City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Location is excellent. If you arrive by bus from Arlanda Airport, it's less than a 10 minute walk. Breakfast was also very good and cheap, showers were clean, good facilities (nice kitchen, plenty of areas to relax, wifi access everywhere in the hostel). However, the 12 bed dorm didn't have great ventilation, which you could smell. Wouldn't stay in the 12 bed dorms again, but might take one of the smaller dorms.

• 16th Sep 2014

Decent hostel. Nothing special about it but nothing terrible either, perfectly adequate for a two night stay. Sweden's expensive so the price is about as good as you're going to get. You have to rent linens but that seems to be a thing all over the country. Relatively good location, very convenient to the bus and train station.

• 14th Sep 2014

When it comes to any critiques, I would like to make a comment on the breakfast. This is served in their so called cafe. Unlike any other hostel I've been to, they do not really have a buffet but give you the choice of for example one half of their pre-made sandwiches. also you can have a ration of yoghurt etc. Therefore, unfortunately there is no option of choosing your quantities of bread-veg-cheese ratio etc. also, you are not allowed any more than one half sandwich. very poor service!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Luxembourg

Nice and clean hostel in a central location. Kitchen was good and a few common areas. We booked a private room. It was so small, there wasn't much space for luggage but not really an issue as we didn't spend much time in it. My only complaint was the noise. Despite having a 11pm time for quietness, we were woken up each of the nights (x3) by people coming back from partying. This was around 4am and they went on and on. Other than that, it was a good hostel.

A sociable hostel in the business area of Stockholm. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm and there was plenty of space for everyone. The hostel puts on loads of activities and tours - fab for the solo traveller. Only downsides are that there is no alcohol served on site (7 Eleven down the street though) and I didn't know about the common area and private showers until my last night because the lady checking me in didn't give me a proper tour. I'd stay again though, one of my top five hostels, def

We had a very good stay. The hostel itself was fabulous and it is evident that they do really try to deliver guests the best of services. Unfortunately what put a downer on our stay was the behaviour of other guests. The majority were very friendly but we had food stolen from the fridges and showers and loos were not always left respectably clean after use.

Was only there for 1 night as just passing through Stockholm but really nice place. No wifi issues for me as some others have reported. Really friendly and good staff. Great location, nice pub just down the street and good price compared to Stockholm in general. Most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel.

Great location with a lot of amenities and good security. The staff was a bit mixed. One guy went out with guests a couple nights for a pub crawl, while others just seemed like they were having a bad day. This is a pretty good hostel, but was a bit expensive; not far off from a private hotel room. The outdoor chill area is nice, but the cafe area is only open for breakfast. They would do well to open it in the evenings. Overall I would stay here again.

This is the most friendly hostel I've ever seen! Atmosphere is nice, staff are friedly, there are lockers in the room and rooms can be only opened by the password that is given to you. The front door has a password too and it changes daily, so security is not even a problem for this hostel. The only bad thing was Wifi, it is really poor and you disconnect frequently

Very good hostel, close to the Train station and Flygbussarna bus to Arlanda airport (which I took). Definitely recommend this place. Wifi connection in the room was not that good.

Hello and thank you! Everything was great and we will reccommend it to our friends!!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

CBP was an excellent hostel! The staff was super helpful and friendly. I appreciated that it was quiet at night. There was a great vibe and the breakfast was superb. Loved it all!

• 4th Sep 2014

One of the coolest hostels I have stayed in, not too big so there is an awesome friendly atmosphere, the hostel offered free pasta, so every nigh pretty much everyone is in the kitchen cooking pasta and it's a really social environment

Rooms are in the basement and don't have windows. Anyway air ventilation is good.

Location is very good .

Fun place to stay! Staff was really friendly and helpful. The place was incredibly clean. You have to take off your shoes in the hostel which helped keep it clean. Kitchen is a bit small but they have free pasta! Had a great stay.

Very kind and helpful staff.

• 1st Sep 2014

I like the hostel in general and all the staffs are great, just a slight issue with the dust as I was staying at the 6bed dorm and the last bed towards the end had a bit of dust. Just ensure that corners are not missed when vacuuming.

I stayed only one night at City Backpackers Hostel but the experience was great. The staff is so nice and the rooms are always clean and very secure. I also had breakfast there and it was good. Completely recomended. I hope I can come back soon to Stockolm and stay here again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I loved it at CBP. It was my first time travelling alone but I had a blast, it was one of the best holidays I've had. Very sociable hostel. Very clean, great facilities. Would recommend.

• 30th Aug 2014