City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

The hostel offer what you essentially need,and no more.but for the price we paid it was absolutely enough.i recommend it for young people visiting Amsterdam.

• 26th Aug 2014

Too expensive. Wifi only in main lobby. And a very cramped atmosphere. Sheets aren't even included!

Located in an excellent locality in Zurich. Very close to the main train station. The bathrooms were not clean. Overall a good hostel in general.

The one thing I'll say is I thought this was the city backpackers chain which it was not. So I was expecting something much different. Wifi only worked in a tiny tiny room and only having certain hours for reception was a huge pain because half the time in those hours there was no one there.

Perfect location, clean, friendly staff

Staff wasn't very polite when we asked questions about the area. Other than that, just a typical hostel.

Not a great idea if you have heavy bags: as there's no lift, I had to carry mine all the way to the fourth floor. Their page says they have luggage storage, but that's more of a kind receptionist willing to keep your bags there. As I had an early flight and the reception closes at night, it was impossible to store my bags there. The location is VERY central, which is good but also means it's a bit loud. They could invest in a place to hang clothes in the showers or something.

This hostel is in a good location but very expensive for what the room is. You can only get wifi in one small room

Hostel is located up about 3 flights of stairs and upwards to rooms. The staff are excellent and very helpful. Each floor had shared bathrooms, showers and a kitchen. I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the showers and toilets. The hostel was easy to get to from the train station and is very central.

The staff were so friendly and helpful with all our questions. There were kitchens to cook in on all floors and the rooftop balcony was nice to sit on

That's hostel is in the center, I ve been there for the Street Parade and the price was high, but my stay was okey. Thanks

The wifi was only available in common room, which was kind of annoying. staff only available from 8-12, and then again from I think 3 to 10pm. The staff, however, where very friendly and helpful.

Average hostel in a great location. Lots of stairs to travel up to get to the rooms with no lift. Staff were friendly and rooms clean and basic

The location was great, it was safe & secure, also the room was very clean. Considering how expensive Zurich is it was a good value.

The hostel reception is at 4th floor after climbing narrow flights of stairs. No elevator. While the hostel room was clean and the staff was generally helpful, let's just say that it's not fun having to walk up the stairs every day while on vacation.

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. I was slightly late to get to the location (they are closed between noon and 3pm) and the guy at the counter kindly stayed on so I could leave my heavy backpack at the office. The hostel was small and the female 6-sharing dorm was really cramped and there was only 1 shower available on every floor for at least 3 dorms of people. This was the first time I had to rent sheets but I was fine with it as the hostel rates were reasonable.

Perfect location, friendly staff (a little small but can't be helped!) and good price.

The cozy common area lends itself to meeting a lot of new people and even though I was only here a night, I talked to a lot of fellow adventurers! The six flights of steep stairs were a struggle with luggage, but overall a pleasant stay.

• 26th Jul 2014

This place wasnt worth the money at all. Didnt have breakfast and the wifi kept dropping out. It was in a good location though. The rooms are alright though and the showers always have hot water.

The location is perfect. The only bad thing is the stairs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5