City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Best hostel I've been to. Very clean, great location. Bargain

Greeeeat place to stay. Close to all main attractions, with an amazing view of the Acropolis. Nice breakfast and caring staff. We loved the loundry service! Definitely would stay again and recomend.

Hey, this was the best hostel-experience ever!!! Cool design, super comfy bed (so far that we were even speaking about it by an yummy breakfast with another visitors;)...top clean. I enjoyed this stay soo much! The location is awesome - in heart of hipsta quarter and really nearby historical sigtseeing, too, no need to use public transport (but close to metro, if needed). And the view from teracce is just beautiful! Staff was amazing too - kind and helpful. Wanna stay longer or come again:-)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

A very good hostel with everything you will need. Safe, great dorms, helpful staff, good location right next to the nightlife. Unfortunately, the hostel was devoid of any communal atmosphere with almost everyone keeping to themselves. However, this isn't the hostel's fault so I cannot complain too much. All in all, a pleasurable stay.

Really nice hostel. You should just precise that there're lockers in the bedroom but that we need to bring our own padlock.

It was an amazing first time experience. I had never stayed in a Hostel before and I dare not to expect many things from hostel. As it turned out, I really enjoyed staying in City Circus. The hostel has a good security system. The location is good, very close to Monastiraki metro station. The staff was very helpful, even prior to arrival. It has good atmosphere, very clean. Locker inside the room is good, and the view from top terrace is great. And definitely a good value for money.

City Circus was THE best hostel that I have ever stayed in! The atmosphere of the whole place was wonderful and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Location was perfect and super close to everything that I needed or wanted to get to in Athens. I can definitely recommend staying at City Circus for any type of traveller coming to Athens.

• 6th Apr 2014

Reception and cleaning staff are fantastic! Very easy going and willing to help whenever I needed. Reception staff made brilliant recommendations on where to go eat. The environment in the hostel is amazing and the view do the Acropolis from the roof is breathtaking.

Simply perfect! :D

Of all the places I've stayed on my trip this was the best. I'd recommend it to anyone and the roof terrace view was just fantastic.

• 1st Apr 2014

Fantastic hostel!

Great hostel. Breakfast excellent.

We had really a great stay at City Circus, beds are really comfy, the staff is friendly and helpful and last but not least the breakfast with the greek yoghurt and fresh fruit really delicious

We were pleasantly surprised with this hostel great clean room, good section for breakfast, good quality facilities including wifi and friendly staff. Although the wooden floors and staircase are lovely they are quite noisy if your fellow travellers are not light footed or come in the early hours of the morning. But the view of the acropolis from the roof top garden is amazing. Would recommend it to others

Great location to see all the sites. All staff were very friendly and helpful and hostel was excellent value for money - would recommend to anyone !

Fantastic hostel located close to most of what Athens has to offer. The staff is friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is actually worth eating.

This hostel was extremely clean and comfortable, more like a hotel than a hostel. A little bit far away from certain sights, but worth the walk. Can't beat the view from the roof!

We stayed here for four nights and it was a fantastic hostel. Great staff, super clean and nice rooms. The roof top terrace was definitely the best feature. All in all an amazing hostel I will certainly stay at in future.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Norway

this hostel is more like a design/boutique hotel equipped with dorms: beds are done every morning, key cards and a stiff personnel. (i wish they were more outgoing.) the roof top terrace with a view of the acropolis is incredibly amazing and breathtaking!!! i'd stay there again just for the view. (side note: i found a bit weird that on the one hand breakfast was included but on the other hand you had to pay for luggage storage.)

The hostel is located in a central area not far from the acropolis. The staff is very friendly and helpful all the time. You'll have a feeling that you're staying in a hotel with the hostel atmosphere and prices. I liked it a lot and would definitely come back when there's another time in Athens. I also recommend the free walking tour which the hostel advertises. You'll get lots of background information while listening to funny stories of the history of Athens.