City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

Hostel well located in heart of the "red light district" of Zurich. Good parties inside with a good sleep in the rooms. 10 Min walking from the old town. Definitely recommended!

Hostel was average but good location, beware of the stairs! Only complaint would be that our room was slanted and made us feel nauseous when standing. The people staying at the hostel at the same time as us was very random.... It appeared like no one liked each other which was highly amusing.

they only work a few hours in reception, in the website says is open until 12 pm and open again back at 3pm, but when you get there they close at 11 am which is annoying, Though the staff was polite. Rooms were horrible, the floor was uneven, no space to put your luggage, was too small with to many beds. Sheets were not soft at all, Is very expensive for what you get, but considering is switzerland I guess is decent price. Well located, you can walk anywhere. Poor wifi, doesnt work in rooms

A great location - just a short walk from the main train station and near to pretty much anything you need to. Friendly staff but no real atmosphere - didn't seem to be much encouragement or opportunity to mingle with other guests. Wifi only worked in reception and was inconsistent at best. Room basic but serviceable enough.

Perfect location! Good staff, but they do not have lockers. You will have to use your onw and you will be able to hide just a few things because the compartiment is very small! Wi-fi only in common area.

room is a little bit too small

We only spent one night here passing through. The wifi only works in the recreation area and wasn't the best. The lockers are only big enough to put a small backpack inside. The hostel building is quite old so when people were arriving late and we were leaving early we were standing on creaky floor boards so everyone makes a lot of noise coming and going. Also hooks for clothing and towels while in the shower would be useful instead of putting everything on the floor. Staff were great though!

The dorms are quite small, but comfy beds. There can be noise late at night from the bars and cafes so bring ear plugs. Lockers in the dorms are great. Staff were OK, but could be a little bit grumpy.

The 4 bed dorm I stayed in was clean and had lockers but not much space, the showers were tiny and not very clean. Wifi only worked in the common room

• 24th Sep 2014

For one night it was totally fine. It's quite noisy. Wonderful roof terrace.

• 23rd Sep 2014

I Forget the female staff members Name but think started with letter R and was very good. THink they could re organise some of the 6 bedroom dorms & maybe get better lockers, check lights are working, more showers. I would stay there again. Peter Australia PS The hostel can contact me if they wish by my email

Excellent location, close to the main station and the old town. Someone needs to give these people some money cos the hostel is in dire need of an upgrade. No real atmosphere and fairly dirty facilities. Also, the walk up the stairs is an absolute killer, even without luggage.

It was really nice thank you location was good staff were helpful Theplace was clean and the showers were brilliant.

very noisy place

Very clean, in a great location at the center of the city, not too loud. Expensive, but everything in Zurich is expensive. The reception desk hours were a little inconvenient, especially if you arrive in the middle of the day.

• 12th Sep 2014

Comfortable, good location and friendly people. I do recommend this Hostel.

Average stay. Reception is only open 8-11am, then 3-10pm. So it closes for four hours in the middle of the day, at the time most travellers arrive! Worse still, even though the reception staff were around, they refused to check us in despite it only taking ten minutes. We could chill and use wifi/leave our bags, but very inconvenient. Another negative is no wifi in rooms, only in reception. But nice place, rooftop seating area lovely to have drinks on. Decent showers. Lockers in room

The Hostel in the very city center so the location is great! Also the staff was really kind and efficient and gave me a couple of things I needed (such as a padlock or an adapter) as well as good advices. The room I was in was very noisy and I had to buy earplugs. Also, there is wifi only in the common room (very small, so expect it to be hard to find a seat) and the connection is really bad. Overall, I would say that it offers a fair deal for what you pay (Zurich is VERY expensive)

The hostel was a bit difficult to find at first, you had to know what you were looking for. The primary issue I found was that the wifi was only available in the common area. Instead of folks sitting in the common area looking to talk/meet people, they spent the entire time on their phones or laptops. Security was excellent and the kitchen was nice. Staff was friendly enough, but were only available during certain hours.

The hostel had no lift, so I had to pull my heavy suitcase up the stairs... Also, the wifi didn't work. Other people also said that their wifi didn't work.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6