City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

An excellent hostel, very well designed, nice and helpful staff, great location, comfortable beds, ect. It was great to stay there. The only thing I would change are the lockets- they have a hole on the downside and thin walls and I also didn't enjoy buying a cheap lock, because such a lock isn't very safe. Every competent thief could easily get inside. Thank you!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Good location, good staff (Were very friendly and helpful), clean,comfortable, close to central station and within walking distance from nightlfe- great combination. Breakfast was kinda poor in that price, but still satisfying. one thing i'd suggest- the staff should be more aware of the attractions and nightlife the city has to offer. i mean- you can always google search eveything, but when the staff gives you personal advice it's more likely to be better.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Israel

A really nice hostel. I would recommend it to everyone.

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

a bit expensive, but good location, not that good as it said and a bit old inside

Maybe the best hostel I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. First rate across the board, and a very competitive price in an expensive city.

Was a good, clean hostel.

Loved the kitchen facilities and fridges. Sauna was a nice bonus. Washing machine very expensive, over 6€ for one wash and showers nog always clean in morning. And somewhat quiet in atmosphere. But great location makes up for that since you can easily go out for a drink.

• 31st Jan 2015

Enjoyed our stay but the man who greeted us, although welcoming, confused us with how the doors worked, where our room was situated and where the facilities were. The hostel is quite a maze. Still a rather central location and close to the central station. Staff not overly helpful when asked what to see and do. I felt like I had to interview them and force the answers out of them.

Hello, Sorry to hear you did not get a proper introduction when you arrive. Our code system is safe and practical, but takes a bit of explaining, which is why we try to always walk the guests in to the hosel and pointing out which code goes where and why. I guess that did not happen in your case, sorry for that... And also we should absolutely be availble for asking questions about the city, don't know what happened there, but will find out. Kindly, Ellinor City Backpackers

Stayed here at the end of January in a four bed mixed dorm. Rented towels, bed sheets, bought a padlock, with three nights stay plus two breakfasts cost around 900sek. Lovely helpful staff, gorgeous common room area. The showers are pretty good, the beds are comfy, the breakfast is tasty. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Nearly everything was good. Especially the common room deserves a special mention. It is easy to find a friendly group in the common room. One minor negative thing is that, for the price paid, I was expecting a better shower room. It is not bad, but surely it can be improved. Also, it could have slightly bigger lockers, to fit a small backpack in addition to the carry-on luggage.

Great time! Place was very clean and secure. Only issue were bathrooms and showers were a bit far from room and breakfast was not included.

Was a great hostel, very clean and fun activities in a great location of the city!

This hostel is the best I experienced so far: very close to the train station, crazy clean, free sauna, very comfy areas to chill... I met a lot of great people there!

It is ok. It has a sauna, which is a plus. The only bad thing is that if you stay in the female dorm you have to pass through the courtyard to reach the dorm, and this is not very comfortable when the weather is cold, rainy or snowy. Another bad thing about the female dorm is that there is a shower (not a very nice one) but no hair dryer, so if you need to wash and dry your hair you have to go to the main building. Anyway, it is a nice hostel with a friendly staff, and I would recommend it.

Great place to meet fellow travelers. Good location if you like to walk everywhere, which I do. FREE PASTA.

Great hostel, great staff.

Awesome hostel with the best setup! You have a personal light and power point next to your bed, lockers, fun things to do each day/night at the hostel if you want, or a great location in the city centre to explore from, plenty of freebies, relaxed atmosphere and plenty of awesome fellow travellers to meet. Stockholm is an amazing city too! Absolutely loved my stay here and wish it could've been longer! Pro tip - make the meatballs. (:

Lovely stay as usual. Convenient stay close to the train station.

Charming hostel inspired by the backpacker culture. If you enjoy backpacking through Australia you will love this place.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

CBP is an amazing hostel!!! I like the atmosphere so much! The location is pretty good, just a few minutes walk from the central station and most of the attractions. Also the staff there is really friendly and helpful, they did me a big favor helping me with my super heavy luggage. I definitely recommend everyone to choose here during your stay in Stockholm!

• 17th Jan 2015