City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel is great, friendly, clean and comfortable, though at night air conditiong (or some kind of air flux) was turned off, and air in room got really stuffy (also because some of the people didn't had any shower or anything..) and it was hard to get on

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Hello, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the air condition. It is automatic and should always be on. I will pass on to our janitor to have a look at it. I'm glad you had a great stay otherwise! Thank yo and welcome back! CBP

Very nice hostel in the center of stockholm, clean room and bathrooms. The staff was good at english and everything was good.

They are very strict there. No warnings. I heard of people getting fines for different things. Good area downstairs for pre drinks though as Stockholm is very expensive out. Also something to consider is they dont wear shoes inside.

Hello, I surprised to read about the fines and the strictness at CBP. We do ask people to be quiet in the dorm areas after 23, but have a café where you can sit and chat as late as you want. And the only fine we ever give out is if a group leaves their room in a mess, then we put on an extra cleaning charge, but that rearly happens. Our goal is that our guests have a great time at CBP and feel welcomed and warmly treated by all staff; fines and no warnings are just not our style.../ CBP

Very professionally run, huge hostel. Lots of kitchens and communal spaces. Rooms felt spacious and were nicely decorated. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, all spoke pretty flawless English. By the time you had paid for sheets and breakfast it did become quite an expensive hostel, I think about £30 for one night.

Our stay at city backpackers hostel was fantastic. They had bike rentals for 50 sek, which was the perfect way to explore Stockholm. Like mentioned, the hostel had free pasta and you just gotta make your own sauce. The common lounges and kitchen are great for meeting people. There is a Foosball table in the reception area. Highly recommend the Swedish meatball experience. The hostel is very clean (shoes-off policy). Overall, a very pleasant time at the hostel

• 8th Oct 2014

I was very impressed with this hostel. The dorm was nothing special but the kitchen was good and spotlessly clean. I thought the one fridge per dorm was a great idea. Checkout at 10am was a bit early but when I asked about storing my luggage, nothing was a bother, in fact I was still able to use the facilities. For me that was a great help because I was catching the 16:30 boat to Helsinki and I didn't want to be dragging my luggage around town. My only complaint would be the no linen.

Love this hostel. I have been returning and staying here fr the last 10 years. Made some great friends at City Backpackers.

Great location and walking distance to train and bus station. Cool hostel with options such as sauna, long boards, bikes etc. facilities were generally quite clean but there was a used condom on the floor under my bed so that took the rating down. Would recommend this place though.

• 7th Oct 2014

Amazing staff. Participated in the Swedish Meatball Experience, and it was definitely a highlight of my time in Sweden. Super expensive, but its Sweden, everything is expensive. Women's showers need locks on the doors. My girlfriend got walked in on while taking a shower.

Not a party hostel. Super organized, safe and clean. Great location and amazing building/facilities/atmosphere Top 3 hostels I've stayed around the world 5 *****

Everything was definitely great, congrats for all you achieved with such nice space. The only issue I would suggest is to improve the access to the luggage room. My 2 bags were super heavy and big and I had to carry them through a tiny stairs corridor :) worst then going down, is to go up the stairs, holding bags, trying not to fall and be able to release one hand to open the door hehehe. But hey, cool hostel, enjoyed a lot, keep up the good work. And great staff too.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Very close to the central train station.Staff are very friendly and helpful.Big outdoor patio and indoor common room.Unfortunately,the beds are saggy and creaky and upper bunks are stuffed underneath duct pipes.Overpriced,like everything else in Stockholm.

it is a really good hostel with great location in the city center. all attractions are accessible by foot so u can save a lot on transportations. i really love tue guest kitchen there, its big with enough room for meeting different travellers. also i love the private shower room.

Had a brilliant stay here! The hostel is great, the staff were very nice, and I met some wonderful people who I will hopefully be friends with for many years! The location is good as well and they have free Wi-Fi in the whole hostel! Plus enough WCs and showers. I had no problems finding a free shower or WC whenever I needed.

• 3rd Oct 2014