City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

It was an awesome stay. Great hostel, great staff.

• 5th Jun 2014

This building is gorgeous and clean and has huge windows and then a full very clean and well designed basement as well with loads of extra clean toilets and showers (private) with no wait time. There are tons of common areas to lounge in, the kitchen has fridges for each room and lots of space to cook. They thought of every detail. The staff is super helpful and you can even print your boarding pass for Free! :-) There are free use of computers, Internet and the area is stunning. Lovely!!!

Thank you so much, happy to hear that you appreciate our freebies and facilities! Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Just stay here!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at City Backpackers Hostel and I would definitely go back there again!!!!

Great hostel with a unique style. You can find many energetic travelers and make a group of new friends here. Very good and complete facilities and free pasta is a nice complimentary. Even though I'm not quite familiar with coded security system for all doors, but it's not very hard to get use to it. Will definitely recommend it.

Fantastic hostel! Free pasta is amazing! Great staff, nightly events, chill courtyard and common areas. Best place to stay in Stockholm! If you are young and want to party, this is a good place to be as well. Well organized nights out with the staff - highly recommended!

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at, and man it's a hard one to follow. There were several rooms to hang out and were located right outside your dorms; it definitely made for a great environment to just meet new people and relax. Also, the organization of the kitchen was just absolutely fantastic. Fridges separated by rooms, and a separate fridge of people's leftovers/free food. And unlimited pasta! Yes! Overall, amazing hostel, reception's helpful, bathrooms and dorms were both great.

Best hostel I've been to in a long time. The standard features of a good hostel are present: clean, good lockers, friendly staff etc, but it's the small things which make the biggest impact for me. Firstly there's free pasta in the kitchen, which gets a lot of people cooking food and talking and fosters community. Secondly I enjoyed the free Swedish film nights because they were good fun and educational about Swedish culture. The paid breakfast is big and filling!

Hello! Glad to hear you enjoyed the pasta and the film nights, and you are right, the cooking does seem to get people talking to each other. Welcome back! Ellinor CBP

This place was just a seriously cool hostel. Super location, really cool inside with all of the retro/modern decor. I loved the no shoes policy. Breakfast was yummy and not too expensive. It was really clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Great vibe from this place, I would definitely stay again.

I stopped by in the morning to see if there was an available room, and I was rudely informed (after being questioned about my nationality) that there was no room available and that the person at the front desk did not know the phone number for another backpackers. I then looked at availability on hostel world and found that, in fact, there was an available room for that night. I don't know what the guys name is, but he very rude an unhelpful.

• 31st May 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, great location, lovely staff and a great breakfast, GREAT WORK :)

• 30th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location and very spacious room. Will stay again during my next visit of Stockholm.

I loved this place, and unfortunately I could only stay one night. I picked a very busy weekend to visit Stockholm, so most places were filled up, and I had to change hostels. The hostel is clean, the staff is very friendly, and the hostel is within easy walking distance from the main train station. They also organize activities if you're interested, and I did a pub crawl and bicycle tour. I highly recommend this place.

Don't pay for the breakfast you can find better options for breakfast at the same price near the hostel. The best thing about the hostel is the location

Great stay and excellent staff. Hostel is very secure and clean. Kitchen is well equipped if you prefer to cook your own meals.

I am a young man who travels so many times a year so I have been in so many Hostels in my life, I can say for reall that CBP is one of the best Hostels I have ever been if not the best, cool stuff nice rooms clean and kitchen full with everything you need to make a nice hot meal or any other dish you wish to have, WI-FI supper fast and location is so close to any place you look for,, shops,bars Restaurents,,,ext

• 28th May 2014
  • Lebanon

Very nice hostel with helpfull staff! Location was good. Less than 10 minutes walk to the city hall and a 5 minute walk to the Central Station. The pubcrawl was cool but it would be even cooler to end up in a (blg) club. The security is very good, but with those passwords (changes every day) for your room and entrance door it was sometimes getting a bit complicated. Here is more than enough to do, such as making meatballs, doing a bike tour and so on! So CBP is the best choice in Stockholm

It is very nice hostel, clean, best location, staff are very friendly

The location for this hostel is excellent and the building is very cool. I did not think it was a very clean hostel and the beds were terrible. Tends to get loud at night, but they do a good job of keeping the common area quiet after midnight. The walls between rooms are very thin, so you do hear your neighbors.

• 25th May 2014

It's a nice hostel but the beds are really bad! Also if you are looking for a place where you can rest after a long day sightseeing DO NOT go there. It's really noisy!