City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Staff had poor attitude, location was not prime, atmosphere was lacking, room was pricey

Hi, Sorry to hear you did not have a good stay with us. For being right in the center of Stockholm, our prices are good compared with other establishments, but I understand if you find them high compared to other European cities.. Regarding the attitude of the staff, apparently we have failed in giving you the positive welcome that we want to give all our guest, and I am sorry about that. Kindly, Ellinor City Backpackers

The best hostel I have ever stayed so far. That's all I can say about it.

very comfortable place. they provide lots of things for free.

Great hostel. Although it's large, the common rooms are great so it's easy to meet people. Really good location, easy to walk to the main station, very close to shopping areas and walkable to most other things as well.

As a female solo traveler it was a safe and relaxed place, they screened Swedish films each night at the cafe, which was quite nice of them. The breakfast was good value for money and the facilities clean and organised. Just one minus- the dryers just didn't actually dry the clothes. I paid 50kronas for the washing machine and dryer, which was a bit of a waste as I couldn't pack my clothes dry the next morning. Other than than great place and great people!

Excellent hostel! I travelled alone, and the staff were incredibly hospitable and welcoming. The facilities were amazing, the toilets were really clean, beds were comfortable, and really near main train station. It's also about 10-15 minutes walk from the old town.

Location was close to the train station, but a bit of a walk to Gamla Stan or Sodermalm. Good atmosphere and easy to meet people in the common room or kitchen. Free pasta and ice skates are a bonus!

Great place to be in. Convenient location, friendly staff and a range of facilities all available there. Recommended.

Great looking Hostel. Staff were all very nice. The hostel has a very pleasant feeling about it. I was just there for one night and arrived late at night and nothing was an issue. This provided me with everything that I could want/need from a hostel that, being in the location that it is and being in Stockholm, was as good value to quality ratio that anyone could hope for.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Probably the best place i have stayed until now. Just from the begining the staff is so friendly and always helpful. The hostel is so cosy, taking out ur shoes and entering in like that makes u feel at home and also the atmosphere and the decoration is great! It s so clean and useful!! Definitely i will be back to cbp hostel!!

I absolutely loved this place! I visit stockholm relatively regularly and have stayed in a few hostels, but this one is the best hands down!! A great vibe, awesome friendly staff, huge clean rooms, great common areas to meet people, an awesome kitchen and perfect location! Couldn't really be better, and a good price too!!

Thank you for your comment. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed City Backpackers! Welcome back, Ellinor CBP

This was a great hostel! The location is close to a bus stop, the train station, shopping, and night life. I would definitely book this hostel again.

I have been to the hostel for the 7th time and I just love it. It is so cozy, not far away from the main shopping street, offers great activities to participate in. Just awesome.

Such cool decoration!!! Wished we were there for the community activities, but enjoyed the sauna and the location. A confusing layout but staff is helpful to find your way!!

excellent hostel, CONGRATULATIONS!

Great hostel. Atmosphere conducive to meeting people. Space to relax. Swedish meatballs was a good experience, I can recommend it. Breakfast is a reasonable deal also. Wished I bought more breakfast vouchers upon check-in, as it was cheaper. Would stay again.

Style over substance. This place is extremely clean and funky looking but that's all it has to offer. When we arrived the staff knocked off early and left us a key but no sheets. There were no showers on our floor - 2 tiny ones downstairs - no where to hang clothes or get dressed - the shower door opens out to the hallway so you can get dressed in a pool of shower water or walk through the common room in a towel. But your room doesn't have a mirror. Everyone in the common room looks miserable.

Hello, I'm sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. The reception closed early the night you arrived, but the night porter was there all night, you must have missed each other. It's at pity you did not find the section with private showers, located downstairs, one minute's walk from the room you stayed in . You are right, we should have more hangers, and mirrors (might make people less miserable looking too) in the room, I will put it on the to do list right away. /Ellinor

It is not good as people rated. I really done like their female bathroom which has no lock and if someone accidentally open the door he/she can see everything inside

Best hostel i've ever been to! If youre staying in Stockholm, just stop looking for places to stay cause this is it. Staff was nice and helpful, everything was very clean, kitchen was a great place to cook and meet people. Everything was in walking distance. If you stay here, do the Swedish meatballs on Wednesday cause its worth the money and its a lot of fun!

Best hostel I've ever beed! Location is a plus, very clean, great atmosphere and the building is just awesome!!