City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Perfect place to meet other travelers especially if you are traveling solo.

This is the best hostel i have ever stayed in. The staff are really friendly, the location is close to Central Station and a short walk to the old town. The kitchen, common and tv area are really relaxing and perfect for a few nights stay. I highly recommend staying here.

Nice hostel,smile face staff,good location and brillant atmosphere.I will go there again.

breakfast was fantastic & the place is brilliant. loved communal areas & the free pasta is an absolute life saver with the high prices in stockholm. favorite hostel during trip

Overall good stay.. Showers good pressure and hot water, kitchen was good. Rooms don't have many windows as the hostel is on the basement level just a heads up.

Great place, lot's of great freebies like the ice- skates!

• 19th Feb 2015

Very nice location and atmosphere - like the shoes off policy. Able to walk to most places or the subway or buses weren't far. Downstairs is a bit of a maze and lots of codes to remember that change everyday but it made it seem very safe. Heating was vigorous! Big well-equipped kitchen (chopping boards!) and the free pasta was a nice touch. Lots of nice little things like having power points under the benches in the lounge.

Me and my partner stayed here for a few days for a break and found this hostel to be great. The room was nice, clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The Hostel itself was clean, warm and welcoming, although I wish it had more of a scene like other european hostels I have stayed in! this would have made the stay perfect, somewhere to hang out and drink with fellow travellers. However it did have good facilities for showering, using computers, kitchen etc. Would recommend.

Close location to the Stockholm central station. Great atmosphere the staff knew the local music cafés and best spots in Stockholm to see. So much facilities kitchen was good to use, lots of showers, there was a theme for every night almost. The rooms downstairs in the building was cool and had a wall couch in ours. Fun people travelers students great to meet. Overall I loved my stay at city backpackers hostel

super awesome hostel. I'm a solo traveler, and I don't party, and I found this to be a very nice hostel. Easy to meet people, and the staff are very friendly. My only issue was that the AC always seemed to be on, and made it very cold inside. Also the showers looked clean, but had a musty smell. Overall super awesome!!! Breakfast was good, but a bit expensive.

Should not be advertising a "Superior twin room" when it's just 2 bunk beds in a room. Despite booking and paying for the whole room we still had cleaners trying to come in prepare the 2 beds we weren't using for other guests. Poor communication by reception to staff.

• 11th Feb 2015

Hello, I'm very sorry about the problems you had while staying with us. Someone made a misstake with your booking by allocating it to a room with only bunks in it. The superior rooms have bunks too, but the lower bunk is 120 cm and sleeps two persons. We appologize for that, and I will contact you privately to offer you a refund, which you should have gotten allready at check in. Kindly, Ellinor City Backpackers

really kind staff! Thank you

• 9th Feb 2015

The hostel is excellent,and the staff really nice, I will recommend it to anybody going to Stockholm.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Croatia

I adored this hostel. Even when you walk through the door, the decor is very cozy and welcoming. The staff were always really helpful and cheerful. The beds were clean, the rooms were clean, the bathrooms were clean. The sauna is very nice and perfect after a long walk sightseeing in the cold. The WiFi was always really fast. They have free computers to use which are Macs so they work fast, too. They even have a printer which is free to use. Only downside: no free breakfast, have to rent sheets.

• 7th Feb 2015

This was a lovely hostel! It had ample space for socializing and was just a really cool place! I especially enjoyed how there were private showers too.

This is definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Fantastic value for money. Great location. Really comfortable, clean beds. Spacious, hot showers. Large kitchen and common area. Free pasta each night and a great atmosphere. Helpful staff too! If you're going to Stockholm, you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

The stay was absolutely amazing. The best hostel I have ever stayed in by far. Keep up the good work!

• 6th Feb 2015

Really close to central station. The dorms are not huge but big enough, while most other rooms (Kitchen, Bathroom) are a little small. Nice breakfast!

If you choose this hostel, you should not miss out on the viking sauna tour! It is an AMAZING experience. Michael is a great 'guide' and he takes care of you really well. The trip was not the same had we not done it. The hostel itself is very big and kind of a labyrinth, but it was not fully occupied when we were there, so it was still cozy. We met some awesome people there and the kitchen and rooms are very well equiped and kept very clean. Great Place!

An excellent hostel, very well designed, nice and helpful staff, great location, comfortable beds, ect. It was great to stay there. The only thing I would change are the lockets- they have a hole on the downside and thin walls and I also didn't enjoy buying a cheap lock, because such a lock isn't very safe. Every competent thief could easily get inside. Thank you!

• 3rd Feb 2015