City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

1933 Total Reviews

This hostel is a very clean place and is located right on the tram line that goes to the train station and the UN building. The only negatives were poor WiFi in my room (I used it in the lobby) and no breakfast. Would stay here again!

It was convienent located within walking distance of the main train station. The staff were very kind and helpful. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and if I'm ever in Geneva again, I would definitely stay at City Hostel!

• 23rd Aug 2014

The hostel was good and had a good location (10min walk from the train station and close to a tram-stop to the UN and Red Cross Museum). The staff was really nice and hepful. Not ideal for those looking for a fun hostel. A lot of people were working and there was no interaction with other guests. Computer on the basement was REALLY slow (good wifi available thought). The kitchen is really small, but not so used (was always empty). Some showers didnt have a place for you to put your clothes.

An upscale hostel! Very comfortable. Good location to reach all attractions by foot or by tram. Good dining area with supermarkets, restaurants and Cafeterias. Great value !

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Colombia
  • Couple, 41+

decent hostel thats in the centre of town, lacks atmosphere nut overall its not too bad.

We enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back one day. Merci!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

A bit expensive for a hostel point of view. May be this is normal in Switzerland. The only concern for me was the beds. I booked a private room with two single beds which I was thinking of two separate beds but I got a bunk bed in the end.

The room was the cheapest I could find at the time but it was still the most expensive hotel I ever stayed at in Europe. It was my first time using shared bathroom and it wasn't a pleasent try. The hostel was so close to the road that it was too loud that I couldn't sleep when I don't close the window, and its too hot if I close it. The room was okay but I didn't sleep well there.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • China

I was only here for a night and it was a perfectly fine place. However it sort of has a big, impersonal feel to it so if you're planning a stay more than a couple of nights I would look elsewhere.

Great place, very close to the main station.

Good place to stay for the night. Definitely has more of that factory hostel feel in that it seems pretty big. That wasn't a problem, just an observation. Big lockers for day storage. Fridges actually have individual lockers inside of them too which is a first I've seen that. Internet is good. Location isn't great but isn't awful either. You can walk or take the tram 10 minutes into the centre. Also don't forget about the boat rides as they are part of the free transportation.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, it is very central and clean. Geneve is a very expensive city and this hostels price is acceptable. If I go to Geneve again, I will definitely stay here!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

This is a nice hostel, there are few things that I didn't pay attention when I was booking is the curfew details, anyway when you have the key it's ok. The bedroom is a bit small for me but anyway it's fine. Also they close the kitchen nigth time it's a bit disappointing, the atmosphere is more likely to hotel than hostel, but the cleanliness and location is amazing and very valuable.

Nice place to stay. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Had a private room and was a bit expensive for what it was, but overall it was a good really nice and comfortable stay!

Could only book the privat room online. When arriving the dorm was still available..

I had a fantastic time here. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The wifi is excellent as you have connection in your room.

• 30th Jul 2014

Good location, 15 min from the train station. The area, however, seems quite sketchy at night. The hostel itself is neat and we couldn't ask for more at this price.

Very clean and tidy. Loved the common area downstairs. Kitchen was good, just the fridges weren't very cold. Easy to find and great location. I loved that we got free transport around Geneva by staying at the hostel. Quiet area so great for sleeping.

Very well managed hostel but I wish it had breakfast facilities because that is always a good social interaction point. The location was very good, just 5 minutes walk to the main train station ( Cornavin ) and even less to the tram stop ( and all travel is free ).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4