Cinque Terre Holidays Reviews

Via Colombo 94, Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre, Italy

Rooms not cleaned upon check in - only cleaned later in the afternoon. Super rude guy that showed me to my room, he didn't offer to help me carry my luggage up all those stairs even though I was clearly struggling. He didn't even wait for me. No secure place to store bags. And I was woken at 2 in the morning but some guy insisting that I was in his bed and that I should leave. Worst hostel experience ever.

Please don't go in this place. It'snt an hostel, they just rip off youths ! It's so so so dirty, archaique, cold water, and electricity... People who rent this flat migth be stop by the autorities !!! we paid 25 euros, but be valued at 5 or 10... s'il vous plait n'allez pas dans cette auberge de jeunesse. C'est une arnaque, une arnaque des jeunes gens sans argents ! Ce n'est d'ailleurs pas une auberge mais un logement vétuste cach dans le village, ils en ont 5 comme celui-ci.

• 20th Aug 2014

Don't stay here!

Apartment style rooms.. Good way to meet ppl. Definitely not the best hostel but would return.

The rooms that this hostel offers are ok and provide a good bar to see the towns. My main complaints would be the lack of a kitchen and common area to meet other travellers, it would be difficult to meet people if you are travelling alone.

If you're looking for somewhere to crash for a night this may do, however, it was one of my worst hotel/hostel experiences. Staff are rude and unhelpful, they refused to give my friend a double room because she was alone, I tried to move my booking one day forwards and I was hung up on. The room was basic, crowded and small but fine to sleep, there were cooking facilities but they weren't in working condition. There was another lovely hostel two minutes further up the hill which was much nicer.

just be prepared to climb some steps, the office of the hostel is in the main road but the place where you really stay is a little bit far, but with a great view.

Was a bit nervous after reading previous reviews. Walked into hostel and the guy was playing his piano and took for ages to actually serve us. All entertaining though! His sign also said "if I'm not here I'm at bar or on streets". He also had my name written down completely wrong but just said it will be fine anyway. Room was very squishy and up lots of stairs but that's Cinque Terre. You will have a great time if with good roommates and it's in the heart of Riomaggiore! No good lockers.

When we got to the reception, it was more like a small room full of crap.They had our booking reservation on a hand made paper, and the room was chosen at the moment, based on what was free. But the guy was really nice, answering to my questions about restaurants and places. We ended up doing a lot of stairs to reach an apartment at the top of the hill. There we got a double bed, the bathroom was a bit dirty, no coffee maker in the kitchen, but amazing view from the terrace, where you can eat.

• 11th Aug 2014

A hike up the hill was painful with a heavy bag. But the guesthouse was so cute. There was a balcony to eat at with a great view, free wifi that worked and great facilities. , the comfiest bed!

• 9th Aug 2014

The guy that runs everything is pretty unorganized and a little out there but I guess he gets the job done. The rooms are a little run down but everything worked and you have clean sheets. Each room is kind of like a little apartment with a whole bunch of random beds throughout it, it was nice having a kitchen with a refrigerator and an oven.

Great location and value if wanting to stay in Cinque Terra area on a budget, however many aspects of the hostel need to be improved especially the security, e.g no lock on front door, no lockers.

It's more of an apartment set up crammed together with 8-10 beds than a typical hostel. The kitchen was nice to have the extra room although not much worked (laundry, oven etc) The people we got placed with is what made it all completely worth it. Really great location though

• 6th Aug 2014

Very nice place. Clean and spacious. The wifi only available at reception (which is a ways away) is a hassle.

The check-in office is in the centre of the city, while the room is on the top of a hill. I brought a suitcase with me, so it was tired to go to the room. There is a beautiful scenery from the terrace. It is convenient for people that want to catch an early train, because we can leave freely at anytime. Just put the key in the box near the check-in office.

The hostel was more like an appartment with shared rooms and the lay out of the dorm rooms was slightly unusual but the view was amazing from our window at the top of the town! We could not get any wifi and there were no lockers for security but we really enjoyed our stay, you can get wifi in the towns and it seemed a really safe place so we were not too worried about leaving our bags open in the room

Pleasantly suprised with my stay here. Had read some horror comments but risked it anyway. No lockers or wifi in the room, so make sure to keep your belongings secure another way. Beds were comfy enough but was noisy at night / early morning with the road below as there is no air con or fans. But for a short stay to explore cinque terre it is a good location and one of the cheaper places to stay.

Was taken to an apartment away from the given address, but the location was very good and the room was quite spacious and clean as was the downstairs kitchen and bathroom area. Had a good dining room in yeh downstairs area. Keep in mind, a real lot of stairs. Lots.

Horrible place, very rude owner refused to help with anything, no locks on front door, rooms and bathroom filthy, shared 1 toilet/shower between 18 people, disgusting place, do not stay here!

The room was actually an apartment, which I shared with 4 boys and another girl. They were really good people, wihich made me less bothered about my choice of hostel. The owner took a lot of time to do the check in, but was kind enough with me. The room had a complete kitchen and a big fridge, and the wifi NEVER worked. But it was a good expernc because of the people who I met there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7