City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Loved the kitchen facilities and fridges. Sauna was a nice bonus. Washing machine very expensive, over 6€ for one wash and showers nog always clean in morning. And somewhat quiet in atmosphere. But great location makes up for that since you can easily go out for a drink.

• 31st Jan 2015

Enjoyed our stay but the man who greeted us, although welcoming, confused us with how the doors worked, where our room was situated and where the facilities were. The hostel is quite a maze. Still a rather central location and close to the central station. Staff not overly helpful when asked what to see and do. I felt like I had to interview them and force the answers out of them.

Hello Olivia, Sorry to hear you did not get a proper introduction when you arrive. Our code system is safe and practical, but takes a bit of explaining, which is why we try to always walk the guests in to the hosel and pointing out which code goes where and why. I guess that did not happen in your case, sorry for that... And also we should absolutely be availble for asking questions about the city, don't know what happened there, but will find out. Kindly, Ellinor City Backpackers

Stayed here at the end of January in a four bed mixed dorm. Rented towels, bed sheets, bought a padlock, with three nights stay plus two breakfasts cost around 900sek. Lovely helpful staff, gorgeous common room area. The showers are pretty good, the beds are comfy, the breakfast is tasty. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Nearly everything was good. Especially the common room deserves a special mention. It is easy to find a friendly group in the common room. One minor negative thing is that, for the price paid, I was expecting a better shower room. It is not bad, but surely it can be improved. Also, it could have slightly bigger lockers, to fit a small backpack in addition to the carry-on luggage.

Great time! Place was very clean and secure. Only issue were bathrooms and showers were a bit far from room and breakfast was not included.

Was a great hostel, very clean and fun activities in a great location of the city!

This hostel is the best I experienced so far: very close to the train station, crazy clean, free sauna, very comfy areas to chill... I met a lot of great people there!

It is ok. It has a sauna, which is a plus. The only bad thing is that if you stay in the female dorm you have to pass through the courtyard to reach the dorm, and this is not very comfortable when the weather is cold, rainy or snowy. Another bad thing about the female dorm is that there is a shower (not a very nice one) but no hair dryer, so if you need to wash and dry your hair you have to go to the main building. Anyway, it is a nice hostel with a friendly staff, and I would recommend it.

Great place to meet fellow travelers. Good location if you like to walk everywhere, which I do. FREE PASTA.

Great hostel, great staff.

Awesome hostel with the best setup! You have a personal light and power point next to your bed, lockers, fun things to do each day/night at the hostel if you want, or a great location in the city centre to explore from, plenty of freebies, relaxed atmosphere and plenty of awesome fellow travellers to meet. Stockholm is an amazing city too! Absolutely loved my stay here and wish it could've been longer! Pro tip - make the meatballs. (:

Lovely stay as usual. Convenient stay close to the train station.

Charming hostel inspired by the backpacker culture. If you enjoy backpacking through Australia you will love this place.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

CBP is an amazing hostel!!! I like the atmosphere so much! The location is pretty good, just a few minutes walk from the central station and most of the attractions. Also the staff there is really friendly and helpful, they did me a big favor helping me with my super heavy luggage. I definitely recommend everyone to choose here during your stay in Stockholm!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Great Hostel. Only thing odd is the extra charge for bedsheets, pillow case and blanket. I suppose this is something common in Sweden. Have stayed in lots of other Hostels and have never been charged for bed linen.Otherwise awesome hostel and really easy to find. Thanks!

Excellent place to stay in Stockholm. Very well located. Clean and cool vibe. Kitchen facilities are very good. Very comfy beds.

Place, location and facilities are good. I arrived late but the staff, even if they sent me an email with all the information, were waiting for me. Very good.

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay at your hostel. I really appreciated being able to use the sauna, although it would be even better if the free sauna hours were more frequent, not only once a week. Also, the free pasta you mention in the advertisement is a little misleading, it rather suggests that there is a pasta bar ready to eat.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hello! Thank you for staying with us! The sauna is free everyday, from 17-19 for men and 19-20 for women. Kindly, Ellinor

Very good location, just a few blocks from the central station. I felt the place was very secure, as there was a code for just about every door in the place. Wi-Fi was good. The staff was very friendly. The pub crawl was also quite fun and a good way to meet others from the hostel. I didn't like that you had to pay for breakfast and linens and towels. For the price, these things should be included. Overall, a great experience and a nice hostel to stay in.

I keep recommending this place to everyone I meet that is heading to Stockholm. It was huge, had loads of space, was the cleanest (and coolest decorated) hostel I've ever stayed in, and was in a prime location just 10 minutes walk from the central station (and metro to everywhere else in the city). I partly just couldn't get over the level of quality this place was rocking. Hostelschmostel, its more like what I want my apartment to look like. Thanks for a brief but lovely stay City Backpackers

Hi Elisabeth! Thank you for your comment. We are happy to hear that you liked the decoration. If you cant make your apartment look the same, you are welcome to move in with us instead. Kindly, Ellinor CBP