City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

I recommend the guided bike tour : the guide was super cool

The best hostel I've stayed in so far in Europe and definitely the best quality that I've had for a pretty good price (extremely affordable compared to the rest of Sweden). The shoe storage area is pretty rank (some guests need to air those puppies out more), but it's a cool layout and very accessible. Three 7-Elevens in the immediate 4 block radius. Friendly, clean, and pretty relaxing.

• 9th Aug 2014

Great place! Best idea was to rent a bike and explore the city sights and parks. Great facilities, even has a sauna and individual room fridges. Brilliant, thanks a lot CBH!

• 8th Aug 2014

Sheets and breakfast should be included in the daily price, without obviously rise it!

Many common rooms, great kitchen, super soft mattress, stylish and clean!

• 5th Aug 2014

very nice hostel! great Location!! I can reccommend it.

This place tries to look really nice fancy and to be honest this is why it caught my attention and made me stay there. But while staying there I realised that this is the wrong focus. The place has a wonderful interior design, specially the reception but the facilities are not as great as the design. For instance there are no hooks in the bathrooms that hold your towel, the showers in the basement are old and don't work well,.... The focus of this place is: nice pictures for the website.

The staff were really helpful and approachable for anything you needed. The location was great as very central. The hostel was a lot quieter than others I have stayed at but not sure if that was because I was there mid week. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• 3rd Aug 2014

City Backpackers would have to be close to the best hostel in Europe. The hostel is a very short walk from the central train/bus stations as well as reasonably close to some of Stockholm's main attractions. I was a big fan of the common areas which promoted a very social atmosphere, particularly given I was travelling alone, and the services which were offered by the hostel (e.g. bicycle hire). The room I was in as didn't get too warm either despite no air conditioning.

Great hostel that is close to everything in stockholm. Too bad its fully booked most of the time due to its popularity, would definitely come back.

Great hostel with a friendly social scene! Free pasta is awesome and a really nice kitchen too. The bike tour that the hostel runs is very interesting, Mike tells some great stories and its a great way to see Stockholm. Would definitely recommend!

Left a longer comment at tripadvisor, but to sum it up I think it was: great staff good location nice mojito night cool people nice old building with a beautiful courtyard - didn't like the "no later than 23-rule" - could have been more social with a different table arrangement outside - no window in the room which made it really hot Overall I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay here again! Backpackers should definitely stay here!

Thank you for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the mojito night and the courtyard. The silence after 23 rule can be annoying when you want to party with all the new friends you have made here, but we always have the café open during night, until 4 in the morning, and there you can sit and chat without disturbing thoose who want to sleep early. Welcome back!

I stayed in the room 'Grinda' and I had a nice hostel experience. It is a room for 12 people, however, it is good as I did not feel it is crowded. There is a big window which gives good ventilation to the room too. The luggage room (when checking-out): I hope inside it, there will be a separate cabinets where we can lock-in our most valuable things (laptops, passports, documents etc).

Generally a nice place to stay, but there so many rules and restrictions. Not a lot of character/personality--pretty granola. Good location near central station and walking distance to other interesting areas of Stockholm.

It's a nice place. Not too quiet, not too loud. Just a nice social atmosphere.

Positive: Awesome common areas. Spacious, organized kitchen. Fabulous showers with huge shower heads from the early 20th century and attachable hoses as well. Lots of bathrooms and showers. Patio area for mellow party crowd. Tight lid on noise at night. Unique, charming atmosphere. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Super clean. Negative: Hostel needs more washers and dryers. I used the sauna to dry my clothes. The available breakfast would barely fill up a bird. I prefer buffets.

Location was pretty good. Just stayed one night but i think its the best option in Stockholm.

In my opinion, the toilets should be cleaned more often for so many people using them in this hostel. Thanks for repairing our air conditioning in our room!

Toilet and Shower are not very convenient.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you did not find the bathroom facilities convenient. Maybe you did not find the section with private showers and toilets? They are newly built and in our opinion really nice.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

A very nice place to stay, clean, spacious. There was plenty of space and the beds were comfy and quiet. This is very important if some people go to bed later than others. This is a good place to stay also for dance festival attendees since it is possible to come back to the room and be quiet when the others are sleeping. I stayed in 8-bed mixed dorm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7