Circus Hostel Reviews

Weinbergsweg 1a, 10119, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel experience. Cool that they have a cafe upstairs and a nice bar downstairs. Good wifi as well.

We stayed in one of the apartments for the weekend. The lobby was really cool and the staff were very friendly and helpful the atmosphere was great and the room was beautiful with a great view of the city! Would definitely stay there again ! Thank you

The staff was always extremely helpful. I loved the little services like slips of paper with directions, the ability to purchase cheaper transit passes, and free wifi. The breakfast service was good and fairly priced. I also found both the room and bed super comfortable and clean! I also felt the Circus was extremely safe and secure, both for myself and my belongings. As a solo traveler, first time in Berlin, the Circus was amazing. Only picky criticism: the bathroom sinks were never that clean.

• 11th Apr 2014

The hostel really big and well located in Berlin, just didn't like that they only have a small locker and it wasn't working properly

I am happy to hear that you liked our central location. At the moment we only have small lockers in the rooms. We check our rooms regularly, but unfortunately your dysfunctional locker has not been noticed. We always ask our guests to come to us if there are any issues. I am sure that our handyman team is able to fix the locker. In addition we also provide a safe behind the reception and big lockers in our locker room. I hope I can welcome you any time soon. Cheers Jurgen Hostel Manager

The breakfast was incredible!

Security may be a problem, because when we checked in, the reception told me that there would be nine people in our room, but actually there are ten. It means that the guy who moved in at last didn't check in and didn't pay for his bed. We all felt scared about this guy who was abnormal.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • China

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't feel comfortable in your room, as it is our job to make sure you feel secure at any time. Sometimes we do have people checking in without an advance booking, which of course the receptionist would not have known about in advance. Please be assured that our guests do need a keycard to enter the rooms, so it is nearly impossible for somebody to enter without us knowing. I hope to welcome you any time soon. kind regards, Jurgen Breedijk Hostel Manager

Circus Hostel is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Aside from the fact that it's really cutely decorated, the location is awesome (really central & by a UBahn stop) & the staff is really helpful. I got my wallet stolen my first night & one of the night guys walked me to the police station, waited with me, & translated the officer's questions. The 5 euro all you can eat breakfast is worth it. The nearby restaurants are really good too (Curry Mitte!!!). Stay at Circus if you go to Berlin

Amazing and unique hostel, felt like a Vegas hotel. Very clean. Soft beds. Very friendly staff who are willing to help out in any way.

The hostel exceeded my expectations! It felt like I was staying in a hotel! Wonderful experience!

• 14th Mar 2014

you will not be disappointment...

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Serbia

Always stay here when in town: perfect location for good bars and restaurants, friendliest staff I've ever come across and great rooms (good views, clean, great showers, non squeaking beds!)

• 6th Mar 2014

Decent hostel- in a very noisy place in the city.

Perfect, as always!

I still like this hostel very much. Very well run. But management have renovated the bar since I last stayed. I can see what they are trying to achieve, but hasn't really worked - the upstairs bar has zero atmosphere. Too well lit, feels like the breakfast room...which it is. I would still recommend the hostel, but not as good as it used to be for solo travellers.

Loved the small touches- free printing, handy breakfast, events/ tours/ free drinks arranged through hostel- it felt very proactive and friendly. Super location. Clean and very security conscious noting the swipe cards into each area on each floor.

Fantastic hostel in a great location . Staff are really warm and friendly and full of information . The facilities and rooms were spotlessly clean . The decor is fresh and fun . The bar downstairs had a great atmosphere and a special mention to the lovely bar maid who was so kind . Would definitely stay here again !

• 6th Feb 2014

Great hostel. Good sized rooms, friendly staff. Not a big common space but good bar downstairs and cafe. Right next to the subway, walkable from the train station (if you like to walk, takes about 20 minutes). About a 20 minute walk to main attractions.

Amazing place, great location. I will definitely be back.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in! We had a spacious 4-bed dorm and each bed had a lockable cabinet with a power socket inside - genius! The hostel was very clean and secure and staff were super-friendly and helpful. Showers were always clean and had better water pressure than mine at home! There's a cafe attached with an all-you-can-eat breakfast spread for €5 and a bar downstairs with cheap drinks. There's both a tram and U-bahn station right outside so easy to get around. Recommended!

This was such a fun hostel. As a lone traveller I found it easy to make friends. The facilities are good and everything was clean. Staff were all quite wonderful. For a large hotel like hostel I thought it had really good backpacker vibes. They have a bar downstairs which serves a free keg of beer every Thursday.

« first « Prev 1 2 3