City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

2026 Total Reviews

Another huge hostel in Switzerland that feels more like a hospital. Not much of a vibe and not a lot of help from the staff. Of course ask a question and you'll get an answer at least. My dorm door was broken and sometimes would not open (you almost had to kick it in, meaning wake everyone in the room every time someone enters and leaves. Kitchen facilities were not adequate for the volume of people

Great place to stay, close to train station, good value for money. We had a nice room. The staff was friendly. I would stay there again.

Very good hostel, extremely clean! We loved our stay and would 100% recommend this hostel. The only personal issue I felt brought the experience down was the lack of safe in our room. This would have made the security extra good and it would have given us peace of mind throughout. Other than that, very few complaints. A great place to stay!

• 16th Jun 2014

We had booked 2 bed shared bathroom but we did not expect bed to be double decker. It was very hot in Geneva and the fan was not even enough to cool one bed. Rooms were also very small though it was very near to central railway station.

I stayed at both the City Hostel Geneva and Youthhostel Geneva and from my experiences I thought that this hostel had much more helpful staff and a better location nearer to the station, but Youthhostel Geneva had a good breakfast included, and more spacious rooms. So it depends what you value more...

It is close to main train station, just abt 10mins walk. Close to the lake as well. Coop, Migros and Lidl supermarket nearby. Staff are nice and helpful. My room, bathroom, toilets are so clean. Everything is just so good organized and arranged. Got lockers inside the fridge. Haha I feel so safe for my food. The price is okay in expensive switzerland. The free transport card, free WIFI, and the lift do help me a lot. It is a good hostel overall. Thanks.

Some curtains on the windows would have been nice.

• 30th May 2014