City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

First time staying in a hostel. First trip alone. I could not choose better. One of my friend suggested this hostel and I have done well to follow his advice. Clean, nice design, great location, safe, honest price and with many activities and possibilities.

• 3rd Apr 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The common areas are great places to meet people so it was very social despite not having a bar -but the bedrooms were always quiet enough to sleep in at night. It was very secure, clean, and great location (safe, near train station, old town, etc). They had organized activities including a pub tour. Price is about average for a quality Scandinavian hostel; onsite cafe with well-priced food. There is not someone at the reception desk 24/7.

• 31st Mar 2014

It would be nice if the staff told me at check-in that they send me an email, or I won't miss the mail about activities. Bed liners are not included, you have to pay extra. Showers are in the female dorm but no toilets in the room. Kitchen is nice and clean, each room has it own fridge. Common area is nice and cosy. The breakfast was good. Met many nice people there while staying. By the way, they have wifi everywhere, which is very good. Not far from the central station.

The best hostel I have ever stayed. I really could not think in anything negative, the staff is really helpful and friendly, the rooms and mattress are good, the environment is really good either for those who are traveling with friends or alone. Great time there, would definitely recommend it.

Hi, thank you so much for the kind words and welcome back! /Ellinor, CBP

Absolutely good not have been better if it tried. So much on offer, a lot of which was free, and the staff were always welcoming and friendly. Perfect location too for a nice stroll in to town and very close to the Arlanda Express back to the airport. If and when I visit STockholm again I will certainly be staying here again!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Staff is very friendly, great atmosphere. They hold events so remember to check! Common room, kitchen good. Additional breakfast good as well!

Great hostel! close to the central station, safe (code to get in the hostel and each room), good breakfast (a little bit expensive, though) and very clean.

One of the best hostel I have stayed at. Hostel facilities very good and clean. Nice bar and common area to meet ppl. If arriving late don't forget to tell them, the hostel doors close for real and no way to get in, I was lucky to get in and much thanks to Johnny for helping me out.

the best hostel we've traveled to so far! i literally felt at home the moment i walked in. the staff is friendly, the kitchen is huge, super well-equipped and clean - a place where everybody meets up and gets to know each other! (not to mention their free pasta! :D ) rooms are spacey and cosy. next time i definitely have to try out their sauna! :) plus, the hostel is a five-minutes walk away from the central station and also in walking distance to gamla stan!

• 17th Mar 2014

The hostel is great and very well located. I would definitely recommend it and go back next time I visit Stockholm!

The best hostel I’ve stayed in so far! Felt just like home and the bed was even more comfortable than my one. Hihi! When buying breakfast at check-in it’s cheaper - and it’s worth it. At least if you like a cheese-sandwich made with love.

*6 beds mixed room ensuite Backpackers is really well placed, in a good neighboorhood nearby downtown, with an easy access to train and underground. The facilities are good (computers available, beds, wiriless, sockets, etc), and allow the hostel to have a good atmosphere. I could easy make new friends because there are a shared living room and kitchen (besides the one in my room). Some activities are planned by Backpackers which helps travelers to go deep into city's sightseeings.

I thought this hostel was fantastic. It was a very welcoming atmosphere from the moment i arrived. Their interactive board in reception made it easy for a solo traveller to see what activities were available to join.The loction was great and very central. The only thing think is slightly odd is the charge for bed linen. Completely appreciate it costs money to clean but I think it is expected to be included in the price.

Very clean hostel with lots of clean bathrooms! It was quite the party hostel, so don't book if you're wanting a good night's sleep!

Hello, Thank you for your input. We will do our best to reduce the nice after 11 pm. Our nihgt staff are instructed to invite people who want to sit and talk up to the café where there are no neighbouring rooms that can be disturbed, and to give those who want to party good advice on where to go. I hope this will help, since we do think it is important that you are able to get a good nights sleep.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Well deserved #1 :) Just sad people wouldn't follow the "take the party elsewhere after 11pm" rule, even after being asked.

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I will make sure our night staff work even harder to keep the noice down after 11 pm. We have a café that is open during the night, where those who want to sit and chat after 11 wont disturb anyone, we just have to make sure to get people in there instead.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Good location near central train station; great atmosphere with lots of common space to relax and socialise; Wifi worked well; rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. Bed linen costs extra (unless you bring your own, which seems to be the norm in Sweden). However, I don't understand why they require removal of shoes in the hostel for the sake of cleanliness, yet still allow people to use their own, potentially dirty bed linen. Bottom line, it's a fun and clean hostel; highly recommended!

Good location, very clean and accessible hostel. Was a lack of atmosphere during my stay, but apart from that couldn't ask for anything more from this hostel!

Should be noted that the hostel is underground and that when you book a double you get a whole bunk bed room for you...not bad but a problem if you dont wanted to have bunkbeds

A great hostel all round- cleanliness and security were fantastic and the place had great decor/atmosphere, especially around the common area, and also had helpful staff. Location was ideal - a 10-15 minute walk to the old town and perfect for getting to an early shuttle bus to the airport. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again if returning to Stockholm!

Lovely hostel even with check out chocolate. Big kitchen but so many people during dinner hours. Very nice decorations as well. Clean private bathrooms.