City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

I thought this hostel was fantastic. It was a very welcoming atmosphere from the moment i arrived. Their interactive board in reception made it easy for a solo traveller to see what activities were available to join.The loction was great and very central. The only thing think is slightly odd is the charge for bed linen. Completely appreciate it costs money to clean but I think it is expected to be included in the price.

Very clean hostel with lots of clean bathrooms! It was quite the party hostel, so don't book if you're wanting a good night's sleep!

Hello, Thank you for your input. We will do our best to reduce the nice after 11 pm. Our nihgt staff are instructed to invite people who want to sit and talk up to the café where there are no neighbouring rooms that can be disturbed, and to give those who want to party good advice on where to go. I hope this will help, since we do think it is important that you are able to get a good nights sleep.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Well deserved #1 :) Just sad people wouldn't follow the "take the party elsewhere after 11pm" rule, even after being asked.

Hello! Thank you for your comment. I will make sure our night staff work even harder to keep the noice down after 11 pm. We have a café that is open during the night, where those who want to sit and chat after 11 wont disturb anyone, we just have to make sure to get people in there instead.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Good location near central train station; great atmosphere with lots of common space to relax and socialise; Wifi worked well; rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. Bed linen costs extra (unless you bring your own, which seems to be the norm in Sweden). However, I don't understand why they require removal of shoes in the hostel for the sake of cleanliness, yet still allow people to use their own, potentially dirty bed linen. Bottom line, it's a fun and clean hostel; highly recommended!

Good location, very clean and accessible hostel. Was a lack of atmosphere during my stay, but apart from that couldn't ask for anything more from this hostel!

Should be noted that the hostel is underground and that when you book a double you get a whole bunk bed room for you...not bad but a problem if you dont wanted to have bunkbeds

A great hostel all round- cleanliness and security were fantastic and the place had great decor/atmosphere, especially around the common area, and also had helpful staff. Location was ideal - a 10-15 minute walk to the old town and perfect for getting to an early shuttle bus to the airport. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again if returning to Stockholm!

Lovely hostel even with check out chocolate. Big kitchen but so many people during dinner hours. Very nice decorations as well. Clean private bathrooms.

Everything worked just perfect. I'll be sure to pass on the good word about you and probably come again myself! Thank you! :)

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Finland

Thank you! Glad to hear you had a good stay, and welcome back. /Ellinor CBP

I have scored this hostel all excellents. I have been in a lot of hostels travelling the world and this stands out as one of the best easily, if not the best. So so cheap, especially as the location is amazing. Could not find one fault AT ALL with this hostel, each time I return to Stockholm this is going to be my place to stay EVERY SINGLE TIME.

• 4th Mar 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words, and welcome back! Ellinor CBP

Only stayed for one night, but I really enjoyed myself and the atmosphere was great! Thank you!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Large common room and spacious kitchen. Big dorms as well. Couldn't ask for more!!

The downstairs rooms have a bit of a bunker feeling at first. That said, they are brightly lit and spacious. The beds are comfortable, and the (few private) showers are some of the best I have ever seen in a hostel.

Best Hostel I have ever been in so far!

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next » last »