City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel is very clean and fairly quiet. I love that they use codes to get in and out of everywhere--you feel like your stuff is very safe when you're gone! It's also close to the bus station which is nice when you have to get to the airport! The area right outside the hostel is okay--there are a lot of restaurants and shopping but I think I would have preferred to be a little closer to Gamla Stan. But really it isn't too far of a walk.

Really great hostel for meeting other travelers. Nice common areas for hanging out in a chill way. Most of the fun parts of stockholm are a bit further away, train ride or long-ish walk. This area is mostly shopping (H&Ms everywhere) and expensive food. Had to go further out to find more unique and affordable shopping/eating.

Oh I wish you had come and asked at reception where the best affordable places to eat. There are many round where we are located. Hopefully if you ever decide to stay with us again you will have a more enjoyable time. Glad yo met other fun travellers whilst staying here. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

This hostel has everything you could possibly need. The kitchen and wifi are great. Bathrooms even have hairdryers. My room felt a bit claustrophobic with there not being any fresh air but the courtyard area was really nice and had a cover for the rain. Free coffee and tea were a HUGE PLUS! Would stay here again.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you would stay here again! Welcome back anytime. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Great insider tips and loved the in house activities!

Great place for the money, staff was great!

Good location and very secure. Main downside was lack of showers (they are refurbishing some).

• 19th Sep 2015

Overall i'd give City Backpackers 8.5/10. The location is excellent and the rooms were clean and the 55kr breakfast option in the morning was really nice. The atmosphere was friendly enough but most people seemed like they were content to do their own thing. It would be nice to see more interaction from the staff and maybe some more day/night group activity/day trip options. Also there didn't seem to be enforcement of the noise rule outside at night so it would be worth it to bring ear plugs.

Thanks so much for a great review, despite you had problems with a snorer. I wish you came to the reception to let us know, then we could have offer you ear plugs. It's good that you mentioned about the noise rule and we will try our best to work on it. Sometimes when people are having so much fun, they seem to get carried away and forget our reminders but we will try and enforce this much more. Glad you enjoyed staying here. Welcome back anytime! Cheers Charmaine C

I paid for the private showers and toilet but both were under renovation during my stay. However I was not given any refund or value added services to make up for the losses.

Hi there, I think the receptionist that checked you in forgot to mention that the price was already reduced a bit because of the renovation works. The prices are actually a bit higher at normal price compared to the price that you paid for. Sorry about being missinformed. We will try and make this clearer for guests upon check-in. Hope you had a great time in Stockholm in anycase. Cheers Charmaine CBP

The sauna was very nice, but a but unclear how/where to leave clothes and stuff while saunaing?

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Norway

When looking for a hostel in Stockholm, this is the only place to stay. There are many activities, ample refrigerator space, the location is wonderful, the common spaces are homey, and the staff is amazing. Leaving was the worst part!

Nice atmosphere, good breakfast and for a decent price. Beds were comfy.

• 15th Sep 2015

I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm which was great until a bad snorer checked in - no fault of the hostel there. This is a big place, so the potential exists to meet a lot of people. Reception staff are very helpful and cleaning staff is thorough. Great kitchen with separate fridges for each dorm/set of rooms. Beds are squeaky but comfortable enough. The location is close to all the major sites with easy public transport connections. I would stay here again. Thanks City Backpackers!

The location is excellent, it is near to the central station. However, the sound is loud when opening or closing the door (dorm room). so it might disturb others to sleep. Overall is good.

I loved it

I would have to say this is one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in so far, and I have stayed in several. The privacy curtain attached to the bed was genius and perfect.

Excellent location! Next to Central Station and Bus terminal, next to grocery stores and also close to shopping street and old town. The space is always clean, they have a police to walk inside without the shoes, I didn't like at first but then I fully agree! The dorms didn't have bathrooms but they have individual showers and wc, so I never had to wait for lines. Great kitchen. It was the most secure hostel I've ever been! They have a security system secret codes that changes daily.

Very nice atmosphere, helpful staff, good facility and location, highly recommended.

Really good

only a short walk from the train station. easy for solo travellers to meet others. my dorm was very spacious and the bathrooms were always clean. an all round decent hostel

best Hostel I have ever stayed in,great place great location. you need to stay here.