City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

As unjustifiably pricey as most things in Switzerland, but an excellent location.

Air conditioning would be nice

Very central. The roof top terrace was good for socialising. The rooms were small no air conditioning so very hot and we're not up to scratch with clenlyness also the bathroom facilities were small and minimal.

Absolutely fantastic location, and the price is excellent considering the cost of other hotels in Zurich. Staff was helpful with planning activities in and around Zurich as well. Only downside is there were only 2 toilettes and 2 showers for the entire floor (20 some odd beds). Would recommend.

The location is quite good and near the station. But there is no air conditioner and quite expensive

Really great location near the old town. Facilities are good, although fans/air con in the dorms would have been nice - obliged to have windows wide open at night in this hot summer heat, and of course it's noisy on streets below.

There was no hot water anywhere in the building and half the time I could only get a dribble of water out of the shower because the pressure was so bad. The building was also extremely hot and up several flights of stairs with no elevators. The wifi barely worked as well. Overall I would not recommend, not worth the price you pay

The lower floors of our building are used by a restaurant. Due too they renovate there part they cut off our waterpipes and we had no warm water one night till 7.50 AM next morning. We apologize for the trouble caused by that accident.

Great staff, very helpful. Lacking any atmosphere but over all not a bad place to rest your head.

Clean! Fast wifi! Have a nice terrace on the top floor and friendly staff! 5 min walk to the Zurich HB station and the location of this hostel is just perfect.

I had my problems to find it because it's situated in a small alley. It was very expensive but typical for Switzerland so it was ok, staff was friendly and the rooms clean, but unfortunately it was unbelievable hot. Bathroom was ok as well - all in all: average hostel

Linen should be included in the price and would be great to have breakfast

This hostel was perfect for staying at after a long day of travel! The atmosphere was so welcoming, staff was friendly, location was great as it was right near a bunch of food, drink, and gelato options. Great neighborhood for walking around and exploring the city!! Highly recommend this hostel!

If the weather is hot, do not stay in this hostel - it is unbearable. There is no AC or fans in the room. I had to get a hotel room for the night.

This hostel was fairly average. The rooms are small and very hot - we had to keep the windows open although there was no breeze, and the streets were very very loud. Not the hostel's fault, but a fan would be nice. The kitchens again were small, but they had one which was nice! Eating on the rooftop patio was nice and slightly cooler at night. The staff were not seen very much and the facilities were clean. There are only 3 hostels in Zurich though, so not a bad option.

Thank you for your feedback. During your stay we had the warmest weather ever measured in zurich. Perfect conditions for swimming but it's true that it was very warm on top level floors.

Miss Tatiana Hirschi is awfull she doesn't want to receive us because we arrived too late around 11 o' clock ; we have lost the train from Lucerna, and had no credit on my mobil. Only when I told her that my money will be withdraw automaticaly from my card and if she doesn't want to receive us, I can suspect her to sell twice the same room, she mind a little, and finally after long and inacceptable observations she give us the key of the room; Tourism is not Watchmaking, can expect unforeseen.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Romania

I would recommend staying here! It is a little older, but an awesome location and very affordable for Zurich's pricing. It is clean enough and the staff was very friendly! My friend and I were in the lobby trying to figure out what to do that day and the girl from the front desk gave us lots of awesome suggestions for local things to do! I will be staying here on my next trip to Zurich!

It's too tired to take my heavy luggage from the lounge to the reception place, since there's no lift and nobody helps :(

• 24th Jun 2015
  • China

Great facilities but im not quite sure it was worth what they're asking for it.

I had a great time here. Perfect location, very friendly staff, and a great atmosphere with lots of backpackers.

Hostel Bilber was in an excellent location in one of the busiest areas of Zurich and provided adequate facilities for the money. Unffortunately I arrived in Zurich just after 12 and when I got to the hostel it was closed until 3. I appreciate that there is a necessary turnover time but like other places do it would be better if the reception remained open and you could leave your bag(s) somewhere until the 3pm checkin time arrived.