City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Hands down the most comfortable hostel bed I've ever slept in. Everything was extremely clean and the linen smelled fresh. It was amazing. The 6 person dorm I stayed in was spacious and even had a small balcony! The location was very close to good restaurants. Not too far from main sights. The free breakfast was standard hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, coffee, toast, etc. There wasn't much of an atmosphere however. But to be honest I would take the fantastic bed over the best atmosphere any day

Hello there, thank you for your review. We are glad you had such a positive experience staying with us and we will be more than happy to host you here again! Safe travels and many other great adventures. City Circus

Very friendly staff, clean, quiet, amazing location, wifi is good, worth every penny

Beds are super comfy and it's clean, not enough outlets for everyone in a room though. Also the location is not the best. Close to acropolis but a bit of a walk from the metro. There are better locations. Nice decor though. I'm sure this place would be good for a few days. Breakfast's not too bad. Paying for luggage storage anywhere is silly, but at least here it is only €1 for the day. No serious problems with this place. Staff were nice.

The staff was very helpful and recommend what are the places best places for sightseeing, the locations is quite near to the tourist attractions attractions in Athens.

Dear guest, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It's our job to recommend sights and spots you might not find yourself. Athens is lively city and we love it here. It would be a pity not to share the best of it with you. We wish you safe travels and who knows, maybe one day we'll host you here again! Kind regards, City Circus

It was a wonderful stay in Athens. The staff is quite helful and friendly, the location is very convenient. The best hostel in Athens.

Hello there, thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. Your words of praise make us very happy. We hope that the next time you are here, your impression will be the same and even better. Take care of yourself and we really hope to see you here again! Kind regards, City Circus

Except for the fact that some staff members have a bit of an attitude problem , which I ascribe to basically being your typical entitled Greek - hostel is decent . Location is ok . Facilities are alright .

Dear Sami, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry you experienced something you call "an attitude problem". The process of creating good staff isn't always easy and fast. A lot of changes happened since your visit and we hope to see you here again in order to prove you that being Greek doesn't always mean being rude and impolite. We are actually quite cute people, too :) Kind regards, City Circus

This is certainly one of the best hostels Ive ever stayed in. The rooms and the common spaces are nicely decorated and very clean, the staff is super friendly and helpful, the place is super well located, close to subway stations, bars, restaurants an to the the Acropolis and other touristic sites of the city.

Hello Felipe, thank you very much for your review. Such nice words are the best motivation and the best reward at the same time. We hope that next time you visit Athens, you'll stay with us again! Till then have a lot of other safe travels and experiences! Kind regards, City Circus

Great value for money. Facilities are in a very good shape and anyways clean. Lot of space, awesome decorations, good breakfast. Only downside was a somewhat unfriendly and arrogant staff member at the reception on the day of our arrival. Other staff members were awesome! Would highly recommend.

Dear Alex, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at City Circus. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here despite the encounter with one of our colleagues. Good staff is always a challenge.. We hope to see you here again. City Circus

City Circus is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Wonderful standard of decor, fab breakfast, classy bar downstairs with great selection of Greek wines, immaculate bathrooms, rooftop space for relaxing, good location, well thought out communal areas, pleasant and helpful staff, wifi that works everywhere. The beds are more comfortable than my own bed at home. Difficult to fault it - I could quite easily live here. Well worth the extra money. I'd almost come back to Athens just to stay here.

Good place to stay but street noise is very loud.

• 8th Oct 2015

I have travelled a lot and have visited a lot of different hostels around the world.. City Circus is without a doubt one of the best places I have stayed. It has a very nice atmosphere and is nice and clean with cozy common areas. The staff was really good at giving advice - my visit to Athens was a very impulsive decision so I didn't plan anything and the staff really helped me out with all my stupid questions ;) And oh, last but not least the breakfast is SUPER great! :)

Dear Mia, thank you very much for such a positive comment. It is always very nice to see that our effort doesn't go to waste and that there is a reason to try even harder. Thank you for the motivation and we hope that your impulsive decision-making will bring you here again! Kind regards, City Circus

Nice quiet hostel! Fantastic location, and staff.

Staff was friendly. 4 girl dorm room was nice

It was clean and beautiful...

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Cyprus

Nice location. The hostel itself is something of a work of art with beautiful decoration and furniture. Rooms, bathrooms and communal areas were always clean; even my bed was remade each day. The free breakfast was the usual mix of bread, jam, cereal, fruit etc. but good quality. One member of staff was spectacularly unhelpful - "No I don't know how to get to xx, why don't you Google it?" (!!). The others were nice enough but the whole place could have been more welcoming and friendly.

Dear Emily, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are sorry for the encounter with one of our colleagues, it is a challenge to have good crew and "to separate the wheat from the chaff" takes time. However, since your visit we improved in this field as well and I believe that during your next stay, nothing such as will happen again. We wish you safe travels and who knows, maybe we'll see you here again :) Best, City Circus

Fantastic place! Cleanest I've seen in my travels! Breakfast was great! Staff was helpful! It Wasn't the most social hostel I've been in. But it was a nice break from some of the party spots I've been to! Very good location to the metro that gets you to Piraeus for island trips!

The staff was extremely helpful and patient, especially giving directions. Fun activities encouraging interactions. Very clean. Nice patio on the top floor with a good view.

• 28th Sep 2015

Well located, nice breakfast, good "restaurant" for snacks/sandwiches/salads and beverages and modern decoration. The negatives points were: towel should be paid(although the linen was included) and lugagges stored must be paid also(even just 1 euro each one).

Love City Circus Athens hostel! Super comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, under bed lockers, great location, and excellent breakfast included for free! It is quite pricey but you're guaranteed a good night's sleep and a nice chilled out atmosphere.

Very clean and modern hostel right in the center of the party scene! Great spot but as on would imagine, the noise from the street can be a bit much at times.