City Hostel Nürnberg Reviews

Klaragasse 12, Nuremberg, Germany

Very centrally located, but really crappy showers, two hobos living I the common room counting their change all day and really unfriendly staff...

It is not a warmful hostel there is only one common room and it is poorly fitted. Plus there are very few electric plugs in the rooms which is not convenient. Wifi is not included which makes this hostel quite expensive. I don't recommend this hostel.

We weren't able to use the room we had booked because we were late (and we weren't aware of that fact, so we found ourselves at 11 p.m without a room). Though it was enterely our falt, the manager was quite useless and I think he could have managed the situation other way. Besides, we spoke with another clients there and they told us that the manager wasn't really nice to them either. So I can't really give an opinion about the hostel but I must say we won't be back there if we ever visit the

The dorms were comfortable. The person at the counter was very helpful. No problems with cleanliness. The only downside I found was the extra charge for the wifi. Free wifi would make the stay complete.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • India

Does the job. Small kitchen (with silly breakfast you must pay for). Sockets hard to come by in room. Toilets and showers not the best, but functional. Very non-private though. Location fantastic, close to station and in the centre of Nuremberg. Very noisy however. Also, 9 bed dorm has 3 tier bunks, so if you don't like heights maybe ask for a ground level bunk.

Overall nice, clean, secure, a bit anonymous. Wifi could be free. Nice central location on a not to busy street.

The staff was always smiling and friendly. Very close to HBF station! Clean, simple, and safe as the room doors only opened with electronic key. Breakfast and wifi were not free but purchasing them individually still kept you under 25 euro a night. Excellent value. Would definitely stay here again.

great location in the center, however avoid rooms close to the toilet room as the acoustic isolation is pretty poor.

It is very near to train station and comfortable room

They had quite friendly staff and were very clean. The kitchen was really good organised. Also there were safes in the rooms.

• 26th Jul 2014

I just stayed there one night and well, for a night it was fine. But I would not consider staying there for longer. The hostel is located in a small old house in the pittoresque city center so that's really cool BUT it's just in a bars and pubs area. So it was noisy all night long and I had a hard time to fall asleep even being tired. Well, the window was open yeah but it was a hot summer day and the room supersmall and without any type of air condition. Pretty hot otherwise. Showers were clean.

Staff were great when checking in, helpful and friendly. Great location especially if arriving to Nuremberg by train. The hostel had everything you needed but I didn't enjoy my stay because a big group of young students were staying and made noise all night, not the fault of the hostel though.

Although the staff wasn't very communicative, it was a really nice stay. The atmosphere was great and the kitchen has everything you could need.

The best part of the hostel is the location. Close to beautiful churches, the imperial castle and museums. The man at the front desk is not really friendly though he will answer any questions that you ask, but it felt as if he was being inconvenienced at times. No real atmosphere here. Glad it was only one night.

Good kitchen. It says 3 mins from station but no other indication where

The Wifi had to be paid for separately, and hourly. The hostel was in a great location but the atmosphere was lacking and the facilities were in poor condition.

• 17th Jul 2014

It was a good hostel. The rooms are big. The atmosphere is so-so. Not too many people chill in the common room (dining room rather). One lady at the reception really helped me out! I would stay there again! :)

Wifi at 3 euros per hour ? Go to city Hostel Nürnberg :)

Never before have I experienced worse customer service. My friend and I arrived at 1.55pm, exhausted and sweaty. After climbing the two flights of stairs to reception with our backpacks on our backs, we were told that check in time was 2.00pm - no exceptions, and that we needed to find somewhere other than reception to wait out the 5 minutes. To make matters worse, after taking a nap and then spending the night in my 6 bed dorm, I found myself covered in painful, swollen, itchy bed bug bites.

• 15th Jul 2014

Smoke, smoke, and more smoke! The hostel itself and the location are great but the smoking overshadowed the experience. Signs are everywhere forbidding it but it's hard to enforce when the manager is smoking right by them. And travelers were smoking in their rooms which he obviously ignored even when alerted to it. I hated being there so only used it to sleep and shower. The place is great but be warned that the smell will invade all your goods. Oh, and they charge for Internet!!!