City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Staff seemed useless, but nice. Location was alright.

Room was well equipped, lockers, wifi, sockets and lamp by bed. Had to pay extra for sheets so keep this in mind, seems to be the norm. Good kitchen and common area for people to socialise.. We were overcharged on card, but this was corrected immediately. Biggest complaint is the malicious gang of cleaning staff who patrol the hostel like a concentration camp. Grumpy, cleaning rooms on the phone, generally complaining about guests and make you feel in the way. No shoes allowed? Ridiculous!

Thanks for your honest opnions.Sorry to hear that you were displeased on having a clean hostel. I think the cleaning staff was trying to make you understand that your shoes should be off inside the hostel and could not get why you did not understand this when all other guests understood andrespected this. It's a bit hard to compare us to a concentration camp don't you think? I'm sure the people that suffered in those camps would say otherwise about our hostel. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Good hostel. Very chilled and easy going. Good location, can walk pretty much everywhere.

Thanks for the good review! Hope to see you again! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

All the security codes were really annoying. I was constantly getting locked out and this was frustrating. I wouldn't stay here again just for this reason.

Sorry to hear that you had trouble getting to grips with the security codes. We always try to prioritze guests safety because it's for guests benefit. We recommend to guests if they are having trouble remembering the codes to take a photo with their phone, then it is easier to remember. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Really good location and facilities. I live in a 6 female room with bathroom and even a kitchen. Everything is very clean. They host some events and every evening there's a free Swedish movie in the cafe(like the breakfast). I'll definitely book again!

Thanks so much for your kind words! Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine CBP

You get what you pay for, inc: separate shower and toilet combos which were fantastic (no queues -in October-, good pressure and temperature), great computers, top notch kitchens etc. Highly recommend this place. I forgot my jacket and they held it over for me as well...!

Clean and neat, staff was friendly and nice! Place had a very vintage / quaint feel

Thanks for your review. Hope you will come again soon! Safe travels Charmaine CBP

Great big hostel in the centre of Stockholm! Great facilities - very well setup! We wished could have stayed longer!!

We wished you could have stayed longer. It was lovely to have you here! Cheers Charmaine CBP

The hostel is well located and the atmosphere is perfect. Although we had some problems with the staff. When we arrived, they try to make us pay more that the amount we should really pay. Fortunately, my friend realized the mistake and we didn't pay more than we should. After that everything was ok until other friend arrived, they assigned her the same room than us. We left the hostel and when we returned her things were moved to another room because an "administrative mistake".

Sorry to hear that you misunderstood about the payment. Hope you can understand that we would not charge you more than you had been confirmed when you first made the booking. Regarding your friend, it might of been that we tried to get your friend to be in the same room but it was not possible at late notice. Apologises on behalf of the staff. We hope you had a fabulous time during your stay at Stockholm. Kindly Charmaine CBP

This was an excellent place to stay! I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely consider staying with them again.

The hostel was good, but I had the "luck" to share the room with people who snored very loud or ones who came drunk and didn't care everybody else was sleeping at 4am...every night. Also, the room was underground and crowded, so the air is quite heavy. I didn't spend much time in the room, but for the night, it was hard to rest. I also find it very weird that they charge you additional for bed linen - you would imagine you book a bed and it's ready to sleep in.

Best hostel ever!

• 17th Oct 2015

I have been to many hostel in Scandinavia but this hostel is just the best. Staff is eager to help, its perfect when you travel alone because the hostel offers a lot of things like the swedish meatball experience, which makes it easy to meet other traveller.The free pasta is a great idea. The lobby is decorated in an amazing style. Rooms are clean and have a good standart.

I loved this hostel! It was spacious, and clean, the location was amazing and it was definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed so far, I highly recommend it!

The hostel was very strict and if you did not cooperate they would threaten to kick you out. There was a lot of families and older people. The staff were not helpful in helping to map out activities to do in Stockholm. At 10pm all music and drinking was banned forcing you to go to the bars early when nothing happens until after midnight or 1pm. They would make you pay for everything on top of the cost of the room i.e. bed linen, towels, to use the sauna etc. Very average place.

Shame that you did not understand that throwing pizza on the kitchen walls was not ok. We also had to ask you repeatedly to turn down your high volume music when guests were sleeping, Staff would of happily helped you if you did not hurl abusive language at them and was impolite to other guests. We have free sauna times in the evenings and other freebies. I recommend in the future to stay at an all inclusive hotel. Hopefully you will feel better. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Great location, good facilities and great location (near the main station). Glad I stayed here in Stockholm!

• 12th Oct 2015

Thanks very much for you review. We are happy that you stayed here too. Hope to see you again! Charmaine CBP

It is a nice place to stay in Stockholm in a very good location and quite cheap for Sweiden.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Excellent, our self-catering apartment had a TV, Wifi, a tall refrigerator. friendly cafe & reception staff

• 9th Oct 2015

Thanks for your lovely comments. We hope to see you again soon! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Great hostel in a perfect central location close to the main bus station with great access to the historical centre. Shops, restaurants, transport, everything is super close in walking distance. The hostel is clean, everything looks really nice, the staff is really friendly. There is a large kitchen and one fridge per 2 rooms so it's really great for those who want to prepare their food (and there is free pasta!:-)). Overall I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Stockholm.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

Thanks so much for your amazing review. Welcome back anytime! We'd love to see you again soon. Cheers Charmaine CBP

I really enjoyed my stay here - met a lot of great people, and staff was really helpful and patient answering all my questions. They did allow us to stay in the cafe till 5 am drinking our own beers a few good places to eat and have a few drinks. Ask the best food place in town :) And they also got a free sauna for guests !

Glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Welcome back anytime! All the best! Charmaine CBP