City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel , friendly stuff , very clean and cozy place . Loved the breakfast even if it for extra charge and the design is awesome . The rooms are big and well ventilated , lamp and e. Source for every bed. I'll defiantly recommend this hostel .

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Israel

City Backpackers is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed in. It is clean, centrally located, and full of great amenities- Kitchen with free pasta, sauna, awesome courtyard and hip decor. I appreciated the 11pm quiet time since my days were full and I was exhausted by the evenings although I understood that some people wanted to be able to party in the hostel later than 11pm. Overall, a great experience. I would absolutely recommend CityBackpackers to a friend.

• 17th Aug 2014

I stayed at three different hostels in Stockholm (8-dorm) , if you have a chance to book your stay at this hostel dont hesitate book it. Breakfast by far the best value for money you can get around Stockholm

• 15th Aug 2014
  • luka_matkovic5934
  • Croatia

Aside from the not so private showers, (they only have a few) and that i had to carry 2 door codes instead of a card, this is one of the best hostels i've been. I couldn stop partying for 4 days, going out in the day to see Stockholm and going crazy with the people in the place at night. Awesome place to meet people and make friends.

I recommend the guided bike tour : the guide was super cool

Rather big hostel, but doesn't look overcrowded. Maybe not the cheapest one, but: all that modern hostel should have is present, staff is helpful, location in the city center... So, good choise if you're looking for a place to stay in Stockholm for a few days.

The best hostel I've stayed in so far in Europe and definitely the best quality that I've had for a pretty good price (extremely affordable compared to the rest of Sweden). The shoe storage area is pretty rank (some guests need to air those puppies out more), but it's a cool layout and very accessible. Three 7-Elevens in the immediate 4 block radius. Friendly, clean, and pretty relaxing.

• 9th Aug 2014

I had amazing time with amazing people and very friendly staff..if I came back to Stockholm one day I would try to stay at the backpacker again!!

Great place! Best idea was to rent a bike and explore the city sights and parks. Great facilities, even has a sauna and individual room fridges. Brilliant, thanks a lot CBH!

Sheets and breakfast should be included in the daily price, without obviously rise it!

Many common rooms, great kitchen, super soft mattress, stylish and clean!

• 5th Aug 2014

very nice hostel! great Location!! I can reccommend it.

Super clean and spacious hostel. A little expensive but I guess is relative to the cost of living in Stockholm. Location was fantastic and ability to rent bikes was the best way to see the city. Big place with the chance to meet lots of different people, there were great, modern communal areas that were really great. Overall had an awesome stay here

We absolutely loved everything about this hostel!! Immediately upon arrival, the staff was super friendly, helped us check in and gave us a tour. Amazing facilities including a sauna, kitchen with free pasta to cook, clean rooms/washrooms, and an awesome patio/social area. The hostel offers lots of neat tours, movie nights, social activities, etc! Breakfast was excellent, very secure/safe using codes for after hour entry!

This place tries to look really nice fancy and to be honest this is why it caught my attention and made me stay there. But while staying there I realised that this is the wrong focus. The place has a wonderful interior design, specially the reception but the facilities are not as great as the design. For instance there are no hooks in the bathrooms that hold your towel, the showers in the basement are old and don't work well,.... The focus of this place is: nice pictures for the website.

Hello, Thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear you got the impression that we only want to look nice i photos. On the contrary, we really focus on providing useful things for travellers. And to an extent we have suceeded, lots of gusts appreciate the free pasta, free printing, free wifi and more. However, we can always improve, and I will make sure to check the showers. Unfortunately you must have picked the one new bathroom that did not yet have hooks, and by now, it has. Kindly, Ellinor

The staff were really helpful and approachable for anything you needed. The location was great as very central. The hostel was a lot quieter than others I have stayed at but not sure if that was because I was there mid week. I would definitely recommend staying here.

City Backpackers would have to be close to the best hostel in Europe. The hostel is a very short walk from the central train/bus stations as well as reasonably close to some of Stockholm's main attractions. I was a big fan of the common areas which promoted a very social atmosphere, particularly given I was travelling alone, and the services which were offered by the hostel (e.g. bicycle hire). The room I was in as didn't get too warm either despite no air conditioning.

Myself and my friend enjoyed our stay. It's in a very central location with good facilities and staff were helpful. They showed the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on our first night - very impressive.

Great hostel that is close to everything in stockholm. Too bad its fully booked most of the time due to its popularity, would definitely come back.

Great hostel with a friendly social scene! Free pasta is awesome and a really nice kitchen too. The bike tour that the hostel runs is very interesting, Mike tells some great stories and its a great way to see Stockholm. Would definitely recommend!