City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Great location, good facilities and great location (near the main station). Glad I stayed here in Stockholm!

• 12th Oct 2015

Thanks very much for you review. We are happy that you stayed here too. Hope to see you again! Charmaine CBP

It is a nice place to stay in Stockholm in a very good location and quite cheap for Sweiden.

• 10th Oct 2015
  • Greece

Excellent, our self-catering apartment had a TV, Wifi, a tall refrigerator. friendly cafe & reception staff

• 9th Oct 2015

Thanks for your lovely comments. We hope to see you again soon! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Great hostel in a perfect central location close to the main bus station with great access to the historical centre. Shops, restaurants, transport, everything is super close in walking distance. The hostel is clean, everything looks really nice, the staff is really friendly. There is a large kitchen and one fridge per 2 rooms so it's really great for those who want to prepare their food (and there is free pasta!:-)). Overall I cannot imagine a better place to stay in Stockholm.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Slovakia

Thanks so much for your amazing review. Welcome back anytime! We'd love to see you again soon. Cheers Charmaine CBP

I really enjoyed my stay here - met a lot of great people, and staff was really helpful and patient answering all my questions. They did allow us to stay in the cafe till 5 am drinking our own beers a few good places to eat and have a few drinks. Ask the best food place in town :) And they also got a free sauna for guests !

Glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. Welcome back anytime! All the best! Charmaine CBP

really enjoyed my stay here, its a very large hostel. i stayed during the colder times but could only imagine how good the outside area would be during the warmer months, if they have warm months in sweden that is.

Very nice hostel, located near the main train station (which you can take the arlanda express from the airport). Very clean and secure. Staff is very nice. At first, the map and how the hostel works looks like very confusing but you get used to it. The hostel has activities every day and the pub crawl that me and my friend went was very nice. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

everything was grate. only one comment with the air conditioner, because was to cool both in the room and in the common places

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Colombia

Sorry that you experienced problems with the climate.This is a very rare case. I think the reason for this might be because we are inbetween seasons right now and the building airwaves are regulated automatically with the natural temperature, so we cannot regulate the air-conditioning manually unfortunately. If you ever visit us again and you find your room too cool, please feel free to come to reception and tell a receptionist. We will gladly give you an extra quilt to keep warm. Charmaine CBP

very welcoming hostel. it's initially a bit weird to remove the shoes to get in but then you get used easily, and that makes the rooms cleaner! The security was ok too, every bed has also a small safety cupboard, just remember to bring your own lock!

Hope you enjoyed your stay with us. If people do not have their own lock, then we sell these for 30 SEK in reception. Welcome back! Charmaine CBP

Great Location, great staff, good atmosphere BUT (and i think it is the only "but") you have to pay for bed linen and towel.. seriously what kind of backpacker travels with bed linen?

Glad to hear that you had a fun time here. Quite a few backpackers travel with their own bed linen or sleeping bags believe it or not, so this is the reason we give this extra option and do not include this in the room price, so people are not forced to pay for something that they already have with them. Hope you can understand others situations. Welcome back anytime! Kind regards, Charmaine CBP

You have to bring your own sheets or else pay for theirs. I had no problem with this but it was not obvious when booking on line. The hostel is not really suitable for those with disabilities. Plenty of stairs. Again this was not obvious when booking on line. You are also not permitted to wear your shoes in doors. Again it would have been nice to know in advance.

Sorry to hear that you had troubles getting around the building. As you have trouble with stairs, I recommend in the future, to e-mail the place where you are planning to stay in advance and ask if the location is disability friendly. We would have tried our best to put you in a room that is on street level. Usually we mention to people about taking shoes of in the main entrance of the hostel at check-in, so I will pass this on to the receptionist that checked you in. Kindly Charmaine CBP

The best with the place is the location and friendly although a bit disorganized staff. My private room could have been made more comfortable with the addition of a chair, even a simple kitchen chair would have been better than none. Instead of a clothes closet there is a hook on the wall, placed peculiarly above the rickety bedside table, to hang your coat etc.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Finland

Thanks for your tips. I have noted these and passed this on to our renovation team. Kind regards, Charmaine CBP

Good organization of events and things to do. If you stay on the top floor is long way to the showers especially with renovations. Grocery store close but far away from most of the places we visited.

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear you had a fun time here. Stockholm in general is a small city compared to other cities in the world, so you can reach everywhere by foot more or less. We are only 20 mins walk to Old Town and easy to walk into town from where we are. Plus bus stops and Metro systems are very close by. Welcome back anytime! Kind regards, Charmaine CBP

This hostel is great. There are tons of space for common areas and the free pasta is a touch. I had no problem meeting people and having someone to do stuff with. Bar crawl was average I'd say but that's stockholm.

one of the best hostels i have stayed! clean, big and comfortable bed! you have done a good job!

Thanks for your kind words! Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Great place to meet people, very clean bathrooms, really nice rooms with lots of space. They make you take off your shoes so if you are using different entrances each time don't forget your shoes! I almost did! hahaha

location is good, staff quite friendly ,room is small not very spacious

I was very reassured by the level of security and the wifi here was also the best I encountered throughout my travels. Beds were really comfortable and the atmosphere was really cool and chilled. It was very easy to meet people here. AND free pasta - whats not to love!

Thanks for appreciating the our efforts on security. Security is one of the top priorities with us.We'd love to see you again! Cheers Charmaine CBP

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Staff is awesome, a good place for solo traveller. Nice common spaces. Very clean and located at a distance walk from everything.

The staff was wonderful and even printed my boarding pass for me. I have never seen a hostel with do many great amenities! Location was perfect, great service and wonderful stay!