City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

The hostel reception is at 4th floor after climbing narrow flights of stairs. No elevator. While the hostel room was clean and the staff was generally helpful, let's just say that it's not fun having to walk up the stairs every day while on vacation.

The hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. I was slightly late to get to the location (they are closed between noon and 3pm) and the guy at the counter kindly stayed on so I could leave my heavy backpack at the office. The hostel was small and the female 6-sharing dorm was really cramped and there was only 1 shower available on every floor for at least 3 dorms of people. This was the first time I had to rent sheets but I was fine with it as the hostel rates were reasonable.

Perfect location, friendly staff (a little small but can't be helped!) and good price.

The cozy common area lends itself to meeting a lot of new people and even though I was only here a night, I talked to a lot of fellow adventurers! The six flights of steep stairs were a struggle with luggage, but overall a pleasant stay.

• 26th Jul 2014

This place wasnt worth the money at all. Didnt have breakfast and the wifi kept dropping out. It was in a good location though. The rooms are alright though and the showers always have hot water.

The location is perfect. The only bad thing is the stairs.

One of very few hostels in Zurich....so kinda hard to be too rough on them. Zurich is verrrry expensive so that has to be considered in the price of the hostel. Need to improve the bathroom facilities a bit.... very small common area...no kitchen or cooking area. Staff was nice enough. Kinda meh.

This is my first time for backpack and Mixed Dorm.City backpacker is inconvinience for my big luggages.The hostel building share with resterant and when I check in I went to 2nd floor to reception, no lift, share bathroom with male and female.no fire exit (maybe) I'm scared till the morning,then everything is ok.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

We didn't get what we orderd!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Israel

You canceled your booking on arrival day. Hours later you rebooked. We sold your beds in the mean time so you wouldn't have to pay for a LATE CANCEL. Than you were lucky to get another bed. AND NOW YOU COMPLAIN AND GIVE US A BAD REVIEW!? Please don't come back..

Bathrooms were not clean at all. Rooms were very small for how many bunk beds/people were supposed to stay in them. Beds also had hairs on them, as well as the "clean" sheets.

Lovely hostel, will stay again and would recommend to others. Nice beds in dorms. Only slight negative was that not one powerpoint per bed. Staff friendly.

everything is good, but the receiption of hostel is floor 4 so I were too tired to bring my lagguage. The receiption desk should in lower floor :)

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and the staff were friendly and helpful when we first arrived and when we had questions. The only issue we really had was that the wifi was only available in the hotel lobby and that in the evening it tended to get crowded. Really not an issue at all, just a first world problem and not something one can complain about with their reasonable prices. I'd be happy to stay there whenever I head back to this beautiful city!

The hostel was a nice place to stay for my quick stop over in Zurich. The facilities seemed clean and small lockers were provided in the rooms. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the main train station, which was very convenient. The hostel is quite pricey, but typical for Switzerland.

The kitchen was a lifesaver! Zurich is super expensive and I was able to save a lot of money by cooking my breakfast and dinners there. The location is awesome, as it is about 10 minute walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk from all the major sites.

Good choice to stay

This hostel has the sweetest receptionists!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great location, only problems were wifi only in the reception area and a have to go up a couple of floors to get to the hostel, but overall a good and easy experience.

Excellent hostel with a lovely receptionist. The bathrooms, bedrooms, common area are all of a very high standard and no free internet (except wifi). The only negative is that it's a bit pricey, but that's Zurich. Thank god for the supermarket.

Great location, perfect ! Everything in Zurich is very expensive but was still a nice hostel.