City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Stylish. Comfortable. Clean. Great staff. You really could not ask for more. Staff have been incredibly friendly and helpful. The location is great, in Psirri/Monastiraki, which is the place to be at night, and still very close to the main touristic attractions. The style and vibe are great. Every detail is just perfect. And it is spotless clean. I have visited Athens a few times and have been staying in various places. City Circus is certainly the top choice for a hostel in Athens. Just go!

We loved our time at City Circus. The rooms were modern, clean and had really nice sheets and waffle blankets!! Definitely the best hostel we've stayed in and would highly recommend. Highlights were the roof top area, the free happy hour and the yummy breakfast :) No negative points!

Really nice hostel, nice staff, really GOOD breakfast (best one I had in my whole trip in Greece) We eat with everyone at the same table, good way to meet people if you're travelling alone

Perhaps the best Hostel I've ever stayed in! Great staff, very clean and great breakfast! We had to walk a little to get there, but from Montiraski metro station is a short walk, but if you have strong legs you don't have to catch any public transportation to get to know the city. The surroundings are filled with amazing urban art and many bars and restaurants! For sure the hostel was a big deal on us liking Athens so much. Would definitely recommend it and come back as soon as I can ;)

I only spent one night here but it suited my needs well. It's in a great location of Athens, very clean, nice beds, good wifi. Not the cheapest place, but if you have the budget it is quite a nice experience. Very good breakfast, nice staff. Thanks!

This is the most luxurious hostel I have stayed in. Breakfast is my favorite part, with yogurt and fresh fruit, home made jelly, muesli, toast and Swiss cheese, different kinds of juice. The staff is welcoming and helpful. They rent bicycles. And lastly, their air conditioners are wonderfully powerful.

• 15th Jul 2015

Fantastic hostel! Very clean - spacious rooms, great bathrooms, great location. Can not fault it for anything - maybe just when I asked for an early breakfast, because I had to catch a 7am ferry to Mykonos - all I got was bread and ham - no butter. Could have been a bit more inventive and try to accommodate for this because I am sure a lot of people end up leaving hostel early.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great location (20 minutes to the Acropolis, very near tons of cafes and bars), beautiful roof deck, adorable facilities, delicious breakfast (that yogurt, I could eat that yogurt forever), friendly and helpful staff, and events every night to bring together hostel guests. I had a great time. Would stay here again no question.

Just like all of the comments, this really is one of the best Hostels I have stayed at. Cheap but chic, it hits all the main points on the head with beautiful interiors, well-cared for rooms and bathrooms (comfy and big nice bunk beds). The roof terrace is a treat too with great view! Located a stones throw away from amazing Greek restaurants and bars, and a short walk to the Acropolis National Park. Close to train station to airport (about 16 stops), or order a transfer to airport if need.

I must say that Circus was one of the best hostel I´ve stayed. The atmosphere, facilities and location are very good. The staff was excellent, notedly, Klara who gave many hints about what to do in the city.

Fantastic! Staff got up early to prepare a fast breakfast before our early tour. Loved the rooftop view of the Acropolis. Great place to stay.

• 12th Jul 2015

Very clean, great location

The staff is really helpful, I booked two tours with them and in the first one an external company Charged me more and i complained and the hostel gave the extra charge back to me. I really enjoy this hostel; the best that i have been.

Booked a four bed private and around 6pm someone who was not with my group walked in to get her bag...not secure at all. The air conditioning shut off in the middle of the night (there is no breeze or anything cold about Athens) and when I emailed the staff saying there was a problem, they said they were working on it but nothing was fixed. Disappointed in my stay in Athens.

It was a great Hostel, location, cleanlines and the beautifull breakfast being the highlights, and the roof terrace ofcourse where you can go and have the Best view of the acrópolis. Private toilets were always clean, aircon was very good as well. Staff was friendly and arranged everything we asked them to. An excellent Hostel overall, would definitely stay againg,

This is is absolutely amazing for the value! The atmosphere, staff and set up is beyond clean for anything youd expect from a hostel. The included breakfast is really incredible.

Amazing hostel. Room 301(private room) was the best it is on the rooftop terrace. Super clean, everything was new, staff was extremely helpful, outgoing and nice. Good air conditioning and excellent wifi. It's new so everything was really clean and fresh. Free breakfast we couldn't take advantage of but they packed up one for us which was sweet and accommodating. They have a good selection of snacks and drinks. Strict cancellation policy...they need 48 hours notice just FYI or they will charge u

My stay here was brilliant, friendly staff, cool people and the most amazing free breakfast ever.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

amazing breakfast!

Amazing location. Where you'd want to be even if Athens is more for passing through as you can still sight see so close to hostel and also amongst vibrant cafes and so close to the metro for airport and port connections!