Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The hostel is perfecly located. The room are adorable and clean. But.. There's no wifi in the room and there's nobody at the reception... It's always written: Back at 12:30... Back at 2:30.. Etc They let a number that you can call so we had to ask a restaurant to call for us and they came in 30 minutes so we could finally check in!

The hostel advertises free wifi, it is only available immediately outside of the office which is a separate building from the rooms. In addition, the wifi is turned off when the office closes and it's open hours were very limited. It was closed every night when I got back around 8pm leaving me unable to contact my family. The beds were very poor quality and there was no way to adjust the temperature in the room. There were not enough outlets in the whole room for the 6 people staying there.

This place was not as expected. The address listed is only the office address, not the address for the actual hostel. When we arrived at the office, the owner took us to our room, up a maze of stairs, and then dropped us off in our room without explaining anything put checkout at 10. Our bathroom door didn't close completely and the place was dirty. We only stayed there for two nights thankfully, but anymore and it would have been awful.

Beautiful little room in a beautiful town. Less of a hostel in the way that there's no common room/all the rooms are spread over the small town, but nice self sufficient share rooms. The little passageways leading to the rooms are very charming, and the no-fuss, keyboard-playing host stays out of your way but is helpful. Good bathrooms and comfortable beds. Met some nice people in my room. Highly recommend if simplicity is your preference.

I would rather call it a small apartment than a hostel. The staff is very bad and not friendly. There are barely 2 electricity plugs that are located far from your bed. No wifi is available. the location is pretty good, in the first land of the 5 which makes it easier to reach anywhere. The beds are clean and also the bathroom is. The apartment is located in an old, depressing building. I would not recommend it to any one unless you guys want to save some money. I would not go there again.

• 6th Apr 2015

First off I read a lot of reviews about how much you have to climb to get to the rooms. Its Cinque Terre, everything is a hike to get to. So with that said...to make things easier on yourself, don't bring 1000lbs of luggage. Due to age I stayed in a private room and I loved it. The view from the patio was amazing. easy access to hiking trails and a very large comfortable bed. The staff was extremely friendly and offered to help carry my bags. WiFi is only at the reception office. A+++

No wifi in room, but great sea view!! It was a hike to get up tot the room so don't bring any large bags

A hike to get to the room after checking in but the view is worth it. No wifi is a pain because 3G doesn't work. Other than that we had a really comfortable and enjoyable stay.

The owner/manager was never there. Wifi only worked down by the common area aka his office and he turned it off when he wasn't there. So don't count on having wifi while here. The room was fine, like an apartment, kind of outdated but definitely fit the town so it was cozy. Very close to the train station.

The most Italian place I've ever stayed at. The guy who runs it, organises everything with paper and sorta sits around playing piano. Rooms are old but fine, kinda like putting lots of beds in an old persons living room. No wifi but there are hotspots about town if you need it. Check in is before 7 when I think he just closes the door and keeps playing his keyboard.

Perfect for the price we payed. Not much service, though none was needed.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • India

This place didn't feel like a hostel at all which was awesome it was more like a comfortable home :) great place to stay to get a sense of the way the Italians live in this area

Don't expect a Backpaker or any kind of Northern Europe youth-hostel. Here is Italy. Travel Italien and you'll enjoy anything! :-) Anyway,owners are lovely and location perfect to enjoy the beauty of Cinque Terre.

Hostel was in an amazing location, we even got a cool view from our dorm. HOWEVER, the room we were put in was not at the address of reception. Also no wifi when I thought there would be (I think it says they have wifi on here?) Wasn't particularly clean but nothing terribly shocking. Had major problems with the door though, literally had to kick it to get it open.. so we just ended up leaving it unlocked most of the time.

The hostel wasn't as bad as the other reviews make it out to be. This isn't you typical hostel setting, but it is very unique. A group of 20 stayed here and we were all placed in different apartments, which was cool! obviously you are going to have to go up hills/stairs, the towns are built into mountains!!! Don't bring a lot of luggage, simply because you won't need it. Hostel owner was very nice and welcoming to our group!

Truly the most basic of hostels. Detached from the main office, so no wifi in room. Had to walk up almost 70 steep and uneven stairs to our room - so be prepared! Room was fine and comfortable. Had to hold up the shower head myself while I showered (was broken) and the lock was sometimes tricky. However, great location and decent stay.

When arriving, I didn't know what to expect! We waited for check in and the man came at 1030 which is when he said he'd come. However if you don't come on the hour at the hour, you might have to wait for him. Him and his wife were very nice and spoke English. The hostel was clean and was close to the sea! I would stay here again for the price and location. The train is close too but I wouldn't stay for more than a weekend since there was 1 bathroom.

• 6th Sep 2014

It was one-bedroom apartment like--room with a fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom. Overall clean and sanitary. Convenient location--easy to find, close to the train station, and mini markets eveywhere!

• 5th Sep 2014

We were shocked to find we stayed in the heart of the city which was amazing, everything was assessible, the owner was great i had previously read bad reviews but once meet him, he was great very attentive an sweet played the piano during the day an it whistled through the whole city, i would recommend this place to everyone.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND STAYING AT CINQUE TERRE HOLIDAYS! Worst place I've stayed in on my 5 week holiday. No wifi in rooms. When I went to look for wifi my keys did not work when I tried to get in at 12am. I got locked out and had to sleep in the cold on the doorstep. The owner was not around in the morning for me to complain. It was like staying in someone's dodgy apartment. Very basic. Kitchen utensils were dirty. No lockers for valuables.

• 26th Aug 2014