City Hostel Bratislava Reviews

Obchodna 38, Bratislava, Slovakia

This hostel is the worst I have ever stayed in. First and foremost, I was a victim of bank fraud by the receptionist at the hostel (Jana) who made an unauthorised transaction using my debit card details for the amount of the room before I had even arrived in Bratislava. This was confirmed by the fraud team who had to cancel my card. The room was neither safe nor secure, and despite having camped for 3 weeks prior to my stay, half a night in their bed left me longing for my rocky abode.

• 28th Jul 2014

very nice and helpful staff

the beds are the most uncomfortable that I have ever seen ! It was horrible. Moreover their is no double beds it is only two simple bed joined but as there are the frames of the simple beds it is impossible to sleep at the middle of the bed and its like your are really sleeping in separate bed! In addition to that the walls are so thin that we could follow the conversation in the next rooms and even hear them snoring.

Beds need replacement. I effectively slept on a plank of wood. The shower was not clean.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Unfortunatly we didnt have a good experience at this hostel. Firstly the staff were very rude with us. The way that they receptioned us were very unpolite. It was clear that they didnt have patience to recieve us there.Furtermore, They didnt explain why we had to leave the keys with them and we found it very insecure. The door of our room were almost broken and we were afraid that someone could break in. Other low point was the sheets that were very old and broken.

• 3rd Apr 2014