City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel has a big kitchen which was a good for meeting other people and more than made up for there being no bar. It was spotlessly clean and the showers were good too. They were really insistent on 23:00 silence which made sleep possible. The room I was in had a big window so not too hot at night at all. This is definitely a social hostel without being a party hostel. Would recommend.

The hostel was very good value for money and well located. The breakfast was very good and healthy and the staff were really helpful. The only slight problems were that the room lacked a fan, which would have come in handy in the hot weather. Also the blind in the room did not close all the way to the bottom, so my wife and myself had to go into the toilet opposite to change clothes as the room was on the ground floor overlooking the courtyard.

• 24th Jul 2014

We were upgraded to a six person suite which was very nice. Had a private bath, shower, sauna, kitchen. The common area was pleasant and the activities that the hostel set up were very well put on. Definitely the best way to meet fellow travelers.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I would definitely come back. It had a cool vibe and was really close to everything. I love when hostels arrange things for you to do at night at the hostel. The meatball experience was really fun. You get to cook Swedish meatballs get a three course meal drinks and meet people from the hostel. Also very clean. Only problem I had was the small number of bathrooms for so many people. But that wouldn't stop me from coming back. And you get free pasta to cook.

It was very clean with lots of activities on and had an excellent atmosphere. Lots of space for food and breakfast was really good and filled me up for most of day. Plus free pasta was excellent! Bike ride was a lots of fun and informative and meatball evening was great.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

Staff are so welcoming and willing to do anything to make the customer happy and have a great experience. Great place to meet new friends.

Loved this hostel, perfect location, really good price, room big enough and toilets/showers always clean and with hot water running at any hour of the day. Staff very helpful plus communal areas very nice. Amazing security with codes and lockers. Really enjoyed staying her, will surely be back.

This has been by far my favourite hostel in Europe! The hostel itself is quirky and has an amazing atmosphere and the staff were all great! I became good friends with a lot of them. I will definitely be returning to Stockholm to stay at City Backpackers.

Great hostel with very friendly and knowledgeable staff. It is moderately expensive, but all of Stockholm seems to be! Nice location as it is very close to the train station.

My friend and I have been all over Europe in hostels and this was by far the BEST hostel we stayed at. It has a great outdoor common area and the staff were amazing! We took a Swedish meatball cooking class and a bike tour from the hostel, both we would highly recommend. Wifi was very fast and the entire hostel was always secure. We felt very comfortable staying there.

All around awesome! Did the bike tour and the cooking class with some great staff. I even had a sauna in my room!

Really great, extremely secure and clean.

RECOMMENDED! Great location, just a five minute walk from central station so you can easily get anywhere in Stockholm. Hostel itself is great… good vibe, with a great outdoor space for meeting other travellers and hanging out. I stayed in a twelve bed dorm which was much bigger and spacious than I have stayed in in the past, even had a little sofa area which was nice. One poor point of the room was the door closed quick loudly, but that may just have been because my bed was next to the door.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in Scandinavia. I liked the interior decorations a lot. The room was ample sized, and they have an outdoor patio area, too.

We were very happy! Nice atmosphere, a lot of friendly cool people, very good location, good staff!

Good located, very good atmosphere, clean & perfect service. I definitely recommand it!

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel.

• 9th Jul 2014

about 7 minutes walk from the train station, lots of things to do in the hostel, easy to meet new friends, there are activities most days/nights, if i went bakc i would stay at this hostel

This place was insanely good compared with other hostels. The perfect hostel if any could be perfect. So easy to make friends here, great atmosphere. Most other hostels were very dim but this was well lit. Large cooking area and lots of space even in 8 people rooms. Would definitely recommend.

Hi, great to hear it is easy to make new friends here, that is exactly what we want. We hope that the tours, the activities, the common kitchen and lounge areas helps in achieving this. Welcome back! /Ellinor

Absolutely loved staying at city Backpackers! Due to all the common areas it is really easy to get in contact with new people. Also enjoyed participating in one of the arranged tours (Kayak tour - which was awesome!). Great Hostel! Made my days in Stockholm perfect! Love it!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7