City Guesthouse Reviews

306 Wellesley st E, Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The hostel is located very close to Bus 94's Wellesley and Parliament's stop. It is very close to several South Asian restaurants, four convenience stores (including one specializing in South Asian foods), and a super market (Basic Foods). The hostel is in an old, charming Victorian house, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The kitchen is well equipped and can be used for all meals. It is an excellent value for the money and highly recommended.

Loved it! We have stayed here for the past 3 years and will continue to stay in the future !

The manager was amazing and so helpful and very friendly, he try's to help you as much as he can. Would stay again, it's a good 20 minute walk into town, but so many shops are close by for food etc only 2 minute walk. Bus stop only 2 minute walk too!!

I was very satisfied with that Guesthouse. Personnel was very friendly - showed directions and bus lines, gave advice for food, ... I was there in February and it was very cold, but still had warm water all the time, what is definitely not like that in every hostel. There was also a TV and a wardrobe available. Only one negative point has to be added: there are little sockets which can be easily improved by leaving one distributor in the room. In general - I would stay there again.

Very familiar place to stay, the owner is very friendly and tries to help as much as possible. Its not in the center, but there are places to eat and shop around and there are buses to downtown. The rooms are good. Its not the cleanest place but it was oke! We enjoyed it!

Not worth it. I'd avoid if possible.

Great price and helpful owner

Great hostel, the staff are polite and helpful, the place is clean, great location. Have stayed here 3 times and love it. It is a quiet hostel so I wouldn't recommend it for people who want to party and socialize.

It is a really nice place! I just stayed for one night, and it was totally worth it!

• 16th Nov 2013

This was exactly the kind of hostel I was looking for - very friendly and helpful owner, nice and central location with shops near by, clean simple room with no drunk backpackers and most importantly the cost was incredibly good value. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone passing through Toronto who wants a peaceful place and a private room on a budget.

• 24th Oct 2013

Very nice hostel!!!

We had a lovely stay, and the owner was very nice and never complained about the odd hours we kept. The only mentionable thing was the creaky floors, but that was to be expected, considering the age of the building. And I was more worried about it for the sake of other guests than for myself. Though it wasn't in the ideal location, it was close enough to enough restaurants that we never had trouble finding food. All in all I was pleased with my stay, and we'd love to book again if we return.

• 10th Oct 2013

From the outside City Guesthouse just looks like any other house on the block. Because all the rooms were separate there wasn't much interaction with the other tavellers. If you're looking for a nice place to stay while you explore Toronto that's more like a hotel this is your place. If you're looking for a hostel environment, not so much.

Loved my stay here. When I arrived at the room I was pleasantly surprised at the sheer size of it. The staff were very helpful on any queries that I may have had. The location was easy to get downtown. 5 minute bus ride to station and a short trip on the train downtown. All for 3 dollars a journey. Nice and big bathroom. Pc to use on site if needed and good Wifi in the rooms.

Good service, very friendly personnel. You can cook and microwave in the kitchen, and even I had my diner there at the table. Very good kitchen facility. Location is very good: 5 stops by underground to get to the UNION station, and it is about 50 minutes walk to downtown. No, it is not a modern room, but price/quality is good. I would go back next time and stay here again.

• 28th Sep 2013

Very friendly owners! Nice, clean rooms - super great value for the price we paid. Location is good, 1 minute from the bus stop, and many good food places nearby. Only downer - no towels!

The hostel is close to bus stops, so it is very easy to get to the city. The house and rooms are very clean and the stuff is very kind and helpfull. Both, bathroom and kitchen are very big and clean. The kitchen is also provided with everything you need. The atmosphere was very quiet and relaxed, but still you can come in contact with other travellers. We felt very comfortable there and we definately can recommend this hostel! We would stay there again!

Really helpful couple and friendly place with lovely rooms. A great way to get about is to rent bikes. 5 dollars for 24 hours but they do put an250mdollar hold on your xard for ten days. Turn right out ofnthe hostel and yiu will come to them. Some lovely delis nearby. Great place. Stay there.

Owner and wife were very nice and pleasant, even went above and beyond to satisfy the needs of the guests.

I had an awesome weekend there, the staff were super helpful and really nice. There's no sign outside so don't be scared to knock.

• 5th Jul 2013