Citadel Youth Hostel Reviews

Jerusalem Old city Jaffa gate, 20 st Marks road, Jerusalem, Israel

Unfortunately the toilets and the cleanliness was not enough, even if the price is really one of the lowest one. Even, they don't accept credit card... Instead, the location and the staff is awesome!

• 13th Oct 2014

the mattresses are old...how many people, You're just another one, the place is only chosen because the location is good, only this.

The hostel is full of people,but there ain't enough space for all of them. too less showers

Like the place but it was no aircondining in the room. And could hear the other guests all the time. So couldent sleep so good.

The hostel was a fantastic place to meet people from all walks of life. The location is amazing and the view from the roof is stunning.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Good place great location. I stayed on the rooftop amazing view but beware the morning church bells no need for an alarm clock, nice fiendly staff.

Besides not 100%, I don't regret staying in this hostel. The best place to experience old city. Besides, not very friendly staff and the toilettes always dirty. Make sure you have your own toilet paper, because it missed for me a few times. I'd recommend!

The locks in some restrooms are broken.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

An amazing hostel/hotel right in the old city of Jerusalem, with rooms built into the ancient bones of the city walls and outside the windows, the Holy Sepulcher and the dome of the rock...what more could one want. The staff were knowledgeable, helpful and warm. I cannot more highly recommend for a stay in the Old City!

• 30th Aug 2014

It was just the bathrooms that I feel were awful.

The hostel is very well situated -- the view from the roof is magic. Staff is helpful, they advise on tickets booking, places to eat and generally are friendly. The negative points: the blankets, pillows, and bedding were very unfresh. The air in the room was stale, which made it impossible to sleep in, so we had to move to the roof. The biggest deception: we did not get back the deposit money for locker use -- the receptionist said she couldn't log into the system to check if really paid.

Awesome location, the old city is beautiful and there is so much to do around there. The hostel is a beautiful old building and although the bathroom is pretty dirty it doesn't really matter when you way up how beautiful everything else is and the staff are super friendly and helpful. Thanks for the stay!

Sleeping on the roof of the hostel was an amazing exerience! I strngly recommand it to everybody staying in Jerusalem!

Very nice hostel, the roof is pleasant to stay on during the night but there is no shade in the day. It is sold on hostelworld as a tent but it is not at all a tent. Some of the staff are excellent and others not so good hence the average score. The facilities and kitchen are poor but the general atmosphere and setting is great. I have been harsh marking this hostel but it really was one of our favourites during our trip to Israel.

• 18th Aug 2014

A great place to stay due to it's location in the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem's old city. The hostel is very atmospheric in a house which is hundreds if not thousands of years old. The only downside being that inside there is little space and the crumbling plaster can easily get into beds. The view from the rooftop is spectacular and spending at least one night on the rooftop is recommended as a great introduction to this incredible city

This is a very good hostel in Jerusalem. The location is the best what i have ever experienced. The staff is very helpful,i can recommend it for everyone, who want to visit the old city's attractions. Aki Jeruzsálembe megy itt foglaljon szállást.

The location is just awesome, in the middle of the old city. Specially on the roof top you have got the best view over it.

We had ordered a room for 4 people. The room had a double bed in the middle of the room. On the sides of the room were two niches recessed into the wall. These were very small, half as long as a normal bed. From the walls the plaster trickled on the mattress. There were no chairs, a table, even closets and coat hooks. The double bed was broken. The bathroom facilities were disgraceful. The walls and doors of the shower and WC had mold. The service is poor, there can only be purchased with cash

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

1. there`s no free storage!! yes, there`s NO free storage !! the first hostel I`ve seen without free lockers ... and they will charge you 10 NIS/day to use one of the lockers they have only in the ground level 2. the internet wi-fi works ONLY in the reception area ... yeah, there`s NO wi-fi in any another place other than the reception ... so prepare yourself 3. the kitchen is dirty 4. if you plan to stay at the rooftop, make sure you have lockers because I don`t trust the staff as well .. ETC

The client has reserved a place on the roof. The roof is also covered with our security camera.There is a free luggage storage area in the ground floor monitored through our security camera. Our security system allow us to track all movements made and can go back for 6 months back. Lockers for valuables are rented and the only key is with the client. Internet works well in the first floor but not on the roof. Our staff maintain the kitchen clean but some clients leave the utensils uncleaned.

Is not the most comfortable hostel I've been but probably the most interesting one, and one must consider that staying in the old city of Jerusalem in a building so old and beautiful is another kind of luxury. Also I must say that I had serious problems because my passport and money were stolen in the mount of olives and the charming man in the reception helped me a lot, not just with giving me all the information I could need but also with his sympathy that made me feel really better.

« first « Prev 1 2 3