City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but rooms and kitchen were clean. Free pasta was awesome. It's a nice hostel, lots of hang out space, would go back.

I had chosen it because I needed to pay with credit card. When I arrived they said that their poster wasn't working and didn't allow me to check and asked me to go to an ATM to find cash and return. Then after doing all that and finally checked in, they didn't have time to tell me what to see in the city. Denifenitly not coming back.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at CBP. We had a problem in our whole buildning with the internet company that delivers our connection. We did all we could to fix it, but had to wait until they could find the problem in their end. This affected the card machine and the phone, and due to this emergency the reception had less time than normal to give advice to the guests. We appologize for not living up to the standard we normally have... Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Had a great time at the hostel, would do it again!

• 13th Mar 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel. In honesty I wasn't in much so I probably didn't get the full vibe of the place but I can't imagine anything else than that it would only get better. One of the best things with this hostel compared to others I've visited is that there is an abundance of both toilets and showers, didn't have to wait in cue a single time.

It was a nice experience staying there. The kitchen was clean and all the facilities are perfect. Strongly recommend this hostel.

Good hostel. They are more expensive than advertised though. Charge you for linen and the breakfast isn't a buffet. You get yogurt and then an option between a waffle, cereal, or a sandwich. 1 glass of orange juice or coffee.

Very near the center of everything, in a beautiful area. Short walk from the bus station that brings you from the airport. Lovely facilities and staff very helpful as well.

This hostel has created a great atmosphere that attracts young, experienced travelers eager to socialize in any way. The facilities and staff are top notch.

Absolutely brillant!! 100% happy. The best hostel I have been so far.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Awesome hostel ! Staff super friendly and helpful !

10 minute walk from the central train station. Location was great. Staff was very helpful and nice. Being charged for linen rental was a bit unusual but everything else was perfect.

Good location. Good choice for people who want to make new friends, connections.

This was an amazing place! Really easy to meet other friendly travelers, super modern, clean, friendly staff and guests and the free pasta was a life saver in such an expensive city! Would recommend it to anyone, certainly one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

This is a very well run hostel. The staff try their best to accommodate all requests from guests. The atmosphere was good but could be better - I think perhaps more nightly social events should be organised. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

City Backpackers has set a very high standard for hostels – my stay there was definitely a highlight of my week away :)

• 5th Mar 2015

Enjoyed my stay at City Backpackers Hostel in Stockholm during March. The security is sometimes too good (too many doors to lock and unlock on your way to the shower, for example) but the location is very great and atmosphere was ok! I tend to prefer smaller hostels but here you could get some privacy too.

One of my favorite hostels. Free computers, free pasta, free sauna, extremely friendly and helpful staff, the showers are great and it has a great common room and kitchen area. The whole hostel was very clean, and I met some great people while I was there. Next time I'm in Stockholm I'll definitely be staying there again.

Excellent social side with pub crawls and swedish meat ball making.

I stayed here for four nights and it was one of the best hostel experiences I had. The staff were so friendly and they had some super fun activities during the evenings like making Swedish meatballs. The facilities are really clean and the kitchen is quite big and very open. The common room was also great for meeting people. It's a really great hostel.

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed at, anywhere. The bar has now been set a few notches higher in my book! The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were clean, the staff was helpful, the coffee and tea were dank and free and the internet fast and the pasta free and delicious. The common areas are centers of friendship making and game playing and fun having. The foozball table is a huge plus. The location is excellent, not too noisy or touristy, very close to the train station.