City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

2057 Total Reviews

I would recommend staying here! It is a little older, but an awesome location and very affordable for Zurich's pricing. It is clean enough and the staff was very friendly! My friend and I were in the lobby trying to figure out what to do that day and the girl from the front desk gave us lots of awesome suggestions for local things to do! I will be staying here on my next trip to Zurich!

• 25th Jun 2015

It's too tired to take my heavy luggage from the lounge to the reception place, since there's no lift and nobody helps :(

• 24th Jun 2015
  • China

I had a great time here. Perfect location, very friendly staff, and a great atmosphere with lots of backpackers.

Hostel Bilber was in an excellent location in one of the busiest areas of Zurich and provided adequate facilities for the money. Unffortunately I arrived in Zurich just after 12 and when I got to the hostel it was closed until 3. I appreciate that there is a necessary turnover time but like other places do it would be better if the reception remained open and you could leave your bag(s) somewhere until the 3pm checkin time arrived.

The hostel is in a great location but we were highly unconvinced by the staff, the strange reception hours, and the 48 hour cancellation policy (most hostels it's 24). Leo in particular was very rude to us over the phone when we realized we had double booked. We then arrived and had to wait for 3 hours for the hostels reception to reopen. The manager was very nice, but did end up charging us for a room after he said he wouldn't. Overall it was a nice hostel, just not worth dealing with.

• 16th Jun 2015

Dear Guys You booked and blocked TWO 4-bed private rooms for three months. Then you canceled both rooms only 30 hours before arriving. We were able to sell 6 beds to other people and only charged you 2 beds out of 8. In my opinion this is a very fair deal! Kind Regards

Manager is awesome. I was treated very poorly by a receptionist. Rude and unhelpful.

• 15th Jun 2015

Clean, comfortable hostel. Helpful staff. Central location

Great place to stay !!! Shared bathroom and kitchen both very clean and well equipped, the staff are amazing. They will wash and dry your clothes for a small price, isn't a party hostel but perfect location in the middle of Zurich, close to the train station and food. Would recommend and stay again!

Thank you very much for the awesom review! Kind Regards

Hostel was a little hard to find, but the location was really good. Stayed in a 4 bed females dorm. Other than the noise outside from all the restaurant entertainment, the room was good! Would have liked more power plugs, since 4 people had to share 2 in a rather inconvenient location of the room.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

The hostel was in a great location near to lots of bars/restaurants a supermarket and the train station. The hostel was very clean, the shared bathroom was clean as were the rooms. You can rent towels and bed sheets. The hostel has a top terrace where you can sit and socialize which we did most nights. The male manager was very helpful and approachable. We shared a room with 4 other girls and we had no problems. Only one small locker each to put valuables in.

• 10th Jun 2015

Great location and staff is very friendly and helpful. Did not like how sheets were not included in the price.

This hostel is on top of a Italian restaurant and you have to walk right by the kitchens to get to the reception. The location is good, but it was very loud. The woman checking me in seemed like she really didn't want to be there. Not my favorite hostel ever.

The hostel has a nice location, only 10min walk from the main station! It's quiet at night and the room is clean. It's a nice accommodation for a short trip :)

Aside from the 6/7 flights of stairs I had to climb to get to my room, this place was fantastic

I wouldn't ever recommend anyone travel to Zurich but this hostel was located in a good area when passing through.

Stayed in a female six bed dorm for two nights. Got a good impression. The staff was really nice. Average clean. Unfortunately there was no staff at the hostel between ca 11-15, so we had to sit and wait with our luggage outside the reception and couldn't leave it anywhere safe. The rooms had only small lockers, enough for hand luggage; bring your own lock!

Hi Thank you for your review. Two hints: 1. We provide padlocks for free at the reception. Just ask for it when you check-in. 2. Reception is closed from noon to 3 PM. If you arrive during lunch time ask the housekeeping crew to lock your luggage. They will help you. Kind Regards

Probably the worst hostel I ever stayed in (and I travelled a lot around the world and stayed in hundreds of hostels). The noise from the street was so loud that I could not sleep all night. Also the reception closes at 10pm, so make sure you arrive before that time. They also make you pay extra for bed sheets where you cannot even put the blanket inside. Common room is very small, no real hostel atmosphere at all. The facilities are not very clean and not spacious at all. Same for the rooms.

Staff were really friendly, explained everything to us upon arrival. The lady on reception cleaned and dried a full basket of our clothes for 10 francs. Great location right on the Main Street with only a 10 minute walk either side to the lake and main train station. 2 nice roomy showers and toilets on each floor which were always clean. Nice common room area. Bedrooms were spacious and comfy. Would stay here again!

24 hour reception would be nice

It will be good if they could up grade the kitchen facilities and also provide bed sheets without paying extra.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your input. We check the kitchen equipment a bunch of times a year and refill what has disappeared.. :-) Kind Regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5