City Hostel Nürnberg Reviews

Klaragasse 12, Nuremberg, Germany

It isn't a bad place, if you want just have a bed for the night, but don't expect to much luxary. It was cheap and and was what i needed. =)

• 4th Apr 2014

Great location. Rooms are big enough although if multiple people are packing at the same time it gets crowded. Triple bunk bed isn't awesome but the bed itself is pretty comfy. Showers leave a little to be desired and the kitchen is very small. 2 people can't really cook at the same time. If you aren't planning on spending time in the hostel then it's a fine place but no real place to hang out with people

非常好的住宿经历!我住的是6人间,和其他青旅比起来,房间相当宽敞,非常干净。位置极佳,离日耳曼博物馆很近,附近吃东西的地方也很多。下次还会选择这一家!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • China

The City hostel is pretty central. We had lots of adults in our room, which is quite unusual for a hostel and made the stay very strange. So basically no young people. The rooms and toilets are poor. Mattresses are hard and not clean. No lockers. Toilets smell of emiction.

• 7th Mar 2014

This is possibly one of the best hostels I have frequented in Europe. The location is perfect, there is a great atmosphere from staff and guests and it has by far the best shower I have ever come across in my time travelling the world. If you visit Nurnberg, stay no where else.

It was great

• 24th Feb 2014
  • Poland

The owner smoking at the desk (and the whole corridor smelling of smoke) is what made me give the staff an average score, sorry mate. The place is okay for the price, but there is a lot of room for improvement, especcially the toilets, showers, kitchen tools and the totally not cozy reclining area.

• 30th Jan 2014

Very good central location. Room and public spaces well cleaned and maintained. Helpful and available staff. However the heating is weak throughout the day and then completely shuts off from around midnight-early morning, making it very cold nights sleep. Kitchen seems a bit small for the number of people in the hostel. Dining room feels a little gloomy. Could use larger tables and more ordinary tables/chairs to possibly help improve the atmosphiere of the only public space.

It was at the center, and the people were nice. But I had to pay for wifi, and it was so cold during the night. Except for these, it was okay to me.

Hostel smelt of cigarette smoke.

Perfect location, great staffs and very nice facilities. It only needs 5 minutes on foot from Nürnberg Hbf to the hostel. I really enjoyed the time there.

the dorm was a bit squeezy

The light in the shower room always turns off. I took a shower in darkness.

The lights in the hallway was so dark and made me feel insecurity, and the other unacceptable point for me is that here was NO free-Wifi.

I would definitely recommend this hostel. It takes only a few minuts walking from the train station. Very easy to find. It is located in a safe area, in the way to the city center. Very helpful and friendly staff. The room and common areas were clean and I really appreciated the fact that the hostel provided tea and coffee all day long, as well as having a fully equipped kitchen.

Great place to stay. Family run I believe and they're very lovely. Central location (right in the centre!). Really lovely showers and bathrooms. Very clean. Rooms are large. Recommended!

It was so lovely to stay in the hostel. The triple room that we had was very comfortable and we all slept well! The location of the hostel was amazing as we could get to the Christmas market very quickly and easily.

• 13th Dec 2013

The rooms were overbooked (because of Christmas market season), so 8 people had to sleep in a 6-bed room. Unfortunately, no discount for the overbooking. Instead: an unfriendly reaction at the reception.

• 7th Dec 2013

Very nice hostel, clean rooms, and excellent location. However, the sound-proofing in the hostel is very poor, and I would definitely not recommend it for anyone that is sensitive to noise. During our stay (in a twin private) earplugs were absolutely neccessary and only somewhat effective against the very loud banging of doors and noisy plumbing. Despite this it was a lovely hostel; for moderate to heavy sleepers it should be fine.

• 4th Dec 2013

city hostel nurnberg was not bad. in particular, its location was good. but there's no free wifi service and no elevator. it made me inconvenient. also, i felt very cold at my room.

• 4th Dec 2013