Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Start with the good: this hostel is perfect for meeting great people! We had a blast staying there and making new friends. Not so good: no private lockers, so when someone forgot to properly lock the door, anyone could have stolen everything. The toilet doesn't flush properly, so every time someone did more than pee, it stuck around. Sorry for the image. The climb up to the apartment was excruciating, especially as a backpacker with 20 kilos on me. But it's a cliff town, so it's normal.

I enjoyed that my room had a kitchen. The place was a little bit on the older side but it was very clean and the town itself was my favorite of the 5 towns! Worth checking out

Really enjoyed our stay here. Yes, there were like a hundred steps up to our room but the view was incredible so worth it. There aren't any typical "hostel" choices to stay at in this town but we really enjoyed our stay here. The cleanliness could be better but the owners were nice and had nice facilities.

The hostel was not so much of a hostel as a group of randomly converted houses/units. The decorating in the room/bathroom was really creepy and weird and it didn't have a good vibe. The worst part about the hostel was the what seemed like a million stairs to reach the room from the main street. Overall the hostel wasn't terrible but I probably wouldn't stay there again just because of the weird atmosphere.

• 13th Jul 2014

When I was checking in for this hostel a lot of people were complaining about the owner and I thought this was going to be a big mistake. But I was just polite and played by his rules and he was super nice to our group. I was only there for one night but I thought it was great besides a sort of broken shower.

• 9th Jul 2014

The rooms had no safety boxes. This would have been the worst hostel i've ever slept in, if not for my lovely room mates. The hostel owner was very unhelpful, We tried calling him and he hung up with us twice.

View from our hostel was amazing, we spent most of our nights eating there and enjoying the sunset. Staff was good at best, not very helpful and we heard bad things from other guests. We had a cute little cottage and it was quirky but fun to stay in.

Owner was very rude upon arrival. Booking was not even written down (he has no computer system). Only accepts cash payment, does not give receipt, nor takes passport info. Owner swore at us when we asked about wifi and called us animals for having our feet on the foot rest in the common room which was rarely open. We think we got put in an overflow room that had rats in the ceiling and bugs all over the bathroom. Location is good but not worth the hassel of staying there. Would not recommend

• 8th Jul 2014

the room is in hill, but its ok. the most big problem is there is no wifi in room. others are good

The light was broken and had to be fixed inside the room. Weird, old bed covers... Didn't look clean. Very argumentative man who works at the check in counter, I saw him make a grown women nearly cry. Wifi is turned off at 7pm, what the crap, really? When do most people use wifi in vacation? After 7pm. Our door had an old rickety lock, anyone could have broken in if they wanted to. THERE THERE ARE NO LOCKERS. The bathroom was build to people under 4 feet tall. It's tiny.

Very cheap place to stay. The toilet seat was next to the toilet and there was tape keeping the shower together. The kitchen was very dirty when we arrived but someone came and cleaned it later. Room was on the hill up a bunch of stairs (some steep) so be careful booking if unable to do stairs!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The owner (or whoever he was) is not the friendliest and could care less about your troubles, but I liked him. He hooked it up in a private room with a great balcony my first night since there was confusion about my reservation (partially my fault). The next 3 nights I stayed in the dorm. Really odd set up. Don't expect your typical hostel. The room was clean and the kitchen was well equiped. The shower was like swimming in the Arctic. I met great people :)

Wonderful stay with great views despite the long walk up. Would have liked a kitchen. Very comfortable and views I will never forget.

Would stay again

Do not recommend anyone to stay at this hostel! The room is an old apartment with some beds distributed randomly in the living room and in two bedrooms - sharing the space with old furniture. There were no lockers, no wifi and no common area. Only one shower and one toilet (that were in very poor condition with no hot water, broken shower an the doors did not lock) for 10 people! We were charged 23 euros a night, it would be fair a maximum of 10 euros, only because of its location.

It'll be one of the worst hostels you'll ever say at but you'll still probably stay here because it's one of the cheapest In the area (not to say that it's cheap).

yes yupp are right yuo were the most nsignificant preople we met this week we do remember of you;

It's a very old building, needed to climb some stairs but at least it's located at the centre. Bathroom cannot lock is a very serious issue because it's mixed gender sharing dorm. No hot shower sometimes. No wifi at all. The only thing you get is your bed and there is a kitchen for you to cook.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

This place is actually a range of apartments, so I can't comment for all, but ours was disappointing and just generally in poor condition. The door to the bathroom didn't shut properly (the inside handle was broken), and there was also an open window (so you could hear everything- particularly awkward as it's right next to the kitchen). The wifi is only at reception and only on when they guy is there- he often chooses to leave early or arrive late, so you can't judge when he'll be around.

If you're lucky your room will have a beautiful view, beware you may have a lot of stairs to climb, but it's worth it!

Points to improve: - Garden of the house was not taken care at all, what gives an immediate bad impression. - The entry room was totally disorganized - Decoration should be more than marilyn pictures. - The room could have a better cleaning. You have a great view over the sea from the garden. You could use it as one of your best assets. The location is not good, but you still have to be honest about it. I hope you make some effort to improve.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels