City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Very nice hostel with helpfull staff! Location was good. Less than 10 minutes walk to the city hall and a 5 minute walk to the Central Station. The pubcrawl was cool but it would be even cooler to end up in a (blg) club. The security is very good, but with those passwords (changes every day) for your room and entrance door it was sometimes getting a bit complicated. Here is more than enough to do, such as making meatballs, doing a bike tour and so on! So CBP is the best choice in Stockholm

It is very nice hostel, clean, best location, staff are very friendly

The location for this hostel is excellent and the building is very cool. I did not think it was a very clean hostel and the beds were terrible. Tends to get loud at night, but they do a good job of keeping the common area quiet after midnight. The walls between rooms are very thin, so you do hear your neighbors.

• 25th May 2014

It's a nice hostel but the beds are really bad! Also if you are looking for a place where you can rest after a long day sightseeing DO NOT go there. It's really noisy!

Not many showers and loos. Location is in the centre of the modern city so a bit of a walk from the tourist sites and the old town. Staff very friendly and helpful though. I booked a mixed dorm which turned out to be me and 7 men! Not sure if the hostel are able to allocate beds but if so it would be better to avoid that situation again.

Great hostel, excellent atmosphere and very helpful staff. Location is great - less than 10 min walk from Central Station. The only negative - I think staff should consider age limits as there was 3 of us in 4 bed girls dorm sharing our room with really old lady, around 60/70 years old. That was extremely awkward for us and I don't think that she was comfortable either. Especially us coming back really late at night! I think I would have much more pleasant stay if it was not for that.

• 24th May 2014
  • Poland

My friends and I loved it! One of the best hostel I have ever been to and I have been to a few. We had so much fun there and met so many friendly people there. It catered to all our need and beyond, e.g the printer for free. The only thing I would say, as a female we definitely needed a mirror in our room. If I was ever in Stockholm, I will be staying there.

I loved everything about this hostel - it's in a great location, the staff are very friendly and it's easy to meet fellow travellers due to all the activities available. I'll be staying here next time I'm in Stockholm. Thanks!

Awesome hotel in central Stockholm just minutes away from the centralstation with buses, trains and airport express. It's a classic european backpacking hostel so yes you got the aussies, canadians, americans on their euro trip there as well as the europeans and on rare occation some swedes. Free coffee, tea and pasta (dried one so you need to cook it yourself in the shared kitchen) is big plus.

This place is awesome. Good location, clean, secure, friendly staff and very efficient. Highly recommended.

• 23rd May 2014
  • India

Check in took a bit long but otherwise this place is awesome and the staff is wonderful. Lia is the best; loved chatting with her.. I had a great stay..

Thank you very much for arranging in such a great way my late arrival. I stayed only one night but I particularly appreciated the availability and kindness of the staff. Thanks a lot!

• 22nd May 2014

This was the best hostel I've stayed in yet in Europe. Great vibe, great ammenities, great people!

Comfy and clean bed...paying extra for bedding..

Nice hostel. Convenient n value 4 money

• 19th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Good location, easy to find, good wifi, large kitchen

Great feeling of international community and friendship in this place. It kind of feels like it is run by hipsters, but in the best way possible--everything is laid back, easy-going, fun-oriented, and meant to make life relaxing during your stay. Practically - the bathrooms are hard to find, but they are also scattered everywhere. Kind of quirky, but not necessarily a bad thing. Bring your own lock for the lockers in the room. Oh - and bus 53 goes straight from CBH to the Viking Ferry!

Very nice hostel! A lot of facilities; bikes, computers, skateboards, breakfast, drinks, ... Very well located and super nice atmosphere. A good place to spend your holidays/weekend... !! The only remark I can give are the noisy bunkbeds (really annoying!) and the guy (with the curly hair) in the breakfast cafe who wasn't really friendly...

Great location, short walk to the main street and around 15 minutes from old town. There's a nice outdoor area & good cooking facilities. Handy private bathrooms, which are kept clean. Would be back.

Big hostel, so sometimes you have to wander to find an open bathroom, but great atmosphere and really well run. Comfy beds, though a little shaky; great location near metro and walking distance to everything; wifi works everywhere, usually fast even during busy times; nice, well-stocked kitchen, lots of fridges; nice lounge areas; the bike tour was great, maybe it should be offered twice a week. Also check out the free walking tours (another company, but good).