City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Toilet and Shower are not very convenient.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you did not find the bathroom facilities convenient. Maybe you did not find the section with private showers and toilets? They are newly built and in our opinion really nice.. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

A very nice place to stay, clean, spacious. There was plenty of space and the beds were comfy and quiet. This is very important if some people go to bed later than others. This is a good place to stay also for dance festival attendees since it is possible to come back to the room and be quiet when the others are sleeping. I stayed in 8-bed mixed dorm.

This hostel has a big kitchen which was a good for meeting other people and more than made up for there being no bar. It was spotlessly clean and the showers were good too. They were really insistent on 23:00 silence which made sleep possible. The room I was in had a big window so not too hot at night at all. This is definitely a social hostel without being a party hostel. Would recommend.

The hostel was very good value for money and well located. The breakfast was very good and healthy and the staff were really helpful. The only slight problems were that the room lacked a fan, which would have come in handy in the hot weather. Also the blind in the room did not close all the way to the bottom, so my wife and myself had to go into the toilet opposite to change clothes as the room was on the ground floor overlooking the courtyard.

• 24th Jul 2014

Hello and thank you for the comment. When you were staying here the whole building we are in had a problem with the air condition system. That has been fixed now, and the rooms are nice and cool again. Sorry for that, and welcome back. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Great staff. Warm atmosphere. Excellent facilities. What else can I ask for? Oh maybe the timber floor from one of the entrances can be renovated a bit.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Only a five minute walk from the train station and plenty of food around the area. Good location to get to other spots. Good facilities and love the free pasta!! Only complaint was it could get hot on the rooms at night. Otherwise not a bad place to stay. Do the kayaking trip if you can!

Hello, thank you for your comment. WGlad to hear you enjoyed the hostel, and sorry about the heat, there was a problem with the air condition the dates you stayed, and unfortunately that coincided with the unusually warm weather. Now the AC is fixed, and the rooms are nice and cool, so welcome back! Kindly, Ellinor CBP

One of my favourite hostels. I was in a 8 bed female dorm, and it was much bigger than other hostels I have stayed at. The breakfast for 55kr was fantastic. Great wifi and lounge areas.

We were upgraded to a six person suite which was very nice. Had a private bath, shower, sauna, kitchen. The common area was pleasant and the activities that the hostel set up were very well put on. Definitely the best way to meet fellow travelers.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I would definitely come back. It had a cool vibe and was really close to everything. I love when hostels arrange things for you to do at night at the hostel. The meatball experience was really fun. You get to cook Swedish meatballs get a three course meal drinks and meet people from the hostel. Also very clean. Only problem I had was the small number of bathrooms for so many people. But that wouldn't stop me from coming back. And you get free pasta to cook.

It was very clean with lots of activities on and had an excellent atmosphere. Lots of space for food and breakfast was really good and filled me up for most of day. Plus free pasta was excellent! Bike ride was a lots of fun and informative and meatball evening was great.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

This is probably one of the most awesome hostels I've ever stayed at. I especially liked the yard where people would hang out in the evening before going out to party or whatever. I've met a lot of great people there! The no-shoes policy is just another nice touch. The location is great as well - just five minutes walking from the central train station, and about ten minutes to various pubs. The daily events like bike tours, kayak tours and meatballs experience are a cool addition as well!

Pretty awesome hostel. the rooms & facilities are super clean, and the shared kitchen is awesome. The open backyard is a good spot to meet people who want to go out.

Staff are so welcoming and willing to do anything to make the customer happy and have a great experience. Great place to meet new friends.

Loved this hostel, perfect location, really good price, room big enough and toilets/showers always clean and with hot water running at any hour of the day. Staff very helpful plus communal areas very nice. Amazing security with codes and lockers. Really enjoyed staying her, will surely be back.

This has been by far my favourite hostel in Europe! The hostel itself is quirky and has an amazing atmosphere and the staff were all great! I became good friends with a lot of them. I will definitely be returning to Stockholm to stay at City Backpackers.

Great hostel with very friendly and knowledgeable staff. It is moderately expensive, but all of Stockholm seems to be! Nice location as it is very close to the train station.

My friend and I have been all over Europe in hostels and this was by far the BEST hostel we stayed at. It has a great outdoor common area and the staff were amazing! We took a Swedish meatball cooking class and a bike tour from the hostel, both we would highly recommend. Wifi was very fast and the entire hostel was always secure. We felt very comfortable staying there.

All around awesome! Did the bike tour and the cooking class with some great staff. I even had a sauna in my room!

too loud every night

Really great, extremely secure and clean.