City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Visited à concert at Scalateatern. Perfect distance to this hostel, 75 m maybe. Perfect.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Best hostel I have stayed at!! Definitely recommend it to everyone.

• 14th Nov 2014

Great hostel !!!!! I will advice everyone to stay at this hostel....

Overall I was very happy. The location is good, near the station and main shopping area, but it's a bit of a walk (and only a walk) to the main tourist areas. Facilities are good, it's very clean, it felt secure. I enjoyed the breakfast. I thought was decent value for money - given that Stockholm is notoriously expensive. And I might have to go back on a day when they have the Viking Sauna trip because that looks like hilarious fun.

It is really close from the Central Station, loved the facilities (one of the best hostels facilities I have ever been), really clean and tidy in every point. I loved the hostel. I only think that some of the staff was not really willing to help me, BUT weren't rude, AND the rest of the staff were sooo cool to me, that it completely compensated.

This hostel is amazing. Bit like labyrinth but not so comfusing. The shower is superb! Staffs are great, especially a gentleman who is always in charge during evening, he explained everything you need to know becore you ask and he put extra effort to escort you to the room. Cant thank him enough.

This is a great hostel for the money. Extremely easy to get to and great location. There are plenty of bars and convenient stores nearby. Don't forget to bring your own sheets, otherwise you'll need to rent them. Pasta is free, but you will need your own sauce. Coffee is complimentary, but only at certain times. These were honestly my only, "complaints" if you can even call them complaints.

Best hostel I've stayed in. Very central location, great atmosphere, various common areas to meet people, very social, quiet at night, large kitchen with free pasta, fridges for each room, very well organised. Breakfast must be bought separately (cheaper of you buy at check in) but excellent value for money. Free Swedish movie every night (with English subtitles).

Awesome hostel. Very nice common areas.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Overall the hostel was pretty good. Location is perfect. You can walk everywhere, though I would recommend getting Stockholm card if you are planning to visit many museums, because it also includes public transportation (4 euro every ride!). The weirdest thing was that I had to pay extra for linens. The hostel is already expensive... So be ready for that. Breakfast for $8 is not worth it at all. HOWEVER, the swedish meatball experience was amazing. For just about $20 you get a 3 course meal!

Hello there, I know a lot of people are surprised by the extra charge for sheets that is still quite common in Scandinavia. We try to communicate on our web page and on the booking confirmations that you can also bring your own sheets and save the 3 euros. Sorry to hear you find breakfast expensive (it is 6.5 euros), but I assure you we are one of the cheapest options in the area (unless you fix your own breakfast in the guest kithchen). Thank you and welcome back Ellinor CBP

Very very good!!! Kitchen amd bathroom were very clean, nice common area, specials like free pasta, swedis meal, ...

Had a great stay at this hostel! Great location- close to everything. Perfect for young travelers who want a fun atmosphere.

• 28th Oct 2014

World Class Hostel, super easy to make friends to explore and party with!

Would definitely stay again

This was simply one of the best hostels I've stayed in! The rooms were clean, quiet, nicely decorated and comfortable, the breakfast was fabulous, the showers were hot and there was plenty of them, and the common room areas were really chilled out. AND the staff were so helpful and friendly! I was really sad to leave! The location was perfect for the station and sightseeing, and I would definitely stay again!

Great hostel, awesome common space so lots of opportunity to meet people. Clean and comfortable, great WiFi. Would definitely recommend!

A very cool hostel, great decor, clean and very secure. The cafe is excellent, the internet facilities amazing. The only downsides for me were that the reception didn't open until 8am, 7am when the cafe opens would be better. Also the tour upon arrival wasn't exactly comprehensive, could have definitely been better. Overall though an excellent hostel

Great location. Good facilities. Supercreaky beds and doors.

Really impressed with this hostel. Not too far away from the main station and all the sights. I liked the vibe of the place, everyone was very friendly and outgoing.

wow, clean, friendly, great facilities! rooms partly a little dark, which seems a rediculous comment on a cheap hostel.

• 15th Oct 2014