City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

Geneva is an expensive place, so it is nice to have a hostel like this, located near the train station. The hostel is very well organized with very nice and helpful staff. It is clean and the kitchen is organized and easy to use?

• 13th Jul 2014

A clean, secure, place with comfortable beds. The staff are great, really helpful and they speak great English. I would definitely use again if staying in Geneva.

perfect location, bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and tidy. staff are nice and helpful price is reasonable best hostel ever!!

Short walk from the train station and very close to shops and food. Everything was clean, beds were very nice and I received a travel card when I arrived that worked for the whole day. Small room and small kitchen but everything worked. Also they have a nice area to relax downstairs.

Nice place, but no real social atmosphere. However, Geneva doesn't seem to be that vibrant of a city. The hostel has a great location near the train station and the free transport card was a plus.

No free breakfast? and a bad map of the city, for the price I paid I expected a lot more.

Stayed here for one night on our way to the South of France and everything about it was fine. It is a large hostel with a lot of people and has a very 'hotel' feel to it. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, and bathrooms were clean so it was suitable for an overnight stay. Also seems to be pretty centrally located with a 20-25 minute walk to old town, and about 15 minutes to the central station.

A lovely hostel in a very good location near the train station.

Another huge hostel in Switzerland that feels more like a hospital. Not much of a vibe and not a lot of help from the staff. Of course ask a question and you'll get an answer at least. My dorm door was broken and sometimes would not open (you almost had to kick it in, meaning wake everyone in the room every time someone enters and leaves. Kitchen facilities were not adequate for the volume of people

Great place to stay, close to train station, good value for money. We had a nice room. The staff was friendly. I would stay there again.

Very good hostel, extremely clean! We loved our stay and would 100% recommend this hostel. The only personal issue I felt brought the experience down was the lack of safe in our room. This would have made the security extra good and it would have given us peace of mind throughout. Other than that, very few complaints. A great place to stay!

• 16th Jun 2014

We had booked 2 bed shared bathroom but we did not expect bed to be double decker. It was very hot in Geneva and the fan was not even enough to cool one bed. Rooms were also very small though it was very near to central railway station.

I stayed at both the City Hostel Geneva and Youthhostel Geneva and from my experiences I thought that this hostel had much more helpful staff and a better location nearer to the station, but Youthhostel Geneva had a good breakfast included, and more spacious rooms. So it depends what you value more...

It is close to main train station, just abt 10mins walk. Close to the lake as well. Coop, Migros and Lidl supermarket nearby. Staff are nice and helpful. My room, bathroom, toilets are so clean. Everything is just so good organized and arranged. Got lockers inside the fridge. Haha I feel so safe for my food. The price is okay in expensive switzerland. The free transport card, free WIFI, and the lift do help me a lot. It is a good hostel overall. Thanks.

Some curtains on the windows would have been nice.

• 30th May 2014

Very expensive.

Thank you for wonderful stay in Geneva...Your staff was excellent...I single out the Reception especially...courteous kind concerned...I had lost or stolen my Visa card...I had remaining American Express card left...Your staff referred me to Bank Migros on Mont Blanc who contacted American Express to stop payments on lost Visa immediately...Took only 30 minutes! Thank you again...Will be back in a year! Definitely!

• 19th May 2014

Fantastic tourist information at the reception desk, very clean rooms and facilities, comfortable beds and excellent location. It was perfect for us and would definitely recommend.

I didn't like the lockers in the fridge. I'm used to bring food and put a name tag on it.

It's the best hostel I've stay. Just a bit expensive but fine in this city.

« first « Prev 1 2 3