City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Staff was very helpful and kind. The entire place was spotless and yet maintained a really cozy atmosphere. Especially liked the center lounge near the computers, where there were wall benches and pillows. Perfect place to pull up tired feet to read.

• 11th May 2014

Best hostel ive ever stayed in

One of the best hostel have ever seen.

Great hostel.15mins walk from Gamla stan(Old Town)All shoes removed at reception so, kept clean & the key codes on almost every door is a excellent idea. As well there are huge lockers in all dorms so, can relax about laptops,cameras, etc.,etc.Only tiny problem was the air con was a little bit high a few nights so, ended up with a sore throat when I woke 1 morning.But , apart from that,i thoroughly enjoyed my stay at City Backpackers. Would definitely go there again if ever in Stockholm.

I had a blast here. Definitely a good place to stay.

It's a great hostel with heplful staff and amazing people:) atmosphere and all the events were awesome! Coming back for sure!! Thank you)

Dislikes: -The lock I brought didn't quite fit the lockers they had in the rooms. Likes: -Great atmosphere in the kitchen and cafe areas to socialize and enjoy/cook the free pasta. -Walking distance (5-30 mins) to all major museums in the area. -Making Swedish meatballs with new master chef, Ollie.

• 5th May 2014

The atmosphere of the place is very inviting. If you want to meet people it's great! But there's no pressure, so it's also nice if you're looking to just keep to yourself. The code system works really well (rather than having keys) and I like that you have to take off your shoes when entering the dorm part. It helps make you feel like you're home. My only issue is that it's the City BACKPACKERS Hostel, but the lockers in my room were too small to fit a backpack...

• 4th May 2014

One of the best Hostels I've ever been

One of my all-time favourite hostels. Amazing place (is like a labyrinth on the inside)! Free pasta. Amazing people. Book it immediately!

City Backpackers is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff was very cool and fun to talk to, the space was interesting and very clean; Anyone going to Stockholm should definitely try to book this hostel! I am not sure how they do it, but all of the travelers in the hostel were very friendly and open to hanging out with each other. The hostel was very flexible and would open another space for people to hang out in if the common room became too loud (instead of disbanding the group).

The showers are all on the bottom Floor, so if you're on the top floor it's quite a trek from your room. Staff are really good. Bike tour was fun, learnt interesting facts about Stockholm. Quite a few communal areas, very easy to meet people.

We were staying for a weekend trip in Stockholm. Thanks for the great time! I especially appreciated the cozy atmophere and cleanliness. Also, the breakfast opportunity in the cafe was great. Awesome tipps from one of you at the reception. The only thing missing was a towel rack/hook. But that is nothing to complain about. :-) Thank you!

• 26th Apr 2014

I have been travelling for 2 months in Europe and I had traveled through 5 countries in South America always hosteling, and I have to say it was the best hostel I have ever been! It has a sauna, pasta, computers and printer for free, and the amosphere and staffs are great! Highly recommend this hostel!

A really nice hostel. Everything was really clean and had a sweet layout. A little pricey but everything is in Scandinavia. Definitely would recommend if you want a nice place to stay.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Clean, really great kitchen facilities, lots of cool places to sit and socialize. Absolutely loved it!

• 24th Apr 2014

I can understand why this hostel rates so highly! Close to main train station, great facilities, fun pub crawl and very friendly guests!

One of the best hostels I´ve been to! Everything was just perfect, the location, staff, atmosphere, security was wonderful. If I come back to Stockholm I´ll definitely come back!

They have a great staff who host really fun events. Make swedish meatballs then go on the pub tour!

• 22nd Apr 2014

This has been my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed in a good amount of hostels). The staff was beyond willing to help make our stay as good as possible, and recommend things to do and see. They have activities everyday from a bike tour, to a swedish meatball cooking class to a pub crawl. They're all super fun and help you meet other people in the hostel. The rooms were clean and very safe and the beds were actually comfortable. It's a really cool hostel and centrally located!

• 22nd Apr 2014