City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

A great hostel, very close to the city center. Very quiet at night. Unfortunately, wifi didn't work well everywhere. But definitely recommendable.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Absolutely huge with a really cool layout. Several large common areas - one with a projector screen, and one that's outdoors. Staff are really friendly and have various events organized for the hostel from learning to make Swedish meatballs to free entry to one of Stockholm's best clubs. Great for meeting people.

Breakfast was very good value for the reasonable cost. Kitchen facilities were clean and tidy. Staff were very helpful with info about Stockholm. Would definitely stay there again . No negatives-- would just add hooks in rooms so one can hang clothes and maybe some shelves, space permitting.

• 23rd Aug 2014

One of the best Hostels I have stayed at in Europe!

A great Hostel - The bathrooms and Kitchens were clean and there was plenty of space to relax and socialise. A big Kitchen, a big common room, a cafe, an outdoor area. My only gripe would be that you have to hire bed linen and it would be easier if it were included within the price, but I knew this before I went and had accounted for it. Fantastic location, about 5 minutes walk (if that) from the main train, bus and subways. I also found the staff very helpful and friendly.

Fantastic hostel. Large common room and good wifi.

Loved everything about this hostel- location, feel, people, staff, hospitality. Staff very kind at all hours of day. Cool rooms and got a free upgrade (thanks). Loved the courtyard/cafe. Good vibes here!

Such a great Hostel! I had a great time and would recommend this place to any friends visiting Stockholm!

Great room, great people, great time! I can't think of anything that can be improved...

Very clean and comfortable hostel. The location is close to Central station. The bed was comfy and the shower facilities were clean. I had a great time staying there. Lots of activities on offer, but I didn't participate, because I was visiting friends in town.

The receptionst is stucked-up and pompous. Not a big fan of that. Will not stay there any more.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • China

We loved the time we stayed at the hostel. Especially the bike tour we booked with the hostel!

• 17th Aug 2014

Their organization and their positive receptiveness to suggestions is impressive. Saying "that actually would be good to have" is so much better than the usual "no". Also, the first night, they were full and offered me tips on finding another place to stay. Their products are solid and reliable.. from the living spaces, technology for security and computers, to ceiling shower heads! It isn't as comofrtable as a hotel, but after traveling through 10+ hostels, this is the first one I felt safe.

Great hostel , friendly stuff , very clean and cozy place . Loved the breakfast even if it for extra charge and the design is awesome . The rooms are big and well ventilated , lamp and e. Source for every bed. I'll defiantly recommend this hostel .

• Israel

City Backpackers is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. It is clean, centrally located, and full of great amenities- Kitchen with free pasta, sauna, awesome courtyard and hip decor. I appreciated the 11pm quiet time since my days were full and I was exhausted by the evenings although I understood that some people wanted to be able to party in the hostel later than 11pm. Overall, a great experience. I would absolutely recommend CityBackpackers to a friend.

• 17th Aug 2014

I stayed at three different hostels in Stockholm (8-dorm) , if you have a chance to book your stay at this hostel dont hesitate book it. Breakfast by far the best value for money you can get around Stockholm

• 15th Aug 2014
  • luka_matkovic5934
  • Croatia

Aside from the not so private showers, (they only have a few) and that i had to carry 2 door codes instead of a card, this is one of the best hostels i've been. I couldn stop partying for 4 days, going out in the day to see Stockholm and going crazy with the people in the place at night. Awesome place to meet people and make friends.

I recommend the guided bike tour : the guide was super cool

Rather big hostel, but doesn't look overcrowded. Maybe not the cheapest one, but: all that modern hostel should have is present, staff is helpful, location in the city center... So, good choise if you're looking for a place to stay in Stockholm for a few days.

The best hostel I've stayed in so far in Europe and definitely the best quality that I've had for a pretty good price (extremely affordable compared to the rest of Sweden). The shoe storage area is pretty rank (some guests need to air those puppies out more), but it's a cool layout and very accessible. Three 7-Elevens in the immediate 4 block radius. Friendly, clean, and pretty relaxing.

• 9th Aug 2014