City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Had an intern show us the hostel, he mumbled and wasn't clear with instructions and watched us struggle with bags etc without offering any help. Apart from that the hostel was good and clean and in a good location.

This hostel wins prizes, and quite rightly so! From the warm welcome to the (Scandinavian) "no shoes indoors" policy to the free pasta in the kitchen (just bring your favourite sauce), this place is located right in the heart of Stockholm. I stayed here a few times already, always happy to return. (If you travel with a group of friends, sharing a hotel room might be as inexpensive). With alcohol being rather expensive in Sweden, no problems with drunks. ;-) Lovely place & people.

We love having returned guests to us! Thank you so much for your amazing review, we really appreciate it. We are glad that we can deliver up to your expectations each time. We hope to see again soon! Safe travels, Charmaine CBP

Need more showers in the room area and everything is charged : lock, bed linen, bike, breakfast... Another bad point is the ventilation system very noisy however I've got used to. Except that my stay was awesome ! I read somewhere that this hostel is the best in the whole Scandinavia and I definitely think it is right. Good vibes, met with lovely fellow travelers and this place is so sweet inside. I traveled by myself but was never alone.

• 10th Nov 2015

Thanks for your honest feedback. We are currently renovating bathrooms at the moment. We will look into the ventilation system. Great that you had a wonderful experience and made friends along the way. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Best Hostel I've ever stayed in!! Everything from the staff, facilities & atmosphere was exceptional... felt really at home for the whole duration of my stay here! Will definitely use again when I'm back in Stockholm!

This hostel had a weird vibe, the staff was nice enough to a point, they didn't seem interested in being around you unless they had to. I wasn't given any tour or shown around, just discovered the maze of a hostel on my own, which is fine, it's just considerate if they give a 5 min tour, like most hostels do. They charge you for sheets, which if you're a traveller, you don't have room to pack your own, and they know that. Either add it to the price or get rid of it. I recommend staying elsewhere

Sad to hear that you had issues. The reason why we do not include the cost for sheets in the actual accommodation price, is that some people do actually prefer either carrying their own sheets or they have a sleeping bag with them to save money. We feel it's not fair to charge them extra cost for this. We do not mind people bringing their own sheets. We give our guests the option if they want to burrow sheets from us, so it's not enforced. Kindly Chars CBP

Everything was fantastic. Location was perfect, accessible to everything you wanted. Staff very helpful with directions and places to go. Meet a good bunch of people which made the whole experience amazing.

I really enjoyed my stay here: friendly staff, clean facilities, good balance of personal and community atmosphere. Definitely come back next time when I visit Stockholm.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Vietnam

Absolutely one of the best hostels I've stayed in! Loved the free pasta, really comfy beds, and great kitchen and common rooms. The hostel was kept very clean and I liked that all the bathrooms were private. It's super easy to get to and easy to get around to other parts of the city. Would definitely recommend a stay here and hope to be back again!

Cool that you had an excellent time here. We'd love to see you again! Happy travels! Charmaine CBP

Clean, comfortable, and in a fantastic location.

• 4th Nov 2015

Thanks for your comments. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Great place. The free pasta is so good, and the activities each evening are definitely worth it to get to know everyone. For a solo traveller, this is the perfect place.

Great that you enjoyed your time here with us. We hope to see you again soon. Kindly Charmaine CBP

I think there is a great vibe around, and people are able to make new friends quite easily. The shoes off policy is slightly inconvenient as people sometimes end up squashed in the corridor trying to put their shoes on. But otherwise it was pretty awesome. I especially enjoyed the private showers!

It was a nice hostel with everything clean and friendly staff. The breakfast they offer is way cheaper (with a lot more food) than you'll find anywhere else in Stockholm. But this was definitely the best hostel aimed toward meeting fellow travelers that I've been to. Just with cooking or sitting in the common room, the comfortable setting makes it easy to make friends to explore with (or to go spend your life savings on one drink in a Stockholm Bar). 1 problem: rooms are very dark, no windows.

Nice Flat, friendly owner

• 1st Nov 2015

Great staff! Great location! Big rooms and lots of added benefits like free coffee and tea and free printing. 100% would book this hostel again!

Such a great hostel and in such a great location! it's very easy to find from the train/bus station and is very centrally located! The atmosphere is amazing and I met some really great people here! The environment fosters friendships, so unless you choose to stay in your room the entire time, you're bound to make friends here. In addition, the front desk staff are super friendly!!!!! I had an AMAZING time here!

Thanks very much for your awesome review. Fabulous that you had such a wonderful experience here making friends and enjoyed our common rooms spaces to socialize. Welcome to come and visit us again! Safe travels! Charmaine CBP

What an amazing hostel, epitomized by their unbelievable staff! Yilda made the whole experience feel like a home away from home! Must stay here!!!!!!

Wonderful that you felt at home here. I will pass on your lovelycomment till Ildi. She will be so happty to hear that you had a great experience. We hope you will come and visit us again sometime. Cheers Charmaine CBP

This place is a short walk from the main train station and not too far from the good parts of town. The hostel has a cool design and it is a good place to meet people Everything is clean and the rooms have a good sized lockers (bring your own locks). Breakfast is healthy and worth the price. Pub crawl was average, but if you have a good group of people it is worth going because the end location is fun. Take advantage of alcohol at the duty free because there are not places around to buy from

Thanks for your review.Glad you made many friends here and had fun. Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Nice hostel with large rooms, huge kitchen downstairs and a free sauna! The only thing I didn't like was that all the showers were downstairs, and there were only a few toilets for the whole floor, was inconvenient at times.

We have quite a few bathrooms throughout the hostel. If you ever come again, please feel free to come to reception to ask us to show you where they are located. Thanks for visiting us and we hope you had an enjoyable stay. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Great hostel... Perfect location... Able to walk everywhere... Staff are quite friendly... Security is tighter than the White House... The code system on the doors Changes everyday which is a bit confusing and hard to get used to... Rooms are very comfortable... Good facilities with laundry and kitchen area... Overall very good!

I can understand it can be a bit overwhelming with the code system. We do this for our guests benefit to make sure it is safe and secure here at the hostel. If it's tricky to remember the codes, then we usually recommend to photo the codes on your mobile, so it's easier to check. Hope you had a pleasant time in Stockholm. You are welcome to visit us again! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

It is a beautiful hostel. loved the meat ball cooking experience and met great travelers there. The man and the girl at the reception who accommodated me were very friendly.

Thanks for your lovely review. Cool that you had fun making meatballs and enjoyed your stay here. Welcome back! Charmaine CBP