City Backpacker - Hostel Biber Reviews

Niederdorfstrasse 5, Zurich, Switzerland

Good beds, very nice staff. Much stairs, no elevator.

This hotel was very loud in the evenings due to thin walls. Very expensive for what was provided.

Great location near the airport very close to main tourist attractions as well as the main train station.

• 19th Mar 2014

It's just a basic hostel. There is a kitchen but actually it's hard to cook because there are not many facilities. There is not a locker as well. The reception opens limited hours. Cleanliness is okay. The location is really nice. It's pricey but compare with any other hostels in Switzerland, it's not.

Beware!! Reception closes at night. We could not stay on the hostel, because of some issues with the trains we arrived at 11 PM and the reception was closed, we found out this after going up almost 3 floors through a stairway. The location is good and surprisingly half the price other places in Zurich but despite I could not check in they charged me the first night as if I was not able to make it there.

This was the most expensive hostel I have stayed in my entire trip, and had the least facilities. Wifi was only available in the reception area, and sheets were an extra 3CHF to rent. They state this outright, but the cost is quite high already. The kitchen on my floor also did not work at all and there were no outlets to use in the floor's bathroom. Rooms are tiny and cramped.

no elevator. old building. dirty environment. bad and drunk roommate.

Great location! Kitchen and room a little cramped, bathrooms not the cleanest but hey it's hostel living! Had a great time! Roof top patio is nice!

It was great to stay in this hostel and really hard to go to the reception with my baggage at first,but I stil love this hostel! I just wished I could use wifi in the room too.

First of all, don't arrive between 10-4 otherwise you'll be waiting to check in with quite possibly the most hostile and unforgiving Swiss I've ever met. Good luck getting your suitcase up and down the tightly woven wooden spiral staircase! I'm sure I'm sleeping on planks as the mattress is so thin you could make origami. Upon waking it's like a morning ritual in the rooms to see who's back and neck cracks the loudest. Couldn't get out there fast enough! From a well versed traveller...

• 10th Feb 2014

This is probably the worst hostel I have stayed in during my travels around Europe. A word of warning if you have a heavy bag - there are about 3 flights of stairs to go up without a lift plus more depending on where your room is. The building is pretty run down and the showers weren't that good. The stairs to the hostel pass the back of some restaurant kitchens. Upside - free wifi so I could book a different accommodation for when I came back to zurich!

I was so apprehensive coming to this hostel due to the negative reviews, and I seriously don't get what peoples deal is. Its clean, the staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean. The only annoying thing was that the wifi only worked in the reception for me. Really expensive for a hostel, but its Switzerland, everyone knows things are expensive in Switzerland so don't come if you're just going to complain about prices.

It was in a good location right in the hart of the old town, only a 7min walk from the train station or if you drive car carls are with in easy reach about 500m away or a 10min walk

First, there's no lift, second, the receptionist isnt always there or even if they are inside, the lock the room! Ceilings are too low even in the shower area.

Overall, this hostel is great. The showers and bathrooms are kept clean and in order. However, the room where I stayed with 6 beds (Mixed dorm) was a bit small and very crowed if all the beds were being used at once. The internet access is fast and reliable with a computer available for use, though I think it is coin operated.

It is very good hostel :)

1 2 3 4 Next » last »