City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

The location was close to Monastiraki Square/Station, which is one of the main squares of Athens. Restaurants and the flea market were an arms reach away. The staff were all very helpful and this was greatly appreciated. There was a relaxed atmosphere here, nothing too crazy. Rooms were clean, as were bathrooms which were cleaned daily. Aircon, WiFi were all good, and there was a laptop in the Lobby for use, as well as printing. Definitely enjoyed staying here!

Great place! Really close to everything you need to see. Great restaurants around the corner. The hostel itself is a pretty good place but a little too quiet in the common area. Staff was good but a but some of the employees were a bit cold. I like walking into a warm friendly environment! I hate feeling like I'm asking too much when I ask for advice or if I can use something.

Really nice stay. Wish I could have stayed longer at this hostel. Thank you city circus.

Loved it! definitely one of my favourites around the world!

Everything was lovely! Enjoyed my stay very much! :)

I really enjoyed my stay at City Circus. I always tend to do one or two things to do to test the staff and their helpfulness. In this particular case, I pretended to have reserved a ferry for the incorrect day and needed to stay another night. The staff was very helpful in securing me a room to stay at the last minute, as well as with other minor things such as finding directions and being patient with me "forgetting" things. It was definitely refreshing to find such a helpful staff.

Amazing hostel!! Rooms are modern, fresh and spacious!!! So cheap got what u get!!! Staff nice, location fantastic! I wish I spent more nights there (they were quickly booked out!!). You can't go wrong here- it's a gem!

Stayed at City Circus Athens only for one night and wanted to book for more but they had no space! It seems to be a relatively new hostel with clean rooms and a nice chill atmosphere. 5 minutes walk from the Monastiraki station (which connects blue line for the airport with green line for the Piraeus port) so very convenient. There is also a very nice rooftop terrace with a view of the Acropolis. I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast but heard it was good. Can def recommend this hostel.

Really great hostel to stay on my own for a night for one night. Cool restaurants and bars nearby, easy to find from airport/metro, close walk to Parthenon, WAY nicer than other nearby hostels!

Provably one of the best hostels I have stayed ever. Secure, and very nice and helpful staff. The 6-people mixed dorm is actually much larger than expected, and very clean too. Plenty of chances for interaction with other stayers, hard to find a better hostel than this.

Great hostel. Free breakfast is amazing and such a rare treat in the world of backpacking. Wifi good, lockers big enough for your large bag. Close to the metro station and has an amazing view of the Acropolis from the rooftop terrace.

This hostel is super nice! In the center and the staff is very helpful. Such a beautiful place, worth staying definitely.

We stayed at City Circus Hostel Athens for one night before heading on to Santorini! The train from the airport took too long (compared to other parts in Europe) so if I had my chance again I would pay the little extra to catch a taxi! The Hostel is a 10 min (at the most) walk from the train station, almost immediately you feel like you are in the wrong part of town; but keep your head down and your nerves calm and you will be fine!

Everything was super clean and they serve toast with breaky!!!! Staff were very helpful, rooms were spacious with comfy beds. I loved the communal dining table! Would definitely stay again.

We only stayed here for one night, but had a very great experience. The four of us had a private room with a bathroom. Very clean and looked like it had been remodeled recently. The breakfast is delicious--they have homemade sweets and jams. Yummy. Very cool aesthetic and large table to eat and chat with other travelers. Easy to get to from Thissio metro stop. In a hot location, Psirri, with plenty of bars and restaurants around. Will definitely consider staying here again.

• 21st Jul 2014

Great location, close to metro, shops, restaurants and the Acropolis.

Nice little hostel in the Psirri district of Athens, pretty much right in the heart of the action but off the main drag so fairly quiet at night. Very clean, staff were helpful and ever-present at the front desk. The free breakfast was OK, and the common area is a very nice room. And you have to love a hotel that has a roof terrace with a view of the Acropolis!! My private room was very clean and good value and had the comfiest bed ever. Overall a hostel that tries hard to please, and succeeds.

This was the cleanest, most comfortable hostel I have stayed at yet. The beds are more comfortable than mine at home, the AC is really good, and overall the rooms feel like hotel rooms. The location is good to, it's within walking distance of the acropolis and there are markets nearby. The only downside is that there is no communal kitchen which is not that big of an issue but it'd be nice if they at least had a refrigerator that guests could use.

This is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at, and had lots of character. Location was also great. Thanks for all the helpful info you provided prior to our arrival as well!

Very good clima-neutral T-Shirts! Thanks :)

• 14th Jul 2014