City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Overall fantastic hostel and well deserving of the best hostel in Stockholm. Though situated north of the major attractions (5mins from main station), the hostel is a short walk to sight-seeing attractions and has many bars/restaurants in the area. The hostel itself is in great condition--very new, modern, clean--and full of great amenities (i.e. Sauna, which is highly undervalued!). A definite recommend for any age group, but great for younger crowds looking to interact and meet new people.

• 16th Jan 2014

This is a great hostel to stay, when you are a group as well as when you are a single traveler.

just one hairdryer, maybe it's not enough!

• 15th Jan 2014

Fantastic Hostel. Best one I've been to.

• 14th Jan 2014

Great location for rail travel and a walk to Gamlastan

I can describe how much I love this place. The location is not that good, it takes 10 min to central station. But the staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly, was trying to help me in every detail. The room was clean, of course you need to bring your own sheet, which is normal in north euro. The hostel is well-designed, and you can enjoy free sauna, you can borrow pair of ice skates for free, you have computer and a clean kitchen here. Love it so much!!

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's true that it takes 10 minutes to walk to the central station, but we are right in the heart of Stockholm, with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops in all directions. Thank you and welcome back! /Ellinor CBP

I can really recommend this hostel! Everything was great plus it was just the cutest blonde boy from the staff ever who welcomed us... :)

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Finland

This hostel was had a superb atmosphere, very modern and styled well with substance. The whole vibe to the hostel was welcoming and unique. The service at the reception was great. The sizeof the hostel is very large, and there are many different places to sit and relax. The kitchen is well equipped with many fridges and cooking appliances (Also free pasta!!). The common room has a TV and lots of comfortable places to sit, also a very big flat screen TV. They offer film nights, and pub crawls. -J

Nice hostel with good facilities and common space, sauna is a big plus! Really creaky beds and small room (6 bed mixed). Wifi quite ok. Terrible pans in the kitchen, some people was also quite messy.. dont know how to properly wash dishes.

Really good place to stay. Staffs are really friendly.

Staff were very helpful and friendly although the hostel was fairly busy so we had to wait a while to be checked in. The twin private room we stayed in was extremely basic, containing just bunk beds and a single wooden chair which meant you had to leave all your belongings on the floor. Despite these minor grumbles the location was great and it was certainly adequate for a short stay.

The staff was extremely friendly and open. We, my two kids and me enjoyed the sauna, free pasta, nice ice hockey table game, the free skates, the great breakfast and the conventient location. Further we apprectiated the charming way the hostel was decorated.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Austria
  • Mixed Group, 41+

my trip in this hostel was very fun, the hostel is always clean, the people working there was very nice and warm, the free rent of iceskating was very convenient as well...if I should go to Stockholm an other time sure I will go there :)

• 28th Dec 2013

This hostel was awesome. The facilities are really nice and the hostel is very spread out. The staff is awesome as well. The kitchen and Cafe were awesome and served as great places to meet people from all over the world.

I enjoyed my stay at City Backpackers Hostel. The hostel is in a GREAT location, has super cool common areas, and is clean. The only thing that I found rather confusing was the bathroom/toilet situation. The room I stayed in had a bathroom attached but no toilet, just three showers, and the closest toilet was down the hall... Not super convenient if you wake up in the middle of the night needing to use the toilet! And toiletry shelves in the showers would be very helpful!

• 27th Dec 2013

Staff were not interested in helping in any way, they couldn't even tell us what bars to go to. There was supposed to be a pub crawl but they weren't asking people to go on it therefore no one went on it and it was cancelled both nights. The washing machine wouldn't work and the staff member talked to me like a was an idiot then decided to come have a look and seen that I wasn't an idiot, it was just broken, and still spoke to me like I was an idiot. I would not stay there again.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you did not feel welcomed by the staff.. We do our best to help our guests, and have a number of suggestions of bars on our homepage, and the staff normally do their best to help you out. I dont know what went wrong in your case, but I will make sure all the staff knows about the bars in the area... About the washing machines, there must have been som sort of misunderstanding, since the staff member mentioned did not mean to be rude at all, our apologies for that...

The hostel was really clean and very cosy. I will recommand this hostel for sure !

Really loved: The large common room, helpful staff, free skate usage, private showers, free pasta and fully stocked kitchen. One of the best Hostels I've visited across 13 countries.

Nice hostel, cheap for Stockholm, but that is about it, the atmosphere was just average, too large to have a good atmosphere. Good facilities, nice decoration.

We stayed in the 6-bed apartment. Location was good, walking distance from most things, and the facilities were fine. We weren't impressed with the cleanliness, when we arrived there was rotten food in the cupboards and we were told we had to clean the apartment before we checked out (vacuum, clean floors, emlty bins, clean the bathroom etc) or we would be charged 500 SEK for cleaning. This wasn't told to us when we booked so we weren't impressed. Otherwise, a good hostel.

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about the bad food in the cupborads, I will make sure that wont happen again! About the cleaning fee, I will check the info on the booking sites, and make sure they correspond with our policy . However, the only cleaning that is compulsory is to take out the garbage, I will talk to the person who checked you in and update the info in the reception. Kindly, Ellinor CBP