Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Was a bit nervous after reading previous reviews. Walked into hostel and the guy was playing his piano and took for ages to actually serve us. All entertaining though! His sign also said "if I'm not here I'm at bar or on streets". He also had my name written down completely wrong but just said it will be fine anyway. Room was very squishy and up lots of stairs but that's Cinque Terre. You will have a great time if with good roommates and it's in the heart of Riomaggiore! No good lockers.

When we got to the reception, it was more like a small room full of crap.They had our booking reservation on a hand made paper, and the room was chosen at the moment, based on what was free. But the guy was really nice, answering to my questions about restaurants and places. We ended up doing a lot of stairs to reach an apartment at the top of the hill. There we got a double bed, the bathroom was a bit dirty, no coffee maker in the kitchen, but amazing view from the terrace, where you can eat.

• 11th Aug 2014

A hike up the hill was painful with a heavy bag. But the guesthouse was so cute. There was a balcony to eat at with a great view, free wifi that worked and great facilities. , the comfiest bed!

• 9th Aug 2014

The guy that runs everything is pretty unorganized and a little out there but I guess he gets the job done. The rooms are a little run down but everything worked and you have clean sheets. Each room is kind of like a little apartment with a whole bunch of random beds throughout it, it was nice having a kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven.

Great location and value if wanting to stay in Cinque Terra area on a budget, however many aspects of the hostel need to be improved especially the security, e.g no lock on front door, no lockers.

It's more of an apartment set up crammed together with 8-10 beds than a typical hostel. The kitchen was nice to have the extra room although not much worked (laundry, oven etc) The people we got placed with is what made it all completely worth it. Really great location though

• 6th Aug 2014

Very nice place. Clean and spacious. The wifi only available at reception (which is a ways away) is a hassle.

The check-in office is in the centre of the city, while the room is on the top of a hill. I brought a suitcase with me, so it was tired to go to the room. There is a beautiful scenery from the terrace. It is convenient for people that want to catch an early train, because we can leave freely at anytime. Just put the key in the box near the check-in office.

The hostel was more like an appartment with shared rooms and the lay out of the dorm rooms was slightly unusual but the view was amazing from our window at the top of the town! We could not get any wifi and there were no lockers for security but we really enjoyed our stay, you can get wifi in the towns and it seemed a really safe place so we were not too worried about leaving our bags open in the room

Pleasantly suprised with my stay here. Had read some horror comments but risked it anyway. No lockers or wifi in the room, so make sure to keep your belongings secure another way. Beds were comfy enough but was noisy at night / early morning with the road below as there is no air con or fans. But for a short stay to explore cinque terre it is a good location and one of the cheaper places to stay.

Was taken to an apartment away from the given address, but the location was very good and the room was quite spacious and clean as was the downstairs kitchen and bathroom area. Had a good dining room in yeh downstairs area. Keep in mind, a real lot of stairs. Lots.

Horrible place, very rude owner refused to help with anything, no locks on front door, rooms and bathroom filthy, shared 1 toilet/shower between 18 people, disgusting place, do not stay here!

The room was actually an apartment, which I shared with 4 boys and another girl. They were really good people, wihich made me less bothered about my choice of hostel. The owner took a lot of time to do the check in, but was kind enough with me. The room had a complete kitchen and a big fridge, and the wifi NEVER worked. But it was a good expernc because of the people who I met there!

All it needs is some wifi in the rooms! Everything else was great! Thanks for a fun week!

Apartment style accom. Very clean and spacious. The views are AMAZING!! I really enjoyed my time here. The neighborhood is just gorgeous. Short walk to cafés, food, restaurans, the beach, train etc. Loved it here

The room was up the mountain, and not on the main street, that should have been pointed out when I booked, especially as I was traveling with my family. The next morning we were a bit late for check out, the staff was practically standing in the room to get us out, no need for that either, we were already packing. In the house we stayed in, there were no facilities at all. An ok room to stay for a night, but nothing more.

The hostel office is in the town centre but the rooms are further up a long set of stairs on the mountain side (approximately 50 steps up), which was not indicated in our booking. The dorm was fairly clean and linen was provided, no wifi. The staff was not overly welcoming or friendly, however for the 2 nights we stayed the accommodation was OK.

Great hostel! Would definitely stay again.

Several people on here have complained about the hostel manager, but he's actually a really cool guy. Just talk to him. The place I stayed didn't have great security. The lock was a joke, and there are no lockers. Cinque Terre, in general, did not at all seem like an unsafe place, however. I wasn't worried. Essentially, it's a clean, spacious place to sleep in a beautiful, convenient town.

No lockers in rooms, and door that was only sometimes locked. But I doubt you'll find anywhere cheaper/more convenient to stay in Cinque Terre. This is basically just a company that puts beds in apartments. For me it was great though, I met a ton of new people, used the kitchen, the shower was great, and it was right in the middle of Riomaggiore, no need to take a bus or anything. No wifi, and by the office it's slow, but there are tons of little cafes and bars with wifi so you'll be okay!

View all Cinque Terre Hostels