City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel is very nice. Has a really cool vintage feel to it. I stayed there for a conference so I can't comment much on the atmosphere but I know they had daily activities planned. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the common area was nice. The outdoor patio was also a great place to hang out and relax. When i go back to Stockholm I will definitely be coming back to this hostel to get the true experience!

Good hostel, excelente location, walking distance for everything. A bit noisy during nights but i guess thats the price you pay for the location. I would stay again.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe! All round excellent facilites. Large kitchen and common areas. Beds have their own power sockets and lights which is too rare in European hostels! Still a tad pricey though, especially when you have to pay extra for bed linen.

Thanks for your comments! Great to hear you enjoyed our facilities. Cheers, Oliver CBP

Expensive but well-equipped.

It smelt like sweage in the room the entire time I was there and the linens I was given were stained and had holes in them. Theres nothing the staff can do about the next part but the people in my room had absolutly no hostel etiquette. Coming in (loudly) at 1230, touching and moving my things on my bed and chatting quite loudly on the phone at one-two in the morning for an extended period of time with no thoughts for anyone else in the room.

• 19th Jun 2015

I'm sorry to hear you're experience with us was not ideal. We'll investigate these issues immediately. I see that you're staying with us again, and in the event of any of these matters recur please contact staff immediately. Our receptionists will gladly exchange any marked linen and we have a member of staff on duty in the evening. They can be found in the breakfast cafe and specialise in quieting noisy roommates! Regards, Oliver CBP

City backpackers has an awesome staff to welcome you. The hostel itself is huge and there are plenty of areas to hang out and meet new people. Refrigerators and free pasta in the kitchen were a nice touch. Overall really good hostel. Take the bike tour with Michael for a different view of the city.

Thanks so much for your kind words! Really glad you enjoyed your time in Stockholm. Cheers, Oliver CBP

TOP,TOP,TOP! Enjoyed the staying in this fantastic hostel. Thanks for the whole Hostel - Team Greeting from Hamburg

• 18th Jun 2015

Really glad you enjoyed your time with us in Stockholm. Welcome back! Cheers, Oliver CBP

It is probably the best hostel I have stayed in so far this year!

Awesome to hear! Thanks for staying with us. Cheers, Oliver CBP

Great atmosphere, well designed common spaces made it easy to meet others in the hostel. A bit harder to find quiet/non social space if that's what you prefer in the evenings, however. Excellent location, walkable from train station. Plenty of hall bathrooms and shower rooms. Outlets at every bed.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Cheers, Oliver CBP.

The perfect place to stay and be welcomed into Stockholm! Also such a great environment for meeting people.

Great to hear you enjoyed your time in Stockholm and stay with us! Cheers, Oliver CBP

I could be wrong but probably anyone who complains about this hostel is just being picky and ridiculous.

Haha! Thanks for your comments. Cheers, Oliver CBP.

Great hostel, nice staff,good location. Great activities every night.recommend to stay!

Thanks for your comments. Great to hear you enjoyed our activities! Cheers, Oliver CBP

This hostel is great. I have no complaints (except maybe the weak wifi - but realistically I wasn't sitting around surfing the internet while I was there and it was nice to have any connection at all - for free! Plus they had computers to use). Great location with grocery and liquor stores a short walk away and easy commutes to cool areas on foot/bikes. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The whole atmosphere was great and the rooms and common areas were very clean! Highly recommended!!

• 13th Jun 2015

Great to hear you enjoyed your time in Stockholm and stay with us! Thank you for the kind comments. Cheers, Oliver CBP

I like there are refrigerators for each room and the kitchen is big enough for some guests cooking together. There are also enough computers for guests use.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean rooms, equipped with individual lockers and each bed has its own light and outlet. Kitchen is large and fully equipped, and even though I didn't take some, I could see that the free pasta was very much appreciated. Great common areas, good computers. Atmosphere is great and for some reason it was really easy to meet new people :) Friendly and helpful staff too! Still a bit pricey, should include bed linen or breakfast. (but would return anyway!)

Great stay and the staff were all really helpful and friendly. Especially the girl with the bangs and the brunette guy with the beard. Always had smiles on their faces and answered any questions I had and showed me new places to check out. Also very close to to train which was great.

Thanks for staying with us :) Cheers, Oliver

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff,

Thanks for staying with us! Cheers, Oliver CBP

Fantastic hostel! Very hip looking, breakfast was great and lots of social areas to hang out and meet with people. Also had a great kitchen. Staff gave a tour of the building when I checked in and had tons of extra activities! I did the bike tour which was lots of fun!!

We're really glad you had a great stay! Thanks so much for taking part in the bike tour and exploring Stockholm :) Cheers, Oliver CBP

Location = awesome! 5-10 minute walk from the old town and Drottninggatan. Staff were awesome at accommodating my needs including extending my stay, translating many things for me as well as directions and suggestions. Do a wicked pub crawl and lots of cool optionals. Chilled out common room where I made many life long friends. Beds are sooo comfy and facilities and rooms are A+. A little on the expensive side, but that's Sweden for you and this hostel is well worth it!

• 4th Jun 2015

Awesome hostel in a great location within walking distance of virtually anything. They hosted a really fun pub crawl on Thursdays that was a great way to meet people and see some local night life spots. I would definitely recommend staying here if your headed to Stockholm :)

Thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Cheers, Oliver CBP.