City Circus Athens Reviews

16 Sarri street, Athens, Greece

Couldn't recommend it enough... Bedrooms and bathrooms are clean, staff is very friendly and ready to give suggestions on cheap places to eat... The hostel also organises activities so people can get to know each other, my friend and I had an amazing time and met so many fellow travellers... Only suggestion I would make is putting outlets by the beds, but it didn't ruin my stay in any way...

Great hostel in a central location, and a good place to meet other travelers. Staff were very helpful and facilities were excellent (wifi, laundry service, terrace, clean bathrooms). Note that while the hostel does have a bar, they do not permit outside alcohol. Somewhat more expensive for dorm beds than other hostels in the area.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I loved this hostel. We had a private double room and it was so nice. Our room was super clean and everything was decorated really cute. I felt very safe here and the front desk staff were very helpful with everything we needed.

It was an amazing experience!! It was in a perfect location just a 20 min walk from the Acropolis, the staff were probably the nicest I've met so far and if I ever needed anything I knew that they would have it... I even got my laundry done which was convenient for the middle of my two week break :D

The breakfast every morning was delicious and the beds were extraordinarily comfortable.

• 5th Jun 2015

Our room was very clean and nice with a comfortable bed. The atmosphere is cool, and they have fun little events at night which is good for meeting people. The staff were friendly. The rooftop terrace is awesome with a great view of the acropolis. Had a great stay, definitely recommend!!

I absolutely loved this hostel. Everything about this place made me want to come back. The breakfast was fantastic, the rooms were nice and clean, the bathrooms were nice and clean, the place itself was very neat. The rooftop terrace was a nice place to relax or meet people. 5ish minute walk from the metro, and right around the corner from the hostel is a jewelry shop with the most unique stuff and the owner is awesome. The luggage storage was very helpful and cheap, too. Thanks!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Convenient location, helpful staff, nice rooms, nice visitors. Would definitely stay there again!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

Fantastic hostel, lovely staff, great wifi and rooms were modern and trendy. Location looked a tiny bit dodgy but it wasn't so bad. Would stay again

For my first night in Greece this was a very welcoming hostel, so clean and great decor and style with staff that were exceptionally friendly. It's a smaller cozy hostel but new and welcoming for all types of travellers. The view from the roof lounge was a perfect place to mingle with a great backdrop of the sights. Would definitely stay again

It was an amazing hostel! City Circus had a welcoming environment. I actually met a groups of friends I was able to travel with throughout my stay in Greece! It was well kept and clean with an excellent staff! The rooms are a good size with lockers for your personal belongings! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling through Athens!

This place was great. It's a good value, good location, and helpful staff.

This might have been the most stylish hostel I have ever stayed at!! It's a "boutique" hostel. Great rooms and bathrooms. Amazing location. I was very impressed

The facilities are nice and the hostel is well kept, if a bit sterile. Breakfast was average, but free. The staff was generally warm and friendly, except for one encounter: I had gotten in late, checked in and gone to my room, and then decided to come out and socialize at a hostel happy hour. I was exactly 10 minutes late (since I was unpacking) and was thus refused the complimentary glass of wine. That sort of rigidity made it seem really unfriendly and unwelcoming for something so trivial.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Although this is a great hostel, for example the breakfast is amazing & it is very clean and secure there are some imperfections. It is situated in an edgy area - am sure I saw looting not 50 m away and a shop with a full height turnstile. Not for everyone. The room I stayed in was very small also: six persons in three bunks yet really only one person could "take the floor" at any one time. Despite that there's masses of communal spaces and yet no one was talking! In short: a mixed bag.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Really nice mattresses, compared to the other two hostels we stayed at in Athens. Great places to eat just around the corner too.

• 1st Jun 2015

Top notch hostel on the boarder of a sketchy area. It was very clean, and the atmosphere was great for meeting other travelers. Home cooked meals were amazing. BUT it sits on the outskirts of an immigrant neighborhood. If you get lost, like I did, it can be terrifying. As a solo female traveler I was yelled at and chased by some man down the street, and I can say I've never been more scared in my life. Just be sure you know exactly where it is before hand to avoid getting lost.

• 30th May 2015

A great hostel. Secure, clean, friendly & relaxing.

The hostel is great. Good and cozy design. Comfortable. Looking for meet the host that are spending nights at the hostel. Great ambient! The top terrace is amazing. The only bad thing, alot of noise from the street and from the corridor. The rest perfect!!!

• 30th May 2015
  • Spain

beautiful place, good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Great rooms. Ours was loftstyle. decent breakfast. Would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.