City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Great location with a lot of amenities and good security. The staff was a bit mixed. One guy went out with guests a couple nights for a pub crawl, while others just seemed like they were having a bad day. This is a pretty good hostel, but was a bit expensive; not far off from a private hotel room. The outdoor chill area is nice, but the cafe area is only open for breakfast. They would do well to open it in the evenings. Overall I would stay here again.

This is the most friendly hostel I've ever seen! Atmosphere is nice, staff are friedly, there are lockers in the room and rooms can be only opened by the password that is given to you. The front door has a password too and it changes daily, so security is not even a problem for this hostel. The only bad thing was Wifi, it is really poor and you disconnect frequently

Hi there, Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you thought the hostel was safe and friendly, both safety and a friendly atmoshpere are important to us. About the wifi, normally it works well since we have two supplyers, so if one is down, the other takes over, but I know we had problems a couple of days last month, and we apologize for that... Thank you and welcome back! Kindly, Ellinor CBP

The Hostel was in a great position and close to the train/bus station. I was in a 4 bedroom which was on the lower ground and absolutely tiny, lockers are big enough for just small day packs so bags were all over the floor. Staff on arrival didn't really show me around so by the time I left I realised I missed most common areas, the free pasta located in the kitchen. Bathrooms clean and always had hot water, had lots of activities you could book into. Wifi always worked. Would stay again

Very good hostel, close to the Train station and Flygbussarna bus to Arlanda airport (which I took). Definitely recommend this place. Wifi connection in the room was not that good.

Hello and thank you! Everything was great and we will reccommend it to our friends!!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Estonia

CBP was an excellent hostel! The staff was super helpful and friendly. I appreciated that it was quiet at night. There was a great vibe and the breakfast was superb. Loved it all!

• 4th Sep 2014

One of the coolest hostels I have stayed in, not too big so there is an awesome friendly atmosphere, the hostel offered free pasta, so every nigh pretty much everyone is in the kitchen cooking pasta and it's a really social environment

Rooms are in the basement and don't have windows. Anyway air ventilation is good.

Location is very good .

Fun place to stay! Staff was really friendly and helpful. The place was incredibly clean. You have to take off your shoes in the hostel which helped keep it clean. Kitchen is a bit small but they have free pasta! Had a great stay.

Very kind and helpful staff.

• 1st Sep 2014

I like the hostel in general and all the staffs are great, just a slight issue with the dust as I was staying at the 6bed dorm and the last bed towards the end had a bit of dust. Just ensure that corners are not missed when vacuuming.

I stayed only one night at City Backpackers Hostel but the experience was great. The staff is so nice and the rooms are always clean and very secure. I also had breakfast there and it was good. Completely recomended. I hope I can come back soon to Stockolm and stay here again.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Mexico

I loved it at CBP. It was my first time travelling alone but I had a blast, it was one of the best holidays I've had. Very sociable hostel. Very clean, great facilities. Would recommend.

I cannot find fault with this hostel. In addition to having everything you need in a hostel, it has a lovely atmosphere and is very cozy. The staff are wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.

Good hostel. A bit of a walk from main sights but you will enjoy the walk. Very close to the central station though. I think they should sell beverages at the cafe during the night - it would create an amazing atmosphere. Other than that, everything was excellent.

Charging for linen is so terrible...

unique style i suggest to change the name to more catchy name like"Submarine hostel" to match with the underground rooms and nice style of the floor and doors

The lady at the reception wasn't really helpful at telling us what to do in Stockholm. I understand that they don't have to guide us around in the city, but it was very hard to ask for some interesting things to do in the city.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that.. Our ambition is to give our guests good advice and I will bring this up on our staff meeting next week, so everybody understands how important this is... Thank you for your input and welcome back, Kindly, Ellinor CBP

excellent on all fronts