City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

Much too expensive for what is offered. They should provide free breakfast

Pleasant stay. A nice quiet hostel that's very close to the train station, with some decent restaurants and a supermarket nearby.

• 31st Aug 2015

Stayed there for a night. Value was utter bad-- maybe that's Geneva prices, but it's still a backpackers hostel. When paying so much I at least expected friendly and helpful staff, but instead I was met by a robot. Hotel like atmosphere and they charge 10 francs to use the self service laundry machines. Wifi service was virtually non existent at night.

Very well-run hostel.

Nice, clean,very central

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel. Very good location. Very near to the train station and you can walk to the main attractions (Lac Léman and Horloge Fleuri).

On the floor I stayed there wasn't enough showers and toilettes for all the people on that floor.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Whereas the hostel is very centrally located just 5 minutes walk from the central train station and in general was clean and had ok facilities, the attitude from the staff leaves a lot to wish for! On arrival, the guy in the reception could barely say hello and wasn't really helpful. I saw the same behaviour when other people were checking in. In general all the staff I met in the hostel, all looked like they literally hated their job.

The mattress was terrible and my back suffered a lot. I slept on the floor most of the time. The rest of things were good.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Spain

City Hostel Geneva is a great place to stay. My girlfriend and I stayed in a double twin private which had its own sink. The room was immaculately clean and had a nice window. It also had a fan to keep cool and a spacious closet/table for eating. The bathrooms are disjointed but also very clean and easily accessible. The location is a little far from the main attractions but easily accessible from the train station. Definitely a great place!

Not a very sociable hostel but the bed was comfy! I was lucky enough that my room mates spoke English and all travelling solo so that was nice. Switzerland is a very expensive country. The showers were a bit hit and miss. Did not have a bad time just stayed in better.

E Great staff. Very helpful. Nice accommodations. Would stay there again.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great location, staff, very clean

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed at. The atmosphere was really friendly, but the staff is what set it apart. Milito and Angel was in particular were awesome. Milito actually invited us to climb with him on his time off which is exceptionally considerate. He also helped us plan an unconventional snorkling trip that he had to reaserch. Millito and Angel made you feel like family even though we had only just met. You guys have a superior set up at hostel one paralelelo. Don't change!

This hostel is brilliant. It's so well organized and detailed that they even have lockers in the fridges! Very clean, plenty of showers, toilets, sinks, only 3 or 4 beds to a dorm, and good atmosphere in the kitchens. Plus they give you a free transport card for the city. If you're thinking of opening a hostel, go study this place to see how to be super efficient.

I thought the check in/payment process was unclear. I arrived to the hostel to find I owed twice as much as I thought I was going to owe. That throws a girl who's traveling for a loop

This was a clean comfortable place to sleep but, though it may have just been the group while I was there, I didn't feel like it was a place I could make friends easily. As a solo traveller that is great.

Super safe and clean hostel within a 10-minute walk from the Geneva train station. I would definitely stay here again.

Oh dear.... No AC in room during heat wave. The stuff looked like they wanted to commit sucide. Only hostel in Geneva unfortunately

Excellent location to go walking or by tram/bus everywhere. It was well organized and very quiet, people was very respectful. Everything was clean. The rooms, although small, were comfortable. There were padlocks you can borrow at the reception (I forgot take one with me). Also keys for the lockable fridge were at the reception and cooking utensils in the kitchen. The staff was nice and they help me in everything I need. The only problem for me was the heat. However I would return undoubtedly.

• 4th Aug 2015