City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

1915 Total Reviews

It was an easy to walk to from the main train station. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly staff member who was able to answer all my questions. The only thing that caught me off guard was the sheets and a towel costed me an extra 6.00! Other than that the location was great and the showers were big and clean! I reccommend this place to anyone whose easy going and is looking for an adventure :)

• 22nd Mar 2015

good location, friendly staffs, clean toilet and shower room.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

The hostel location was perfect. It is a very short (10min) walk from the train station, and it is a short distance to other major attractions. The staff were freindly and the facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen at a hostel! The only downside is that reception is not 24/7, and that breakfast and linens are not included. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend staying here!

• 14th Mar 2015

Good hostel in a good location. Small lounge and a bit annoying with the check-in desk closed between 12-3 but otherwise it was pretty good.

Only two sockets in a room for six!

Typical hostel - not great, but it has a certain charm to it. Staff were very nice. Not enough power outlets in the room to charge stuff, so you have to go to the common room, which can easily get cramped in the evenings. Rooftop patio was a nice touch though.

Really pleasant stay. Location is amazing

• 3rd Mar 2015

The lady at the reception desk was very helpful and honest - it was easy to check in and check out. The location was amazing, very close to the train station and most of the sites to see, and very close to many good restaurants to eat whether you wanted to sit down or eat something super quickly! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Zurich

• 28th Feb 2015

There is no wifi at the rooms :(

On average, very good. Great location, right in the middle of the old town. Staff not very flexible regarding the currency exchange: bring your Swiss Francs to pay the hostel, otherwise they will apply their own rate.. and you are going to loose some money.. I really recommend this hostel. And also the cheapest victor inox knifes in town.

Loved staying here - great location in the heart of the old town, friendly and helpful staff, very welcoming atmosphere, I immediately felt right at home. I would definitely recommend this place.

Honestly, I thought it was great considering Zurich prices. The location was great and the reception was very kind and helpful. They showed us cool places to go and helped us find the places we wanted to go. Yes there is only one charger in each room but there are more in the common area which has WI-FI. Would definitely recommend it. Don't forget you either need to bring your own sheets or rent them from the hostel.

Theres only wifi in the common area. Rooms are too small for 6 ppl and their luggage.

Frankly a quite boring hostel. Good place to sleep but not much more. Great location.

Awesome hostel basically right in the center and will be going back next time for sure.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great Hostel. Great location, clean and friendly. Thank you for a good few days.

+ good location, cheap (considering prices in Zurich) - the front door only locked / secured during night, wifi only working in the reception, only one electricity outlet in room (and none in the bathroom), strange atmosphere

Great location, nice staff, highly recommend!

Can't check in later than 10pm and only check-out 8am onwards. Not much flexibility for people who is "just to find a place to sleep and leave"

They asked us if we had packed our bed sheets with us???! Really? Who goes backpacking and brings their bed sheets? And then we got charged for using their sheets. The kitchen facilities are ridiculous too. Microwave and kettle on one level and the stove on another level and there was pretty much no pots or pans. The Wi-Fi ONLY works in the reception lounge which is really annoying. The location is good though which makes it ok but really not worth it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4