City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Room in the old wing was disappointing. Air con was not working well and capped at 25 degrees. Toilet was small and hot water was not working. Had to ask another to their shower. Disappointed..

Excellent hostel, second time to stay here both times could not fault it in anyway. Great breakfast, great staff, very comfortable beds with great air conditioning.

This was my second time staying at the City Circus. Even though I booked a six bed dorm for both stays, the dorm room I was in this time was quite a bit smaller than the last and my suitcase wouldn't fit in the locker. So be aware that room and lockers sizes do differ. However, the en-suite bathroom was large and the shower was hot with good water pressure. Everything was clean and the staff were friendly. Would stay here again.

Security at the hostel was very good. Thought it a little strange to charge to store luggage for the day. Cheaper hostels let you leave your stuff for free and it Costs the hostel nothing. Location is excellent, so many cute little shops in a Camden type area.loved it! So close to the acropolis as well. I think the hostel is more style over substance. The atmosphere was lacking a little. Very pretty place to stay if you have the money

This place is beautifully furnished in a 60s/70s vibe, it is also very clean, and has great comfortable beds that are made out of wood so very quiet. It has an amazing view of the Acropolis on the rooftop terrace and is located in Psirri, which is a beautiful artsy neighbourhood. It isn't directly in the main square, which means it's quiet but only one minute walk from the main square in Psirri. Definitely recommend!

Great location! Walking distance to the main attractions!

Air con was not working properly in the old wing . stayed again in the new wing and everything was perfect. Big room, clean, and excellent free breakfast.

The best hostel ive ever been!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in for AGES! Great room, comfortable beds, great fresh breakfast am staying here again next week when I am back in Athens. Would definitely recommend.

Wifi isn't great- drops out and doesn't always work. Location is close to the bus and main hub which is awesome though!!!

Dear Allana, thank you for your comment. We are really sorry to hear that you experienced such issues with our wi-fi. We just wish you would find a minute and mention this to our reception so we could inspect what was going on. However I hope you enjoyed your stay here and hopefully see you at City Circus some other time in the future!

Nice comfy big bunk beds! Probably my favorite thing. Got in late and only stayed 1 night so didn't get to experience the hostel properly.

This is likely the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The location is fantastic and is in an artsy neighborhood near major train stations. Not only are the rooms bright, clean, and spacious, the common areas are expansive but also engage some level of intimacy where you are sure to make new friends. The young staff here is extremely friendly and personable. The general demographic of guests here tend to be young professionals (probably as the City Circus costs a bit more than most hostels).

Excellent condition inside and staff very helpful and nice. Breakfast good and a nice atmosphere in hostel. Quiet at night and slept well. Would use again for sure. Very convenient location getting to real feel of Athens..

• 7th Sep 2015

Great hostel in center of Athens. The girl at the front desk was so cute, that I've almost fall in love with her, though i think she had a boyfriend. :)

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Romania

Awesome hostel; very comfortable dorm rooms with ample space and lovely doubles. Bathrooms were clean and all rooms had an air conditioner which was definitely required in the 40 degree Athens heat. Common area was top noych. Staff were really friendly and helpful.This hostel ticked all the boxes for me and was also located in a great area for all the Athens sights and easy access to teh airport via the metro.

We only stayed here for one night but it did seem very nice. The breakfast in the morning and had so much choice- best hostel breakfast we have had. Short walk from trains and city strip.

Perfect hostel, I can't add anything bad to this review. Great atmosphere, there's a daily activity to make some new friends, rooms were pretty big, cleaned and comfortable, with proper beds and a convenient bathroom. Staff was helpful all the time, and the breakfast was pretty good! I would reccomend this place for everyone, and i would definetely come back!

Absolutely wonderful place to stay. Clean, great breakfast, staff very accommodating, and perfect location. Thank you for a great experience!

• 3rd Sep 2015

The staff was very helpful and friendly! It's a great location that is close to restaurants and shops, as well as a short walk from the Acropolis. Anytime I am in Athens, I will be staying at City Circus!

Great location, good views friendly staff, nice and cleanI dident rate the breakfast that much have stayed in some good hostels, the breakfasts were great, this felt like it was lacking, it was really hot in the room when we got back at night time, the a/c in the room dident really work, felt like I was in a tent in the Australian outback it was that hot.