City Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Upplandsgatan 2a, 11123, Stockholm, Sweden

RECOMMENDED! Great location, just a five minute walk from central station so you can easily get anywhere in Stockholm. Hostel itself is great… good vibe, with a great outdoor space for meeting other travellers and hanging out. I stayed in a twelve bed dorm which was much bigger and spacious than I have stayed in in the past, even had a little sofa area which was nice. One poor point of the room was the door closed quick loudly, but that may just have been because my bed was next to the door.

This is the best hostel I've stayed at in Scandinavia. I liked the interior decorations a lot. The room was ample sized, and they have an outdoor patio area, too.

We were very happy! Nice atmosphere, a lot of friendly cool people, very good location, good staff!

Good located, very good atmosphere, clean & perfect service. I definitely recommand it!

• 10th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel.

• 9th Jul 2014

about 7 minutes walk from the train station, lots of things to do in the hostel, easy to meet new friends, there are activities most days/nights, if i went bakc i would stay at this hostel

Great location walking distance from the main bus station, there was a lot of nice common areas and a good atmosphere to meet people. Thumbs up

This place was insanely good compared with other hostels. The perfect hostel if any could be perfect. So easy to make friends here, great atmosphere. Most other hostels were very dim but this was well lit. Large cooking area and lots of space even in 8 people rooms. Would definitely recommend.

Hi, great to hear it is easy to make new friends here, that is exactly what we want. We hope that the tours, the activities, the common kitchen and lounge areas helps in achieving this. Welcome back! /Ellinor

Absolutely loved staying at city Backpackers! Due to all the common areas it is really easy to get in contact with new people. Also enjoyed participating in one of the arranged tours (Kayak tour - which was awesome!). Great Hostel! Made my days in Stockholm perfect! Love it!!

One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in during my 5 week trip! I love the "no shoes" policy- it feels very homey. I made a ton of friends in my two nights there (I was traveling alone) and had a great time. I also highly recommend the cooking classes they offer-- the one I did was a little pricey but a great way to meet new friends, build community, and learn how to make a traditional Swedish meal.

I loved staying here, close to the city centre, once you finds it, everywhere else fall into place, and is easy to get back to. The atmosphere is the hostel is really good, I got along with my room mates, the common room, when you had a few people there, was great craic, the outside drinking area was really good too. This hostel uses a code for the entrance door and another for the room you stay in, once you get used to it, it's fine, If I'm coming back to Sweden, I would definitely stay here!

Very nice Hostel with lots of things going on. Great place to meet people.

This was a really great hostel! Axel checked us in and he was so genuinely friendly that we felt welcome straight away. We also did his Swedish cooking class which was a really fun learning experience.The hostel is very secure and the facilities are clean, the breakfast isn't free, but good value for the low price. My only comment would be that the female showers are just cubicles with curtains so you have to dress in the main area, and the door opens straight out to the corridor for all to see!

The place was great but the shower room can be a bit better.

Hello and thank you for the input. We have a newly opened section with private showers that I am afraid you missed when you stayed here. Next time around, make sure we show you where they are. Welcome back! /Ellinor CBP

Awesome place, I really enjoyed staying in here.

Very nice and modern hostel, well located close to main train station and hostel staff were helpful and friendly.

One of the best hostels I stayed at so far Great atmosphere!

We really liked this hostel. It's really comfortable, clean and friendly. It felt like home from home. The kitchen was well equipped and spacious and the no shoe policy ensured the floors remained clean and worked really well.

Since my stay was short I was looking for a convenient place to stay in a good location with working wifi. I found this hostel fulfilled all that but after reading the reviews on hostelworld I would maybe have expected more. The female dorm was quite basic in the end, I've seen better at the same price. I really appreciated the recently remade private showers though, hairdryers are available too. The kitchen seemed well-equipped and well organized as well. Cozy reception area and patio!