Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

the room is in hill, but its ok. the most big problem is there is no wifi in room. others are good

The light was broken and had to be fixed inside the room. Weird, old bed covers... Didn't look clean. Very argumentative man who works at the check in counter, I saw him make a grown women nearly cry. Wifi is turned off at 7pm, what the crap, really? When do most people use wifi in vacation? After 7pm. Our door had an old rickety lock, anyone could have broken in if they wanted to. THERE THERE ARE NO LOCKERS. The bathroom was build to people under 4 feet tall. It's tiny.

Very cheap place to stay. The toilet seat was next to the toilet and there was tape keeping the shower together. The kitchen was very dirty when we arrived but someone came and cleaned it later. Room was on the hill up a bunch of stairs (some steep) so be careful booking if unable to do stairs!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The owner (or whoever he was) is not the friendliest and could care less about your troubles, but I liked him. He hooked it up in a private room with a great balcony my first night since there was confusion about my reservation (partially my fault). The next 3 nights I stayed in the dorm. Really odd set up. Don't expect your typical hostel. The room was clean and the kitchen was well equiped. The shower was like swimming in the Arctic. I met great people :)

Wonderful stay with great views despite the long walk up. Would have liked a kitchen. Very comfortable and views I will never forget.

Would stay again

Do not recommend anyone to stay at this hostel! The room is an old apartment with some beds distributed randomly in the living room and in two bedrooms - sharing the space with old furniture. There were no lockers, no wifi and no common area. Only one shower and one toilet (that were in very poor condition with no hot water, broken shower an the doors did not lock) for 10 people! We were charged 23 euros a night, it would be fair a maximum of 10 euros, only because of its location.

It'll be one of the worst hostels you'll ever say at but you'll still probably stay here because it's one of the cheapest In the area (not to say that it's cheap).

yes yupp are right yuo were the most nsignificant preople we met this week we do remember of you;

It's a very old building, needed to climb some stairs but at least it's located at the centre. Bathroom cannot lock is a very serious issue because it's mixed gender sharing dorm. No hot shower sometimes. No wifi at all. The only thing you get is your bed and there is a kitchen for you to cook.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

This place is actually a range of apartments, so I can't comment for all, but ours was disappointing and just generally in poor condition. The door to the bathroom didn't shut properly (the inside handle was broken), and there was also an open window (so you could hear everything- particularly awkward as it's right next to the kitchen). The wifi is only at reception and only on when they guy is there- he often chooses to leave early or arrive late, so you can't judge when he'll be around.

If you're lucky your room will have a beautiful view, beware you may have a lot of stairs to climb, but it's worth it!

Points to improve: - Garden of the house was not taken care at all, what gives an immediate bad impression. - The entry room was totally disorganized - Decoration should be more than marilyn pictures. - The room could have a better cleaning. You have a great view over the sea from the garden. You could use it as one of your best assets. The location is not good, but you still have to be honest about it. I hope you make some effort to improve.

Cozy appartment feel. Not ideal for solo travellers.

My friend and I stayed in a double bed private room. Although there were about 7 flights of stairs to get to our room the climb was worth the incredible view. We had a patio over looking the harbor which offered an excellent place to hang out and enjoy the view. This was by far the best hostel I have stayed in yet. Amazing location and view! ( just pack light :))

Amazing views!

The owners were very friendly and polite =)

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

It was a great place to meet other travelers, since it was more like an apartment than hostel and people can hang out at the living room. The reception and the apartment I stayed in located right at the town centre so everything was within reach. But the apartment offered no lockers and the doors/ gates all looked a bit run-down, so it could be worrying when you go out. You also have to be able to trust other travelers, trust honest system. Washing machine was broken in the apartment.

Although the office locates at main street, the rooms (house) locate at a dark alley. Quite scary when returning at night, especially for single traveler. But inside the house, everything including decoration is localized. You can sense you are living in a Italian house but not just like staying in a hostel. Really love it.

The balcony area had not been cleaned and therefore could not be used.. Nothing could be sat on or touched without wiping it down first. In our room you could hear the noises from the adjoining room very clearly. I had the pleasure of enjoying a neighbors bath as I tried to sleep. Terrible set up. The room smelled of mildew. Not a serious effort at providing quality accommodations. I don't have inordinately high standards, but this room was way over priced for what was delivered.

• 22nd Jun 2014

We had the private double room with an ensuite at the top of the spiral staircase. The room had a partial view of the water. The room is tiny. Only big enough for the double bed. We had to store our backpacks under the bed. The toilet and shower are also tiny rooms. Only big enough for one person. There is a verandah also which was nice. It was almost bigger than the room. The location is amazing, 2 minutes and your on the street where all the shops are. For the price its a good stay.

View all Cinque Terre Hostels