City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

I have stayed in dozens of hostels and this is definitely one of the best! It's a wonderful atmosphere with daily activities including cooking classes, movie nights, walking tours, all of which were great. A great place to meet other travelers. It was very clean and well kept and the beds were so comfy. My only wish is that they had more outlets in the dorms and that they had a community fridge somewhere since I usually had leftovers. But other than that, it was simply perfect!

An absolutely fantastic experience: Great location, clear rooms, good common areas, and most importantly, incredible staff. Friendly, helpful, and welcoming, they truly make staying here feel like home. I cannot recommend City Circus Athens enough.

it's simply the best hostel i've ever stayed!

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. Everyone there is incredibly friendly and helpful and the facilities are amazingly clean and well taken care of. There are also activities every night so there's always something to do. I will definitely stay here any time that I'm in Athens in the future.

My family and I have wonderful vacation in Athens, because City Circus.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I have never seen staffs so friendly like those! You we will feel feel part of a big family!!

Very easy trip with City Circus. They definitely promote the fun, youth hostel culture to get people to interact (bar downstairs with socials, games, etc.). Very good about security. Not too far of a walk to get to the Plaka square or Parthenon. I'd recommend to people on an adventure or wanted to meet others.

After staying at a nightmare of a hostel in Athens, this place was like heaven. Beds were big and comfy, good location, staff was very helpful, and breakfast was excellent. Although, I do feel it was a bit overpriced compared to the other hostels available.

Close to two metros, really nice new interior. The rooms were big and clean. Walking distance to the acropolis and amazing view at night from rooftop. Only downfall was they overbooked our room and the night receptionist was really rude like it was our fault and woke up our whole room at midnight. Not a party hostel.

Excellent hostel, and the staff were great. Really couldn't fault it!

Fantastic hostel, awesome staff and a relaxed chilled out vibe. Maybe aimed at older backpackers which suited me. Comfortable beds, really clean and located in a fantastic area. Maybe one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!

Overall nice place

Big high quality hostel at a perfect location. The roof top terrace is perfect. Because it's such a big hostel it sometimes lacks atmosphere. The hostel is also very clean. They clean your own bed daily.

great hostel! One of the best hostels I've ever been to. One and only disadvantage: a bit pricy, but worth the money...

I was quite disappointed with this hostel. It was decorated well but it is not very clean. In most places in Athens, you cannot flush toilet paper into the toilet so dirty paper needs to put into a waste basket. The waste basket in our room was always overflowing. The shower was dirty and I have no confidence that it was cleaned every day because I stayed for 3 nights and for each of those nights the same dead mosquito was squished on the back of the bathroom door.

The hostel was excellent. It was very clean and the showers were big and powerful. The clientèle are definitely slightly older here, late twenties to early forties I would guess. It was not a bad thing. The breakfast was plentiful and there was a large table which we everyone sat around to eat. The wifi was fast and reliable. The location is great, but just a little hidden away, however the directions provided on this website were sufficient to find it first time.

Great location, very close to the main historic attractions in Athens (walking distance to Acropolis, etc.). Sell craft beers from Athens, and have a rooftop terrace where you can see the entire city. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. One of the best hostels I've been to in terms of total value, no complaints!

Conveniently located. Breakfast was quite decent with tasty greek yogurt. The staff was a bit cold but it might be my personal impression.

Excellent hostel, clean and well kept. Modern and stylish, located in a quiet street but very close to the action of Monastiraki area. Only 6min walking to Monastiraki metro, with direct and easy access to both Airport (8 euro) and Piraeus Port (1.20 Euro). Minutes away from countless restaurants, bars, shops and very close to the Acropolis. I slept in the 4-bed room with ensuite, bathroom was very clean and size of room adequate. A great place to stay in the heart of Athens! Highly recommended!

beautiful building and location, beds really comfortable - basic hostel amenities like individual lights/plug sockets would be the only thing to improve it. would defo stay again.