City Hostel Nürnberg Reviews

Klaragasse 12, Nuremberg, Germany

The location is excellent cause it near the train station and also the city center. But it's not free to get onto the internet which surprised me.

A great location! Right in the old town centre. Not a great place to socialise with other guests as it is not a very young crowd staying. Staff were helpful a great place to stay for a couple of days but not for any longer.

It was an ok hostel but the craziest thing was I think it cost 5Eu for the wifi! All I did was go to starbucks around the corner for free! There was also only two bathrooms on my floor for about 6 or more rooms. But the staff (even the german staff) were friendly, it was clean and in a good location.

• 5th Sep 2014

This was a great stay for us. The location is a short walk to the Hauptbahnhof. It was in the middle of the city with many shops and places to eat. I would stay here again.

• 30th Aug 2014

Average, cheap hostel. Good location. Good cheap price.

Very centrally located, but really crappy showers, two hobos living I the common room counting their change all day and really unfriendly staff...

It is not a warmful hostel there is only one common room and it is poorly fitted. Plus there are very few electric plugs in the rooms which is not convenient. Wifi is not included which makes this hostel quite expensive. I don't recommend this hostel.

We weren't able to use the room we had booked because we were late (and we weren't aware of that fact, so we found ourselves at 11 p.m without a room). Though it was enterely our falt, the manager was quite useless and I think he could have managed the situation other way. Besides, we spoke with another clients there and they told us that the manager wasn't really nice to them either. So I can't really give an opinion about the hostel but I must say we won't be back there if we ever visit the

The dorms were comfortable. The person at the counter was very helpful. No problems with cleanliness. The only downside I found was the extra charge for the wifi. Free wifi would make the stay complete.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • India

Does the job. Small kitchen (with silly breakfast you must pay for). Sockets hard to come by in room. Toilets and showers not the best, but functional. Very non-private though. Location fantastic, close to station and in the centre of Nuremberg. Very noisy however. Also, 9 bed dorm has 3 tier bunks, so if you don't like heights maybe ask for a ground level bunk.

Overall nice, clean, secure, a bit anonymous. Wifi could be free. Nice central location on a not to busy street.

The staff was always smiling and friendly. Very close to HBF station! Clean, simple, and safe as the room doors only opened with electronic key. Breakfast and wifi were not free but purchasing them individually still kept you under 25 euro a night. Excellent value. Would definitely stay here again.

great location in the center, however avoid rooms close to the toilet room as the acoustic isolation is pretty poor.

It is very near to train station and comfortable room

They had quite friendly staff and were very clean. The kitchen was really good organised. Also there were safes in the rooms.

• 26th Jul 2014

I just stayed there one night and well, for a night it was fine. But I would not consider staying there for longer. The hostel is located in a small old house in the pittoresque city center so that's really cool BUT it's just in a bars and pubs area. So it was noisy all night long and I had a hard time to fall asleep even being tired. Well, the window was open yeah but it was a hot summer day and the room supersmall and without any type of air condition. Pretty hot otherwise. Showers were clean.

Staff were great when checking in, helpful and friendly. Great location especially if arriving to Nuremberg by train. The hostel had everything you needed but I didn't enjoy my stay because a big group of young students were staying and made noise all night, not the fault of the hostel though.

Although the staff wasn't very communicative, it was a really nice stay. The atmosphere was great and the kitchen has everything you could need.

The best part of the hostel is the location. Close to beautiful churches, the imperial castle and museums. The man at the front desk is not really friendly though he will answer any questions that you ask, but it felt as if he was being inconvenienced at times. No real atmosphere here. Glad it was only one night.

Good kitchen. It says 3 mins from station but no other indication where