Circus Hostel Reviews

Weinbergsweg 1a, 10119, Berlin, Germany

Large rooms, good location, clean hostel. Only drawbacks are lack of air con (it was particularly hot when I was in Berlin) and the lockers in the room. The lockers are very small and only suitable for keeping a few items in - you can't fit even a small rucksack inside. They do have storage for large bags in the basement, but that's less convenient than what you might find elsewhere. Bar is pretty good, but didn't have much atmosphere - would recommend going elsewhere in the evenings

I stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bathroom was a bit small but clean, the shower was clean aswell, I've seen way worse. When I was checking out they charged me double, and when I got the receipt I went back. They completely refunded me and gave me a free breakfast voucher(which is really good btw). Overall this hostel is really nice, the location is perfect, the atmosphere is fun, I would stay again.

Stayed in a private apartment that was incredibly clean and had everything we needed. Close to the underground station to get all over Berlin. Would definitely come back!

Put a set of lockers (even just under-bed) in the room. I wasn't ever worried about theft but the tiny bedside "locker" wasn't nearly large enough to store much more than a tablet and few small items (wallet/keys etc).

• 12th Jul 2014
  • danielhtrauner

This was the cleanest and quietest(inside) hostel I've stayed in. The only drawback was the neighborhood is a bit rowdy an loud throughout the night but it's also in a pretty busy/central area which was good. Staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. Thanks

I loved this hostel! I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Berlin!! Ticks ALL the boxes!! If I had to be bit picky and pick one thing - The one and only fault.. No kitchen.. Although there are so many great food options close by it wasn't an issue for us. Even the breakfast which you have to pay for is soo worth it! I'd rather get a good breakfast for 5€ then get a crappy one included and have to go and buy breakfast anyway!

Big thanks to the staff of the hostel! They were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Kyrgyzstan

Great hostel stayed here for 2 nights, very secure and clean. Big plus there is a bar down the stairs.

Excellent hostel, access to everything right outside the door. If you're looking for quiet, I wouldn't chose this place. Very active corner in Berlin (a plus for me). Staff was super helpful. Bar downstairs was cool, I like that it's not the main lobby. I felt very safe. Huge rooms with private lockers by bed with outlets. Tons of showers and bathrooms on hall. Great place.

I was very impressed with this hostel, so modern and made my stay in Berlin. Great value for money, atmosphere and very friendly staff, couldn't fault a thing!

Excellent hostel, the installations are top-level, the staff friendly and helpful and the downstairs lounge bar just great.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The people there were friendly and fun. Welcoming. Watched the SuperBowl.

I loved the Circus. Clean, comfy beds, free walking tours, a central location right near a u-bahn stop, a pretty great bar, and above all, a great sense of community amongst the staff and travelers. It was easy to make friends and plans with our fellow travelers. The atmosphere at Circus is really something special.

This hostel has everything you could need. Great location, very spacious and very clean.

I recently stayed at the Circus hostel in June 2014 and this was my second visit, previously staying there in January 2012. Once again, the hostel was great and during the world cup, there was an awesome atmosphere all through the hostel and down in the bar. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room which was great although a sink in the room would have been handy. That being said, there was a bathroom right across the hallway from our room so that was ok. Great hostel nonetheless once again!

How hostels are meant to be! Can honestly say this was in top 5 hostels I have stayed in.

• 27th Jun 2014

Really lovely hostel. The breakfast and bar facilities were brilliant and the staff were very helpful. Overall, a nice place to stay. I would stay here again.

Staff really nice, excellent breakfast. Metro station right there or 15 minutes walk to Alexanderplatz. Location wise it is perfect. Right in the core of East Berlin. Go up the hill and you find many small caffes where you can have lunch breakfast or dinner. We forgot our towels the guy at the reception was really kind to provide them for free. Our room had a private safe, so that we don't have to worry bringing our stuff around.

This is a great hostel, our flight was very delayed so we arrived about 2 o'clock in the morning but this was no problem. Staff were very helpful, rooms and bathrooms were clean and it is an excellent city centre location -within walking distance of everything you want. Would highly recomend this hostel.

Perfect location, nice and friendly atmosphere in a clean and artistic hostel.

• 25th Jun 2014