9.2
Superb 1,377 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 1,377 Total Reviews
City Circus Athens Located at 16 Sarri street, , Athens.
Greece
Athens Athens 10553 16 Sarri street
92% 1377
37.9795892 23.7233877
    Rooms available

28th Apr 2016

This hostel was absolutely amazing! First of all the beds are SO COMFORTABLE. I joked all week about commuting from the City Circus Hostel to my school (in Paris) just so I could sleep in the beds (yes they are really that good). Also the breakfast for 5 euro was very good with eggs, cereals, fresh fruit salad, etc. Everything was perfectly clean and the atmosphere was comfortable! This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in in all of Europe. They dont have 5 star hostel rating for nothing!

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
27th Apr 2016

Nice staff, safe, and very clean. Less than 5 mins walking to restaurants, bars. The bed was very comfortable. There is also a rooftop where you can hang out and see the Acropolis at night. One thing was that it was a bit noisy- I could hear all the cars and people walking by the hostel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

Great hostel! Really easy to find from wherever you're staying and really close to all the main things you would probably want to do whilst in Athens. Only annoying thing was that there are no individual lights at the beds and you need to use your key for the electricity to work. So people would have to switch big lights on constantly through the night. Otherwise it was a great modern and clean hostel!

24th Apr 2016

As study abroad students on a budget, City Circus Athens was a great find. The location can't be beat and our room was tidy and perfect for what we needed. We would recommend to students traveling. The rooftop terrace is a bonus, too!

23rd Apr 2016

These guys are the BOMB!!! Not only is it right in the center of all the action but the staff are so efficient and helpful. The place is spotless, theres a great restaurant next door. I can't say enough great things about this place. Every question I had was answered, every issue dealt with... if only all hostels could be this comfortable.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
19th Apr 2016
6.9

The hostel is very nice, its clean, well situated but I truly think that it lacks a feeling of what a hostel is about. There are no communal food facilities, you cant even boil water. There was only one nice female staff member, the rest were a little moody. The hostel is attached to a hipster restaurant downstairs with which you eat a paid breakfast etc. The staff in there for the most part aren't iinterested in assisted anyone from the hostel were normally very surly.

• Australia, Male, 41+
18th Apr 2016

This is a no brainer. In my opinion this is undoubtedly one I the best hostels I've stayed in. Much work, sweat and tears has been invested into creating this hostel which is located just moments away from Monastiraki station. Everything was pleasant , from the breakfast to the helpful staff. I highly recommended this hostel. Many thanks to the City Circus family! Steve

Ah Steve! This is undoubtedly one of the most motivating reviews hotel staff can get! We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you'll consider a possible return to Greece and City Circus, we'll be happy to have you around again. City Circus

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Apr 2016

Awesome hostel! Lots of cool common areas and very helpful staff. The dorm room was clean and comfy and the shared toilet was the nicest smelling toilet ever! The €5 breakfast was yum. Definitely recommend.

Hello there, We are really happy for your olfactory receptors!!! Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you here again soon! City Circus

• jogarey
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2016

I had a fabulous time at City Circus! It's located really well with plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafés within 5-10mins walk and the main attractions are all within walking distance. My only complaint is that the top bunks had no charging facilities or an area next to the bed to put your things as I've had in all other hostels I've stayed in. Other than that, my stay was great. And the staff are really friendly and go out of their way to help.

Dear Guest, thank you for your nice review, we are glad to hear that you had a great time with us! As of your suggestion, we are working on it, thank you for reminding us that we should speed up and finish it soon. Thanks again and we'll be more than happy to welcoming you to our hostel again! City Circus

15th Apr 2016
7.4

Nice place but not for solo backpacker on a budget. More upscale than average hostel. Very clean rooms, with separate shower and toilet. Water temperature of shower unstable and goes from hot to cold without touching tap. Beds have duvet covers. Not much hostel-like atmosphere, no regular city tour, events are few and more upscale (wine tasting) and seem to be outsourced. Nice restaurant, reasonable price for the meal but a bit expensive for budget backpacker. Area a bit run down but seems safe.