City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

1918 Total Reviews

We enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back one day. Merci!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

A bit expensive for a hostel point of view. May be this is normal in Switzerland. The only concern for me was the beds. I booked a private room with two single beds which I was thinking of two separate beds but I got a bunk bed in the end.

I was only here for a night and it was a perfectly fine place. However it sort of has a big, impersonal feel to it so if you're planning a stay more than a couple of nights I would look elsewhere.

Great place, very close to the main station.

Good place to stay for the night. Definitely has more of that factory hostel feel in that it seems pretty big. That wasn't a problem, just an observation. Big lockers for day storage. Fridges actually have individual lockers inside of them too which is a first I've seen that. Internet is good. Location isn't great but isn't awful either. You can walk or take the tram 10 minutes into the centre. Also don't forget about the boat rides as they are part of the free transportation.

This is a nice hostel, there are few things that I didn't pay attention when I was booking is the curfew details, anyway when you have the key it's ok. The bedroom is a bit small for me but anyway it's fine. Also they close the kitchen nigth time it's a bit disappointing, the atmosphere is more likely to hotel than hostel, but the cleanliness and location is amazing and very valuable.

Nice place to stay. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Had a private room and was a bit expensive for what it was, but overall it was a good really nice and comfortable stay!

Could only book the privat room online. When arriving the dorm was still available..

I had a fantastic time here. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The wifi is excellent as you have connection in your room.

• 30th Jul 2014

Good location, 15 min from the train station. The area, however, seems quite sketchy at night. The hostel itself is neat and we couldn't ask for more at this price.

Very clean and tidy. Loved the common area downstairs. Kitchen was good, just the fridges weren't very cold. Easy to find and great location. I loved that we got free transport around Geneva by staying at the hostel. Quiet area so great for sleeping.

Very well managed hostel but I wish it had breakfast facilities because that is always a good social interaction point. The location was very good, just 5 minutes walk to the main train station ( Cornavin ) and even less to the tram stop ( and all travel is free ).

Geneva is an expensive place, so it is nice to have a hostel like this, located near the train station. The hostel is very well organized with very nice and helpful staff. It is clean and the kitchen is organized and easy to use?

• 13th Jul 2014

A clean, secure, place with comfortable beds. The staff are great, really helpful and they speak great English. I would definitely use again if staying in Geneva.

perfect location, bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and tidy. staff are nice and helpful price is reasonable best hostel ever!!

Short walk from the train station and very close to shops and food. Everything was clean, beds were very nice and I received a travel card when I arrived that worked for the whole day. Small room and small kitchen but everything worked. Also they have a nice area to relax downstairs.

Nice place, but no real social atmosphere. However, Geneva doesn't seem to be that vibrant of a city. The hostel has a great location near the train station and the free transport card was a plus.

No free breakfast? and a bad map of the city, for the price I paid I expected a lot more.

Stayed here for one night on our way to the South of France and everything about it was fine. It is a large hostel with a lot of people and has a very 'hotel' feel to it. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, and bathrooms were clean so it was suitable for an overnight stay. Also seems to be pretty centrally located with a 20-25 minute walk to old town, and about 15 minutes to the central station.

« first « Prev 1 2 3