City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

It's really well located. Close to the train station and close to everything! What I didn't like about the hostel is that the reception opening time, they close from noon to 3pm and you also have to rent the bed linen...

I only stayed here overnight, but it was a pretty good place all in all

Nearby to the train station, very clean.

I never ended up staying here - I missed my connecting flight and the hostel was closed when I was due to arrive. I didn't stay here for the rest of the trip as the person on reception was incredibly rude when I tried to tell them of my circumstances. A little bit of sympathy or help on what I should do would not have gone astray!

The guy working there is great! Very friendly and really went over the extra mile to make sure I had a great stay

Nice location. One restroom for each floor is not sufficient. Good choice for staying a few days.

I was really shocked to be charged extra to use sheets and pillowcases. Apart from that, the place was fine. Nothing special. Doesn't seem like the greatest place to socialise.

The hostel is terrible...the worst I have ever stayed...the only good thing is the location..we can do everything by walking!

• 13th Jan 2016

The hostel has a great location, but without luggage storage facilities the rooms get very crowded as suitcases fill up the already tight-fit rooms. Staff are very nice

I enjoyed my stay at hostel biber, overall service is very good

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Indonesia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location couldn't be better at the heart of Zurich. The woman who runs it was very nice.

Switzerland is an expensive country, so it is not surprising that even a simple hostel will cost a lot more than usual hostels. It's convenient to have a kitchen and bathroom on every floor. However i wish that the kitchen can be much better equipped, I could not find proper bowls.

Hostel is at very nice location, staff is friendly, facilities are good...kitchen in every floor is good facility...hostel is neat n clean. Breakfast must be included in this price bxoz I hav stayed in other hostels of Switzerland in that week and everywhere breakfast was included in this price. Blanket is good but must be given little thicker blanket bcoz I had to use two blankets in that week of winter. I had option to use blanket of one of my roomie. Internet and pc must not bebe chargeabl

I was very satisfied with the accommodation, atmosphere and with staff.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Slovenia

I stayed for a very short time because my flight was very early the next morning, but it all worked out perfectly. I put my valuables in the safe and was able to explore at night and get to know the city a little. the location is beautiful, its right along the little street with bars and clubs along the river across from the train station. great for a young woman traveling alone, not so good if you have a heavy suitcase due to the amount of stairs...

• 29th Dec 2015

The place is nice. But it would be better if they have storage for the luggages inside the rooms. The bathroom is really clean, and the beds are comfortable.

Very convenient location right on Neiderdorfstrasse and good proximity to the Zurich HB. Takes 15 mins to get to the Sueich Flughafen. I only stayed one night. Hidden charges include paying 3CHF for sheets, 1CHF for using your card to pay, and some CHF for using the Internet on the computer (?!). Wifi was free though.

The hostel is in an absolutely perfect spot. Nice facilities and a very helpful staff. It's not all that heavy on added bonuses. Free breakfast would have gone a long way in an expensive country like Switzerland. Overall no real complaints. It was a good hostel.

Very friendly staff and a piece of advice, there's really no need to rent shets since the bedrooms are well equipped.

Fairly neutral stay. Hostel is clean, beds are comfortable. Kitchens are very basic, but there is one on every floor which is nice. The staff seemed flustered most of the time (it seemed like they had a lot to do) but did their best to answer questions. Location is good, close to a supermarket and all the main sites are within walking distance. Nothing amazing about my stay, but also nothing terrible.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5