City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

They have the most comfortable hostel beds I have ever slept on! The staff if very helpfull and friendly, but not that well informed about the city's nightlife. The facilities are very clean and safe (you need a key code to acess the hostel). The kitchen is well equiped and they offer you free pasta! They offer movie nights and other activities to help people interact with each other. Overall, a freat place to stay. PS: they charge you for the bed linen, so be prepared

Helpful staff and great location

Very satisfied with my stay. Friendly staff. Easy to find the hostel from central station. Everything was clean and the bed comfortable. Thanks, will come back next time I ambin Stockholm!

I always have a good stay and manage to meet people at City Backpackers.

Everything as I wanted, Swedish style

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Probably the best hostel in stockholm. Cool vibe and great place to chill out. And also usually plenty of people who are looking to head out. Wifi works well. Only negatives are that the common room silence at night is enforced strictly, which means people do speak more in the dorms. And the sensor lights in the rooms are the stupidest idea ever - means anytime anyone gets up the lights for the whole room come on.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. Glad to hear you enjoyed the vibe. And you are right about the light sensors, we can't really explain what we were thinking there... (although I can tell you we have had even more stupid ideas, only then we stopped ourselves before realizing them..) Thank you and welcome back!

great staff, everyone was kind and we had a good time!

Really nice hostel! Nice rooms, clean, good facilities, kitchen seemed nice, good common areas, good backpacker-vibe. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay again!

It was a overall pleasant stay. The room wasn't ready when we arrived but the staff let us use the storage room during the day so we could go out instead of waiting. The bathrooms were not the cleanest and there was either paper or soap missing. The information about the private showers were not given to us at all. But the room was comfortable and it was nice and quiet considering it was weekend and the staff was helpful when we asked for advice about the city.

Terrific, enthusiastic and friendly staff! Made me feel very welcome, especially as I had never visited Stockholm before.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Lovely hostel. Everyone on the staff was great as well. Very welcoming and helpful.

very nice place with good facilities and staff. very reasonable in Stockholm. There's no key but passcode for every door and it changes by day, so you just have to take a photo of passcode list they give you and you don't need to carry keys which is great. definitely recommend

Staff very friendly, i had to cancel one of the days of my stay (that i couldnt do anymore on the hostelworld) and the staff did it. My stay was really good, as expected (second time on the hostel, so i knew what to expect :) ). Really recommend for the atmosphere, location and the staff. Next time i come to stockholm i'll definetely come again to the hostel!

Probably my favorite hostel I have ever been in. Really knowledgeable and friendly staff. Clean rooms, restrooms, showers and kitchen. Met some great folks while staying in a mixed dorm. Large lockers to stow away all my things and codes on every door to make sure no strays can enter. The sauna was also nice and so were the private showers. Used the free pasta station twice. Would def. stay here again and do the Viking Sauna tour if I came back to Stockholm

Staff had poor attitude, location was not prime, atmosphere was lacking, room was pricey

Hi, Sorry to hear you did not have a good stay with us. For being right in the center of Stockholm, our prices are good compared with other establishments, but I understand if you find them high compared to other European cities.. Regarding the attitude of the staff, apparently we have failed in giving you the positive welcome that we want to give all our guest, and I am sorry about that. Kindly, Ellinor City Backpackers

The best hostel I have ever stayed so far. That's all I can say about it.

very comfortable place. they provide lots of things for free.

Great hostel. Although it's large, the common rooms are great so it's easy to meet people. Really good location, easy to walk to the main station, very close to shopping areas and walkable to most other things as well.

As a female solo traveler it was a safe and relaxed place, they screened Swedish films each night at the cafe, which was quite nice of them. The breakfast was good value for money and the facilities clean and organised. Just one minus- the dryers just didn't actually dry the clothes. I paid 50kronas for the washing machine and dryer, which was a bit of a waste as I couldn't pack my clothes dry the next morning. Other than than great place and great people!

Excellent hostel! I travelled alone, and the staff were incredibly hospitable and welcoming. The facilities were amazing, the toilets were really clean, beds were comfortable, and really near main train station. It's also about 10-15 minutes walk from the old town.