City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

All around great hostel. First stop on a two month trip across Europe was an amazing way to start the trip. Met some really great people that were great fun to go out with - didn't make it home before 4 AM both nights. Location is terrific, maybe a 7 minute walk from the train station and centrally located near some really great shopping and cafes. Very busy so make sure to book your stay ahead of time. Thanks for everything, Stockholm is amazing!!! Cheers!!

This hostel was a great first hostel experience! It's a great place to meet other solo travelers. Their community kitchen encourages an environment for you to cook and meet other people. It was incredibly easy to meet people here! They have great areas to hangout. The hostel was very clean and the beds are comfortable. It's also in a prime location from the city terminal, so easy to walk to in a short amount of time. Highly recommend!

I stayed four nights at the female dorm. At the moment the enclosed bathroom was put of order due to renovation. But the private showers were nearby and clean.

• 13th May 2015

Absolutely great hostel! Very clean, great location, overall style is pretty sweet and there's a friggin sauna

• 13th May 2015

Good, big, clean and cosy hostel! Nice facilities like Apple computers and wifi. The showers were nice and the bed was comfortable. You get the chance to get in contact with many people from other countries. You're never alone! The only thing I missed is hangers to hang up your coat and wet towel to dry. Also a mirror in the room would be nice. I really enjoyed my stay in Stockholm!

This hostel was perfect for me: brilliant atmosphere, friendly and welcoming. Everything seems to have been thought of to make the stay easy for guests. Lovely décor. Really good location. Good facilities and clean. Great staff. I would definitely stay again. Try the meatball experience on Tuesdays!

I absolutely loved it here! The atmosphere was wonderful, the facilities were well kept and the staff was excellent. I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. I would travel back to Stockholm JUST to stay here. I met such wonderful people and had an amazing time. SIX out of five stars!

One of the greatest hostels I have stayed in. Staff were incredible, and it was really easy to meet people. Also very close to central station, and easy to find

• 10th May 2015

nice place. no complaints. Thanks Ollie for that greasy spoon rec. really good.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - I found it very easy to meet people and socialise here and every night I had drinks with people including at the tasty Swedish meatball experience. The hostel is well-located 10 mins walk from the station and a few more from the old town. Very clean, great hangout spaces, fast WiFi, friendly staff, free coffee. Would absolutely stay again.

we stayed in a 6 bed dorm and when we got there we were so surprised. we basically had our own mini appt. with kitchen, toilet, and shower in our own room. very quirky little hostel. loved the decorating inside. some staff were very helpful and others seemed to not knot know too much so you had to get info elsewhere. the app said it had a great atmosphere but we found that part lacking. waited in the common area for 2 hours before anyone came to hangout and not just sit on a phone.

The hostel is very close to the train station so getting to and from the airport is no hassle. The location is perfect: you can walk down the Main Street and get into Gamla Stan in less than fifteen minutes or take any of the side streets off the Main Street and hit the new city center, lined with lots of shops and stores. The staff is very friendly and helpful. People seemed really social.

This hostel had an amazingly cozy feel. Just walk out of your room, into the common kitchen and you'll meet dozens of travelers who are looking to get to know you and share stories. It's very clean and the staff is friendly. And free pasta is a huge plus! I would certainly recommend!

I cannot say enough good things about City Backpackers. Staff is phenomenal. Do the activities (meatball experience)-great way to meet fellow travelers. Great location. Definitely my new favorite hostel!

Great Hostel! One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Only complaint (of course I gotta have one) would be the removal of shoes in the room areas. Staff is great and helpful. There's construction going on in the patio area but I don't think the hostel is in control of that. Stay here for a great Stockholm experience!

Absolutely LOVED this hostel. As a solo female backpacker I felt very safe. It wasn't a big hostel like the generator ones so it felt very cozy and you could actually meet people at the events, kitchen and cafe they have. I went to their meatball dinner night and it was a lot of fun! I was able to walk everywhere in Stockholm from this location. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Although you have to pay for linen and that there are cheaper hostels around, this was probably one of the Best all round hostels I've stayed in. Free pasta, multiple fridges for each room, good kitchen, good common room, events on most nights of the week, free viewing of films, full size lockers outside of dorm, cute decor. I didn't try the breakfast but the meatball making session was awesome. Friendly staff for Sweden also. Would have liked to have stayed longer than my 3 nights.

Very good, would recommend!

• 2nd May 2015

Atmosphere is awesome. All you have to do is go downstairs in the common room and spark up a conversation with whoever is around. You'll meet all sorts of outgoing and interesting people! I'd recommend staying here.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. If you are in stockholm do not stay anywhere but here. Very clean and atmosphere is amazing. Enough said.