City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

only a short walk from the train station. easy for solo travellers to meet others. my dorm was very spacious and the bathrooms were always clean. an all round decent hostel

best Hostel I have ever stayed in,great place great location. you need to stay here.

Great location, great atmosphere! The staff are very friendly. The lounging areas are also very nice with a free foosball table for you to play. The cafe is very lively, and the breakfast I would highly recommend. Good price for the value you're getting, especially in a city as expensive as Stockholm.

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. Hope you will come and visit us again. Kind regards Charmaine CBP

young crowded hostel in perfect location, a lot of rooms without windows, awfully noisy beds, good to meet other people

Thanks for the feedback. We are working right now on making sure the beds are not noisy. Glad you had fun meeting people here. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Everything was great here! Really nice building with a cool layout. Keypad codes changed daily [which was /slightly/ inconvenient for getting my luggage after a walk on checkout day, but no biggie]. Everyone very friendly. Very clean. Nice, big common room and upstairs café open all night. If you want to stay in a place where you can meet fellow travelers and chat, this is a great call. Centrally located. GET A CITY BIKE so you can really tour the city. ~$20 USD for 3 days. Eat smoked herring.

It is not a particularly good hostel, just an average one and actually quite expensive for the value you get. In fact, they should learn to give some directions to tourists. i) “How to get there” can be improved; ii) Mike: Users expect hosts to give you a more useful advice on seasonal changes of walking tours beyond your answer “look on the Internet”. You could make an effort to be more helpful…

Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself. There is a quite detailed explanation on our website on how to get to the hostel. That's strange that you mentioned about Mike because he usually always goes out of his way to give useful information. He's actually known as a chatterbox - meaning a passion for talking. We will take these notes on board. Cheers Charmaine CBP

Clean, secure with friendly staff. Charging extra for linen appeared unusual and added to the price, however this may be the norm for Sweden. Not many activities at the hostel, albeit this was early in the week.

Hostel was set up very nicely, had a good cafe with cheap (but excellent) breakfast. Good location.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast! We hope to see you again! Thanks, Charmaine CBP

Best hostel in stockholm .

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • brstsn
  • Turkey

Fantastic hostel- comfy beds, friendly staff, plenty of places to either read quietly or share a drink with others. As a Brit the free tea was particularly welcome :)

Thanks so much for your feedback! Welcome back anytime! Charmaine CBP

The hostel was very easy to find. The girl who checked me in was brilliant, very welcoming and polite. The hostel itself is very secure, clean and facilities are very good. I highly recommend.

Thanks so much for your review. I will pass on your compliments to the receptionist that checked you in. Happy travels! Welcome back anytime. Charmaine CBP

great hostel. Staff are so nice. Very relaxed atmosphere. SAUNA!!! Worth paying the extra couple of pounds for an amazing hostel.

I'm so glad that you checked out our Sauna! Wonderful!. Some people decide to miss this out but it's a pretty awesome experience if you've never tried one back home. Welcome back anytime! Kind regards, Charmaine CBP

Very safe and clean hostel with a nice atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

very good vibe, the lobby is a great place to hang out and the free tea/coffee makes it easy to chill and get to know other random travelers

Just crashed there for a night. Staff was superfriendly, helped me to get a bottom bunk and told me about good places for Food. Good shower incl. hairdryer. Computers for guests and good wifi. I would stay here again.

This was my very first hostel back in October of 2012. Since then I have stayed in many hostels so I definitely noticed some cracks in this one. The Wi-FI is TERRIBLE. This is 2015. Wi-Fi should be quick and available in all parts of the hostel. It is slow, if you can get it to work. Inexcusable. At least ONE shelf in the bathrooms. Where do you expect us to put our soap and shampoo. Staff is competent but dour. It reminds me of the service in the former USSR.

• 30th Aug 2015

Oh dear! Sad to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. If you are comparing us to the former USSR, then we must be doing something wrong. I don't think we are quite as bad as that. But thank you for your honesty and I will definitely follow this up with our staff. We are always trying to improve our services, so I hope you must have seen some improvements since you were here the last time in 2012, because there has been many renovations and new improvements. Kindly Charmaine CBP

Very helpful and funny staff at the reception and at the cafe. Very good structure, but the building looked like a labyrinth to me, with so many rooms and corridors, haha. There could be events to make people socialize - the only place in which I saw some interaction was the kitchen. Good dorm, breakfast (extra fee), showers and so on, except for the wifi, that didn't work well all the time.

Good place to stay. Had an ensuite and it was clean and tidy.i feel very safe staying there

• 29th Aug 2015

This hostel is decent, nothing particularly special. Good security and in a good part of town. Atmosphere is hit or miss but the facilities make it easy to meet people. Stockholm is just really expensive but I'd stay there again

Nice to hear that you enjoyed the hostel and that you would stay here again! Kind regards Charmaine CBP

Very friendly and sociable hostel, with great outdoor space for meeting people, and great kitchen facilities. Nice laid back atmosphere where there's music instead of TVs, I liked that. Good mix of people too, I'm a bit older than the average backpacker but I felt very comfortable here.

We are glad to hear that you felt very comfortable here. We love the good mix of people too here and give everyone a chance to interact in our meeting areas. We hope you'll come and visit us again! Kind regards Charmaine CBP