Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

The man working at the desk (presumed owner) was extremely disorganized and rude. No computer all reservations hand written on paper. We were told to go for a swim when we asked for the wifi password (there was none). Had to pay in cash. The room was located 221 steps away from the office. First night we had a freezing shower because we weren't informed that we needed to turn on the hot water or where the switch was. No lockers in room, and no lock on room door. Bathroom filthy, no toilet seat!

• 26th Jun 2015

There are many indescrepancies with what is a reality there and what is on the website. There is not wifi in your rooms and you only have access to it in front of the main office when he is still there. The building has a very sketchy atmosphere with facilities that don't seem reliable.

• 25th Jun 2015

The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The owner is obsessed with gardening, so there are flowers everywhere! We had to pay in cash. The owner is only available from 1030-1930. During that time, you can sit outside his office to use the wifi. No wifi in the rooms. My only complaint is that there are no lockers and no security. Great location though.

We had a lovely stay in Cinque Terre. When we firat got there we got a room which where at the top of the hill. The air was really bad. The next day we told the owner, and he was so kind to give us a new room!! The new room waa really clean, central and we got a private bathroom.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Norway

The view from the hostel was amazing. Full kitchen and a nice apartment set up. The hike up to the hostel was not ideal but worth it for the views. The only WiFi was down at the hostel office. I felt it was a little exoensive for what we got but I would stay there again.

This is by far the best hostile I've ever been to. It is a very inclusive environment run by an incredible staff of people who showed us a great time. You are sure to have a great time with Mikaela she's the best. I felt like I was a part of the Hostel One family the minute I was checked in. The nights out were a blast and with the day adventures we were able to thoroughly enjoy ourselves. 10/10 I would recommend this place to anyone.

• 19th Jun 2015

This is not an hostel. It is a desk, where you check in and out, the only place with wifi.... and the awful owner sends you to a room somewhere in town - when he's there I arrived a bit late in the evening on my first night : the desk was closed. I would've had to sleep on the street if it had'nt been for the 2 most generous american girls ever that invited me to sleep on their fully-booked hostel room floor with blankets and extra pillows. finallyt, rooms have no lockers.

It's a great location but the facilities are terrible. The door never locks, you have no lockers and the wifi is not good. I loved cinque terre because of the people I met and the fact I didn't have to be in the hostel very long!

Kitchens are always lovely to have, but there were no extra toilets (some hostels have an extra one in the hallway or downstairs at least so there's not a line of people waiting to pee while someone is in the shower). Up Lots of stairs, but I think this just made it an authentic experience for the region!

The hosts made this stay very comfortable. Located in the heart of Riomaggiore, it was pretty easy for me to walk from place to place. One of the biggest downsides to living here is there is no Wifi in the room. As mentioned in comments below, this is not a typical hostel, but rather they are apartments around the city. Since none of them have Wifi, we can only use internet when the office is open. Otherwise, everything is great. Just make sure you get your plans set before coming here.

Great location! Really easy to find. Near train station.staff were very friendly and eager to help! Eduardo one of the employees there was very helpful. If it wasn't for him and our roommates we wouldn't have enjoyed our stay. When it comes to the room it's a bit runned down. Def would just recommend if ur only looking for a place to sleep and not spend much time in it. The wifi also only works in main office few houses down and gets turned off when office is close.

I really enjoyed my stay. Great view of the water. Helpful staff. Relaxing also here. I would stay here again. Good value for the money.

Owner is vile, demanding and abrupt - no 'Hello' only 'You pay now'. No receipt. Door to 'hostel' did not lock. Dorm simple, assylum-like beds, pile of odd junk in corner, dusty. 1 socket between 8. Simple kitchen - a lot of it broken. Kitchen linked to the bathroom, no privacy, glass door and odd window between it and the kitchen - no glass can hear everything. Offers WiFi - not in the room you have to sit outside his office on the main street, shuts it off when he leaves. €30 we were robbed!

just so you know what to expect, this hostel is at the top of 4-5 flights of stairs, but in exchange you get a beautiful view of the sea and stay in a picturesque neighborhood. the place was clean but had no wifi in the rooms, be prepared to climb a lot of stairs. the office is only open from ten thirty to sometime in the early evening, so plan accordingly. Nothing in town opens before ten am, and only the bars stay open past 8 pm.

It was very homey and comfortable. It had a great view and a nice staff. It was nothing fancy but its a hostel so you shouldn't expect it to be fancy. Overall, I had a great experience.

• 5th Jun 2015

Very nice and clean space. GREAT view of Riomaggiore! The stair climb to the room was a pleasant surprise and I, personally, thought it added to the experience!

• 5th Jun 2015

This place was an amazing value. My girlfriend and I had a little apartment by the church/castle on top of a hill in Riomaggiore. We had a patio over looking the ocean which was hidden from the street by beautiful flowers and vines. It is a steep hike to get to the apartment, but only about 5 minutes from the Main Street and the view is unbeatable for the price. Room is simple, with a bed and refrigerator, but that is all you need... you should be spending most of your time outdoors.

• 4th Jun 2015

Don't be fooled when they say it's just a 2 minute walk from the train station- that's just to get to the office not to your actual room which will be up approximately 200 stairs. The room I stayed in only had two lockers for 6 of us but was like a mini apartment with a kitchen, dining room, and small terrace. Not my favorite hostel but one of the only options in riomaggiore so it was acceptable.

Owner was really chill

Cinque Terre Holidays has an amazing location. The travelers we met there were also great. However, the sleeping arrangement was a bit cramped and the bathroom was tiny (and only 1 for 9 people). It was cleaned pretty well but the sink didn't drain the the toilet seat was broken. The living quarters were also quite small. If you don't care much about the place you're staying but want something cheap and in the heart of the action, this is your place. We didn't interact with the staff much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7