City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Best hostel I have ever stayed!!

You won't find a better hostel than this! So much passion gone into the designing of this place, better than most hotels I've stayed at! Awesome no shoes policy downstairs in the living quarters which should be universalised for all hostels! VISIT CITY BACKPACKERS HOSTEL VISIT STOCKHOLM!!

Wow, that were some great 4 nights I stayed there. I felt really comfortable and safe. Definitely the best hostel I stayed at so far. Met great people while enjoying the free pasta. The facility is greatly equipped. Wish I would have used the sauna every day of my stay. Only did it on my last evening (an instruction how to use it would be helpful tho. I was sitting there so long until I figured out how to make it hot in there). The only minus I have is the breakfast. A buffet would be better.

• 23rd Mar 2015

The best hostel I have ever stayed on, on every level and the only oneI would return to.

Staff are rude & unwelcoming, except Gabriel was cool and helpful. The old guy that checked me in was the worst. I arrived at 8:30pm, there was a pub crawl advertised as leaving at 8, I asked where they went so I could meet up & I would still pay, he said "it's not that kind of thing" WHAT KIND OF THING IS IT? It didnt leave til 10! They also charge for sheets & every little thing. Requested bottom bed in advance, got top bed with no side rail. Not enough showers as there's always a long wait.

City Backpacker's hostel made our trip to Stockholm much much better. The atmosphere was great, each night we were eating, drinking and making friends with everyone in the common room and the kitchen. Free pasta was a plus, facilities were clean, common rooms were comfy, kitchen was well-equipped. Breakfast was a bit overpriced (like everything in Sweden) so I'd recommend going by the grocery store and getting stuff to make your own.

Really great hostel. Very clean and cool place to stay. We would definitely come again and recommend it to anyone travelling to Stockholm.

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel, great location and staff, good value for money.

Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but rooms and kitchen were clean. Free pasta was awesome. It's a nice hostel, lots of hang out space, would go back.

I had chosen it because I needed to pay with credit card. When I arrived they said that their poster wasn't working and didn't allow me to check and asked me to go to an ATM to find cash and return. Then after doing all that and finally checked in, they didn't have time to tell me what to see in the city. Denifenitly not coming back.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at CBP. We had a problem in our whole buildning with the internet company that delivers our connection. We did all we could to fix it, but had to wait until they could find the problem in their end. This affected the card machine and the phone, and due to this emergency the reception had less time than normal to give advice to the guests. We appologize for not living up to the standard we normally have... Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Had a great time at the hostel, would do it again!

• 13th Mar 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel. In honesty I wasn't in much so I probably didn't get the full vibe of the place but I can't imagine anything else than that it would only get better. One of the best things with this hostel compared to others I've visited is that there is an abundance of both toilets and showers, didn't have to wait in cue a single time.

Good hostel. They are more expensive than advertised though. Charge you for linen and the breakfast isn't a buffet. You get yogurt and then an option between a waffle, cereal, or a sandwich. 1 glass of orange juice or coffee.

Very near the center of everything, in a beautiful area. Short walk from the bus station that brings you from the airport. Lovely facilities and staff very helpful as well.

This hostel has created a great atmosphere that attracts young, experienced travelers eager to socialize in any way. The facilities and staff are top notch.

Absolutely brillant!! 100% happy. The best hostel I have been so far.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Awesome hostel ! Staff super friendly and helpful !

10 minute walk from the central train station. Location was great. Staff was very helpful and nice. Being charged for linen rental was a bit unusual but everything else was perfect.

Good location. Good choice for people who want to make new friends, connections.

This was an amazing place! Really easy to meet other friendly travelers, super modern, clean, friendly staff and guests and the free pasta was a life saver in such an expensive city! Would recommend it to anyone, certainly one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

• 6th Mar 2015