City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

An absolutely fantastic experience: Great location, clear rooms, good common areas, and most importantly, incredible staff. Friendly, helpful, and welcoming, they truly make staying here feel like home. I cannot recommend City Circus Athens enough.

it's simply the best hostel i've ever stayed!

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. Everyone there is incredibly friendly and helpful and the facilities are amazingly clean and well taken care of. There are also activities every night so there's always something to do. I will definitely stay here any time that I'm in Athens in the future.

I have never seen staffs so friendly like those! You we will feel feel part of a big family!!

Very easy trip with City Circus. They definitely promote the fun, youth hostel culture to get people to interact (bar downstairs with socials, games, etc.). Very good about security. Not too far of a walk to get to the Plaka square or Parthenon. I'd recommend to people on an adventure or wanted to meet others.

After staying at a nightmare of a hostel in Athens, this place was like heaven. Beds were big and comfy, good location, staff was very helpful, and breakfast was excellent. Although, I do feel it was a bit overpriced compared to the other hostels available.

Close to two metros, really nice new interior. The rooms were big and clean. Walking distance to the acropolis and amazing view at night from rooftop. Only downfall was they overbooked our room and the night receptionist was really rude like it was our fault and woke up our whole room at midnight. Not a party hostel.

Excellent hostel, and the staff were great. Really couldn't fault it!

Fantastic hostel, awesome staff and a relaxed chilled out vibe. Maybe aimed at older backpackers which suited me. Comfortable beds, really clean and located in a fantastic area. Maybe one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!

Overall nice place

Big high quality hostel at a perfect location. The roof top terrace is perfect. Because it's such a big hostel it sometimes lacks atmosphere. The hostel is also very clean. They clean your own bed daily.

great hostel! One of the best hostels I've ever been to. One and only disadvantage: a bit pricy, but worth the money...

I was quite disappointed with this hostel. It was decorated well but it is not very clean. In most places in Athens, you cannot flush toilet paper into the toilet so dirty paper needs to put into a waste basket. The waste basket in our room was always overflowing. The shower was dirty and I have no confidence that it was cleaned every day because I stayed for 3 nights and for each of those nights the same dead mosquito was squished on the back of the bathroom door.

Great location, very close to the main historic attractions in Athens (walking distance to Acropolis, etc.). Sell craft beers from Athens, and have a rooftop terrace where you can see the entire city. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. One of the best hostels I've been to in terms of total value, no complaints!

Conveniently located. Breakfast was quite decent with tasty greek yogurt. The staff was a bit cold but it might be my personal impression.

Excellent hostel, clean and well kept. Modern and stylish, located in a quiet street but very close to the action of Monastiraki area. Only 6min walking to Monastiraki metro, with direct and easy access to both Airport (8 euro) and Piraeus Port (1.20 Euro). Minutes away from countless restaurants, bars, shops and very close to the Acropolis. I slept in the 4-bed room with ensuite, bathroom was very clean and size of room adequate. A great place to stay in the heart of Athens! Highly recommended!

beautiful building and location, beds really comfortable - basic hostel amenities like individual lights/plug sockets would be the only thing to improve it. would defo stay again.

comfortable beds excellent breakfast thoroughly enjoyed my stay

There is no reason to consider staying anywhere else in Athens, unless you're on a tight budget. The breakfast spread is fantastic. The kitchen sells good food and drinks for cheap all day and night. The atmosphere is completely chill, with a cool commons area. They have free wine socials, Greek cooking classes, Athens tours, etc. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean. Great location, next to a cool strip of restaurants and bars, quick walk to Monastiraki. Do yourself a favor; stay here.

The best hostel I ever stay

• 22nd Sep 2014