City Center Hostel Lisbon Reviews

Rua Augusta 184, 1 Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Especially helpful staff and a very central location. An excellent stay overall.

• 11th Jul 2014

This hostel is located right where the action is at for a VERY affordable price. The entrance is through a souvenir shop, there are no locks on the doors and staff is largely busy and inattentive, so make sure your belongings are secure! Though they have a closet you can store your valuables, I wouldn't... They leave it open/with the key in the lock most of the day. Two bathrooms (two showers) in the whole facility, so you need to be strategic. Great location, good value, I'd stay again!

We were not that happy with the hostel. Location in Rua Augusta is really great to explore the town. On the other hand it's impossible to try to get some sleep before midnight because of the noise. Facilities are ok, but 6 bed dorm is really tiny and bathroom was flooding. But the worst thing about the hostel was security. There is no lock in front door, no in dorm rooms and no lockers at all. Anyone can walk in to the hostel and staff will not propably even notice it.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Finland

amazing location, right in the centre of Lisbon! nice and clean rooms. unfortunately the girl at the reception wasn't very helpful when we arrived, maybe she was new.. the next day we got luckier with another staff member. recommendable because it's a good, cheap and central hostel!

Location was great but staff was kind of snobby. There are only two bathrooms in the whole hostel.

This is a nice little hostel right in the center of Lisbon. If you look for a place to stay, simple and cool then go for it!

Hands down the worst hostel I have ever seen. It smelt like urine in every room and everything was dirty. Lacks any security, no keys or anything. We stayed for one night then had to leave, cause it was unsafe and dirty, went to another hostel that was 10 € more and was like a 5 star hotel. Would not recommend. Ever.

The rooms were way to cramped. The needed to hold down a button the entire time of your shower which made it very challenging. Lockers were not provided, however they offered to hold some valuables upon request. The hostel should have an age limit.

Very helpful staff

• 8th May 2014

Amazing location, very clean hostel, we really enjoyed our stay, although the staff is not over-friendly and the rooms are quite small. But the free breakfast is definitely worth it: croque-monsieur and pancakes, yay!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Frightening lack of security (though no problems). Bathroom would flood and be hairy, with inconsistent water temps. However the ham and cheese toaster for breakfast was fabulous.

• 15th Apr 2014

Very cheap, so we didn't expect to much. However the staff created a somewhat strange atmosphere as they told us we could use the kitchen but made as feel the opposite.

This is a very nice hostel in the middle of the city center that is clean and modern. It has nothing big but everything you need, the staff is very friendly and has a lot of tips to visit if you ask them. Watch out though with security, my ipod got stolen from my backpack by a person who just walked in, pretended to be a guest and slept in a bed in our shared bedroom.

Supercentral hostel right in the city center of Lisbon. Very clean and cosy, staff is very friendly and helpful.

The Hostel is right in the shopping street and one of the main streets in Lisbon (pedestrian area). One of the receptionist was super nice and caring and even offered me cake and stuff :) - thank you again! You didn't get a key for ur room, but there were lockers inside the rooms with seperate keys. The kitchen and common area is a bit small and it's a bit hard to meet the other guests but still I had a good and pleasent stay here and would definitely recommend it!

I truly enjoyed my stay at the calm City Center Hostel. This is not a typical party hostel, I came here for a good nights sleep and that is what I got =) The staff that I had the opportunity to meet were all very sweet, friendly and helpfull. Also the staff working in the small tourist shop in the entrance allways put a smile on your face. This is the hostel I definitly will come back to if I visit Lisbon again! Emma from Sweden

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Sweden

This is my very first hostel so I can't really compare it to any others but I had a good time while I stayed here. I was only in this hostel to sleep because most of the day I was out in the city. The breakfast was good and the hostel was clean and in great condition. No complaints here.