City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel was quite dirty all the time. Fridges were greasy and it was kind of a challenge to cook a proper meal without giving up by saying... "This is disgusting" Security was great. Atmosphere was low. The hostel area is quite a large room so atmosphere is hard to get. People sit far away from each other.

They offer a lot of great activities.

one of the best hostels i have stayed at

The backpacker hostel is really great. The common areas are huge and very nice. it's location is close to the center so that you can reach everything (center, gamla Stan, museums, free walking tour meeting point...) by walking. I'd recommend this hostel for everybody who wants to spent some days in helsinki and wants to get to know to other backpackers :-)

• 15th Jun 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. The free pasta they have is a pretty good idea! Loved in. The rooms we stayed in were very good felt more like a two bed bunk room rather than a 6 bed dorm!! Location was amazing, breakfast wasn't that great!! Besides that a very cool and unique hostels!! And the staff were amazing!! 😀

This hostel was a bit of a walk from the Old Town and the main sight-seeing areas of the city, but the facilities are outstanding. The beds were probably the most comfortable of any hostel I've stayed in.

This is a great hostel. Very clean, great kitchen and "living room" area. Computer access and great social scene and recommendations for sight-seeing activities around the city.

Good location and Atmosphere. The staff was great and the cleanliness excellent.I'd like to go back again

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Great stay at City Backpackers! Had a really nice time there. Excellent way to meet other young people, to cook, to hang out and much more. Staff is very helpful and nice. I'll come back :)

A great hostel. I'd definitely stay here again. The free pasta in the kitchen was very helpful.

I think it's ridiculous that they charge an extra 25kr each for bed linen, I've never come across any other hostel in the world that does this - surely this is the most basic amenity for a hostel to provide?!

Hello, I know a lot of people are surprised when they travel to Scandinavia, where many hostels charge for sheets. The reason for this is that laundry service among other things are a lot more expensive than in other countries. Therefor we have to charge extra, unless youbring your own sheets. The bright side of it is that in Scandinavia people can actually live on minimum wages.;) And we do our best to compensate with freebies, such as free internet, printing and pasta. Kindly, Ellinor, CB

This place is like a maze inside. it is a cool place but i found as a solo traveler there were too many spaces so you couldnt meet people properly. Security is by pin code which can be a little annoying but means u didnt need a key to get in. there were enough facilities around the place so that was good. close to the main shopping strip and food areas.

Brilliant welcome, great location but difficult to access if arriving by vehicle (motorcycle) eventually able to move bikes to parking space infront of the building. Rooms cramped and bunk beds small for older adults.

We enjoyed the free bike rentals. The hostel was quiet at night, and we slept well. The bathrooms and showers were all very clean. At breakfast, staff were crabby if you ordered anything besides the standard breakfast package. That made us feel like we should get breakfast someplace else.

This hostel is run incredibly well. The staff are always willing to help and they host daily activities that were a blast.

It is really modern hostel and the facilities are amazing and it is very clean also. The staff are okay

I absolutely loved this place, favorite hostel from my trip! It's so easy to meet people here and the facilities are very good. The staff are very friendly, at reception, the guy went way out of his way to tell me all about the city, give me a map, and show me all the cool places to go. It was a little pricey, for what I'm used to, but by Stockholm's standards it might be a bargain.

Thank you so much for being nice and kind host in Stockholm. Everything is provided, very impressive.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

One of the best hostels we have stayed at. Great kitchen facilities and common areas. Wifi was good and the atmosphere was great. You can join in the hostel pub crawl and events if you want to but there is more than enough space if you just want to chill out too!

• 6th Jun 2014

Amazing place, very nice and well suited. had a great stay :)

• 6th Jun 2014