City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

2097 Total Reviews

The lady on reception was lovely and very helpful but the building below us was having some major refurbishment and the first three floors were covered in dust, smelling of paint and very dangerous because the power cables for the workers were laid across the steps. The work started at 7am and finished at 6pm and was extremely noisy. Hostel World should have warned us about this because they had plenty of time as we booked in advance and I would have gone somewhere else.

• 28th Jul 2015

I only stayed one night, but this was an excellent hostel. It was quick and easy to find and well marked. The staff was pleasant and helpful and was a nice place to crash. I would have certainly used the rooftop area if I had been staying there longer. It is quite a few stairs to the floors occupied by the hostel, so my rolling bag wasn't the most convenient, but doable. Would stay again. :)

• 27th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay here. Great location right in the old town, super helpful and friendly staff. Only few things, theres construction work down stairs so mornings were noisy and they need more bowls and spoons. I had to keep going to different kitchens to find what I needed as every floor has it's own kitchen and bathroom. No point whinging about price, it's Switzerland. I'd recommend it .

Great location in the heart of zurich and close to the train station.

Certain employees were very helpful. But the office closes at 10 pm making it difficult or impossible for late arriving guests to register. Management sticks an extra charge on cc purchases which is a violation.

The location is quite good and near the station. But there is no air conditioner and quite expensive

Really great location near the old town. Facilities are good, although fans/air con in the dorms would have been nice - obliged to have windows wide open at night in this hot summer heat, and of course it's noisy on streets below.

There was no hot water anywhere in the building and half the time I could only get a dribble of water out of the shower because the pressure was so bad. The building was also extremely hot and up several flights of stairs with no elevators. The wifi barely worked as well. Overall I would not recommend, not worth the price you pay

The lower floors of our building are used by a restaurant. Due too they renovate there part they cut off our waterpipes and we had no warm water one night till 7.50 AM next morning. We apologize for the trouble caused by that accident.

Great staff, very helpful. Lacking any atmosphere but over all not a bad place to rest your head.

Clean! Fast wifi! Have a nice terrace on the top floor and friendly staff! 5 min walk to the Zurich HB station and the location of this hostel is just perfect.

Linen should be included in the price and would be great to have breakfast

If the weather is hot, do not stay in this hostel - it is unbearable. There is no AC or fans in the room. I had to get a hotel room for the night.

This hostel was fairly average. The rooms are small and very hot - we had to keep the windows open although there was no breeze, and the streets were very very loud. Not the hostel's fault, but a fan would be nice. The kitchens again were small, but they had one which was nice! Eating on the rooftop patio was nice and slightly cooler at night. The staff were not seen very much and the facilities were clean. There are only 3 hostels in Zurich though, so not a bad option.

Thank you for your feedback. During your stay we had the warmest weather ever measured in zurich. Perfect conditions for swimming but it's true that it was very warm on top level floors.

Miss Tatiana Hirschi is awfull she doesn't want to receive us because we arrived too late around 11 o' clock ; we have lost the train from Lucerna, and had no credit on my mobil. Only when I told her that my money will be withdraw automaticaly from my card and if she doesn't want to receive us, I can suspect her to sell twice the same room, she mind a little, and finally after long and inacceptable observations she give us the key of the room; Tourism is not Watchmaking, can expect unforeseen.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Romania

I would recommend staying here! It is a little older, but an awesome location and very affordable for Zurich's pricing. It is clean enough and the staff was very friendly! My friend and I were in the lobby trying to figure out what to do that day and the girl from the front desk gave us lots of awesome suggestions for local things to do! I will be staying here on my next trip to Zurich!

It's too tired to take my heavy luggage from the lounge to the reception place, since there's no lift and nobody helps :(

• 24th Jun 2015
  • China

Great facilities but im not quite sure it was worth what they're asking for it.

I had a great time here. Perfect location, very friendly staff, and a great atmosphere with lots of backpackers.

Hostel Bilber was in an excellent location in one of the busiest areas of Zurich and provided adequate facilities for the money. Unffortunately I arrived in Zurich just after 12 and when I got to the hostel it was closed until 3. I appreciate that there is a necessary turnover time but like other places do it would be better if the reception remained open and you could leave your bag(s) somewhere until the 3pm checkin time arrived.

The hostel is in a great location but we were highly unconvinced by the staff, the strange reception hours, and the 48 hour cancellation policy (most hostels it's 24). Leo in particular was very rude to us over the phone when we realized we had double booked. We then arrived and had to wait for 3 hours for the hostels reception to reopen. The manager was very nice, but did end up charging us for a room after he said he wouldn't. Overall it was a nice hostel, just not worth dealing with.

Dear Guys You booked and blocked TWO 4-bed private rooms for three months. Then you canceled both rooms only 30 hours before arriving. We were able to sell 6 beds to other people and only charged you 2 beds out of 8. In my opinion this is a very fair deal! Kind Regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5