Very Good 388 Total Reviews
Very Good 388 Total Reviews
City Garden Lodge Located at 25 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland.
New Zealand

• jocrisfield2060
  • England, Female, 31-40
18th Sep 2016
3.4

Unfortunately, I found this place to be way below expectations. Initially I was shown to my room and it was a complete tip, not a bed made for me so o was taken somewhere else and then at about 9:30pmsomeone came to find me to move me again. Once in my room it was a complete mess, hardly room to place my bag and my locker had been taken by someone else so there was no where to lock anything away. When making dinner I could only find 1 dirty bowl and for breakfast couldn't find a mug for my tea.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
8th Sep 2016

Lovely staff. Bathrooms are always really clean. Good garden area and inside common room. They let you mail things to the hostel which is an amazing help if you have just arrived in NZ. Would definitely stay again!

• abbihowes2010
  • England, Female, 25-30
20th Aug 2016
7.1

The people staying at the hostel were so lovely. The family in charge of it were from India so not local to the area, this wasn't great when wanting advice about where to go, what to do etc. they were kind nevertheless.

Thank you very much for your feedback and also we help every one in guiding local attractions, providing city maps, free telecom number etc.. if any thing goes wrong please advice us, see you again. Thank you once again. Regards, Manager

2nd Aug 2016

amazing service, place. WIFI is an added advantage. Nice staff esp. Ravi.

Thank you madhukar, for your valuable feedback see you again. Regards, Ravi

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
6.6

Power overloaded during winter, no power for both nights there. Management not particularly friendly.

1st Jul 2016
5.7

The stay was a bit of a nightmare. It was freezing cold, I had to park my car really far away, and the power went out for two hours. I was trying to do laundry before flying out the next day and my clothes were in the dryer and never got dry. The hostel clearly didn't have the correct wiring in place for the number of people and appliances needed. We had to sleep without the heat on. No monetary compensation was offered for the power outage or my wasted money on laundry.

29th Jun 2016
7.7

The place is alright, I stayed in much nicer hostels for the same price in NZ, but the people you'll meet are great! Also, because it's small it has a very cozy-homey feeling. I was only here for 2 nights, but everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. A lot of them were long-term borders and yet they were welcoming and inclusive. The staff was very helpful! I got maps, borrowed a phone, advice, and got a free SIM card (although should NOT get the free one- check out other deals first!).