City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

One of my favourite hostels. I was in a 8 bed female dorm, and it was much bigger than other hostels I have stayed at. The breakfast for 55kr was fantastic. Great wifi and lounge areas.

We were upgraded to a six person suite which was very nice. Had a private bath, shower, sauna, kitchen. The common area was pleasant and the activities that the hostel set up were very well put on. Definitely the best way to meet fellow travelers.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I would definitely come back. It had a cool vibe and was really close to everything. I love when hostels arrange things for you to do at night at the hostel. The meatball experience was really fun. You get to cook Swedish meatballs get a three course meal drinks and meet people from the hostel. Also very clean. Only problem I had was the small number of bathrooms for so many people. But that wouldn't stop me from coming back. And you get free pasta to cook.

It was very clean with lots of activities on and had an excellent atmosphere. Lots of space for food and breakfast was really good and filled me up for most of day. Plus free pasta was excellent! Bike ride was a lots of fun and informative and meatball evening was great.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Wales

This is probably one of the most awesome hostels I've ever stayed at. I especially liked the yard where people would hang out in the evening before going out to party or whatever. I've met a lot of great people there! The no-shoes policy is just another nice touch. The location is great as well - just five minutes walking from the central train station, and about ten minutes to various pubs. The daily events like bike tours, kayak tours and meatballs experience are a cool addition as well!

Pretty awesome hostel. the rooms & facilities are super clean, and the shared kitchen is awesome. The open backyard is a good spot to meet people who want to go out.

Staff are so welcoming and willing to do anything to make the customer happy and have a great experience. Great place to meet new friends.

Loved this hostel, perfect location, really good price, room big enough and toilets/showers always clean and with hot water running at any hour of the day. Staff very helpful plus communal areas very nice. Amazing security with codes and lockers. Really enjoyed staying her, will surely be back.

This has been by far my favourite hostel in Europe! The hostel itself is quirky and has an amazing atmosphere and the staff were all great! I became good friends with a lot of them. I will definitely be returning to Stockholm to stay at City Backpackers.

Great hostel with very friendly and knowledgeable staff. It is moderately expensive, but all of Stockholm seems to be! Nice location as it is very close to the train station.

My friend and I have been all over Europe in hostels and this was by far the BEST hostel we stayed at. It has a great outdoor common area and the staff were amazing! We took a Swedish meatball cooking class and a bike tour from the hostel, both we would highly recommend. Wifi was very fast and the entire hostel was always secure. We felt very comfortable staying there.

All around awesome! Did the bike tour and the cooking class with some great staff. I even had a sauna in my room!

too loud every night

Really great, extremely secure and clean.

Loved every moment of our stay here. Do the cooking class! It was heaps of fun and a great way to meet people. We stayed in a private 2 bedded room. The room was cosy but nice and quiet. Hostels in a decent location and only a short walk from a shopping strip and the old town. Also only a 5 minute walk from the central station. Staff were amazing and bathrooms were very clean. The breakfast was nice as well.

RECOMMENDED! Great location, just a five minute walk from central station so you can easily get anywhere in Stockholm. Hostel itself is great… good vibe, with a great outdoor space for meeting other travellers and hanging out. I stayed in a twelve bed dorm which was much bigger and spacious than I have stayed in in the past, even had a little sofa area which was nice. One poor point of the room was the door closed quick loudly, but that may just have been because my bed was next to the door.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in Scandinavia. I liked the interior decorations a lot. The room was ample sized, and they have an outdoor patio area, too.

We were very happy! Nice atmosphere, a lot of friendly cool people, very good location, good staff!

Good located, very good atmosphere, clean & perfect service. I definitely recommand it!

• 10th Jul 2014