City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Very well located. Included breakfast is really good. The staff is good, we were leaving early on our day of departure and they made us sandwiches to go and gave us fruit for breakfast. A little hard to find, so make sure to have a map. The room was very clean.

The staff is really nice. Great location! and the breakfast is amazing!

Amazing place to stay from start to finish - we stayed in the two twin bed ensuite room - sheets were changed every 2 days, the bathroom and room were cleaned daily - breakfast was great - friendly staff - loved the meet and greet with wine and snacks - the atmosphere was relaxed and fun

Very clean nice hostel with good breakfast options of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit salad. Well located close walk to Acropolis and other sites and hip area for night life.

Awesome place, good location, amazing staff, nice large lockers for storing my bag, would defiantly go back again!

I was travelling with a group of friends and we booked a whole room to be able to stick together. However, on arrival we were told we need to go to separate rooms as the hostel "sells only places in the rooms, not rooms". After some serious negotiation we managed to convince the staff member and were able to move to a room that was the same size we booked and actually vacant at the moment. It all ended OK, but it was an unpleasant surprise in the begining.

The staff was very nice and friendly and super helpful. The only thing I did not care for was the atmosphere. The hostel was very chill, definitely not a party hostel.

• 27th Apr 2015

Wonderful stay with such friendly staff! I love it here!

Very good breakfast, comfortable beds, enjoyable rooftop. Met some nice people too! Highly recommend and it's in a great part of town in regards to nightlife.

One of the best hostels (from dozens) I've been to. There's always something nice going on there. And the staff is particularly good. Every employee have a combination of efectiveness and friendability. I could name Tony - for his help and good tips - and especially Tiziana - who is friendly, charming, delicate, smiling, helpful, and (very) hardworking. Something to improve: individual plugs and lamps for each bed would be very helpful.

The location is excellent: in a beautiful neighbourhood surrounded by nice bars, restaurants, cafes and bakery shops. Very close to major sites and shoppings. The facilities are excellent and spotlessly clean! The bed, pillow and quilt are soooo soft and comfy! The staff are very helpful, although could be friendlier or warmer. Breakfast are excellent!

Fabulous stay at city circus and again upon return from a cruise. Incredibly clean, great rooms close to the main sights and (we think) good value for money. Lovely breaky and we didn't feel like "odd people out" being in the slightly older backpacker group (30s) sure there's heaps of party opportunities but for us it was nice and relaxed!

My friend and I stayed at City Circus and loved it! The beds were so comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Complementary breakfast every morning consisting of bread, fruit salad and Greek yogurt. Location was perfect - about a 10 minute walk from the Ruins sites. Staff cleaned the rooms to perfection everyday! Overall, best hostel we've stayed in. Highly recommend to any travellers.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! the beds were so comfortable (better then the one at my school here) and so clean! we were in the room every day when the cleaning lady came in and she spent a long time working on the room every day. there was a happy hour one night with a free glass of wine and snacks. very safe location

This hostel has the most comfortable beds, they're soooo plush, and it was amazing.The free breakfast is awesome, and they have all these local jams! The only thing is that some of the neighboring streets are kind of dodgy, but everything else is spectacular.

Great hostel Wonderful staff, comfy beds, good food Overalll Great Thanks everyone

Great place, extremely clean, helpful staff (ask them about recommended resturants and definetely follow their tips!). Very good location: close to the monuments and metro stations, very lively area with a lot of bars and restaurants, but the hostel is on the calm street and there is no noise during nights. Basic but very tasty breakfast (greek yogurt is a must :)) I recomend the place and I'm looking forward to stay there again

Second time I've stayed at City Circus and that's for a good reason. I've never felt more comfortable and welcomed at any other place I've stayed. I highly recommend this to anyone traveling to Athens. It's worth every penny!

Great location close to Monastiraki square, restaurants and bars in a safe area for single travellers to walk around late at night. I stayed in a 4-bed female dorm which was really nice and clean. Beds were super comfy. My suggestion is to have bedlamps, more hangers in the room and more power outlets. Also, a board with suggestions what to see do (actvivities), local restaurants and bars would have been nice. The staff were really helpful and friendly. The roof top terrace was superb. Stay here

One of the bests hostels I've ever stayed. Clean, secure, with stunning design, very nice staff, lovely breakfast. Overall quality was better than in many hotels I stayed before. Oh! And the view from the terrace! Loved it!