City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

A very cool hostel, great decor, clean and very secure. The cafe is excellent, the internet facilities amazing. The only downsides for me were that the reception didn't open until 8am, 7am when the cafe opens would be better. Also the tour upon arrival wasn't exactly comprehensive, could have definitely been better. Overall though an excellent hostel

Really impressed with this hostel. Not too far away from the main station and all the sights. I liked the vibe of the place, everyone was very friendly and outgoing.

wow, clean, friendly, great facilities! rooms partly a little dark, which seems a rediculous comment on a cheap hostel.

• 15th Oct 2014

This is a very good hostel. Totally nice people working there. The atmosphere is superb, the breakfast (especially the delicious coffee) nice. The hostel is very near to the centre of Stockholm. I liked it very much to spend the night there. Great!!!

• 14th Oct 2014

linen was extra, they try and get you to pay for breakfasts and any meals they have right then, but it was a really nice place with a really good atmosphere in the common room and kitchen. I did actually pay for a meatball dinner they had which was good fun.

Ouch, now that is being a bit hard on us don't you think? We charge extra for sheets and breakfast, that's true, but we offer free alternatives: bring your own sheets and use our kitchen for fixing breakfast. About the tours and cooking classes we arrange,though not free, we are happy to be the only hostel in Stockholm to offer that to our guests. Glad to hear your overall impression was good, and that you enjoyed the meatball class!

Good hostel. It's set up a little weird, though. Not as conducive to socializing as other hostels I've been to. I've been to a few "Europe Famous Hostels", this was probably my least favorite one. Fine enough stay, but the other ones I've been to are really quite good.

The hostel is great, friendly, clean and comfortable, though at night air conditiong (or some kind of air flux) was turned off, and air in room got really stuffy (also because some of the people didn't had any shower or anything..) and it was hard to get on

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Hello, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the air condition. It is automatic and should always be on. I will pass on to our janitor to have a look at it. I'm glad you had a great stay otherwise! Thank yo and welcome back! CBP

Very nice hostel in the center of stockholm, clean room and bathrooms. The staff was good at english and everything was good.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Our stay at city backpackers hostel was fantastic. They had bike rentals for 50 sek, which was the perfect way to explore Stockholm. Like mentioned, the hostel had free pasta and you just gotta make your own sauce. The common lounges and kitchen are great for meeting people. There is a Foosball table in the reception area. Highly recommend the Swedish meatball experience. The hostel is very clean (shoes-off policy). Overall, a very pleasant time at the hostel

• 8th Oct 2014

I was very impressed with this hostel. The dorm was nothing special but the kitchen was good and spotlessly clean. I thought the one fridge per dorm was a great idea. Checkout at 10am was a bit early but when I asked about storing my luggage, nothing was a bother, in fact I was still able to use the facilities. For me that was a great help because I was catching the 16:30 boat to Helsinki and I didn't want to be dragging my luggage around town. My only complaint would be the no linen.

Love this hostel. I have been returning and staying here fr the last 10 years. Made some great friends at City Backpackers.

Great location and walking distance to train and bus station. Cool hostel with options such as sauna, long boards, bikes etc. facilities were generally quite clean but there was a used condom on the floor under my bed so that took the rating down. Would recommend this place though.

• 7th Oct 2014

Amazing staff. Participated in the Swedish Meatball Experience, and it was definitely a highlight of my time in Sweden. Super expensive, but its Sweden, everything is expensive. Women's showers need locks on the doors. My girlfriend got walked in on while taking a shower.

Everything was definitely great, congrats for all you achieved with such nice space. The only issue I would suggest is to improve the access to the luggage room. My 2 bags were super heavy and big and I had to carry them through a tiny stairs corridor :) worst then going down, is to go up the stairs, holding bags, trying not to fall and be able to release one hand to open the door hehehe. But hey, cool hostel, enjoyed a lot, keep up the good work. And great staff too.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Very close to the central train station.Staff are very friendly and helpful.Big outdoor patio and indoor common room.Unfortunately,the beds are saggy and creaky and upper bunks are stuffed underneath duct pipes.Overpriced,like everything else in Stockholm.

it is a really good hostel with great location in the city center. all attractions are accessible by foot so u can save a lot on transportations. i really love tue guest kitchen there, its big with enough room for meeting different travellers. also i love the private shower room.

Had a brilliant stay here! The hostel is great, the staff were very nice, and I met some wonderful people who I will hopefully be friends with for many years! The location is good as well and they have free Wi-Fi in the whole hostel! Plus enough WCs and showers. I had no problems finding a free shower or WC whenever I needed.

• 3rd Oct 2014

Nice clean rooms, easy to find however lady at the desk was as little rude. Everyone else was friendly enough.

The hostel was very well equipped, clean and staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and security codes were required for the building and the rooms. There are some good activities on some nights, such as the meatball experience, pub tour and quiz. The location is fairly central and close to some good but cheap eateries.

Really cool hostel, great wifi really good common areas to sit a and drink with your new travelling mates, staff really friendly and helpful and join you for a drink on a night out. Would love to stay again, and free pasta in kitchen!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7