City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Nice location. The hostel itself is something of a work of art with beautiful decoration and furniture. Rooms, bathrooms and communal areas were always clean; even my bed was remade each day. The free breakfast was the usual mix of bread, jam, cereal, fruit etc. but good quality. One member of staff was spectacularly unhelpful - "No I don't know how to get to xx, why don't you Google it?" (!!). The others were nice enough but the whole place could have been more welcoming and friendly.

Fantastic place! Cleanest I've seen in my travels! Breakfast was great! Staff was helpful! It Wasn't the most social hostel I've been in. But it was a nice break from some of the party spots I've been to! Very good location to the metro that gets you to Piraeus for island trips!

The staff was extremely helpful and patient, especially giving directions. Fun activities encouraging interactions. Very clean. Nice patio on the top floor with a good view.

• 28th Sep 2015

Well located, nice breakfast, good "restaurant" for snacks/sandwiches/salads and beverages and modern decoration. The negatives points were: towel should be paid(although the linen was included) and lugagges stored must be paid also(even just 1 euro each one).

Love City Circus Athens hostel! Super comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, under bed lockers, great location, and excellent breakfast included for free! It is quite pricey but you're guaranteed a good night's sleep and a nice chilled out atmosphere.

Very clean and modern hostel right in the center of the party scene! Great spot but as on would imagine, the noise from the street can be a bit much at times.

Probably one of the absolute best hostels I have ever stayed at. I highly recommend!

We loved this place. It is in the best spot in the city for travelers. You actually get to see a real side of athens and avoid the tourist experience. The facility is so lovely, I wanted every single piece of furniture from all of the common rooms. Staff are so helpful about things to do around the city and they really try and create a great atmosphere at the hostel.

Dear Bryanne, thank you so much for your nice words! We are really happy you enjoyed your stay here and hopefully see you around again. And hands off from our furniture, we love it too! Your City Circus

I stayed for 2 nights over separate weeks at the City Circus and absolutely loved my stay! It's a gem of a hostel situated in the heart of Athens. Very clean, very high quality, delicious breakfast, lovely staff, incredibly comfortable mattresses, super clean and soft sheets and towels... the list goes on. This hostel is hotel quality! One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Wonderful hostel, extremely clean, very social! The beds were incredibly comfortable. So happy with my stay, will definitely recommend!

Room in the old wing was disappointing. Air con was not working well and capped at 25 degrees. Toilet was small and hot water was not working. Had to ask another to their shower. Disappointed..

Excellent hostel, second time to stay here both times could not fault it in anyway. Great breakfast, great staff, very comfortable beds with great air conditioning.

This was my second time staying at the City Circus. Even though I booked a six bed dorm for both stays, the dorm room I was in this time was quite a bit smaller than the last and my suitcase wouldn't fit in the locker. So be aware that room and lockers sizes do differ. However, the en-suite bathroom was large and the shower was hot with good water pressure. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly. Would stay here again.

Security at the hostel was very good. Thought it a little strange to charge to store luggage for the day. Cheaper hostels let you leave your stuff for free and it Costs the hostel nothing. Location is excellent, so many cute little shops in a Camden type area.loved it! So close to the acropolis as well. I think the hostel is more style over substance. The atmosphere was lacking a little. Very pretty place to stay if you have the money

This place is beautifully furnished in a 60s/70s vibe, it is also very clean, and has great comfortable beds that are made out of wood so very quiet. It has an amazing view of the Acropolis on the rooftop terrace and is located in Psirri, which is a beautiful artsy neighbourhood. It isn't directly in the main square, which means it's quiet but only one minute walk from the main square in Psirri. Definitely recommend!

Great location! Walking distance to the main attractions!

Air con was not working properly in the old wing . stayed again in the new wing and everything was perfect. Big room, clean, and excellent free breakfast.

The best hostel ive ever been!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in for AGES! Great room, comfortable beds, great fresh breakfast am staying here again next week when I am back in Athens. Would definitely recommend.

Wifi isn't great- drops out and doesn't always work. Location is close to the bus and main hub which is awesome though!!!

Dear Allana, thank you for your comment. We are really sorry to hear that you experienced such issues with our wi-fi. We just wish you would find a minute and mention this to our reception so we could inspect what was going on. However I hope you enjoyed your stay here and hopefully see you at City Circus some other time in the future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7