time though I think I would stay in vernazza or manarolo...riomaggiore had less going on.

This hostel has a beautiful view of the ocean and a wonderful front patio. Although it is located not on the main road and it is quite the climb (about 15 min uphill) to get to it. Internet is only available during office hours and only at the main office, which is located far away from the hostel room. Great for a one night stay.

We were traveling in a group of 3 friends. When we arrived we were escorted to our room which was a 15 minute walk from the reception in the main part of town. The room was 1 bunk

We got a room with a sea view and kitchen which was nice! We had to walk 245 stairs to get to our room but I think anywhere you stay in cinque terre you would have this issue! You can only get wifi outside the main office between 10-8 which was a bit annoying, but otherwise was clean with good sized rooms.

Would not stay here for more than one night, we basically slept in a dorm in a room that was probably originally a dining room that got converted into a 3 bed dorm sleeper. Fairly unclean with drape-like bed sheets.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels