City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

It was awesome that the hostel had ice skates to use for free, which you could then use on the free ice rink not far from the hostel. The ice skates weren't the best but it was great fun! The set up of the hostel otherwise is really cool though, there are really nice common spaces and the staff are friendly and knowledgable.

GREATTT staff! Free sauna, free pasta, bestttt breakfast for only a few euros! Perfect location and just a really really good experience at the hostel!

• 20th Dec 2015

Thanks so much for leaving a review. We hope to see yo again someday in the near future! Kindly Charmaine CBP

10/10 - one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Super friendly and helpful staff, a buzzing atmosphere and comfy beds for a great night's sleep! Could rent bikes to explore the city and free coffee during the day was an extra bonus, as was the free pasta. Would definitely stay again!!!

Thanks for the amazing review. We appreciate you taking the time and writing. Come back soon! Happy New Year! Cheers Charmaine CBP

I would definitely stay again. Close enough to walk from the main station. Train to/from airport is really quick, but save your money and take one of the airport shuttles. The kitchen is modern with all the basic utensils. I think the free pasta means it's always busy, so you can meet ppl. Bathrooms are nice and clean. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Pin codes are easy to forget so save in your phone. It's a walk to the old town etc but the walk should be ok for any backpacker :-)

Excellent hostel. The best I've stayed in Sweden!

Amazing hostel with great vibes, staff, people and security! Loved the common areas where people could feel easily comfortable and the great recommendations by the staff :)

A very well-organised hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful and in addition to the basics (cleanliness, comfortable beds, good showers) there were many extra touches which made the hostel a great place to stay. We made use of the ice skates and the free pasta in the kitchen, which was very useful for cooking meals and saving some money! The interesting artwork and decoration throughout the building also added to its great atmosphere. Overall a very good stay and I would recommend.

Very good hostel. The atmosphere here is good, easy to make friends. The common area is surrounded by rooms, there are always people there. Just one thing, some of the beds can be very noisy, just turning around makes a bunch of noises.

• 17th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was very clean and the amenities were great. Staff was very helpful. I wish that there were bigger lockers in the rooms for backpacks.

The best hostel on my list!

Thanks so much for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

It was perfect! The beds were soft and warm en the blackets thick. The free sauna, pasta and tea are amazing. The WIFI has great reception everywhere. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. You can walk anywhere cause the location is perfect and if you don't feel like it there's a tunnelbanne very close. So is the central station so it's easy to get to the hostel. I loved it! Definitly coming back!

Thanks for the awesome review. We would love it if you came to visit us again! Welcome back anytime. We enjoy seeing friendly familiar faces! Happy travels! Charmaine CBP

I only stayed one night and I left at 4am to go to the airport so I didn't get to experience too much of what the hostel has to offer. Would have loved to visit the sauna and participate in the pub crawl! The hostel is super centrally located next to centralstation and the rooms are clean. The lockers are not very big - definitely not big enough to fit your entire bag. I made some friends in the lobby but I wouldn't say it's a super lively atmosphere. The hostel is definitely clean.

Thanks for your honest opinions. You should come back and visit us again and stay longer. Then you would get a better experience. All the best! Charmaine CBP

The hostel was nice, but the only thing I disliked was I booked a twin room and they gave me a room with two single beds together, now way to separate them... also the wifi was not very good. By the way, the hostel is nice and is a nice place to meet new people. The Caffee/bar is open until late, is nice to hungout with more people.

If you get the chance to do the Viking Sauna Tour, do it! An amazing experience!

• 8th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Fantastic news that you decided to join the tour. As you have found out it's worthwhile going. Welcome back anytime! Safe travels! Charmaine CBP

Excellent central location in the heart of Stockholm with very friendly staff, clean modern rooms and facilities.

Loved this place! The staff were friendly, it was a good walking distance from everywhere we wanted to go. It was clean, spacious, lovely common room etc

We love you too! Welcome back anytime! Safe travels! Charmaine CBP

Loved this hostel! Great staff that are super friendly. The beds were a dream to sleep in!

Very easy to locate, and accessible. Short walk from the station directly from airport. Friendly helpful staff, good vibe in the hostel and it's also very clean. Props to City backpackers! Would certainly use them again.

• 4th Dec 2015

Perfect location close to main train station, at least for me as I came by train. Super comfortable beds with plug and light and spacious room. Fully equiped and always clean kitchen. The codes to enter are tricky, when I managed to remember them it was time to leave. I actually regret missing the pub crawl and wish I stayed longer to take advantage of the many features the hostel has, so definitely will be coming back If i'm in Stockholm again. I hope ny that time they have beer to sell :)

Thanks for your review. I can understand about trying to remember codes can be a bit tricky. I haven't got the best memory in the world, so when it comes to situations like this one having to remember different numbers, I usually use my mobile phone to take a photo of it. I'm more of a visual person myself. We hope you will come back and visit us again! We look forward to having you! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Location is 20min away from the sightseeing and clubbing areas but it is ok. Rooms and facilities are average, staff is helpful though. We were expecting more but that didn't make our stay any less interesting. Common area is cool and Internet was good. It is not a Party hostel but it is a good place to meet people.

We hope you were able to make new friends here. We have made social meeting spaces where this could be possible. Welcome back anytime! Kindly Charmaine CBP