City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel, was very well fitted out with very good facilities. It's a bit tedious with the daily rotating series of security codes to get in, and was a bit quiet when I visited, but otherwise, the place was great and in a very convenient location.

Hello! Thank you for your input. The daily code changes improve the security a lot, even though I understand it can be a bit annoying. A good advice is to take a photo of the codes with your phone, so you always have them accesible. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Good hostel. Nice location, free tea throughout the day and pasta. The only complaints I have are breakfast isn't included and wasn't worth buying, the free sauna doesn't get very hot, and they don't include bed sheets in the price.

Great location! The hostel itself was nice. I enjoyed the atmosphere and made a few friends! I arrived on Friday and was surprised to see that there were no pub crawls or any kind of activity but a breakfast thing at 1am... Need more nightly activities to meet more people!

First ever hostel and this place definitely set high standards for all the rest! It's a short walk from the train station so very conveniently located. Staff were super friendly and they had daily events such as movie nights and the Swedish meatball experience. I was a solo traveler and met so many people that I still keep in contact with, loved it here!

We had a lovely stay at city backpackers. The staff were very friendly and the facilities were great and clean. Our room was also very nice and there were a lot of areas to hang around.

Couldn't go wrong. e

There's a really good atmosphere in the hostel! We got to know many people by sitting in the room next to the dorms. And we especially loved the Meatball Experience! They turned out to be wonderfully delicious and it was so fun to cook with all those people! The sauna saved our lives! One day, when it was really rainy and so cold, we walked a lot and returned to the hostel, totally freezing! The heat of the sauna was the best thing ever that day! Only the kitchen could be more filled!

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. There is a great atmosphere in the hostel and the design is really cool. The staff is really nice(with exception of the one girl) and the toilets are clean.

• 16th May 2015

All around great hostel. First stop on a two month trip across Europe was an amazing way to start the trip. Met some really great people that were great fun to go out with - didn't make it home before 4 AM both nights. Location is terrific, maybe a 7 minute walk from the train station and centrally located near some really great shopping and cafes. Very busy so make sure to book your stay ahead of time. Thanks for everything, Stockholm is amazing!!! Cheers!!

This hostel was a great first hostel experience! It's a great place to meet other solo travelers. Their community kitchen encourages an environment for you to cook and meet other people. It was incredibly easy to meet people here! They have great areas to hangout. The hostel was very clean and the beds are comfortable. It's also in a prime location from the city terminal, so easy to walk to in a short amount of time. Highly recommend!

I stayed four nights at the female dorm. At the moment the enclosed bathroom was put of order due to renovation. But the private showers were nearby and clean.

• 13th May 2015

Absolutely great hostel! Very clean, great location, overall style is pretty sweet and there's a friggin sauna

• 13th May 2015

Good, big, clean and cosy hostel! Nice facilities like Apple computers and wifi. The showers were nice and the bed was comfortable. You get the chance to get in contact with many people from other countries. You're never alone! The only thing I missed is hangers to hang up your coat and wet towel to dry. Also a mirror in the room would be nice. I really enjoyed my stay in Stockholm!

This hostel was perfect for me: brilliant atmosphere, friendly and welcoming. Everything seems to have been thought of to make the stay easy for guests. Lovely décor. Really good location. Good facilities and clean. Great staff. I would definitely stay again. Try the meatball experience on Tuesdays!

I absolutely loved it here! The atmosphere was wonderful, the facilities were well kept and the staff was excellent. I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. I would travel back to Stockholm JUST to stay here. I met such wonderful people and had an amazing time. SIX out of five stars!

One of the greatest hostels I have stayed in. Staff were incredible, and it was really easy to meet people. Also very close to central station, and easy to find

• 10th May 2015

nice place. no complaints. Thanks Ollie for that greasy spoon rec. really good.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - I found it very easy to meet people and socialise here and every night I had drinks with people including at the tasty Swedish meatball experience. The hostel is well-located 10 mins walk from the station and a few more from the old town. Very clean, great hangout spaces, fast WiFi, friendly staff, free coffee. Would absolutely stay again.

we stayed in a 6 bed dorm and when we got there we were so surprised. we basically had our own mini appt. with kitchen, toilet, and shower in our own room. very quirky little hostel. loved the decorating inside. some staff were very helpful and others seemed to not knot know too much so you had to get info elsewhere. the app said it had a great atmosphere but we found that part lacking. waited in the common area for 2 hours before anyone came to hangout and not just sit on a phone.

The hostel is very close to the train station so getting to and from the airport is no hassle. The location is perfect: you can walk down the Main Street and get into Gamla Stan in less than fifteen minutes or take any of the side streets off the Main Street and hit the new city center, lined with lots of shops and stores. The staff is very friendly and helpful. People seemed really social.