City Center Hostel Reviews

Sofiivska Str. Nr 2, apt. Nr 10, Kiev, Ukraine

Nice place, remember to bring cash when you pay - the credit card machine is almost always wonky. Safe, good staff, great location!

• 22nd Jun 2014

This is a horrible hostel. When we had arrived, they had told us that unfortunately they had not free room for us. We have answered that we had confirmed booked room. After that have been shown to us 3 different hostels far from this hostel, but the atmosphere and the cleanliness have been very low. In my opinion it was very very unfair.I will never recommend this hostel for nobody!!! And I want get back my deposit. And please delete this hostel from the website of the hostelworld.

I've stayed in better hostels however this one was cheap. The location is great. I encounted 2 staff memebrs, one was unmotivated and also didn't speak English, however the other one seemed very professional. You may have heard of troubled times recently in Kiev, please do not let this put you of visiting this city. Dispite my average experience at the hostel this time I would still recommend it.

good: perfect location, price, 24h reception, free towel bad: - broken lockers - broken internet - broken showers - one shower door can't be closed - no toilet paper - no common room, just a corridor Overall, cool hostel but lacking compared to some others in Kyiv

I stayed only one day in this hostel and I can say that when I return to Kiev again, I will definitely book a place here! The hostel is in the centre of Kiev and the view from the balcony is superb! The staff was really friendly and ready to help. You have a late check out and an early check in that I didn't find in other hostels. My room was clean and there was 4-5 places where to have a shower. Definitely a place to go when you stay in Kiev.

I stayed at the hostel for about two weeks in a private room and I have only positive experiences. Nice and helpfull staff and a cheap room. Sure, the bathroom and the shower were perhaps not "perfect" if you are a clean-freak, but you get what you pay for. If you want it perfect, pay extra and go to a hotel.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Sweden

It was a good value for money.

Cheap hostel with the windows straight on main city squrae: you'll need to look pretty hard to find accomodation in this area for such a price. Nothing really special except that.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Ukraine

Very helpful staff. Amazing position. Private room had no window, very very small, a little bit stinky and not possible to be closed from inside.