City Hostel Geneva Reviews

2 rue Ferrier, 1202 Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland

awesome hostel! Always stay at this one instead of the other horrible one nearby.

The hostel is very clean and well maintained. Though the location is a bit noisy, especially in the early hours with bin collectors and their dustcart, it is a really a nice place to stay The chap @ the reception is really helpful and "Très Sympa". I'm going there again next week and will always do!. Thanks

• 2nd Sep 2015

Much too expensive for what is offered. They should provide free breakfast

Pleasant stay. A nice quiet hostel that's very close to the train station, with some decent restaurants and a supermarket nearby.

Stayed there for a night. Value was utter bad-- maybe that's Geneva prices, but it's still a backpackers hostel. When paying so much I at least expected friendly and helpful staff, but instead I was met by a robot. Hotel like atmosphere and they charge 10 francs to use the self service laundry machines. Wifi service was virtually non existent at night.

Very well-run hostel.

Nice, clean,very central

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Good hostel. Very good location. Very near to the train station and you can walk to the main attractions (Lac Léman and Horloge Fleuri).

I loved my staying at the City Hostel Geneva. I would recommend it to everyone, and will certainly stay there again, whenever I'm back to Geneva.

On the floor I stayed there wasn't enough showers and toilettes for all the people on that floor.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Very comfortable hostel in Geneva. There is not a lot of atmosphere in the hostel, as for the city.

We had a brilliant stay and were very pleased with the hostel. The kitchen, laundry and lounge had everything we needed (and more) and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The lift was useful, and the fan in the room as it was a very hot week! As were the tourist information booklets etc in the lobby. I will be back (when I can afford Switzerland again)!

Whereas the hostel is very centrally located just 5 minutes walk from the central train station and in general was clean and had ok facilities, the attitude from the staff leaves a lot to wish for! On arrival, the guy in the reception could barely say hello and wasn't really helpful. I saw the same behaviour when other people were checking in. In general all the staff I met in the hostel, all looked like they literally hated their job.

The mattress was terrible and my back suffered a lot. I slept on the floor most of the time. The rest of things were good.

City Hostel Geneva is a great place to stay. My girlfriend and I stayed in a double twin private which had its own sink. The room was immaculately clean and had a nice window. It also had a fan to keep cool and a spacious closet/table for eating. The bathrooms are disjointed but also very clean and easily accessible. The location is a little far from the main attractions but easily accessible from the train station. Definitely a great place!

Not a very sociable hostel but the bed was comfy! I was lucky enough that my room mates spoke English and all travelling solo so that was nice. Switzerland is a very expensive country. The showers were a bit hit and miss. Did not have a bad time just stayed in better.

E Great staff. Very helpful. Nice accommodations. Would stay there again.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great location, staff, very clean

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed at. The atmosphere was really friendly, but the staff is what set it apart. Milito and Angel was in particular were awesome. Milito actually invited us to climb with him on his time off which is exceptionally considerate. He also helped us plan an unconventional snorkling trip that he had to reaserch. Millito and Angel made you feel like family even though we had only just met. You guys have a superior set up at hostel one paralelelo. Don't change!

This hostel is brilliant. It's so well organized and detailed that they even have lockers in the fridges! Very clean, plenty of showers, toilets, sinks, only 3 or 4 beds to a dorm, and good atmosphere in the kitchens. Plus they give you a free transport card for the city. If you're thinking of opening a hostel, go study this place to see how to be super efficient.