City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent hostel, staff were great and the activities on offer were really fun We did the swedish meatball cooking class and loved it, also the movie nights were good, though the movies were very Swedish. Great facilities with a big kitchen and lots of toilets and bathrooms scattered throughout the hostel. Wish we could have stayed longer! Oh and there is a sauna as well.

It was definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in!It was perfect, there was everything I needed,free pasta,plug-holes everywhere,computers,(many) toilets! the atmosphere was great, you will meet so many people! the thing that I appreciated the most, was that even if you have to check out at 10, you can keep your luggage there for the entire day as well as use their facilities (bedrooms not included) just one thing:put the 2 tables in the kitchen together!it would facilitate conversation!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Big, comfy beds. Spacious rooms. Awesome activities. Loads of common areas. Free pasta to cook. Big kitchen. Not far from the station. Amazingly fun and friendly staff. Would go back to Stockholm just to stay at this hostel :) keep up the good work guys!

For me the Hostel is excelent, except, 2 facts: 1) everybody must leave the shoes in the front door and 2) the shower was in diferent floor of my room. Good price for breakfast and good location!

Very satisfied with stay. Definitely will be returning.

• 12th Dec 2013

Great backpackers in a great location. Very social and super friendly staff and guests with great hang out areas. Staff had great suggestions of where to go. Viking tour is a must do! Thanks CB! Dave "shire" Aus

Some of the best facilities I've seen in a hostel, plenty of computers, showers, kitchen space, common areas and extras.. Like free skate hire and sauna! Close to train station and easy to find. Not the cheapest option but worth it for the facilities and 'free' stuff!

Hostel Staff were great for giving us advice on where to go and what to do. Would definitely stay at this place again if i come Stockholm

Best hostel ever !!

• 5th Dec 2013

Great value considering stockholm prices. Good location (next to central), chill staff, free skate rental...big kitchen (with free pasta) is perfect to socialize; great for solo travellers. Clean rooms, butbonky a few private showers. I didn't mind to shower in a locker room style, but if you do, maybe keep this in mind. Would definitely recommend. P.S. the liquor store closes early. Get there on time or you'll be drinking 2.5% carelsberg from 7/11.

The spacing of the hostel is perfect for meeting new people. I met more travelers here than I met anywhere else. Come here if you're on your own and want to make cool friends like yourself. The hostel staff wasn't too friendly, but it didn't really matter since my relationship was with other people staying there.

Hostel is very accessible to the train station. The free wifi and other facilities offered are very handy, although one of the washing machines was out of order when we were staying. The breakfast that can be purchased is good value compared to the majority of nearby cafés. You will need to hire towels and linen if you don't bring your own, something to bear in mind.

Location is great. Staff need to smile and actually seem like they enjoy their job and assisting people. Need a 24 hr reception.

Really enjoyed our stay at the hostel, the young girl with short hair who worked in the mornings was very friendly and helpful especially with assisting my friend when she lost her phone!

One of the best hostels i have stayed in. Great facilities, friendly/helpful staff. Handy location.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! The staff is VERY cool, the location is perfect,and the hostel itself is very large and comfortable. Very very very nice. I will definitely recommend it to my friends!

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Ukraine

Very central place; no hassle; not tooo expensive! :)

Expensive for what it is, but it is in Stockholm. Facilities are very good and the place is clean. Would stay again if passing through Stockholm.

THE LAYOUT OF THE HOSTEL IS A BIT COMPLICATED SO I WAS QUITE CONFUSED AT THE BEGINNING. MEMBERS OF STAFF ARE GENERALLY HELPFUL EVEN THOUGH A YOUNGER MEMBER OF STAFF DID GIVE ME WRONG TOURIST INFORMATION. THE LOCATIONS OF SHOWERS ARE A BIT AWKWARD AS ONE WILL HAVE TO WALK THOUGH PARTIES OF PEOPLE TO GET TO ANY OF THE SHOWER. NUMBER OF TOILETS ARE SLIGHTLY UNDER SO SOMETIMES WILL HAVE TO WAIT IN THE MORNING. BREAKFAST IS NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD BUT THE PRICE IS REASONABLE.

Best hostel I ever stayed at, such a cool atmosphere! Definetely worth the money, even in a 12 bed room we had a good nights rest. Everything is very clean and the kitchen is great!