City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

Bathrooms were not clean at all. Rooms were very small for how many bunk beds/people were supposed to stay in them. Beds also had hairs on them, as well as the "clean" sheets.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and the staff were friendly and helpful when we first arrived and when we had questions. The only issue we really had was that the wifi was only available in the hotel lobby and that in the evening it tended to get crowded. Really not an issue at all, just a first world problem and not something one can complain about with their reasonable prices. I'd be happy to stay there whenever I head back to this beautiful city!

The hostel was a nice place to stay for my quick stop over in Zurich. The facilities seemed clean and small lockers were provided in the rooms. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the main train station, which was very convenient. The hostel is quite pricey, but typical for Switzerland.

Good choice to stay

This hostel has the sweetest receptionists!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great location, only problems were wifi only in the reception area and a have to go up a couple of floors to get to the hostel, but overall a good and easy experience.

Great location, perfect ! Everything in Zurich is very expensive but was still a nice hostel.

There is no wifi :(

Pros: Short walk from train station and tram Staff is helpful Fairly clean Cons: Lots of stairs (you won't care about this until you have to carry your luggage up) Wifi only works in lounge area (but you'll meet new people!) I walked in to the lounge early in the morning and there was a hobo sleeping on the couch? Overall, it's a decent hostel. Stay here for the convenient location, but know that Zurich is really expensive anyway so maybe minimize your time there.

was good hotel and the service was excelent.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mexico

good atention, excellent recepcionist

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Clean, great location, nice common area, and the staff was great. WiFi only in the reception area, and a pretty bad connection at that. So if you want a lot of internet (or want to text your girlfriend before going to bed) that was a bit of a hassle. Kitchens were well kept, but they were very aggressive about keeping old food out of the fridge, which meant that I lost a tomato. Only one microwave in the building. Stove took forever to heat up.

Hostel room was incredibly cramped and included only one outlet. Main reception is up two narrow flights of stairs and is also very small and cramped. Tiny lockers in the rooms. Great location that is easy walking distance from everything. It may be hard to beat the location, but the hostel itself is below average.

The location is perfect but dont have big lockers just small! A localização é o melhor desse lugar no centro de Zurique onde tudo acontece! Só que não tem compartimentos grandes para colocar a mala mas é seguro, mas tem cofre pequeno para as coisas de valor!

Nice location. But there is no elevator.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

1) Six-beds dorm, there are only 4 plugs for power supply. 2) These plugs are far from the beds, e.g. 2 located just next to the door (Security problem). 3) Weak power supply (really slow to charge the phone) 4) No Wifi in the room. 5) Extremely small common room but people gather here for internet (extremely crowded) 6) Claims "Tea/Coffee Making Facilities" but selling machine. 7) Costly (Fair price in Switzerland) but not worth. 8) Worst hostel I've stay in my 30 days trip

Perfectly adequate and great location. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm and would stay again in a heart beat. The one down side is the wifi only works in the common room, but hey that's how you meet people. The staff was super helpful with recommendations. Everything was very clean. However, do try and pack lightly because the hostel is 4 floors up and there is no elevator.

Clean hostel in good location. Reasonable price for Switzerland, but I do think it was stingy charging extra for sheets and as well as for using their computer. This has been free/included in all other hostels I've been too. Wifi only in reception, didnt work 1 day. Reception hours were not good; only until 22 and they take a siesta in the middle of the day from 12-15. As a result the poor cleaning lady had to answer all our questions and try to store luggage for people arriving before check-in.

Expecting a better comment? Even so unfriendly service is not met! I drove from northern Germany. There were storms! The train does not ride!. I could not get there before 10pm. I called from Germany to the hostel, I asked for help. Having the ability to check an hour later! NO! CAN NOT BE! nstructed me to cancel the reservation and they sell this book! I did it and booked another hostel. With my credit card but the money was pulled. This is some thieving method! I do not recommend the use.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Poland

A great hostel with an amazing location. The staff were awesome; helping you at every turn. Defintely recommend if you're staying in the Interlaken area .... great stuff all around here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4