City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

The staff were rude upon arrival. The systems and the rules were inconvenient and not necessary, especially different security codes for different days. For example, my phone died and I didn't remember the code to get in. I had to wait a couple of hours before someone else came back. No one should have to pay for linen it should be included.

• 27th Aug 2015

Sorry to hear thar you didn't like our set up with codes. We prioritze safety and security high on our list to protect guests as much as possible. We don't think it's fair that people who have their own beds sheets an sleeping bags be forced to pay for linen, so that's why we give our guests the option if they want to burrow bed sheets from us. Some people do not like to carry bed sheets with them. We will speak to the staff involved to see find out what happened upon your check-in. KIndly CBP

My train was delayed so I arrived after the reception closed, but the staff were excellent in ensuring I could get in and sleep after almost 20 hours on trains!

The staff was very friendly and helpful to us and we always felt that it was a good environment to be in. Happy that we chose this hostel, well worth the price.

• 26th Aug 2015

Couldn't recommend this place more, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Great atmosphere, perfect for meeting people- whether you want to go out every night, just have a couple of drinks at the hostel, or just chill and watch TV. Great kitchen facilities(free pasta!), nice rooms, loads of different common areas. Really friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely be returning

Great location close to main train and bus stations. I think for the price they should include more things like a towel or breakfast. nice sponsored activities but could be even more! awesome and friendly staff. like the no shoes policy inside. good outside courtyard. showers on only one level but rooms on two floors. overall good spot.

Security in the building is excellent. Great layout, mostly private showers, private wash rooms were great. Great atmosphere to be place. Pretty easy to meet people. Didn't interact with the staff too much but when I did they were helpful and nice. Location is great, only a few blocks away from central station. Highly recommend this place

Great staff and atmosphere! Lots of fun things put on by the hostel! The free pasta in the kitchen is amazing and helps save tons of money in a very expensive city! Only complaint is that the showers aren't ventilated well and there is also no barrier to keep the water from spreading on the floor...which together makes it hard to keep your clothes for the day dry. Otherwise only positives! Great hostel!

• 24th Aug 2015

We are glad to hear that you had such a fun time at our hostel! We are renovating our bathrooms one by one throughout the year to improve the quality. Welcome back again! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Great hostel. with a lot of activities for ther guests. they have different meeting chill out area s to hang out and meet people. a nice sitting area outside, inside the hostel. the located is in walking distance to to centre and centrel station Rooms and showers where good too

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff were all super friendly. This hostel has a different design in the interior than I am not used to. It is a bit of a maze to find your room, however once you have done it there is no problem. This hostel is a shoe free hostel meaning you leave your shoes in a common area and walk through the hostel in your socks or bare feet. Amenities were very good, and there are several places to socialize with other travelers. I would definitely stay here again.

Thanks so much for your kind words! Great that you had a wonderful experience here. Welcome back anytime. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Unbelievably great place to stay if you want to save money and like other people.

• 23rd Aug 2015

A great place to stay in central Stockholm. I would definitely stay here again :)

Great hostel with really friendly staff. Bathrooms are clean and modern with good showers. Really nice room and the kitchen was fantastic. Each room is allocated a fridge so there is space for food. There is lots of space to chill out and wifi was great. Location isn't too bad as it takes about 15 minutes to walk to the main centre areas. Codes for all the doors is a clever idea and makes the hostel safe. Only issue is remembering all of them! Would stay here again when returning to Stockholm!

Really good Hostel and the location, staffs were very helpful and was easy to find out about the things that we wanted to do. Very clean, safe and facilities are great, overall I enjoyed my stay at backpackers hostel and would happily recommend it to anyone.

Little late with this review, but stayed for 4 nights in August 2015. First hostel experience and was by far the best one on my trip. Great location, amazing staff. Extremely social atmosphere. Couldn't hold back from visiting Stockholm again and will be staying here again in June.

Everything was OK

Hands down best hostel in Stockholm. Everything is set up to make sure you have a good time, not just somewhere to crash. Special mention for "Bike Mike" and his madcap bike tour - highly recommended!

Aw thank you so much! That means a lot to us. I will pass on your super kind words to Bike Mike! I love his nickname and tour name. Maybe we will use this in the future. Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Can't say enough good things about this hostel! You must stay here! Met the best people, great wifi, it's clean, and in a central location. Doesn't get much better than this

Good location of hostel, ten minutes from the train station. Nice seating area for the evenings however rooms backing onto this are noisy as a result. Comfy beds, lights and plugs at each bed. Small-ish lockers in rooms. Range of events during the week but these aren't cheap. Not many showers for the number of people, and these are tucked away downstairs. Nice kitchen. Good wifi throughout. Free tea and coffee in reception. Decent breakfast - not cheap but quite good value. Yummy cinnamon buns!

Thanks for your honesty about the showers. We are currently refurbishing some of our showers as we speak. We have plans to redo the others during the remaing year so that we can improve the standards for guests. I'm glad you tried out the buns! They are something that one should definitely try when in Sweden. Next time you are here, you are welcome to visit us. Cheers Charmaine CBP

Backpackers is great, staff are very friendly and helpful. The hostel is very secure although you do have a lot of security codes to remember! The facilities are great - they offer free pasta so if you're on a budget you can cook in the hostel kitchen (which is well equipped). The location is good - located at the top of the main shopping street in the city however you may find you spend most of your time towards the old town/sodermalm which is a 15 -20min walk.

• 16th Aug 2015

This is a great Hostel in central Stockholm. A short walk from Central train station, it has everything you need. Good facilities, common areas, helpful advice and a friendly social atmosphere.