City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

One of the cooler hostels I've stayed in! Clean rooms/bathrooms were spotless & spacious, breakfast had one of the better spreads in comparison to all the hostels I've stayed at, wifi available throughout the entire hostel, but limited outlets in the rooms (prepare to share), vibe was quieter, however, the common area can be a great place to meet other travelers while sharing a meal. Location is great (close to Plaka and the Acropolis) & felt very safe walking the surrounding streets at night.

Only issue was with receptionist manager. Nice guy, but not very flexible or accommodating at all.

We had such a great stay, the staff were so kind to give us thier time to explain the hostels surroundings, suggesting sites we should see, making sure we got the best out of our stay.

• 10th Jun 2015

What a great hostel!! Definitely one of the best hostels that I've already stayed in Europe! Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast, bedrooms are confy and clean, the terrace is amaaaazing! The next time I visit Athens I know exactly where I am going to stay and have a great time!

New hostel, clean, and friendly staff. Location is perfect near bars, restaurant, and the train station.

Graat place to start off my holiday in Greece. You can check in any time you like, breakfast and wifi are included. There is a nice roof terrace where you can relax. The atmosphere is fun, lots of backpackers who are more than willing to hang out for a day or go for a drink at night.

Couldn't recommend it enough... Bedrooms and bathrooms are clean, staff is very friendly and ready to give suggestions on cheap places to eat... The hostel also organises activities so people can get to know each other, my friend and I had an amazing time and met so many fellow travellers... Only suggestion I would make is putting outlets by the beds, but it didn't ruin my stay in any way...

Great hostel in a central location, and a good place to meet other travelers. Staff were very helpful and facilities were excellent (wifi, laundry service, terrace, clean bathrooms). Note that while the hostel does have a bar, they do not permit outside alcohol. Somewhat more expensive for dorm beds than other hostels in the area.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I loved this hostel. We had a private double room and it was so nice. Our room was super clean and everything was decorated really cute. I felt very safe here and the front desk staff were very helpful with everything we needed.

It was an amazing experience!! It was in a perfect location just a 20 min walk from the Acropolis, the staff were probably the nicest I've met so far and if I ever needed anything I knew that they would have it... I even got my laundry done which was convenient for the middle of my two week break :D

The breakfast every morning was delicious and the beds were extraordinarily comfortable.

• 5th Jun 2015

Our room was very clean and nice with a comfortable bed. The atmosphere is cool, and they have fun little events at night which is good for meeting people. The staff were friendly. The rooftop terrace is awesome with a great view of the acropolis. Had a great stay, definitely recommend!!

I absolutely loved this hostel. Everything about this place made me want to come back. The breakfast was fantastic, the rooms were nice and clean, the bathrooms were nice and clean, the place itself was very neat. The rooftop terrace was a nice place to relax or meet people. 5ish minute walk from the metro, and right around the corner from the hostel is a jewelry shop with the most unique stuff and the owner is awesome. The luggage storage was very helpful and cheap, too. Thanks!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Convenient location, helpful staff, nice rooms, nice visitors. Would definitely stay there again!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

Fantastic hostel, lovely staff, great wifi and rooms were modern and trendy. Location looked a tiny bit dodgy but it wasn't so bad. Would stay again

For my first night in Greece this was a very welcoming hostel, so clean and great decor and style with staff that were exceptionally friendly. It's a smaller cozy hostel but new and welcoming for all types of travellers. The view from the roof lounge was a perfect place to mingle with a great backdrop of the sights. Would definitely stay again

It was an amazing hostel! City Circus had a welcoming environment. I actually met a groups of friends I was able to travel with throughout my stay in Greece! It was well kept and clean with an excellent staff! The rooms are a good size with lockers for your personal belongings! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Athens!

This place was great. It's a good value, good location, and helpful staff.

This might have been the most stylish hostel I have ever stayed at!! It's a "boutique" hostel. Great rooms and bathrooms. Amazing location. I was very impressed

The facilities are nice and the hostel is well kept, if a bit sterile. Breakfast was average, but free. The staff was generally warm and friendly, except for one encounter: I had gotten in late, checked in and gone to my room, and then decided to come out and socialize at a hostel happy hour. I was exactly 10 minutes late (since I was unpacking) and was thus refused the complimentary glass of wine. That sort of rigidity made it seem really unfriendly and unwelcoming for something so trivial.

• 2nd Jun 2015