City Center Hostel Lisbon Reviews

Rua Augusta 184, 1 Floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Nice place. Good staff. Small hostel. Cramped room with many beds. Luckily quiete guests. Construction still going on, so they did pretty good. People using the kitchen to brush teeths are too much for me. But I will come back.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Stay here if you can't find anywhere else

• 8th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

great location. comfortable private double room, although facilities are a bit old. overall great stay.

The loc. is really very good and staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Unforth. I was not given a key, so I was dependent on the receptionist to open me the main door every time I wanted to enter. When U go out, she gets no sleep. There were no lockers, relaxation impossible. There were homeless? people laying in the corridors. Beds were rather short but with duvets. Cleanliness was nice, but there was a cockroach in the bathroom. Wifi defect. I'd rather charge more and lift the standard.

There are a lot of things in the hostel that need improvement like security (no locks for rooms, no lockers), wifi, payment method, shower but I still enjoyed my stay a lot. The staff is really nice and friendly and the location is great. There was a good atmosphere in the hostel and I never felt unsafe. Also it's one of the cheapest in the area!

The security doesn't exist.

• 8th Apr 2015

8 person in one room, not enaugh WC and dush, ...., price is 2/3 of a hotel-room (***)cost . It is a very poor hostel in the city center.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Hungary

The staff spoke terrible english and had no idea about the city. They were unhelpful when needing to use the internet even though it clearly says on the website that there is a computer to use.

Very friendly staff, and good value

It has a great location. It stays on a very famous road, which means there's always people, normally turist, and it's very safe until late. Nice people.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

The only good thing about this hostel is the location...I would only stay here if you are REALLY strapped for cash and only for 1 night! I stayed in the 6 bed dorm, it was so small and cramped, prison cells appear to have more room...Bathrooms were dirty and smelled of urine...The lady at the front desk was very unfriendly and unhelpful...I was so displeased with my stay, that I went to another hostel before my check out day!!!!