City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Really cool hostel, great wifi really good common areas to sit a and drink with your new travelling mates, staff really friendly and helpful and join you for a drink on a night out. Would love to stay again, and free pasta in kitchen!

Great staff. Nice layout. Perfect location. Really good private showers. Nice big dorm rooms. Lots of electricity connections. And free pasta.....yes!

the hostel's very nice and comfy.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at 12 bed dorm and loved my stay very much. The social atmosphere is better than anywhere, nicely designed common area, feels very secure. The only couple things to complain are that there's no kind of a shelf or a table in the room where you could put small necessary things like a toothbrush and the bathrooms are not the cleanest. And the room the room on -1 floor feels a bit like a bunker. Beds are really comfortable though and lockers are spacy.

Thank you for your comment. I agree with you, we should have more tables and little shelves, I will start looking right away!, and hopefully, next time you come around, they will be there. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

It's kinda chilled, it would be more fun if they had a bar but it is still a block from.a nice bar so it's all good ;) would definitely stay again and I will definitely recommend

A social hostel, but chilled social, not party social. Cool kitchen and down stairs area.

Great hostel, clean with helpful staff. Locating the hostel from the train/bus station was easy and fast.

The staff was extremely kind, helpful, and welcoming. The travellers were equally friendly and nice as well. I was ill at the time and felt taken care of. The hostel is also abundant with fun activities - would definitely recommend especially to the lone traveller.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I slept extremely well, enjoyed the sauna, enjoyed how the good taste of the deco of the place, etc, One thing surprised me negatively (though it is not the hostels fault): I usually meet people very easily and don't have any trouble talking to other guests, but everyone in the common areas would spend most all their time there looking at their smartphones and just occasionally exchanging words with folk they already new.didnt talk to anyone

One of the best hostels. Nice interior in a beautiful old building. Great facilities. Very comfortable bed!! Free flow pasta! Very nice, friendly and helpful staffs! Easy to meet another. Fun. Stategic location. The minor thing is a little bit hard to have stable WiFi signal inside room/dorm. But I would like to stay here again in my next visit to Stockholm!!

Location is excellent. If you arrive by bus from Arlanda Airport, it's less than a 10 minute walk. Breakfast was also very good and cheap, showers were clean, good facilities (nice kitchen, plenty of areas to relax, wifi access everywhere in the hostel). However, the 12 bed dorm didn't have great ventilation, which you could smell. Wouldn't stay in the 12 bed dorms again, but might take one of the smaller dorms.

• 16th Sep 2014

one of the best hostels I've stayed in - friendly atmosphere, great location, decent price, very comfortable beds, very clean, great private bathrooms

It's a decent hostel, but the bathrooms weren't the cleanest. Laundry takes too long. Wifi is ok.

Decent hostel. Nothing special about it but nothing terrible either, perfectly adequate for a two night stay. Sweden's expensive so the price is about as good as you're going to get. You have to rent linens but that seems to be a thing all over the country. Relatively good location, very convenient to the bus and train station.

• 14th Sep 2014

City Backpackers Hostel was extremely cool. The main room set up, the café, kitchen, lounge rooms were decorated and comfortable. The rooms were extremely clean as were the bathrooms. The set up of the hostel is maze-like, so it was difficult to find the bathrooms/showers. I think those could be labeled better, or they could draw up a map! But other than that the hostel was clean and lovely. The check-in experience was odd as the staff didn't speak English well. Free Wi-Fi is amazing too!

When it comes to any critiques, I would like to make a comment on the breakfast. This is served in their so called cafe. Unlike any other hostel I've been to, they do not really have a buffet but give you the choice of for example one half of their pre-made sandwiches. also you can have a ration of yoghurt etc. Therefore, unfortunately there is no option of choosing your quantities of bread-veg-cheese ratio etc. also, you are not allowed any more than one half sandwich. very poor service!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Luxembourg

Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the breakfast. Compared to other places in Stockholm, our prices are very priceworthy, but I understand that compared with many other countries they might seem expensive. For 55 sek you get tea, coffee, juice and youghurt with fresh fruit as a base, + either a sandwich(with cheese or ham) or with a waffle. You do get a whole sandwich, there must have been a misunderstanding about the half one.. Kindly, Ellinor

Nice and clean hostel in a central location. Kitchen was good and a few common areas. We booked a private room. It was so small, there wasn't much space for luggage but not really an issue as we didn't spend much time in it. My only complaint was the noise. Despite having a 11pm time for quietness, we were woken up each of the nights (x3) by people coming back from partying. This was around 4am and they went on and on. Other than that, it was a good hostel.

My only issues were that the Wifi connection was spotty and there was no ventilation in the showers. Other than that it was the perfect hostel.

Positive ; Maybe the best location except the hotels near station. Big lockers in the room. Self kitchen at the basement Negative ; You have to bring your own linens, locks.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

A sociable hostel in the business area of Stockholm. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm and there was plenty of space for everyone. The hostel puts on loads of activities and tours - fab for the solo traveller. Only downsides are that there is no alcohol served on site (7 Eleven down the street though) and I didn't know about the common area and private showers until my last night because the lady checking me in didn't give me a proper tour. I'd stay again though, one of my top five hostels, def

Hi! Thank you for your review. The rules for serving alcohol are very strict in Sweden, you have to serve food as well, but we are looking in to getting permission, I agree it would be a nice feature.. About not finding the common areas and bathrooms, we do try to follow all guests as long as the entrance, and we also give each guest a small map of the hostel. You must not have gotten the map, I appologize for that... Kindly, Ellinor