City Hostel Nürnberg Reviews

Klaragasse 12, Nuremberg, Germany

Although the staff wasn't very communicative, it was a really nice stay. The atmosphere was great and the kitchen has everything you could need.

The best part of the hostel is the location. Close to beautiful churches, the imperial castle and museums. The man at the front desk is not really friendly though he will answer any questions that you ask, but it felt as if he was being inconvenienced at times. No real atmosphere here. Glad it was only one night.

Good kitchen. It says 3 mins from station but no other indication where

The Wifi had to be paid for separately, and hourly. The hostel was in a great location but the atmosphere was lacking and the facilities were in poor condition.

• 17th Jul 2014

It was a good hostel. The rooms are big. The atmosphere is so-so. Not too many people chill in the common room (dining room rather). One lady at the reception really helped me out! I would stay there again! :)

Wifi at 3 euros per hour ? Go to city Hostel Nürnberg :)

Never before have I experienced worse customer service. My friend and I arrived at 1.55pm, exhausted and sweaty. After climbing the two flights of stairs to reception with our backpacks on our backs, we were told that check in time was 2.00pm - no exceptions, and that we needed to find somewhere other than reception to wait out the 5 minutes. To make matters worse, after taking a nap and then spending the night in my 6 bed dorm, I found myself covered in painful, swollen, itchy bed bug bites.

• 15th Jul 2014

The toilets don't flush well, the motion detector lights don't wll, leaving the halls dark and creepy, and they charge for wifi. Otherwise this was a good hostel. The location is excellent. It's in the heart of Nuremberg and less than ten minutes from the train station. I had a great time. (There's also an amazing comic/game shop around the corner if you like that stuff.)

Good hostel. Clean and quiet. The staff is nice and the location is very good. Negative point: you have to pay if you want to use the internet..

Not really any food provided as part of what you pay.

(+) Exceptional location, great staff and decent rooms. Enough security and nice enough atmosphere. Okay value for money. (-) Charge for the wifi? that seems a little rough nowadays in a hostel. Also no soap in the bedrooms... that was annoying. Also potentially a lot of noise from the street outside, it was fine in our room, but others complained.

Nice hostel with excellent location. We were only for one night but we had great time.

I'd like to thank the host and the staff for their hospitality, kindness and assistance they provided me with at any time, making my stay in Nürnberg a wonderful experience :). I will also keep in my memories all the amazing people with whom I had the pleasure to share the room :D. I don't know many places that feel like home - away from home ;) - but City Hostel Nürnberg is most certainly one of them

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The hostel is located in a noisy street and therefore it is difficult to sleep at night because of teh noise. The atmosphere of the hostel is not nice and there is a lack of common room just to sit and relax. There is no free wifi, which I find inadmissible these days. The price of a bed is cheap but for this price I've stayed in much more better hostels. I will no recommend this hostels despite its excellent location.

There are not a lot of options in Nuremberg and for this to be the cheapest, it is very decent. It is very well located, and has an awesome kitchen. The rooms are ok, and the rest of the hostel is plain simple.

Perfect! The hostel is very nice, the staff are very friendly, clean toilets, safe environment, great location, near the Hauptbanhoof Station

It's a solid good hostel but doesn't really stand out that much. The kitchen is extremely well equipped! Wifi costs but there is a huge tv in the common room. I met a few really great people there but all in all I thought it was hard to make friends there, because there never was anyone hanging out in the common room. There is a sportsbar downstairs and everynighht here is incredible noise coming from the streets.

Good deal, wifi 5€/week, perfect kitchen with large fridge space, lot of lockers space. But a pub near by and i needed earplugs each night...

Dorm beds are decent, and there's lockers in your room and just outside your room (and a free luggage room). Fully equipped kitchen and everything is pretty clean. Also quite close to the train and bus station. But the wi-fi is not free (it is fast though).

First impressions weren't great - the place only has a small sign above a small entrance way which made it hard to find. On arriving the first thing we noticed was that it stank of smoke! The guy on the check-in desk was friendly enough - when we asked about parking we were sent a good 5 - 10 min walk away to park outside a museum. The room was very good for the price and very clean as was the bathroom. The kitchen and chill areas were very nice too. Overall, pretty good! Wi-Fi an additional €5

• 22nd Apr 2014