City Hostel Nürnberg Reviews

Klaragasse 12, Nuremberg, Germany

Good kitchen. It says 3 mins from station but no other indication where

The Wifi had to be paid for separately, and hourly. The hostel was in a great location but the atmosphere was lacking and the facilities were in poor condition.

• 17th Jul 2014

It was a good hostel. The rooms are big. The atmosphere is so-so. Not too many people chill in the common room (dining room rather). One lady at the reception really helped me out! I would stay there again! :)

The toilets don't flush well, the motion detector lights don't wll, leaving the halls dark and creepy, and they charge for wifi. Otherwise this was a good hostel. The location is excellent. It's in the heart of Nuremberg and less than ten minutes from the train station. I had a great time. (There's also an amazing comic/game shop around the corner if you like that stuff.)

Not really any food provided as part of what you pay.

(+) Exceptional location, great staff and decent rooms. Enough security and nice enough atmosphere. Okay value for money. (-) Charge for the wifi? that seems a little rough nowadays in a hostel. Also no soap in the bedrooms... that was annoying. Also potentially a lot of noise from the street outside, it was fine in our room, but others complained.

I'd like to thank the host and the staff for their hospitality, kindness and assistance they provided me with at any time, making my stay in Nürnberg a wonderful experience :). I will also keep in my memories all the amazing people with whom I had the pleasure to share the room :D. I don't know many places that feel like home - away from home ;) - but City Hostel Nürnberg is most certainly one of them

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The hostel is located in a noisy street and therefore it is difficult to sleep at night because of teh noise. The atmosphere of the hostel is not nice and there is a lack of common room just to sit and relax. There is no free wifi, which I find inadmissible these days. The price of a bed is cheap but for this price I've stayed in much more better hostels. I will no recommend this hostels despite its excellent location.

There are not a lot of options in Nuremberg and for this to be the cheapest, it is very decent. It is very well located, and has an awesome kitchen. The rooms are ok, and the rest of the hostel is plain simple.

Perfect! The hostel is very nice, the staff are very friendly, clean toilets, safe environment, great location, near the Hauptbanhoof Station

It's a solid good hostel but doesn't really stand out that much. The kitchen is extremely well equipped! Wifi costs but there is a huge tv in the common room. I met a few really great people there but all in all I thought it was hard to make friends there, because there never was anyone hanging out in the common room. There is a sportsbar downstairs and everynighht here is incredible noise coming from the streets.

Good deal, wifi 5€/week, perfect kitchen with large fridge space, lot of lockers space. But a pub near by and i needed earplugs each night...

Dorm beds are decent, and there's lockers in your room and just outside your room (and a free luggage room). Fully equipped kitchen and everything is pretty clean. Also quite close to the train and bus station. But the wi-fi is not free (it is fast though).

First impressions weren't great - the place only has a small sign above a small entrance way which made it hard to find. On arriving the first thing we noticed was that it stank of smoke! The guy on the check-in desk was friendly enough - when we asked about parking we were sent a good 5 - 10 min walk away to park outside a museum. The room was very good for the price and very clean as was the bathroom. The kitchen and chill areas were very nice too. Overall, pretty good! Wi-Fi an additional €5

• 22nd Apr 2014

THe hostel was very clean and in the center of the old town of Nuremberg. It was in the perfect location. However, wifi was not free, which was a downer because it was very hard to find wifi in Nuremberg. However, a small cafe and Starbucks are around the area.

Uncomfortable beds, dirty rooms, loud and obnoxious area, no breakfast offered. I arrived a little late and the receptionist wasn't at all welcoming. She didn't see my reservation and when I say I will show you online, (this is before I have checked in), she is quick to snap "You have to pay for the Wifi" which is stupid because it would have taken 2 minutes to show her.

• 6th Apr 2014

It isn't a bad place, if you want just have a bed for the night, but don't expect to much luxary. It was cheap and and was what i needed. =)

• 4th Apr 2014

Great location. Rooms are big enough although if multiple people are packing at the same time it gets crowded. Triple bunk bed isn't awesome but the bed itself is pretty comfy. Showers leave a little to be desired and the kitchen is very small. 2 people can't really cook at the same time. If you aren't planning on spending time in the hostel then it's a fine place but no real place to hang out with people

非常好的住宿经历!我住的是6人间,和其他青旅比起来,房间相当宽敞,非常干净。位置极佳,离日耳曼博物馆很近,附近吃东西的地方也很多。下次还会选择这一家!

• 15th Mar 2014
  • China

The City hostel is pretty central. We had lots of adults in our room, which is quite unusual for a hostel and made the stay very strange. So basically no young people. The rooms and toilets are poor. Mattresses are hard and not clean. No lockers. Toilets smell of emiction.

• 7th Mar 2014