City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

1943 Total Reviews

The staff is really friendly and helpful, the location is also great.

Brilliantly located clean & super friendly hostel. All of Zurich is expensive and this is no exception but in comparison to other hostels I found it is a good deal. Atmosphere depended on who was around, though they did have music playing in the background of the reception area which was nice. Barely any sockets to charge up devices, and seemed to charge really slow when you did eventually get to take your turn. Also, showers and toilet are per floor, not room which is a bit inconvenient.

There were no individual lights in the rooms. It felt slightly dirty especially the showers.

Perfect location, best price in Zurich As places go away fast, Harry up with your booking

Good hostel, however have in mind that the reception is closed almost all day so if you have a problem you wont have anyone to complain. The location is excellent.

Thank you for your review! Reception is open from 08-12am and from 03-10pm. In case you don't find anyone at the reception because we are doing something in the rest of the house, you can ring the bell and we'll be there within minutes Hope to see you another time at our hostel!

I only stayed for one night and it was just okay. Going into the building I walked up many floors to find reception. The common room was really quiet all the time- people didn't want to interact with others. My bed was nice, I liked how there was a sink in the room. The bathroom was decently clean, but the shower was out of order. It was within walking distance to the major train station. I only met 1 staff member, she seemed nice, just tired. For a short stay I would go again.

If possible, please set an elevator in the building...

Can't beat the location! About an 8 minute walk from the train stations and right in the middle of all the sights. The staff was great and the check out process was super easy even though both days I left before 8 am when they open.

It was an easy to walk to from the main train station. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly staff member who was able to answer all my questions. The only thing that caught me off guard was the sheets and a towel costed me an extra 6.00! Other than that the location was great and the showers were big and clean! I reccommend this place to anyone whose easy going and is looking for an adventure :)

• 22nd Mar 2015

good location, friendly staffs, clean toilet and shower room.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

I was happy in general, but the 50-euro a day thing is really not cool. Not that other hostels there are any cheper, though

This was a really good hostel actually. Good location, staff was helpful, good beds. All around good really. A little hard to find from directions on hostelworld. Had to ask someone but it's alright. Only gave an average on value for money but Switzerland happens to so expensive so it's not their fault really. Good stay.

The hostel location was perfect. It is a very short (10min) walk from the train station, and it is a short distance to other major attractions. The staff were freindly and the facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen at a hostel! The only downside is that reception is not 24/7, and that breakfast and linens are not included. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend staying here!

Thanks for your feedback! We recently renovated the showers, they are all new now! As for the breakfast: We offer no breakfast at all, but we have kitchens on the floor for everyone's use.

Good hostel in a good location. Small lounge and a bit annoying with the check-in desk closed between 12-3 but otherwise it was pretty good.

Only two sockets in a room for six!

Typical hostel - not great, but it has a certain charm to it. Staff were very nice. Not enough power outlets in the room to charge stuff, so you have to go to the common room, which can easily get cramped in the evenings. Rooftop patio was a nice touch though.

Really pleasant stay. Location is amazing

• 3rd Mar 2015

The lady at the reception desk was very helpful and honest - it was easy to check in and check out. The location was amazing, very close to the train station and most of the sites to see, and very close to many good restaurants to eat whether you wanted to sit down or eat something super quickly! Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Zurich

• 28th Feb 2015

There is no wifi at the rooms :(

After everyone asking for the wifi: We now have free wifii on all floors!

On average, very good. Great location, right in the middle of the old town. Staff not very flexible regarding the currency exchange: bring your Swiss Francs to pay the hostel, otherwise they will apply their own rate.. and you are going to loose some money.. I really recommend this hostel. And also the cheapest victor inox knifes in town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4