City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

It is a good hostel overall. However, there are other hostels in stockholm that are good as this one and that are cheaper. The bedrooms are large but the bathrooms are small. There are plenty of living rooms but some of the chairs are torned and broken .They require that the guests walk without shoes but the floor isn't perfectly clean. From 11 pm the guests are required to make silence so it is more confortable to sleep.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Some hostels might be a bit cheaper but they lack the quailty and friendly atmosphere that we create plus we have extras for example many tours. Sorry to hear that you found broken chairs. Did you report this to reception? We will look into this because we do not like our furniture damaged.Thanks for letting us know. We ask all guests to please remove shoes to keep floors clean but there is the odd guest that ignores our wishes.:'(Kindly Charmaine

Great hostel in a super convenient location. Stay here!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe. Über clean. Great room. Fantastic location.

Facilities were all in good condition; computers, wifi, shower room, hair dryer, kitchen. I got everything I could imagine for while staying here. (I stayed in 4ppl mixed dorm.) Each room requires different passcode so your belongings are quite safe. I would love to stay here again if I go to Stockholm.

Its a very good hostel, with a good location.

The no shoes thing keeps the hostel clean, but it gets old quickly. The staff is super nice and the place is well kept.

• 5th Jul 2015

Thanks for your comments! Having entered/exited the hostel n number of times I can relate but our beloved Swedish weather means our shoe policy is a must. Cheers, Oliver

Excellent hostel! Excellent facilities, helpful staff and free pasta!

great hodtel, great atmosphere. one if the kost fun histels ive been too. the best xhoice for stockholm i suspect

Beds are very squeaky.

• 29th Jun 2015

The best hostel I have stayed at in a long time. They had free pasta, which everyone in the hostel cooked and we had a sit down dinner like a huge family. The outdoor area is great we all gather to play drinking games then head out on the town, with the odd 20 people. Beds are perfect so comfortable. Toilets clean and showers are strong. I did the bike tour that the hostel offered which I highly recommend. Over all an amazing hostel and would always go back there.

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for staying and you're welcome back any time :) Cheers, Oliver

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff wonderful, they are some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever come across at a hostel. The bedrooms and bathrooms are basic compared to other hostels around Europe and could do with an upgrade however the kitchen is fantastic. The outdoor area and common rooms are great. The sauna is a wonderful bonus!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for your kind words! We hear you regarding some of our facilities and have been upgrading a number of rooms and bathrooms this year. Cheers, Oliver

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff was so helpful when I arrived and they showed you exactly where to go and everything about the hostel. The rooms were big and spacious and had individuals lockers which was really nice! They had a full kitchen and fridges for each room to use so you could cook your own food. The wifi was great, and worked really quick in basically every part of the hostel. If you are visiting Stockholm I would highly recommend that you stay at this hostel

Very helpful staff, super clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Not many showers / the room I was in the showers were closed. I paid for an ensuite 8 bed but didn't get it and still paid the same price so that wasn't nice for me.

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly trying to improve the hostel and are currently renovating the ensuite room you stayed in. I'm sorry that you were not informed about this at check in. Also, during this renovation period the price for the room has been reduced to a standard 8 bed dormitory, so guests are not being charged extra. We do have several private bathrooms with showers 10 metres down the hall from this room to reduce the impact of our upgrades on guests. Cheers, Oliver CBP

Great hostel: awesome people, clean, well equipped.

Cool place, friendly staff, felt pretty secure, met the best people here.

One of the best hostels I stand in so far.

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Cheers, Oliver CBP

Had a great time at this hostel. Clean, fun atmosphere, staff was very helpful and friendly. Good walking distance to a lot of stuff. Only complaint was some construction going on around my room early in the morning. The hostel also organizes a bunch of events so a great way to meet people.

• 24th Jun 2015

Thanks for your comments! Great to hear you enjoyed your time at CBP. It is unfortunate that there has been some renovations in neighbouring buildings and we have been doing as much as possible to reduce their impact on guests.

The hostel is very nice. Has a really cool vintage feel to it. I stayed there for a conference so I can't comment much on the atmosphere but I know they had daily activities planned. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the common area was nice. The outdoor patio was also a great place to hang out and relax. When i go back to Stockholm I will definitely be coming back to this hostel to get the true experience!

Good hostel, excelente location, walking distance for everything. A bit noisy during nights but i guess thats the price you pay for the location. I would stay again.