City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Aaaaaamazing place! So modern, clean, and cool! It seems like a real world house or something like that. Lounge area, outdoor patio, full chef size kitchen, key pads instead of keys, free coffee, water and pasta Perfect location! Walk to the sights, you don't need to take public transportation This place was amazing, I can't say enough good things. I will never be able to look at another hostel the same way haha!

Thanks so much for the fabulous review! Hope you come back to visit us. Cheers Charmaine CBP

Extremely clean, large beds & friendly staff. The rooftop chill out area is nice and the wifi is strong. The TV was an awesome bonus too! Lots of bars near by and very close to the sky train.

An excellent hostel in every way. Location, facilities, atmosphere, cleanliness... I don't know how they could improve anything. 100% my "go to" hostel in Stockholm.

You are an excellent guest in every way!:) Thanks so much for the fabulous comment! We really do appreciate that you notice our efforts to help guests have an enjoyable stay. Please do come and visit us again! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Good place. Good sized kitchen to cook in, rooms are nice and cozy, and there's a courtyard where everyone can get together and hang out / meet and greet. Good vibe too.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel has some really nice features- a few free things and a nice computer area etc- the only thing is its noisy! Wooden creaky floorboards, squeaky bed springs - a cleaning lady who hovers every room every day - my room faced the courtyard which was noisy too in the evenings- and right next to the main door which is obviously shutting and opening all day and night - I couldn't sleep!

Sorry to hear that you had problems with your sleep. Did you let one of our staff know? We could of given you earplugs at least to help. We are sending out our bed controller Kevin to check out the squeaky bed springs.We don't usually get complaints about the noise in the room that you stayed in so it's unfortunate this happend at the time. I usually take ear plugs with me when I sleep in dorm rooms, because I'm a light sleeper myself.You are welcome to try us out again. Cheers CBP

I loved this hostel! It was right next to the Central Station, perfect location to get to everything. The staff was really cool and friendly, the place has a really good set up and the decor is great. The communal areas are really nice and allowed me to meet a lot of good people! The outdoor area is also great. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to friends! Thanks :)

This place in the past might have been a great hostel, but it is not kept up. The furniture is tattered in some places. The room I stayed in felt too much like a cave and I could smell smoke from smokers outside the hostel. The layout is all over the place. That being said, the beds are comfortable and bathrooms are clean for the most part. The staff is nice and the location good. It is a pretty average hostel and not remarkable.

Thanks for your honest opinion. We are constantly trying to improve the hostel and we are currently renovating and have plans to refresh quite a few areas. I will make a note of which room you stayed in so that we can improve on the environment. Cheers Charmaine CBP

I absolutely loved this hostel! My only critique is that breakfast is pretty pricy when the hostel isn't cheap to begin with. Overall really enjoyed this hostel though

My experience here wasn't anything that stands out. It's a good, secure hostel, with decent facilities and comfortable beds. Location is mint!

Glad to hear that you felt safe, had a good night sleep and enjoyed the facilities and location. Did you try any of our tours that we offer? If you ever come back to visit us, please do try one of our tours. It might change your mind about the experience hopefully. Welcome back anytime! Kindly Charmaine CBP

We loved our stay at City Backpackers! The whole place is kitted out really nicely and looks modern and young without the "party hostel" atmosphere. It was a great place to meet other travellers especially in the big sociable kitchen and common rooms, and the outdoor terrace. Like everywhere in Scandinavia you have to pay extra for breakfast but it's tasty and good value. And the staff are kind and really helpful. I couldn't recommend this place more!

• 14th Jul 2015

We love you!!! :)Thanks so much for the awesome review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous experience with us. Thanks especially that you pointed out that our breakfast is good value for money. We improved the choices for breakfast not so long ago to give more variety to our guests. Our breakfast staff will be thrilled. Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Two out of the three staff twere really friendly and all three were super helpful when it came to directions and places they recommend . Location is excellent, less than a 5 min walk to the main street. The decor of the hostel is awesome and its obviously that someone has an eye for the finer details. Gorgeous cushion, art on the wall and a great display of old fashion cameras. The only thing I didnt like is the fact people who have checked out can hang around until 10pm.

Thanks for your comment! Great to hear you enjoyed the hostels decor :) Cheers, Oliver

Great hostel. Although having people leave shoes at the entrance in the middle of summer not the best idea, super stinky when you get in. Not having showers upstairs kind of inconvenient. Common areas are great for socializing and rooms are clean and comfortable.

The best week ever, staff are wonderful, fun activities, great facilities.

Awe, thanks so much for your lovely comments and glad to hear that you had a fabulous time here. Please do come and visit us again! Cheers Charmaine CBP

This place is excellently maintained. Clean, beautifully decorated, with a lot of extra perks like free coffee, free pasta, and sauna. However, it's almost too nice. Everyone just uses their laptops and the iMacs in the common room. There is an almost library feel. I got inquisitive looks every time I spoke. Lots of people looking to stay inside and watch Netflix. Many older guests as well. All staff were really nice and helpful. Very nice hostel, but perhaps a little big for a solo traveler.

Thanks for your kind words! Luckily we have a busy tours schedule this summer, which are a great way to put the laptops down and meet fellow guests. Cheers, Oliver

This hostel was really good. Perfect for what we needed. The hungering member of staff (can't remember her name) was really friendly and recommended a few places to visit. Overall, a good place to stay in Stockholm.

• 12th Jul 2015

Thanks for staying with us! Cheers, Oliver

Just had one bad thing: my reading light was not working since my first night, I informed them on the same day and it wasnt fixed till I left.

Thanks for staying with us! Apologies we didn't get your light fixed earlier. Regards, Oliver

It was nice and clean but not very cozy. I feel very safe but the stuff was sometimes not very helpful.

Glad to hear that you felt safe during your stay and you found the place clean. Our staff aims to please and usually strives to help as much as possible, so I'm surprised to hear that you did not get the help you needed at the time, sorry about that.We will look into the matter further. Hope you enjoyed your stay in Stockholm at least! Kindly Charmaine CBP

A stylish hostel in a perfect location. Also had travelers in there 30's (like me) which was nice cause I met some interesting people. It's like Fort Knox safe, which electric key combination doors - everywhere!

It is a good hostel overall. However, there are other hostels in stockholm that are good as this one and that are cheaper. The bedrooms are large but the bathrooms are small. There are plenty of living rooms but some of the chairs are torned and broken .They require that the guests walk without shoes but the floor isn't perfectly clean. From 11 pm the guests are required to make silence so it is more confortable to sleep.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Some hostels might be a bit cheaper but they lack the quailty and friendly atmosphere that we create plus we have extras for example many tours. Sorry to hear that you found broken chairs. Did you report this to reception? We will look into this because we do not like our furniture damaged.Thanks for letting us know. We ask all guests to please remove shoes to keep floors clean but there is the odd guest that ignores our wishes.:'(Kindly Charmaine

Great hostel in a super convenient location. Stay here!