City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

Good hostel over all. They have good common areas to chill and relax.The free pasta is a good way to save some money because food is very expensive in Stockholm. The location wasn't great but only about a 20-30 minute walk to cool areas. Worth the stay.

Hello, I'm glad to hear you liked CBP, and sorry that we did nt get a chance to point out any of the really nice areas just next to us, such as the north end of Drottninggatan, great for shopping and lunch, and Odenplan, with plenty of bars and restaurants. On our homepage we also have suggestions about places nearby, after all we are right in the city center..

Best hostel I have ever stayed!!

You won't find a better hostel than this! So much passion gone into the designing of this place, better than most hotels I've stayed at! Awesome no shoes policy downstairs in the living quarters which should be universalised for all hostels! VISIT CITY BACKPACKERS HOSTEL VISIT STOCKHOLM!!

Thanks a lot for your review, lovely to hear you appreciated the hostel. Kindly, Ellinor CBP

had a blast staying here. met some awesome people. the stay was very helpful with help planning a fun filled day. Very secure and clean. it helps you have to take your shoes off before entering the sleeping/common areas. would definitely recommend. Not too far of a walk from Gamla Stan and other local attractions.

Was quite sick while staying here, so the only thing that put me off were the communal showers and bathrooms, as the ones in our room were being renovated at the time. Other than that, my stay here was awesome. I encountered very helpful staff, and the room I was staying in was kept ridiculously clean. Facilities like the kitchen came in handy, to keep eating a little cheaper. Did I mention the free pasta?! Also met so many lovely people here, giving it a great atmosphere.

Wow, that were some great 4 nights I stayed there. I felt really comfortable and safe. Definitely the best hostel I stayed at so far. Met great people while enjoying the free pasta. The facility is greatly equipped. Wish I would have used the sauna every day of my stay. Only did it on my last evening (an instruction how to use it would be helpful tho. I was sitting there so long until I figured out how to make it hot in there). The only minus I have is the breakfast. A buffet would be better.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Hello! Thank you for the input, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Normally, the sauna starts automatically during the hours it is free, I will check what happened... Kindly, Ellinor CBP

I'm travelling around the Europe and this is undoubtedly the best hostel I've stayed. Free pasta, kitchen available, friendly staff, clean rooms, sauna, private showers, computers (iMacs) with free internet access, good wifi connection, luggage room free of charge, central location... The best is the atmosphere, you can talk to people from the whole world until late, and make new friends. I travelled alone, but I felt really comfortable with international people, so make sure you'll stay there.

A nice and great place to meet people.

The best hostel I have ever stayed on, on every level and the only oneI would return to.

Thank you very much and welcome back! / Ellinor, CBP

Staff are rude & unwelcoming, except Gabriel was cool and helpful. The old guy that checked me in was the worst. I arrived at 8:30pm, there was a pub crawl advertised as leaving at 8, I asked where they went so I could meet up & I would still pay, he said "it's not that kind of thing" WHAT KIND OF THING IS IT? It didnt leave til 10! They also charge for sheets & every little thing. Requested bottom bed in advance, got top bed with no side rail. Not enough showers as there's always a long wait.

Hello, sorry to hear you had a bad experience at City Backpackers.. On the particular day you arrived the bar tour was full, but you should of course have been given a satisfactory explanation. About your request of a bottom bunk, we always try to accomodate requests, but in shared dorms it often occurs that the lower bunks are allready taken by guests that checked in the previous day, but again, we should have communicated that to you when you checked in. Our appologies for the inconvenience.

City Backpacker's hostel made our trip to Stockholm much much better. The atmosphere was great, each night we were eating, drinking and making friends with everyone in the common room and the kitchen. Free pasta was a plus, facilities were clean, common rooms were comfy, kitchen was well-equipped. Breakfast was a bit overpriced (like everything in Sweden) so I'd recommend going by the grocery store and getting stuff to make your own.

Hello! Thank you for your review. Im really glad to here you had a good time and made new friends here, that is just what we want! As for the breakfast, I agree that prices in general are high in Stockholm, but our offer is among the cheapest in the area. And you are always welcome to use our kitchen to fix your own breakfast, we have a great supermarket just 5 minutes up the street. Kinldy, Ellinor CBP

Really great hostel. Very clean and cool place to stay. We would definitely come again and recommend it to anyone travelling to Stockholm.

• 19th Mar 2015

The only odd thing about this otherwise really awesome hostel is that you have to pay for sheets and towel but they providing all your other bedding supplies. Free pasta was awesome, also take note of free food in one of the 10 fridges they have. The kitchen was a bit too noisy to me sometimes so I found more solace in my room. I liked the code system of getting into the room instead of having to use a key. Having access to the free evening sauna was awesome. Their cleaning staff is on point!

Great hostel, great location and staff, good value for money.

Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but rooms and kitchen were clean. Free pasta was awesome. It's a nice hostel, lots of hang out space, would go back.

I had chosen it because I needed to pay with credit card. When I arrived they said that their poster wasn't working and didn't allow me to check and asked me to go to an ATM to find cash and return. Then after doing all that and finally checked in, they didn't have time to tell me what to see in the city. Denifenitly not coming back.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at CBP. We had a problem in our whole buildning with the internet company that delivers our connection. We did all we could to fix it, but had to wait until they could find the problem in their end. This affected the card machine and the phone, and due to this emergency the reception had less time than normal to give advice to the guests. We appologize for not living up to the standard we normally have... Kindly, Ellinor CBP

Had a great time at the hostel, would do it again!

• 13th Mar 2015

I had a great stay at this hostel. In honesty I wasn't in much so I probably didn't get the full vibe of the place but I can't imagine anything else than that it would only get better. One of the best things with this hostel compared to others I've visited is that there is an abundance of both toilets and showers, didn't have to wait in cue a single time.

It was a nice experience staying there. The kitchen was clean and all the facilities are perfect. Strongly recommend this hostel.

Good hostel. They are more expensive than advertised though. Charge you for linen and the breakfast isn't a buffet. You get yogurt and then an option between a waffle, cereal, or a sandwich. 1 glass of orange juice or coffee.