City Centre Hostel - Kingsview

Good 103 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
9th Mar 2017
3.1

Pictures are not accurate. They are apparently for a different guesthouse not the one advertised. One of the dirtiest hostels I've stayed in, mould all over bathroom tiles, broken taps, broken fan. matresses are worn - springs stick in your back. Staff don't seem to care about this too much, mostly work for accom. More like a student house than a guest house. Maintenance is non-existent. This place should be closed down. Never again.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
3rd Mar 2017
4.3

The location is great. The rooms' didn't feel so clean, the carpet felt extremely dirty. Also, one of the staff member just used his key to barge into our room to take out the garbage ,without knocking to check if we were occupied. I found it very rude, I don't think I will go back. The other members of the staff were very nice but we had to ask for a portable heater the first night we were freezing. The heat isn't very effective, there was always a distinct smell everytime from the kitchen.

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Great staff and location. Private toilet and shower was a huge selling point.

• USA, Male, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017
5.4

Very mediocre in every way. Did not use kitchen or hang out in common room. Only used triple room for two nights. Mattresses were thin, old and not comfortable.

• France, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Dec 2016
4.9

The bed fell down when I just sat. Mattress and pillow was very bad. Can feel the spring on the mattress. The upper deck beds were almost falling down as well. The ensuites are very tiny and not clean.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Dec 2016

Good hostel for the price! Really cheap, lovely staff and really nice people staying whilst I was there. People seemed to keep to themselves. The timer showers were a bit bad, you have to consistently hold a button to get the water which made it a bit difficult to get clean.

• England, Couple, 25-30
2nd Dec 2016
2.0

Booked to stay here for 2 nights but our experience the first night was so bad that we left after the first morning. Loud guests running up and down the stairs and banging on the doors. When I complained the next morning, the staff were unable to give me a refund for the second night and I was directed to talk to someone in Canada who would arrange the refund. It's two months later and after multiple emails, I'm still awaiting any kind of response, let alone a refund.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

Friendly staff, could leaves bags there before checkin. Beds really uncomfortable and shower took ages to get hot. Nice large room

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016

I enjoyed my time at this hostel! The staff and 'regular' backpackers were really cool and welcoming! The bathroom did need to be cleaned more often. We were there for 4 nights and the shower wasn't cleaned once. It was also outrageously cold! But the atmosphere made up for all that! It is a bit of a walk from the city center but its a nice walk and it lets you see the city! There's a grocery store around the corner and a nice cafe to stop in at when walking to the city center.

• Italy, All Male Group, 25-30
12th Nov 2016
4.0

We pay for a Deluxe Room and what we get was awful. bathroom was not clean at all with some residue of previous user in the toilet!!! Mattresses awful, I could feel every single spring of the mattress stuck in my back. 1 socket working for a room for 4 people is not acceptable. Very disappointing. Location great but the environment and cleanliness very very bad I do not recommend at all