City Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Obchodna 38, Bratislava, Slovakia

I've travelled around Eastern Europe over the last two weeks but city hostel wasn't great the bed wasn't a bed more of a bench with a long cushion The first receptionist we encountered "jana" was a little rude and just generally had a look of why am I here but the rest of the staff I met were lovely The cleanliness was not the best as my girlfriend and I both have hospitality backgrounds we were not that impressed

Very pleased with our stay here. We had read bad reviews about the staff but we had absolutely no problems at all, all staff members were friendly and welcoming. The beds were not fantastic, but the room was cheap so we cannot complain. Excellent location!

No real common area but clean, cheap, location and really good value for money. Customer service depending on the person behind the counter.

This hostel is very close to the downtown of Bratislava. You can walk all the way from hostel and you don't need to use public transport.

The receptionist was really slow and it took half an hour for us to get the keys for our room back, there were holes on the bedding. Apart from that the stay was fine

Location is great! The place is clean and it provide decent value for money! Now the huge bad points: Hot Water was not working at night - told staff member at desk who then proceeded to yell at me, saying it does, I checked back at my room twice / and ran the water - still no hot water and yet more abuse from the lady at the desk - easily the worst staff I have ever met at hostels. Only one boiler services the whole block - so you will face cold showers! WiFi is poor in rooms, lobby is good!