City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

After staying at a nightmare of a hostel in Athens, this place was like heaven. Beds were big and comfy, good location, staff was very helpful, and breakfast was excellent. Although, I do feel it was a bit overpriced compared to the other hostels available.

Close to two metros, really nice new interior. The rooms were big and clean. Walking distance to the acropolis and amazing view at night from rooftop. Only downfall was they overbooked our room and the night receptionist was really rude like it was our fault and woke up our whole room at midnight. Not a party hostel.

Excellent hostel, and the staff were great. Really couldn't fault it!

Fantastic hostel, awesome staff and a relaxed chilled out vibe. Maybe aimed at older backpackers which suited me. Comfortable beds, really clean and located in a fantastic area. Maybe one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at!

Overall nice place

Big high quality hostel at a perfect location. The roof top terrace is perfect. Because it's such a big hostel it sometimes lacks atmosphere. The hostel is also very clean. They clean your own bed daily.

great hostel! One of the best hostels I've ever been to. One and only disadvantage: a bit pricy, but worth the money...

I was quite disappointed with this hostel. It was decorated well but it is not very clean. In most places in Athens, you cannot flush toilet paper into the toilet so dirty paper needs to put into a waste basket. The waste basket in our room was always overflowing. The shower was dirty and I have no confidence that it was cleaned every day because I stayed for 3 nights and for each of those nights the same dead mosquito was squished on the back of the bathroom door.

The hostel was excellent. It was very clean and the showers were big and powerful. The clientèle are definitely slightly older here, late twenties to early forties I would guess. It was not a bad thing. The breakfast was plentiful and there was a large table which we everyone sat around to eat. The wifi was fast and reliable. The location is great, but just a little hidden away, however the directions provided on this website were sufficient to find it first time.

Great location, very close to the main historic attractions in Athens (walking distance to Acropolis, etc.). Sell craft beers from Athens, and have a rooftop terrace where you can see the entire city. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. One of the best hostels I've been to in terms of total value, no complaints!

Conveniently located. Breakfast was quite decent with tasty greek yogurt. The staff was a bit cold but it might be my personal impression.

Excellent hostel, clean and well kept. Modern and stylish, located in a quiet street but very close to the action of Monastiraki area. Only 6min walking to Monastiraki metro, with direct and easy access to both Airport (8 euro) and Piraeus Port (1.20 Euro). Minutes away from countless restaurants, bars, shops and very close to the Acropolis. I slept in the 4-bed room with ensuite, bathroom was very clean and size of room adequate. A great place to stay in the heart of Athens! Highly recommended!

beautiful building and location, beds really comfortable - basic hostel amenities like individual lights/plug sockets would be the only thing to improve it. would defo stay again.

comfortable beds excellent breakfast thoroughly enjoyed my stay

There is no reason to consider staying anywhere else in Athens, unless you're on a tight budget. The breakfast spread is fantastic. The kitchen sells good food and drinks for cheap all day and night. The atmosphere is completely chill, with a cool commons area. They have free wine socials, Greek cooking classes, Athens tours, etc. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean. Great location, next to a cool strip of restaurants and bars, quick walk to Monastiraki. Do yourself a favor; stay here.

The best hostel I ever stay

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

Everything about this hostel was excellent with mostly very friendly staff with maybe just one girl that seemed like she didn't want to be there. Nevertheless, her lack of enthusiasm didn't take away from the hostel! And during my stay there, they had a staff meeting for an hour, though I can't understand Greek, but the process seemed very democratic and engaging. Overall, would be back there again.

• 21st Sep 2014

We LOVED City Circus!!! The staff are wonderful

City Circus is a clean and comfortable stay. It was actually more of a hotel where you have to sleep in the same room as strangers. Personally I prefer a hostel with a little more conversation between guests and a little less of a hushed atmosphere (I was there on a Saturday night... dead quiet) but I can see how it would be perfect for the weary traveler.

• 20th Sep 2014

I loved City Circus! The location was close to the city center and had a fantastic rooftop area with a view. The free breakfast was good, although a bit basic. The rooms were nice and the facilities clean. I had to check out early around 4:45am and they made sure a staff person was available at my departure. Overall, a great stay at City Circus!