City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

I stayed at City circus for 5 nights in total in my time in Greece. It is a very comfortable and nice hostel, mostly friendly staff, very clean. Wifi works well, lockers secure. The best thing is the yummy breakfast! Rooms are a little small but hostel has some nice facilities including a great rooftop terrace with a view of the Acropolis. It's nice to be in the area of Psiri- lots of street art as you wander around.

Great place to stay. About 20 min walk from the Acropolis/ Parthenon. Very easy to meet people for me (I stayed in a 4 bed dorm ensuite). No bar on the roof, but there is a terrace with an awesome view of the Acropolis lit up on a hill at night. Breakfast was standard plus a fruit salad.

Fantastic rooftop views so you can sit and chill out

This is a great place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff! We would definitely stay there again and recommend this hostel to our friends!

Very good location. The room was excellent, with air conditioner. And the breakfast was delicious. It was awesome!

Rooms were great, very clean. Gentleman at front office booked a taxi for us at 2am to the airport, everything was smoothly and he was very helpful.

Not being able to control the air con temp would be my only complaint. As there was not fan in our ensuite it would be nice to readjust the room temp to for a few minutes to help cool down post shower.

Very spacious; very clean; in an excellent neighborhood, although the winding streets can make it a bit difficult to find the first time around

• 16th Aug 2015

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. I cannot fault it. I hope that everyone who journeys to Athens has the pleasure of staying at City Circus, I will be recommending it to anyone and everyone who is travelling!

I stayed here for two nights and absolutely loved the place! Will definitely go back and recommend to all my friends!

The location can't be beat! So close to a charming square with great restaurants and the metro.The staff was helpful- particularly Tony and Maria, who were awesome. Good breakfast (greek yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, cheeses, hard boiled eggs) in the spacious, buzzing community room. We also loved the offer of games - after lots of sight seeing, it was nice to chill out and play cards with beer among the other travellers. The roof deck with a view of the acropolis was the icing on the cake.

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It's location is great, close to the main cheap eating district and train station plus Acropolis. The rooms are spacious and really tidy, modern and the staff were really helpful with directions, baggage holds and laundry etc. The free breaky was awesome too and the wifi worked well in every room! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

This place is fantastic. Sparkling facilities, clean, centrally located etc. There wasn't much intereraction between guests. The free breakfast was excellent. This place is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The only downside was that it's down a pretty bleak street. Athens didn't leave a great impression on me. This is a wonderful place

Amazing location within a district full of street art, centrally located. Hostel is clean, well secured and staff are willing to help.

The directions to this hostel are wrong and incomplete. We spent 3 hours getting there from the port and we weren't given a map or directions when we checked in. It wasn't clear how to access the rooftop garden. Staff was good and the key card access system was excellent. It appeared to have a good vibe and the breakfast was plain but had the basics. Rooms cleaned daily. Wifi is excellent. Wished we could have seen the rooftop but we ran out of time in the end. The area is good too.

Excellent hostel with a great atmosphere.

One of the best hostels around in Europe. Good breakfast, good facilities, and good vibes. They're a little strict on rules (ex. no hanging out in public spaces after 11:30pm) but perhaps for a good reason. Location is great, with its proximity to all the bars and restaurants in Psiri. Ten minute walk to Monastriki station.

City Circus Athens is a very nice hostel and the coolest part is that it's within walking distance of pretty much anything you will want to see. That being said, it's sort of located in a run down part of town although much of Athens consists of abandoned deteriorating buildings covered in graffiti. Also, very thin walls you can hear when anyone comes home. After that everything else is pretty solid and I would still recommend and likely stay again.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The location is excellent. Facilities are clean and modern. The free breakfast is great too. Comfortable beds. A bit pricey but highly recommend!

City circus is perfect , it's clean , safe and secure! I couldn't recommend it any more if you are staying in Athens stay here , it's close to everything :)

• 7th Aug 2015