City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

Very recommendable.

Very clean and a variety of amenities were available. Transportation pass included was a huge bonus!!

• 16th Jan 2015

The reception was available only within certain hours which made it difficult to solve any issues, ask questions or leave/arrive outside these hours. The rooms are very small and I saw only two showers for the entire floor, which contains many multiple room-mates rooms. There are also only 3 toilettes for too many people. Two of them turned nonfunctional by the end of the day, and the third impossible to use due to very poor hygiene. The time-passing room was small and noisy (many people).

Location is OK, there is a kitchen which is avaliable until 11pm. The hostel is good for Geneve.Therefore, if it is compared to other city hostels, it does not worth the money.

WIFI WORKS PERFECTLY. Please note the reception opening time though. FROM 7:30-12:00,13:00-24:00 midnight.

除了没有电梯需要搬着大箱子上楼梯有点累之外,其他还是很不错的。走大约十分钟可以到湖边,离火车站也挺近,拖着大箱子也不会觉得特别费劲。个人觉得合住房间足够大了,所以我是属于不太挑剔的那群人?

• 11th Jan 2015
  • China

Expensive for what you get, but hey it's switzerland, everything is expensive. Beds are comfortable showers are really nice. Good location to catch trains!

Very corporate vibe. No locks provided. Towels have to be rented. Bed has to be made yourself and linen returned at the end. Location close to train station but not to main attractions. Good wifi. This was the cheapest hostel I could find on short notice, but much more expensive than a hostel of this quality in another city. Geneva is very expensive in general.

Great clean hostel, perfect for an alternative to a hotel for a few nights. Wouldn't recommend for large young groups as not many big events organised etc, but great for a few nights rest! Highly recommended

• 6th Jan 2015

Great Hostel, The amenities could be cleaner though

No frills hotel basically. Rooms were large with good security for valuables etc. atmosphere was like a morgue. Geneva is awful for any cultural stuff. It's boring in general. The hostel is good for having a sleep and shower and that's it. Certainly not a party hostel by any means.

• 2nd Jan 2015

The reception hours are a bit ridiculous. It doesn't open until 7.30am and myself plus other guests need to catch trains to get to other destinations. We had a charger that we had borrowed from the reception, leaving behind a 10 euro bond which we couldn't get back because we had to leave before 7.30am. Its too late for a hostel reception!!! Should open at 6am!

Very accommodating

• 31st Dec 2014

I stayed there only for one night to allow me to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen for more than 3years. This hostel is very well located, a few minutes away from the main Train Station. Close to the lac and all shops and Bars. In the City, the Cathedral and the walk along the lac as well as around the Old Town is a must see... I was pleased to discover that this hostel has a Garage where I could park my car for the time being. The hostel has all we need.. It's probably one of the best! Tks

High price compared to hostels in any other european countries, but one of the best hostel i have stayed. Highly recommentable. A little complain that the socket beside my bed always slipped my NEXUS 4 s phone charger.

Kudos to the staff for being exceptionally helpful and funny; love the souvenirs - especially the choccie bulk!

i liked very much every thing.

• 24th Dec 2014

Perfect for what we needed, the beds were very comfortable. Could have done without propellingoutside the front door but I wouldn't hold that against the hostel.

Wifi works great! Super clean! Very close to train station and other points of interest. Staff was friendly and helpful- able to answer all of my questions! Atmosphere was a bit quiet, but I appreciated it. Towels and free public transport pass included!

The hostel was really clean, close to the train station and within short walking distance to the main city centre. Really good hostel and we got an upgrade from a 3 bed mixed dorm to a private double... Don't know of that was an accident but we didn't say anything. The only negatives were the kitchen was super small, only 2 people can cook at a time and the staff weren't the nicest bunch and could've been more helpful. Other than that I would definitely recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5