Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The staff hands you your key and shows you to your room! Nothing beyond that. I tried to ask questions and they had no answers for me and did not want to help. This hostel is awesome if you luck out with people you get along with! Perfect location at one of the best villages with the most beautiful sunset!

The man working at the desk (presumed owner) was extremely disorganized and rude. No computer all reservations hand written on paper. We were told to go for a swim when we asked for the wifi password (there was none). Had to pay in cash. The room was located 221 steps away from the office. First night we had a freezing shower because we weren't informed that we needed to turn on the hot water or where the switch was. No lockers in room, and no lock on room door. Bathroom filthy, no toilet seat!

This was like an apartment. Everything was a bit more basic it was really annoying we can't use Internet after staff leaves. I recommend u speak to staff about checking out later and leaving things and just one little annoyance can you put a handtowel in room to wash hands

There are many indescrepancies with what is a reality there and what is on the website. There is not wifi in your rooms and you only have access to it in front of the main office when he is still there. The building has a very sketchy atmosphere with facilities that don't seem reliable.

• 25th Jun 2015

The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The owner is obsessed with gardening, so there are flowers everywhere! We had to pay in cash. The owner is only available from 1030-1930. During that time, you can sit outside his office to use the wifi. No wifi in the rooms. My only complaint is that there are no lockers and no security. Great location though.

Not very clean and the set up in the rooms is very random and cluttered with unnecessary furniture. It was kind of expensive for the value of the place, and the staff were not helpful at all.

We had a lovely stay in Cinque Terre. When we firat got there we got a room which where at the top of the hill. The air was really bad. The next day we told the owner, and he was so kind to give us a new room!! The new room waa really clean, central and we got a private bathroom.

The view from the hostel was amazing. Full kitchen and a nice apartment set up. The hike up to the hostel was not ideal but worth it for the views. The only WiFi was down at the hostel office. I felt it was a little exoensive for what we got but I would stay there again.

This is by far the best hostile I've ever been to. It is a very inclusive environment run by an incredible staff of people who showed us a great time. You are sure to have a great time with Mikaela she's the best. I felt like I was a part of the Hostel One family the minute I was checked in. The nights out were a blast and with the day adventures we were able to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. 10/10 I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 19th Jun 2015

This is not an hostel. It is a desk, where you check in and out, the only place with wifi.... and the awful owner sends you to a room somewhere in town - when he's there I arrived a bit late in the evening on my first night : the desk was closed. I would've had to sleep on the street if it had'nt been for the 2 most generous american girls ever that invited me to sleep on their fully-booked hostel room floor with blankets and extra pillows. finallyt, rooms have no lockers.

It's a great location but the facilities are terrible. The door never locks, you have no lockers and the wifi is not good. I loved cinque terre because of the people I met and the fact I didn't have to be in the hostel very long!

After making it up the 250 stairs, I found out that the only wifi was at the office downstairs which stopped working at midnight.When I tried to open the window, the curtain rod and curtains fell onto my head. They had been broken and just placed back above the window. The toilet seat was broken. There is a seat/tub with a handheld shower head that no longer can be attached to the wall. There was zero water pressure IF you had any. Seemed like when someone was washing dishes, you cannot shower.

Kitchens are always lovely to have, but there were no extra toilets (some hostels have an extra one in the hallway or downstairs at least so there's not a line of people waiting to pee while someone is in the shower). Up Lots of stairs, but I think this just made it an authentic experience for the region!

The hosts made this stay very comfortable. Located in the heart of Riomaggiore, it was pretty easy for me to walk from place to place. One of the biggest downsides to living here is there is no Wifi in the room. As mentioned in comments below, this is not a typical hostel, but rather they are apartments around the city. Since none of them have Wifi, we can only use internet when the office is open. Otherwise, everything is great. Just make sure you get your plans set before coming here.

Great location! Really easy to find. Near train station.staff were very friendly and eager to help! Eduardo one of the employees there was very helpful. If it wasn't for him and our roommates we wouldn't have enjoyed our stay. When it comes to the room it's a bit runned down. Def would just recommend if ur only looking for a place to sleep and not spend much time in it. The wifi also only works in main office few houses down and gets turned off when office is close.

I really enjoyed my stay. Great view of the water. Helpful staff. Relaxing also here. I would stay here again. Good value for the money.

Owner is vile, demanding and abrupt - no 'Hello' only 'You pay now'. No receipt. Door to 'hostel' did not lock. Dorm simple, assylum-like beds, pile of odd junk in corner, dusty. 1 socket between 8. Simple kitchen - a lot of it broken. Kitchen linked to the bathroom, no privacy, glass door and odd window between it and the kitchen - no glass can hear everything. Offers WiFi - not in the room you have to sit outside his office on the main street, shuts it off when he leaves. €30 we were robbed!

just so you know what to expect, this hostel is at the top of 4-5 flights of stairs, but in exchange you get a beautiful view of the sea and stay in a picturesque neighborhood. the place was clean but had no wifi in the rooms, be prepared to climb a lot of stairs. the office is only open from ten thirty to sometime in the early evening, so plan accordingly. Nothing in town opens before ten am, and only the bars stay open past 8 pm.

It was very homey and comfortable. It had a great view and a nice staff. It was nothing fancy but its a hostel so you shouldn't expect it to be fancy. Overall, I had a great experience.

• 5th Jun 2015

Very nice and clean space. GREAT view of Riomaggiore! The stair climb to the room was a pleasant surprise and I, personally, thought it added to the experience!

View all Cinque Terre Hostels