City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

The location is fantastic. I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, the only drawback is that you can't check in after 10pm. The rooms are clean, the common area is nice. All around, good experience.

I was staying there for one night,for me it was kinda good. The beds were and the toilets,shower were clean enough. The staff were kind,and upstairs there is a balcony.

The hostel was very nice however we had a person in our room who was very loud during late night hours and was smoking in our room!!

• 16th Sep 2015

take note that if you have heavy luggage, you have to walk up those narrow stairs with your bag

The worst part of this hostel was having to climb all the stairs--especially since our room was on the top floor! (Even reception is in the middle of the building). Otherwise, though, great place! Helpful staff (they lent us a corkscrew and even did our laundry!), cool rooftop lounge area, free Wi-Fi, perfectly centered location among bars/restaurants. The lockers were small, reception was closed from noon-3pm, and sheets have to be rented for 3 CHF, but had a great stay overall!

I like the hostel! It ia clean and the facilities is good. The rooms are clean and the bed is good. I can sleep well at night. The only problem is there are too many stairs T.T

Fantastic location. Friendly and helpful staff. Tight quarters but clean.

• 15th Sep 2015

Location is easy to find. I actually walked just 5 minutes from main train Station to find the hostel. Staffs are very good! They are helpful and welcoming. Rooms are clean as well as the kitchen and bathrooms. recommendable!

Stayed for one night in female 6 bed dorm. Got slightly lost looking for it. As you cross the bridge take the second right which is the pedestrian street and then walk straight. I took the first right but a local taxi driver corrected me. Good social room, clean facilities. Staff very friendly.

Everything was pretty solid. Bathrooms were clean, room was clean. They charge for sheets, which I'm philosophically against (just build it into the price, very few people backpack with bedding). Zurich is very expensive and, so far as I can tell, this is the lowest cost option that is acceptable.

I've got slightly worried when I first got there as it seemed quite old and unattractive. There's a little common area and the rooftop to hang out which was cool. It's also on a great street with all the restaurants and bars. No food facilities other than a vending machine. An OK stay for a night but not for a longer time.

The shower rooms and bathrooms were disgusting and they smelt mouldy. We arrived to the hostel and were extremely confused, it was in a block of flats? There was no way of getting in (that we could see) and it was basically a building site. After finally getting in, the outside didn't represent the inside. It was quirky and modern and our room was nice.

this is a great backpackers if you are a solo female, looking for somewhere close to zurich hb, the old town and the new town. it was clean enough, but with no extras. clean enough and safe place to have a bed but disappointing that there are so few power points and the lockers are only big enough for a day bag. I had really good room mates, otherwise I think u would have found it hard to meet people in the common room. great to have a kitchen facility.

The location is perfect! Very clean facilities as well!

The facilities are not that great. I've stayed in such hostels many times and this wan't that special. An dI just hate when the reception closes, specially in the afternoon. Still the staff is ok and the place is relatively clean.

The only downside was the many flights of stairs! We had to go up and down searching the different kitchens for things we needed... But we always found it, the rooms were nice and we met some great people there. Useful info in the reception area, and staff very helpful. Good location right in between the station and old town. Take a padlock for the lockers in the room, and try not to hit your head on the top bunk! Bathrooms were good and useful sink in rooms. Nice roof terrace.

The location is the best! Kitchen and showers were clean. The free wifi is also very helpful.

• 2nd Sep 2015

I like the stafe very helpful...closed to train station river and coop market very clean bathroom

I think the location of the hostel is superb.and the staff is good.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • India

It's very good that the hostel has a kitchen. Location is excellent and staff nice and helpful. If one thing could be improved then it would be the kitchen stuff: cleaner cutlery, and more pans and plates there.