City Center Backpackers Hostel Reviews

41-A, HongKong Street, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

The location is perfect. but the hostel is less maintained and the atmosphere is just average. The toilet is not so clean as other hostels and I saw there are dusts on the wall near I slept. Have to do more on housekeeping!

This hostel has great location. However, the place are quite dirty and less maintained. i saw some dust on the wall from where I slept. They must do more of housekeeping!

The staff was nice but still they tried to rip me off. I booked for a 6 mixed room and they put me in a 14 one for the same price. I had to asked them to refund me the difference and insist to get it! The location is nevertheless excellent but I have to say something about the cleanliness. In the room there were mold on the wall until my mattress height!! The bathroom are very dirty and the AC is blowing unclean air!

dirty everywhere, smells like pee all the time, mould in the room, poor service, owner does not care i dont know how to let a hostel become so... WLAN has serious issues. Internet is really slow. location is close to the MTR (3 to 5 mins walk). across the street 7/11. no breakfast. better book another hostel, AC is not working properly, on bed and one broken cupboard in a really really really small room

• 14th Feb 2014

NASTY! Avoid at all cost. - Disgusting "facilities" - Doubtful that sheets, pillows, or linens are being washed - Definitely no regular cleaning - Zero security, no front door, anyone can walk in and access the hostel. Security cameras aren't being recorded - WAY too expensive for what is provided - Unfriendly staff I've never written a review, positive or negative, but I feel that I MUST say something about this sh*t hole. Singapore standards are much higher than this...

• 13th Feb 2014